Author Topic: Primitive "Define" Full Length - Premier May 27th  (Read 36130 times)

Swithflip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
Re: Primitive "Define" Full Length - Premier May 27th
« Reply #360 on: June 09, 2022, 07:13:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Incredibly high level skating across the board, that for some reason is completely disposable.
[close]
This… took me 4 different attempts to make it through the video. A big team of really incredibly skilled skaters but all with the absolute most boring styles ever compiled in one team video.
[close]

What high level pros peak your interest as far as style goes? Just curious
[close]

"Brad Cromer" lol
[close]
Yeah big fan of Brad obviously. Sablone , Manderson, Nyle Lovett, Bob Wo, Hjalte, Dane Brady, Louie Lopez, Templeton , Gonz , Ellington, Allen, there are a bunch more. Basically anyone that actually moves their arms when they skate, the perfect landing with arms to your side shit just isn’t my cup of tea.

"Yep, I like a diferent type of skating but came to the topic and talk shit aboult it"

Opinions about footboll lovers means nothing about basketball.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #361 on: June 09, 2022, 07:34:32 AM »
Tiago Switch big back tail on pyramid was a shout out to kalis from mind field. that was insane.

Dr Hass

• Rep: 4
« Reply #362 on: June 09, 2022, 09:46:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Incredibly high level skating across the board, that for some reason is completely disposable.
[close]
This… took me 4 different attempts to make it through the video. A big team of really incredibly skilled skaters but all with the absolute most boring styles ever compiled in one team video.
[close]

[close]

"Brad Cromer" lol
[close]
Yeah big fan of Brad obviously. Sablone , Manderson, Nyle Lovett, Bob Wo, Hjalte, Dane Brady, Louie Lopez, Templeton , Gonz , Ellington, Allen, there are a bunch more. Basically anyone that actually moves their arms when they skate, the perfect landing with arms to your side shit just isn’t my cup of tea.
[close]

"Yep, I like a diferent type of skating but came to the topic and talk shit aboult it"

Opinions about footboll lovers means nothing about basketball.

Bizarre take. He watched the vid and, like me, didn’t enjoy it that much. It’s fine to consume something and then have a negative opinion on it?

Anyway my main thing is that yeah, they all just have a cookie cutter style and ultimately look like different iterations of the same person. It’s incredibly good skating but as I said up thread, for me not memorable at all and I can imagine that being the case for other people too.

WPG

• Rep: -4
« Reply #363 on: June 09, 2022, 09:52:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

"Brad Cromer" lol
[close]

Is this your favorite video part? Arms all over the place what great stylish Skating!

Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 847
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #364 on: June 09, 2022, 09:58:04 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

"Brad Cromer" lol
[close]
[close]

Is this your favorite video part? Arms all over the place what great stylish Skating!

Lol Na there is a huge difference in moving your arms and flapping them all over the place.
My bad,  I have an opinion about a video in a thread discussing said video , what was I thinking…?

WavyDavy

• Rep: 127
« Reply #365 on: June 09, 2022, 11:54:51 AM »
Honestly, i was struggling not to fall asleep in the middle of the video. Im not used to 1 h skatevids anymore.
All in all it was really good, and i def need to rewatch it to fully appreciate it.

MichaelJacksonsGhost

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • Rep: 48
« Reply #366 on: June 09, 2022, 01:58:25 PM »
I watched this with my 15 year old brother, and he loved it. Granted, he didn’t look up from his cell phone once. Still bumped

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #367 on: June 10, 2022, 03:35:33 AM »
did anyone notice a lot of people were using the Vianna deck? It seemed like every single rider had at least one clip with it. Was it because they wanted to shout out homey while he was hurt? OR was it during covid deck shortages? Or did guys just realy like the shape on it?

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -213
« Reply #368 on: June 10, 2022, 07:42:33 AM »
I liked Peacock and Franky the most

Beeda Weeda

« Reply #369 on: June 10, 2022, 07:58:13 AM »
Franky is awesome to watch, and he's a cute kid

jrb32

• Rep: -2
« Reply #370 on: June 10, 2022, 08:16:46 AM »
did anyone notice a lot of people were using the Vianna deck? It seemed like every single rider had at least one clip with it. Was it because they wanted to shout out homey while he was hurt? OR was it during covid deck shortages? Or did guys just realy like the shape on it?

I did the same, bought like 10 of them haha. Primitive went a long ass time without boards in stores beg of covid/when they started switching wood shops, and that was the last bbs board they had made, so for a while it was the only graphic/board I could find, before they started having china wood and what not. So I bought every one I could find online haha. Im assuming those clips must have all been during the start of covid and that time.

Banned from the room

« Reply #371 on: June 10, 2022, 08:23:02 AM »
👑 👑 👑 👑

If they wasn’t on P then I wouldn’t be that interested in watching the video.

I’d never have seen Carlos skate.

hamm

• Rep: 0
« Reply #372 on: June 10, 2022, 10:07:07 AM »
Robert Neal reminds me of crazy frog jumpin off all that high shit and looking identical

huggs

• Rep: -16
« Reply #373 on: June 10, 2022, 01:20:20 PM »
German haircuts, New Balances and subtle Christian vibes trending hard

lololol

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #374 on: June 10, 2022, 05:43:33 PM »

I finally got around to watching this whole thing. I was hoping this would be like baker 3 level epic, but it wasn’t. Sick skating aside, they trade personality cohesion. Which works, I’m just not a fan.

That being said, holy shit. To many individual tricks to really say what was sick. I wish there was more Robert Neal. He’s insane.

I didn’t realize franky valani was a beast. Like he’s one of my favorites, but I enjoy him for his unique approach to skating. This time there was less of that and more of him just fucking shit up

Even after watching the Intro I still forgot how many people are on this team. It’s insane. Like I legit forgot Brian peacock existed and he rips. he went pro for them so early on.

I thought kyonoske made lakai look cool

Seeing wade made me fill old. He was a DGK wonder kid when I was first starting out. He looked old and grizzled now.

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1980
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #375 on: June 10, 2022, 11:50:25 PM »

Pretty good take on the video, the energy fizzles out mid way when the entire team is technically stacked and nothing stands out anymore. Having a full length (45 min +) video is a testament to how good your team is but damn is it tiring to watch in 1 sitting. Would have benefitted from splitting the video into 2 or 3 parts, kind of like what Baker is doing (20 min, 3 main riders with a couple of tricks from the rest of the team).

Watching the video made me think I should pay more attention to my "fit", I have 5 t-shirts / pants / caps that I cycle through during the week. Maybe I should buy nice tops... (but not the Primitive stuff, ain't $40 for a Naruto t-shirt)
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
« Reply #376 on: June 11, 2022, 07:40:23 AM »
I still respect them for doing what they are doing….stacked team who doesn’t want to….doesn’t need to stack footage, they drop an hour long video every couple years….no one will ever be that again so I’m good just letting these guys do that.   

Getty

• Rep: 49
« Reply #377 on: June 11, 2022, 09:15:14 AM »
Still absorbing all of it, but jesus fucking christ, TIAGO. Everyone is sick but that dude is just superhuman. He kept approaching some ledge that was basically a wall, and I'd be thinking, no way is he going to jump on that thing. And then he does it either nollie or switch. I couldn't even 5050 most of those "ledges" he's hitting.

Amazing video. 

Banned from the room

« Reply #378 on: June 11, 2022, 09:43:19 AM »
I like Brian Peacock’s manuals. I missed that part because of all the bad musical choices in a row I think

MysticalTypeExperience

• Rep: 128
« Reply #379 on: June 11, 2022, 12:21:16 PM »

Pretty good take on the video, the energy fizzles out mid way when the entire team is technically stacked and nothing stands out anymore. Having a full length (45 min +) video is a testament to how good your team is but damn is it tiring to watch in 1 sitting. Would have benefitted from splitting the video into 2 or 3 parts, kind of like what Baker is doing (20 min, 3 main riders with a couple of tricks from the rest of the team).

Watching the video made me think I should pay more attention to my "fit", I have 5 t-shirts / pants / caps that I cycle through during the week. Maybe I should buy nice tops... (but not the Primitive stuff, ain't $40 for a Naruto t-shirt)

I disagree, I'm tired of companies just shitting out whatever 10 minutes of footage they have every 3 weeks or posting every clip on IG immediately.

Seeing a full hour top-tier production video come out is refreshing as fuck. I got so stoked to grab a snack and just indulge. I did end up watching it in one sitting, but the whole full FULL length vibe made me nostalgic for the days when I'd sit and watch entire videos all day.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1594
« Reply #380 on: June 11, 2022, 03:38:09 PM »
What’s next, he’s going to shit all over a marvel movie?

WavyDavy

• Rep: 127
« Reply #381 on: June 12, 2022, 09:59:50 AM »
for all the robert neal fans and haters

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 873
« Reply #382 on: June 12, 2022, 10:19:22 AM »
This has been a total earworm for a week. I'll be kicking myself when I find out but anyone know where the samples from?

quackquack

• Rep: -428
« Reply #383 on: June 12, 2022, 10:20:38 AM »

Do you still need mama's help to cut up your chicken?
Oh, the places you'll go.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #384 on: June 12, 2022, 11:04:34 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nothing stands out because all the music and editing is the same through out most of it. Individually all these parts are heavy. But as a piece this video blends together.

This video is shorter than fully flared and pretty sweet, but it sure didn’t feel like it.

Easy Slider

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 710
« Reply #385 on: June 12, 2022, 01:04:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Nothing stands out because all the music and editing is the same through out most of it. Individually all these parts are heavy. But as a piece this video blends together.

This video is shorter than fully flared and pretty sweet, but it sure didn’t feel like it.

Dude have you missed Franky's part? Sticks out like a sore thumb - but in a good way.
why come?

Life is too short to be angry at the Shrimp Blunt intro

anillusionofthepants

• Rep: 16
« Reply #386 on: June 12, 2022, 04:15:39 PM »
This has been a total earworm for a week. I'll be kicking myself when I find out but anyone know where the samples from?

It was in the "How to with John Wilson" soundtrack. That's where I know this song from.

Jonny7.5Alive

• Rep: 87
« Reply #387 on: June 13, 2022, 05:12:07 AM »
 Anybody know what shorts Tiago is rocking?

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #388 on: June 13, 2022, 08:29:49 AM »
i have watched brian peacock's part every single day since release, the song fits perfect for it. i think it flies by much quicker than fully flared, the only section i really skip is the am section. also that guy going hype for Tiago at the beginning is pure amazing.

one thing that took me a few view to notice- they sort of flow one part into the next like tiago ender at SF then goes into JB's pier 7 lines, or like Pedro is there for Brian Peacock's ender.

i really enjoy this soundtrack start to fininsh and its not typically stuff id listen to. i just thought it suited the video perfectly. i never watned to be one of those old guys who was like "i dont like ANY new shit". i feel like that is what a lot of you guys saying the music sucked are sounding a bit like. its cool if you dont like it though, i totally get it. most of my friends werent feelin it either  ;D 

i like how someone said it reminded them of the old days of degenerate staying inside watching skate vids though. everyone is doing 20 minutes edits these guys had the power to put out a proper full length and the last full length imo that even came close to hit this hard was stay gold

Swithflip

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -748
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #389 on: June 13, 2022, 04:20:31 PM »
i have watched brian peacock's part every single day since release, the song fits perfect for it. i think it flies by much quicker than fully flared, the only section i really skip is the am section. also that guy going hype for Tiago at the beginning is pure amazing.

one thing that took me a few view to notice- they sort of flow one part into the next like tiago ender at SF then goes into JB's pier 7 lines, or like Pedro is there for Brian Peacock's ender.

i really enjoy this soundtrack start to fininsh and its not typically stuff id listen to. i just thought it suited the video perfectly. i never watned to be one of those old guys who was like "i dont like ANY new shit". i feel like that is what a lot of you guys saying the music sucked are sounding a bit like. its cool if you dont like it though, i totally get it. most of my friends werent feelin it either  ;D 

i like how someone said it reminded them of the old days of degenerate staying inside watching skate vids though. everyone is doing 20 minutes edits these guys had the power to put out a proper full length and the last full length imo that even came close to hit this hard was stay gold

Best comment..

This is the best full length since stay gold