Author Topic: Most cringe thing you've seen at a skatepark  (Read 10734 times)

trashparty

Most cringe thing you've seen at a skatepark
« on: April 08, 2022, 05:21:17 PM »
Just had the wildest shit happen lmao, i usually skate in the morning to avoid the locals at my park (their fried) as well as the fact that my job is an afternoon/night gig, but i had the day off and felt like skating a hubba so I pulled up.

anyways, i just saw a kid in a FA shirt, bigboys, and a hook-ups board, focus his deck and scream FUCK! repeatedly, after trying to do a lame ass kickflip on the smallest hip in the park for 30+ minutes, meanwhile his homie was follow caming with an iphone fisheye and one of those iphone filmer grips.

after the kid focused his deck for the clip, his filmer homie said "that clip is so fire"

they proceeded to smoke weed out of the nastiest bubbler i have ever laid eyes on in my life, filmer homie got multiple close up shots of him ripping the bowl. (i presume for the edit)

directly after, (while waiting in line for the step up), i heard this white guy in sunglasses, a henley, and a revive deck, drop the N-bomb while singing a Chance the rapper lyric. He then proceeded to lace up the most crispy kickflip underflip i have ever seen in my life, up that step up.

i had to leave immediately after this in order to preserve my mental health. While sitting in my car, this made me recall all of the cringe moments of my past, and realize none of them are nearly as bad as what i just witnessed.

Can anyone share experiences on par with my day today, or did i just witnessed the most fried shit of all time back to back.

definitely will be talking about these instances with my therapist on wednesday.

do ur thing SLAP, i wanna hear ur cringe stories. <3

Faxmachine

Re: Most cringe thing you've seen at a skatepark
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2022, 06:21:43 PM »
Most cringe was about an hour ago. The person roll up and get scared of all the life going down in the skatepark. They didn’t even try anything.  They left and we saw in their lips something “leaving for my mental health”  they got in their car and was  typing on phone. I think they was on slap message boards at the skatepark but I was pretty far away doing rips off the bubbler so could have been Facebook.

bssmithslide

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -41
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2022, 06:28:20 PM »
Ima keep it real, it sounds like that kid lived more in 30 minutes than the average man will live in a life time.

cky enthusiast

« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2022, 06:52:08 PM »
it’s all bad

cilantro

• Rep: 44
  • human bean
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2022, 07:00:59 PM »
I’m pretty cringe sometimes, like i’ll do sweepers

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2022, 07:01:11 PM »
Oh god too many moments that I can recall,  rolling delta 8 blunts spitting scooter kids n bombs dropped lengthy story tellers of who knows who blah blah blah.

I believe it was at burnside I punched a dipshit for dropping dirty rigs in one of the bowls from up top.

In Florida there seems to be a shit load of prefabricated parks and those are the worst for local shenanigans to happen.

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2022, 07:16:18 PM »
Terrible graffiti during the daytime in an open park with park guards is at the top, Scooter moms are bad. I know I have done just as much cringey stuff when I was young though. Those who live in a glass house shouldn't throw stones. Unless you're Danzig, he can do what he wants.

cucktard

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2022, 08:17:30 PM »
Just had the wildest shit happen lmao, i usually skate in the morning to avoid the locals at my park (their fried) as well as the fact that my job is an afternoon/night gig, but i had the day off and felt like skating a hubba so I pulled up.

anyways, i just saw a kid in a FA shirt, bigboys, and a hook-ups board, focus his deck and scream FUCK! repeatedly, after trying to do a lame ass kickflip on the smallest hip in the park for 30+ minutes, meanwhile his homie was follow caming with an iphone fisheye and one of those iphone filmer grips.

after the kid focused his deck for the clip, his filmer homie said "that clip is so fire"

they proceeded to smoke weed out of the nastiest bubbler i have ever laid eyes on in my life, filmer homie got multiple close up shots of him ripping the bowl. (i presume for the edit)

directly after, (while waiting in line for the step up), i heard this white guy in sunglasses, a henley, and a revive deck, drop the N-bomb while singing a Chance the rapper lyric. He then proceeded to lace up the most crispy kickflip underflip i have ever seen in my life, up that step up.

i had to leave immediately after this in order to preserve my mental health. While sitting in my car, this made me recall all of the cringe moments of my past, and realize none of them are nearly as bad as what i just witnessed.

Can anyone share experiences on par with my day today, or did i just witnessed the most fried shit of all time back to back.

definitely will be talking about these instances with my therapist on wednesday.

Geez, the 90’s revival is getting a bit too authentic
I’m trying to be every mom’s favorite skater’-&&

Duane's the type of guy to ask to see your junk then go to school and tell everyone you're gay. - Uncle Flea

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2022, 08:22:37 PM »
Me. Today. Trying to skate. Pathetic.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2022, 08:28:29 PM »
Years ago now but west Sydney has the most scooterers on earth easy. With them come parents some stay in their car or setup a chair and look at the phones but then some started to get scooters themselves and get involved. Anyway there must of been some kind of scooter parent group think going on because all these new/alternate skatepark rules started happening. Like the parents just assumed a skatepark was some unruly free for all and tried to figure it out.  Anyway one time skating this mini bowl a dad came over and was trying to tell us all the rules being like "ok you go" points to someone then "and now it's your turn" points to someone else. And you say "skating" when your dropping in or say "crossing" or you're just dropping in to cross the bowl. Also you should all stand with your boards on the coping to save time. By the way this guy's probably like 40 talking to a group of 25-30 year olds

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2022, 08:28:47 PM »
at least every other week some shitty band or rapper thinks its a real original and cool idea to film a music video at the skatepark. 
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 29
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2022, 08:57:00 PM »
at least every other week some shitty band or rapper thinks its a real original and cool idea to film a music video at the skatepark.

I saw some post on Reddit where a tik tok crew had lights and camera gear set up in the middle of the park to film a fucking tik tok. I’d sharkbite their damn tripods if I was there.
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

ABQBBQ

• Rep: 25
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2022, 10:05:53 PM »
Embrace the cringe. Stop worrying about other people and just skate.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #13 on: April 08, 2022, 10:14:58 PM »

How you gonna focus a Hook-Ups? If you’re just gonna go snap boards on some dumb shit go buy a Plan B or Blind deck or some shit.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 280
« Reply #14 on: April 08, 2022, 10:15:22 PM »
Embrace the cringe. Stop worrying about other people and just skate.

That’s no fun

Your Cousin Marvin

• Rep: -144
  • Having my poasts moderated makes me sad
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2022, 10:35:38 PM »
Once there was this guy who thought he was hot shit. He told some roller skating girls "this is a skate park, not a roller park".He was pulling out his pants legs and bragging about how he can change them from pants to shorts in an instant and snaking everyone while calling out the tricks he was going to do.
One time he said "Ollie north"
And he fell and hurt his knee side.
And I pulled out my compass and looked at it and yelled"more like Ollie East"
Then everyone clapped . Two dudes gave me daps and the old dudes at the bowl started banging their trucks against the coping. One of the black roller skaters sucked on her finger and winked at me. And the guy was so humiliated he quit skateboarding.
1:1 Ratio

Fat Tire

• Rep: -18
  • "Do A Kickflip!" Hahaha...
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2022, 10:47:19 PM »
Once there was this guy who thought he was hot shit. He told some roller skating girls "this is a skate park, not a roller park".He was pulling out his pants legs and bragging about how he can change them from pants to shorts in an instant and snaking everyone while calling out the tricks he was going to do.
One time he said "Ollie north"
And he fell and hurt his knee side.
And I pulled out my compass and looked at it and yelled"more like Ollie East"
Then everyone clapped . Two dudes gave me daps and the old dudes at the bowl started banging their trucks against the coping. One of the black roller skaters sucked on her finger and winked at me. And the guy was so humiliated he quit skateboarding.

damn

nevrwasben

« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2022, 10:53:10 PM »
I feel like OP is possibly trolling or maybe just waaay younger than my old ass, but yeah, just ignore the lames or leave…

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2022, 11:04:44 PM »
I go to the worst park in town that nobody skates anymore. It’s just some 8 year old on a se bike and paisa dudes drinking at the picnic tables.

Blind Trucks

« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2022, 11:54:59 PM »
Most cringe was about an hour ago. The person roll up and get scared of all the life going down in the skatepark. They didn’t even try anything.  They left and we saw in their lips something “leaving for my mental health”  they got in their car and was  typing on phone. I think they was on slap message boards at the skatepark but I was pretty far away doing rips off the bubbler so could have been Facebook.

Bailedsweeper

• Rep: -2
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2022, 02:16:15 AM »
Some high school kid showed up to the park with both a board and scooter and kept claiming to his friend how easy skateboarding was. I was trying to backside Ollie into a steep bank wall instead of partying into it and asked if he could do it. First try he buckled hard probably rolled ankle and then immediately hobbled out of the park with his buddy.

InkkeACAB

• Rep: 21
« Reply #21 on: April 09, 2022, 03:07:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

How you gonna focus a Hook-Ups? If you’re just gonna go snap boards on some dumb shit go buy a Plan B or Blind deck or some shit.

imagine riding a hookups deck in 2022

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -273
« Reply #22 on: April 09, 2022, 03:14:12 AM »
Anytime someone thinks they have priority because they are filming

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #23 on: April 09, 2022, 03:35:10 AM »
Adults assaulting children.

dumb skate trick

• Rep: 4
« Reply #24 on: April 09, 2022, 04:09:50 AM »
Telling a dude something he did was sick and getting the response “yeah, I know”

Getting in the way of a guy playing skate causing him to mess his trick up and apologizing (even tho they were playing in a fucked spot and totally in the way) and him replying “it’s all good I probably would have landed it tho”

Going to the skate park and Dan Corrigan is there preying on some underage girls

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2022, 04:45:36 AM »
i am always the most cringe thing at any skatepark, no contest

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2022, 04:56:07 AM »
Me when I skate the one shitty park I've always gone to and a local will be like I haven't seen you in a year.....yeah cuz that's like the last time I skated lol

Tommy G

• Rep: -10
« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2022, 06:07:00 AM »
Some dude parked next to the skatepark and was filming a music video out in the parking lot. He brought his girlfriend with him and she was dancing and twerking in the video. Instead of coming into the skatepark like his girlfriend wanted him to, he goes and tries to skate around the playground next to the park since he could barely ride.

sharkin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 488
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2022, 06:19:23 AM »
For me it’s the endless supply of tweakers in tank tops riding 7.75” boards, crooking the whole flat bar telling you it’s the first time they’ve skated in x amount of years.

NORTHBYMIDWEST

• Rep: 18
« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2022, 06:31:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

imagine riding a hookups deck in 2022

Well if I had to describe it, it’s somewhere between snapping into a slim jim and chewing 5 gum but why just imagine it when you can make it a reality my friend?

https://hookupsofficial.myshopify.com/

Get that bunny girl deck, DO IT.