Poll

How do you see the twin tip deck market in 5 to 10 years?

Come on...it's just a stupid fashion!
Twin tip & traditional popsicle decks will live happy together.
It's the future! Shut up and take my money!

Author Topic: Twin tip and you? POLL : the deck market in 5 to 10 years?  (Read 4021 times)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Twin tip and you? POLL : the deck market in 5 to 10 years?
« Reply #60 on: May 07, 2022, 05:38:43 AM »

I remember searching high and low to find more of the Creature EVIL/LIVE decks for a couple of guys who loved them, but they were gone almost as soon as they were released, or so it seemed.

There is definitely a whole lot more interest nowdays than there was back then, so it is good there are options with them.

What I would be curious about is if they started doing all the molds in twin kicks, then cutting them as needed, compared to almost everyone doing a very definite front kick and tail kick, as per pretty much all decks I can stand on and feel which kick is which without looking or working out which one is longer / shorter.

Over the years I have had two DLX boards that were cut and printed upside down and those things were so weird to stand on and skate for me.  I gave the first one away the same day I set it up and then kept the second one, virtually unskated for a long time, then passed it on to someone else who rode boards backwards anyway - he said it was the best board he ever had too - but that is just one of those things. 

Everyone has their own preferences.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

funeral_tuxedo

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1209
  • old and in the way
« Reply #61 on: May 07, 2022, 08:48:37 PM »

I remember searching high and low to find more of the Creature EVIL/LIVE decks for a couple of guys who loved them, but they were gone almost as soon as they were released, or so it seemed.

There is definitely a whole lot more interest nowdays than there was back then, so it is good there are options with them.

What I would be curious about is if they started doing all the molds in twin kicks, then cutting them as needed, compared to almost everyone doing a very definite front kick and tail kick, as per pretty much all decks I can stand on and feel which kick is which without looking or working out which one is longer / shorter.

Over the years I have had two DLX boards that were cut and printed upside down and those things were so weird to stand on and skate for me.  I gave the first one away the same day I set it up and then kept the second one, virtually unskated for a long time, then passed it on to someone else who rode boards backwards anyway - he said it was the best board he ever had too - but that is just one of those things. 

Everyone has their own preferences.

those Creature EVIL/LIVE graphics were so cool

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1037
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #62 on: May 07, 2022, 09:52:14 PM »
The EvilivE series was great, rode a few of the 8.25x14.353WB). I wish they'd do a run as their wood is so crispy.