Author Topic: YouTube channels that suck but you can’t help watching…  (Read 1627 times)

PuffinMuffin

• Trade Count: (+22)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1428
Re: YouTube channels that suck but you can’t help watching…
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2022, 03:39:56 PM »
^ Reminded me of this batshit insane Canadian framer. He stopped uploading a year ago, hope he didn't fall. 

i’m 80% skateboarder 20% atlantic puffin enthusiast

bigdave

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 180
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2022, 03:49:24 PM »
Wes Watson & Caveh Zahedi

Both make really entertaining (albeit extremely different) videos, but also both seem awful on a personal level

Caveh has done some weird, fucked up shit. My introduction to him was in the linklater film Waking Life, then I found out he did some weird shit with family members and LSD
ok thanks

Gene_Harrogate

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 634
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2022, 03:55:51 PM »
Expand Quote
One of the gardening channels that I watch, the dude is kind of weird but he knows his stuff, and his tips on composting are on point.

[close]

I watch that channel too. I wouldn't say it sucks, but it's not the most entertaining stuff either. Very useful and I like how he actually tries to have a scientific approach when documenting results. I do the small market gardening thing in the summer and Neversink Farm and The Market Gardener (JM Fortier) are also really helpful though they are trying to sell books and online courses heavily too. I would put Curtis Stone (The Urban Farmer) on that list of channels that suck because he's often interjecting his right-wing bs into his channels over the years... but he had a lot of very useful info too.
Yeah I shouldn’t put him in the “sucks” category. He is a wealth of knowledge, just real dry with his delivery.  Not familiar with the urban farmer but I’ll steer clear. Are you familiar with the (Roots and Refuge) channel?

Get hungry on it!

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 45
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #33 on: March 25, 2022, 04:18:28 PM »
I watch a ton of true crime Shit that’s basically just millennials recapping murders I already know about from Wikipedia.  Primarily have it for background noise. 

Also been falling asleep to old Art Bell radio shows from the 90s lately.  They’re pretty great and get me sleeping like a baby

Shoutout to That Chapter

Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

augustmoon

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 793
« Reply #34 on: March 25, 2022, 05:47:50 PM »
Expand Quote
I watch a ton of true crime Shit that’s basically just millennials recapping murders I already know about from Wikipedia.  Primarily have it for background noise. 

Also been falling asleep to old Art Bell radio shows from the 90s lately.  They’re pretty great and get me sleeping like a baby
[close]

Shoutout to That Chapter

Oh you know I watch the fuck outta that one

Dr Grande gets a lot of clicks too
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

keepthefunkalive

• Rep: 129
« Reply #35 on: March 25, 2022, 07:25:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
One of the gardening channels that I watch, the dude is kind of weird but he knows his stuff, and his tips on composting are on point.

[close]

I watch that channel too. I wouldn't say it sucks, but it's not the most entertaining stuff either. Very useful and I like how he actually tries to have a scientific approach when documenting results. I do the small market gardening thing in the summer and Neversink Farm and The Market Gardener (JM Fortier) are also really helpful though they are trying to sell books and online courses heavily too. I would put Curtis Stone (The Urban Farmer) on that list of channels that suck because he's often interjecting his right-wing bs into his channels over the years... but he had a lot of very useful info too.
[close]
Yeah I shouldn’t put him in the “sucks” category. He is a wealth of knowledge, just real dry with his delivery.  Not familiar with the urban farmer but I’ll steer clear. Are you familiar with the (Roots and Refuge) channel?

Just added a couple videos to the watch list. I'll check em out

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 855
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2022, 02:10:27 PM »

I thought of That Chapter instantly from your description haha.. but I don't know if I'd put that in a thread about channels that suck. I think he's pretty good at what he does.

When I lived in my car I would listen to coast to coast every night when I turned the engine on to avoid freezing. There was like a month straight where they just played old Art shows when Noory was sick or on vacation or something and it was like the best thing in my life at the time haha. The OG ones are great, he's so earnest about everything that it's easy to get sucked in haha.

skippersoldballs

• Rep: 72
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2022, 08:48:31 PM »

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1578
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2022, 10:50:47 PM »
Strangely I’ve come to enjoy what the Supra channel has become…..

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #39 on: March 28, 2022, 07:48:28 AM »
There's a lot of editing and a very generous level of interpretation but kinda interesting. Videos kinda lack any real presentation and I'm not fully convinced it's real so I'll say it almost/kinda sucks but not.

HeavyAndExpensive

• Rep: 115
« Reply #40 on: March 28, 2022, 08:21:24 AM »

My buddies used to live next door to Art Bell's estranged son. He did not have a lot of nice things to say about him.

WavyDavy

• Rep: 128
« Reply #41 on: March 28, 2022, 11:09:10 PM »
Last weekend I found myself in a rabbit hole of watching families doing big groceries in those huge US stores like Walmart or whatever. For me as an European it's so interesting how much candies they buy for their children. Often those families have like 10 or more children. 

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #42 on: March 28, 2022, 11:19:40 PM »
Shit for rich nerds

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1430
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #43 on: March 29, 2022, 01:05:40 AM »
i love intentionally or unintentionally bad cooking channels

like dinotendies, or thewolfepit. or any person that thinks they are a cook and then produce absolute crap. i love seeing people cook "authentic pasta" with a fucking kraft marinara pack. like they don't know that real tomatos exist. it's such a great mix of fun and horror to watch someone do absolutely everything wrong when preparing the most basic food.

some people mentioned nojumper, that's what i watch when i need a dose of absolute brainrot or confirmation that the world is about to end soon and humanity has started to degenerate already.

i watched about 5 mins of the island boys interview and felt like my brain is slowly making its way out of my ears and nose.