Author Topic: Metal Skateboards  (Read 19752 times)

Thebird

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 158
Re: Metal Skateboards
« Reply #120 on: July 22, 2022, 11:22:08 AM »
Anybody know what wheels Fred is riding these days?

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #121 on: July 22, 2022, 03:09:32 PM »
People clowning hard on Alien & Habitat, but going Gaga for the Metal rebirth. 😂
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

Shifty Flip

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 315
  • and the whistle is screaming
« Reply #122 on: July 22, 2022, 05:27:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
i thought this was going to be about skateboards created out of metal. In the late 90s, there was a company called Aircraft that made an aluminum skatebaord. man those were ass! i rode one once! it actually wasnt completely terrible but god dman it was heavy. if you were just doing slappys and shit i could see it actualyl working though. i cant seem to find any trace of them online at all. there is a company called "Aluminati" that is doing them now apparently
[close]

I had a friend that skated one too. I think his was from a company called Mister E. It sucks and it was a whirling blade of death once it got razor tail. He ended up breaking it because he stomped out his tricks super hard. Didn’t really break but bent.
[close]
I remember the mister e boards. There was a single ad in thrasher in 95 L. Unlike the aircraft or yoacher versions of the metal decks, wasn’t the mister e deck just a flat piece of metal?
Anyway, sometimes I think of that ad as it was simpler times for me

Edit the ad I’m talking about is in the March 96 thrasher https://www.thrashermagazine.com/imagesV2/Burnout/2013/Magazine_1996/March_1996/TH0396Mar1996p80-81_800t.jpg

Out of Florissant Colorado?. Mountain Boards were big in that area a few years later too.  Personally I enjoy the rich gem and mineral deposits of the Lake George/ pukes peak area pegs. 

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1065
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #123 on: July 24, 2022, 09:14:37 PM »
Anybody know what wheels Fred is riding these days?

In this post (second frame), which I believe shows their own boards, he is riding Indy trucks and Spitfire 54mm Classics.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #124 on: July 25, 2022, 11:19:51 PM »
I just bought the last 2 Freddy 8.25's.  One to save, one to skate.  Really wanted to get Raybourn's board too, but I'm not really into the 8.25 egg shape.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2022, 12:06:49 AM by igrindtwinkies »

Letsfilmavideo

• Rep: 16
« Reply #125 on: July 26, 2022, 04:28:09 AM »
Nyjah secretly plotting to grow his hair out to a long sleek kardashian look
I always got one of my boys holdin a jar of leak and a fat blunt, so as soon as i land the trick we gettin wet you know?

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 270
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #126 on: July 26, 2022, 05:22:37 AM »
Any one have dimensions on their WBs?
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #127 on: July 26, 2022, 07:30:13 AM »

Tactics has them on but no pics of boards. Most seem to be 14.25 but not all

powerhazard

• Rep: 6
« Reply #128 on: July 26, 2022, 08:00:28 AM »

They’re on Metals site, click the board you’re interested in

therealnod

• Rep: 36
  • Brevity is
« Reply #129 on: July 26, 2022, 11:14:38 AM »
Do you think they will have graphics like this?

Or this

That's pretty fucking awesome.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #130 on: July 26, 2022, 06:21:30 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

They have almost all the pics up now it seems.

https://www.tactics.com/metal-skateboards

Someone mentioned that the shapes are fairly close to the normal AWS / Habitat shapes, lengths, wheelbases too, which seems about right, but the boards don't look super stubby / full in shape like the AWS boards, so until someone sees them in person, I would be going with a fairly normal popsicle shape, medium length with short wheelbases, so medium to long kicks.

If anyone actually has one or has seen them, it would be good to know.

It also seems like the Gall 8.5 is shorter than the Anderson 8.5 so maybe a few different options in there as well.

Banned from the room

« Reply #131 on: July 26, 2022, 10:47:10 PM »

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 818
« Reply #132 on: July 27, 2022, 03:31:09 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Someone mentioned that the shapes are fairly close to the normal AWS / Habitat shapes, lengths, wheelbases too, which seems about right, but the boards don't look super stubby / full in shape like the AWS boards, so until someone sees them in person, I would be going with a fairly normal popsicle shape, medium length with short wheelbases, so medium to long kicks.

It also seems like the Gall 8.5 is shorter than the Anderson 8.5 so maybe a few different options in there as well.

from the dimensions it sounds like the dlx 8.5 shape (blue ah eagle)

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #133 on: July 27, 2022, 07:04:13 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

from the dimensions it sounds like the dlx 8.5 shape (blue ah eagle)

I feel like all these as listed on Tactics have quite long tails though, given that the average is about 6.5 for most popsicles and these are from 6.7 (Gall 8.5) up to almost 7 on some of them, with the blue eagle also listed on Tactics as 6.5 tail.

I seem to recall the reason the blue eagle didn't agree with me so much was the shorter tail, but that could just be me at that time, or some other reason (that deck was fairly steep) as I have skated other boards with longer tails and felt they were way more comfortable.

You are not far off it though, as the overall dimensions are almost the same for everything else.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -32
« Reply #134 on: July 27, 2022, 07:14:33 AM »
As much I'd love to see this dudes doing well, this brand has no future to my eyes, maybe does well in some core parts of USA but outside can't imagine kids wanting to skate a Raybourn board.  I hope Im wrong.

igrindtwinkies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 406
« Reply #135 on: July 27, 2022, 08:32:55 PM »
As much I'd love to see this dudes doing well, this brand has no future to my eyes, maybe does well in some core parts of USA but outside can't imagine kids wanting to skate a Raybourn board.  I hope Im wrong.

I don't think it's intended to be the next hot new brand.  As far as I know, it's always just been a group of friends releasing guest boards hear and there over the years.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 182
« Reply #136 on: July 27, 2022, 09:03:28 PM »

Its aesthetic sort of sells itself though.  Creature became a top brand because its graphics speak to a huge portion of skaters.  Feels like they’re tapping into that audience, while also grabbing the Gall/Raybourn/BA skatenerd crowd

PatrickSkateman

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -226
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #137 on: July 27, 2022, 09:08:40 PM »
The shapes sell it for me. I love a good shovel nose deck.
2022 Slap Fantasy Football Champion

kneebone

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 382
« Reply #138 on: July 28, 2022, 06:59:34 AM »

I got the 8.5 and 8.75 BA (originally ordered the 8.75 but shop sent the 8.5 by mistake). Anyway, both are definitely that full/squared shape similar to the original Quasi/FA/Hockey shapes. Can't speak to how that compares to AWS because I haven't had one of those in about 10 years, but from what I've seen online they look similar. 

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #139 on: July 28, 2022, 10:11:05 AM »
People clowning hard on Alien & Habitat, but going Gaga for the Metal rebirth. 😂

Completely different circumstances but go off I guess... Metal was never a top company with a AAA team that let them go at the drop of a hat only to 'go out of business' and come back what, a year later if even with a new team of upstarts

FatGuy92

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 594
« Reply #140 on: July 28, 2022, 01:23:37 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]
I got the 8.5 and 8.75 BA (originally ordered the 8.75 but shop sent the 8.5 by mistake). Anyway, both are definitely that full/squared shape similar to the original Quasi/FA/Hockey shapes. Can't speak to how that compares to AWS because I haven't had one of those in about 10 years, but from what I've seen online they look similar.

AWS / Habitat have nice, full noses. Probably using some of the same shapes for their popsicles. I skates a handful of workshop and habitat decks the past couple years and liked them a lot. I might snap up a Raybourn egg.

231st Street

• Rep: -216
« Reply #141 on: November 28, 2022, 01:43:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

AWS / Habitat have nice, full noses. Probably using some of the same shapes for their popsicles. I skates a handful of workshop and habitat decks the past couple years and liked them a lot. I might snap up a Raybourn egg.

If you set up the egg, curious how it rides.  I have not seen a Metal board in "real life" yet but may pick up the egg soon (though the size is absurdly large for me-- just have a number of regular popsicles on reserve already and thought an egg may be fun in the basement setup.

Thebird

« Reply #142 on: May 04, 2023, 09:07:22 AM »
Just saw the Spring Metal drop.  That Fred Gall custom shape with the 15.25 wheelbase.  Crazy.  I think this is their best looking lineup so far.

Anti waxxer

• Rep: -19
« Reply #143 on: May 04, 2023, 09:22:43 AM »
I can’t believe anyone pays money for this shit.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #144 on: May 04, 2023, 09:27:26 AM »

I just don't understand why you have to yell

whaaaaat

• Rep: 48
« Reply #145 on: May 04, 2023, 09:39:08 AM »
I'm actually really surprised/impressed by what Metal has done. When it started I expected it to be a small company that just sort of drug along on the fringes of the industry. But they've had consistent drops, great art, an actual brand image, the website looks good, they're expanding distribution, team is small but sick. I almost snagged the Raybourn deck off Tactics the other day, but just have a hard time leaving Dlx shapes that I've skated for >10 years. Maybe for my next one. Go Freddy!

Anti waxxer

• Rep: -19
« Reply #146 on: May 04, 2023, 09:46:48 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Oh I’m not yelling but if slap gets upset about nyjah and chase Gabor I can’t wait to see what happens when you all do some back history on metal

Thebird

« Reply #147 on: May 04, 2023, 10:23:26 AM »
I'm here to support Fred.

WarmUpZone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 480
  • I hope God makes you break your leg.
    • the Warm Up Zone - watching skate videos over and over avatar image
« Reply #148 on: May 05, 2023, 07:02:53 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Oh I’m not yelling but if slap gets upset about nyjah and chase Gabor I can’t wait to see what happens when you all do some back history on metal

You're implying that somebody with an association to Metal Skateboards has accusations of sexual abuse in their past?
When I did research on Metal's history for my blog I didn't come upon anything like that.
Perhaps you can give us specifics or even some evidence of accusations, particularly if you would like to convince people that they shouldn't spend their money on "this shit".
Warm Up Zone. Let's watch some skateboarding videos.

Donkey Lips

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 991
« Reply #149 on: May 05, 2023, 07:09:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Jeez he asked you nicely to stop yelling so calm down already.