Author Topic: Cult of the Huffer  (Read 43222 times)

Frank and Fred

Re: Cult of the Huffer
« Reply #90 on: April 20, 2022, 08:18:44 AM »
It's getting to the point that we need an automated response bot for all the people wondering about the wheelbase. As many have said, for some reason the dimensions work really well together, this is coming from someone who refused to skate anything bigger than 14.5.

The shape makes it feel way more nimble as the dimensions might make it seem. Out of my 3 current setups, a 9 inch square tail Zane Timpson and a 10 inch Heroin Mutant this one is definitely the easiest to do flip tricks on while still giving you the advantage of riding a wider board.

Amazing how it works. I wonder if it's because the longer tail offsets the wheelbase, along with he tail shape being conducive to flips? I don't know but the Huffer flips better for me than most any other board I have had in recent memory. Could just be b/c I am 6', 200 lbs with size 12 feet. Many I was making life unnecessarily difficult trying to skate smaller boards... Gall Bless CK1 and Cardiel.

fs1/2cab

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 608
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #91 on: April 20, 2022, 11:55:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
is the AH black widow a mini version of the huffer in terms of board shape?
[close]

?  Black Label Black Widow?  Widow is 9.25, 14.75WB, Rueter and Adams eggs are slightly smaller huffers - huffettes, as it were.
[close]

It is easy to confuse it as they are both similar shapes, but the Black Widow was from 2019 along with some other shaped boards and fun things pre pandemic shortages and issues.

Actually a pretty good catalog all round:

https://www.antiheroskateboards.com/summer-2019/

Edit:

This one and yes it looks quite like it, as said in a scaled down version.

WIDTH
LENGTH
WHEEL BASE

[close]

This shape needs to come back
IG: @flowterspace

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 576

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2022, 08:10:21 PM »
Also can anyone comment on how the Huffer/Phawt skates vs AH Blue Meanie?

Freelancevagrant

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1560
« Reply #94 on: April 21, 2022, 08:23:40 PM »
Can’t compare the huffer and the blue meanie without being entirely subjective and saying the huffer is better. If I’m being honest.

Also here’s footage of ishod in the huffer.
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson dated flight decks.

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #95 on: April 21, 2022, 08:43:09 PM »
Can’t compare the huffer and the blue meanie without being entirely subjective and saying the huffer is better. If I’m being honest.

I have both set up right now and I agree. The huffer is a much better, do it all shape. skates like a much smaller board. The blue meanie is a fun deck but its more of a cruiser. Very long and not super responsive.

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #96 on: April 21, 2022, 09:04:40 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I have both set up right now and I agree. The huffer is a much better, do it all shape. skates like a much smaller board. The blue meanie is a fun deck but its more of a cruiser. Very long and not super responsive.

Thank you both! Good to hear. I had the blue meanie and it wasn't for me. Really wanna try a Huffer now!

Frank and Fred

« Reply #97 on: April 21, 2022, 09:08:15 PM »

Where's the footie?? you tease....

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #98 on: April 21, 2022, 09:23:09 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

SORRY EVERYONE

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #99 on: April 22, 2022, 08:23:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Thank you both! Good to hear. I had the blue meanie and it wasn't for me. Really wanna try a Huffer now!

I had a lot of fun with the Blue Meanie and my expectations were actually sort of low for the huffer. Thought it would just be a fun shape I pulled out at certain sessions. Now it's my main board, I don't even really pull out my popsicle anymore. Huffer is a fun, shaped deck but it also has some magic that makes it skate like a smaller board.

Bunk Moreland

« Reply #100 on: April 22, 2022, 09:21:55 AM »
I had one a few years ago on ace 55s and my buddy said I was doing my best skateboarding in years on it. I just ordered one of those cheap girl boards, hopefully it works out.

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #101 on: April 22, 2022, 03:54:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

SORRY EVERYONE

dang ishod really is the best skater of all time. Everytime I see footy from him I’m
Reminded of that. Love to see him on the huffer too
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 04:59:13 PM by hobochimp »

Frank and Fred

« Reply #102 on: April 22, 2022, 04:38:01 PM »
Hate to be a downer but I think Ishod was on the Tommy G shape not the Huffer.

oak leaf

• Rep: 50
« Reply #103 on: April 25, 2022, 07:26:12 AM »
Anyone riding a huffer on ventures? Been trying to stick to one truck but this shape just looks really nice to me…

I tried a dane1 and it became a cruiser quickly. I do my best skating on 8.25 pops idk why i do this to myself

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1107
« Reply #104 on: April 25, 2022, 09:28:36 AM »
Anyone riding a huffer on ventures? Been trying to stick to one truck but this shape just looks really nice to me…

I tried a dane1 and it became a cruiser quickly. I do my best skating on 8.25 pops idk why i do this to myself

I personally think ventures would work well with that shape, ideally If the trucks are 8.75” (6.1 in venture nomenclature).

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #105 on: April 29, 2022, 06:55:25 PM »

Thought I would add this here too.

A guy I know who also has taken to the Huffer shape.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #106 on: April 29, 2022, 08:15:57 PM »
There's a few people here who are really into this shape. Let's celebrate it, dissect it. Post 'em up. Set up shots, action shots, new graphic shots... Huffers and Phawts, let's see 'em!

This board and a Sandoval zero board are the only two boards I’ve ever not liked.

I have the blue cardiel eagle still in plastic. I don’t like that the nose is narrower that the tail. Something about it feels wrong to me. I’ve thought about riding it backwards but my ocd won’t let me

The Sandoval was a popsicle that got fatter in the back and took me a minute to realize why it felt off. I gave it away after a session

Both boards felt weird under my feet. This AH deck has been sold for a few years now so other people must like it
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #107 on: April 29, 2022, 09:09:31 PM »
Expand Quote
There's a few people here who are really into this shape. Let's celebrate it, dissect it. Post 'em up. Set up shots, action shots, new graphic shots... Huffers and Phawts, let's see 'em!

[close]

This board and a Sandoval zero board are the only two boards I’ve ever not liked.

I have the blue cardiel eagle still in plastic. I don’t like that the nose is narrower that the tail. Something about it feels wrong to me. I’ve thought about riding it backwards but my ocd won’t let me

The Sandoval was a popsicle that got fatter in the back and took me a minute to realize why it felt off. I gave it away after a session

Both boards felt weird under my feet. This AH deck has been sold for a few years now so other people must like it

I remember you having a legendary quiver. If I remember it’s a bunch of nice boards on 169s

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2022, 05:32:09 AM »

My friend you’re in the wrong part of town.

Either way, here’s a crosspost.

Setting this bad boy up today after work.

Ronnie Rodriguez

« Reply #109 on: May 03, 2022, 06:14:56 AM »
I have the same one on ice. Kind of been more of a Dane1 than a Huffer these days, but I know I am going to want to have one again at some point.

I've owned 5 Huffers and all of them have had light green tops. Convinced me for a bit that it was all that is out there, but seeing these other ones gives me hope that I may get an orange, brown, or red.

djoekr

• Rep: 293
« Reply #110 on: May 03, 2022, 07:54:50 AM »
I have the same one on ice. Kind of been more of a Dane1 than a Huffer these days, but I know I am going to want to have one again at some point.

I've owned 5 Huffers and all of them have had light green tops. Convinced me for a bit that it was all that is out there, but seeing these other ones gives me hope that I may get an orange, brown, or red.

Got the same Curbageddon Huffer, one almost done and 2 on ice. Got them in a turquoise, yellow and dark green top ply so there definitely are different ply combinations out there, but I've personally never seen a BBS red ply top before.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Ronnie Rodriguez

« Reply #111 on: May 03, 2022, 08:06:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Got the same Curbageddon Huffer, one almost done and 2 on ice. Got them in a turquoise, yellow and dark green top ply so there definitely are different ply combinations out there, but I've personally never seen a BBS red ply top before.

Now that you mention it, neither have I.

minilogoflow

• Rep: 84
« Reply #112 on: May 03, 2022, 01:27:51 PM »
First session on the Huffer/Phawt shape and I'm in love. $45 shipped from a ccs sale was worth it. Gonna try a Huffer next
Excuse the shitty grip job, did it in a hurry lol.

Crailtap Phawt
159 Indy Forged Hollow
Spitfire 58mm CF 97a
Bronson G2
Mob Grip
Shorty's Allen Hardware
1/8th risers

chris.

• Rep: 184
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #113 on: May 03, 2022, 05:29:12 PM »
Just set up that same one. Only got 15 minutes on it but I like it. Wasn't feeling great when I skated it (had a stomach bug start to kick my ass just a couple hours later) but I snapped a kickflip that felt great with it.

Not only was I feeling guilty about CCS, I accidentally had those fuckers grip the board.  Might be the first time since my literal first board that I didn't do the grip. Feels icky, but the shape seems to be everything I was hoping for.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1019
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #114 on: May 03, 2022, 06:26:06 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Re red top ply on BBS - thankfully there have not been that many.  I had a couple of the AH black eagle 8.12 decks a long time ago and had seen a couple more around that same time in other graphics, then maybe a run of a certain Polar board had red top and bottom, but all up I don't think it has been a colour that is often used for tops, more for the middle "indicator" layer in Element and a few other brands.

There have been a whole lot more variations on colours more recently though, which is pretty cool to see, but the old traditional yellow, light green, mid and dark blue, orange and a few others are the most common.  Teal and mauve / pale purple has also been one I have seen a lot more of, as well as brown, charcoal, grey, pink...

* Almost forgot to say, been riding the Huffer I have as a cruiser for a few "family adventures" recently and it certainly holds up for a board I can just roll around the streets on as well as do a few laps of skateparks too, the 60 mm 90 duro wheels are good for everything on it, without trying too hard to actually do any normal skating.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Ok

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #115 on: May 03, 2022, 07:29:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Re red top ply on BBS - thankfully there have not been that many.  I had a couple of the AH black eagle 8.12 decks a long time ago and had seen a couple more around that same time in other graphics, then maybe a run of a certain Polar board had red top and bottom, but all up I don't think it has been a colour that is often used for tops, more for the middle "indicator" layer in Element and a few other brands.

There have been a whole lot more variations on colours more recently though, which is pretty cool to see, but the old traditional yellow, light green, mid and dark blue, orange and a few others are the most common.  Teal and mauve / pale purple has also been one I have seen a lot more of, as well as brown, charcoal, grey, pink...

* Almost forgot to say, been riding the Huffer I have as a cruiser for a few "family adventures" recently and it certainly holds up for a board I can just roll around the streets on as well as do a few laps of skateparks too, the 60 mm 90 duro wheels are good for everything on it, without trying too hard to actually do any normal skating.

I’m sure I’ve had a polar red top (my memory is burnt, but I’m pretty sure, it was from early on when the graphics were especially nice), wasn’t mad at the red at all.
Pretty sure both my huffers were natural brown looking top ply

Hefe43

• Rep: 176
« Reply #116 on: May 04, 2022, 12:30:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I remember you having a legendary quiver. If I remember it’s a bunch of nice boards on 169s

Yeah the majority are 169s, something about a big board that feels dope
Tyshawn seems like the kind of guy to hate everyone at least a little bit

This Thing Of Ours

Freelancevagrant

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #117 on: May 09, 2022, 06:18:08 PM »
Crosspost

Anti Hero Huffer 9.18” X 32.62” 14.81” wb
Film 155
Spitfire f4 conical full 54mm 97a
Reds
Diamond
Jessup
@PuffinMuffin made stickers

144p

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1058
    • 35th Ave Skates avatar image
« Reply #118 on: May 09, 2022, 08:35:39 PM »
Redrilled my huffer to a 14.38 wb, I am sold
Yesterday felt good.

gsosa

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal