Author Topic: Dylan Jaeb "Hi"  (Read 9531 times)

bohemian

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -345
Re: Dylan Jaeb "Hi"
« Reply #30 on: May 31, 2022, 10:26:31 AM »
Jimmy Capaldi

stop comparing him to mikemo. its not even close. this dude is basic. sure its clean, but very boring and unoriginal.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #31 on: May 31, 2022, 10:27:26 AM »
Damn those manuals at pier 7 are already a couple absolute favorites.

That switch varial flip was so good too.

Thumbnail hardflip was about as generic as it possibly gets too.

doublesteveburger

« Reply #32 on: May 31, 2022, 10:31:57 AM »
nice nod to mo with that fakie flip

Doosh215

• Rep: 61
« Reply #33 on: May 31, 2022, 10:35:27 AM »
I think he's sick but I'm pretty sure this is just a "throwaway" part of mostly older footage. Kid is 16-17 in this, still in high school and people bitching that he hasn't dropped a groundbreaking part. Let the kid finish high school and be a kid jeez. He rips and I'm sure there's going to be plenty more footage in the near future. But him fakie flipping the same set Mike Mo nollie flipped in fully flared with the hat and the hair was LOL. That had to be intentional right?

uesty

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 95
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: May 31, 2022, 10:36:19 AM »
whats up with painting the steps blue before skating them?

Chatbot

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 79
« Reply #35 on: May 31, 2022, 10:39:55 AM »
Edited like a pac sun commercial but he is definitely good. Whats up with the blue paint brush at 5:06? Did they really paint the stairs blue for that trick lol?

I didn't notice until you pointed it out. Could've been for a DC colorway commercial that didn't work out? Maybe to repaint the bottom curb if he clipped per the rules of the owner for allowing them to skate there? OR maybe to just add some flavor as it's just a basic 7 flat. Kinda curious now haha

notmikerusczyk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 291
« Reply #36 on: May 31, 2022, 10:40:12 AM »
I think he's sick but I'm pretty sure this is just a "throwaway" part of mostly older footage. Kid is 16-17 in this, still in high school and people bitching that he hasn't dropped a groundbreaking part. Let the kid finish high school and be a kid jeez. He rips and I'm sure there's going to be plenty more footage in the near future. But him fakie flipping the same set Mike Mo nollie flipped in fully flared with the hat and the hair was LOL. That had to be intentional right?
yup. he's got plenty of time to develop his style.
when i was younger it seemed like it was rare for up-and-coming skaters to finish high school. it doesn't seem like this is the case anymore? maybe i'm out of touch, but it seems like it's a lot less common now for skaters to drop out. maybe it's cause it's a lot harder to make money in skating now, while back in the day skaters could be making decent money at 16/17/18

WPG

• Rep: -5
« Reply #37 on: May 31, 2022, 10:46:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Jimmy Capaldi
[close]

stop comparing him to mikemo. its not even close. this dude is basic. sure its clean, but very boring and unoriginal.
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

Stu Pickles

• Rep: 115
« Reply #38 on: May 31, 2022, 10:50:36 AM »
guy looks really good jumping down stuff, clean as hell. hope the primitive part is an even better showcase, did seem like this footy is old

fredgallSOTY

« Reply #39 on: May 31, 2022, 10:51:38 AM »
what year is it

Monopolyman

« Reply #40 on: May 31, 2022, 10:56:14 AM »
Now that I think of it I’m not sure I’ve ever seen this kid skate a rail… not that he really needs to.  But it is somewhat surprising.

He’s still very good. 

The edit left me wanting more….  The B roll didn’t really show much personality. 

And yeah I think a little more trick variety - rails / a little transition would have gone a long way.

They may have pushed too hard for instant nostalgia with the “you’re still 17” lyrics in the 2nd song, but it’s memorable.  I think the similarities to Arcade Fire were intentional and honestly I back it.

pizzafliptofakie

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1960
« Reply #41 on: May 31, 2022, 10:57:42 AM »

That's the problem is that people want to have it both ways. Everyone wants to compare him to groundbreaking skaters until you actually start to compare them, then it suddenly isn't fair.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 633
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #42 on: May 31, 2022, 10:59:19 AM »
That courthouse line was brilliant!

The Mad Rapper

« Reply #43 on: May 31, 2022, 11:02:02 AM »

pretty sure bryan herman was a freshman in hisch school during his This Is Skateboarding Part. Guy mariano, P. Rod, Leo and sooooo many more skaters have put out many many parts before "finishing high school"

there is really no excuse why we havent seen this kid in the streets filming parts. Its literally what skating is. We all wish shit came easy to us like this, but if it did, i would have been shitting on spots since ever.

A perfect example is Braden Hoban, who came up at poods with Dylan. but instead of dumping all his shit at the park, Braden has been doing all his progression in the streets on emerica and tum yeto trips. It comes off SO MUCH better.

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #44 on: May 31, 2022, 11:03:59 AM »

I didn't consider that he's still in school doing kid shit. I want to see him out of california, stuff him in a van this summer, and skate shitty spots.

That kick flip nosegrind 3flip out was so skateboard perfection

TheWineClub

• Rep: 51
« Reply #45 on: May 31, 2022, 11:05:30 AM »
“You guys will be seeing a lot more of him in the very near future” - PRod

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 144
« Reply #46 on: May 31, 2022, 11:10:16 AM »
Could see him on Abercrombie & Fitch

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -468
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #47 on: May 31, 2022, 11:17:53 AM »
Optimistic for this being throwaway, I can still see the mikemo comparisons being validated if so.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Monopolyman

« Reply #48 on: May 31, 2022, 11:25:35 AM »
Imagine releasing your first Thrasher part (or full length part for that matter) and people think it’s your throwaway

I really feel like we should lower expectations a bit out of fairness to this individual.  The way he’s skating is certainly enough.

I think expecting the Primitive welcome part to be filled with hammers is also unrealistic.  It’s supposedly pretty short. Give the kid time, he will only get better and he’s certainly skating with the right people to eventually get where folks picture him being.

quackquack

• Rep: -441
« Reply #49 on: May 31, 2022, 11:32:32 AM »
woulda been sicker if it was set to no cars go by arcade fire and in the intro he did a switch flip down a wood set and when he landed the set exploded

At least they nailed the part's title. I mean, I always think of the SF courthouse when I see footage of the beautiful mountains The Islands have to offer.
Oh, the places you'll go.

Miller92

• Rep: -280
« Reply #50 on: May 31, 2022, 11:46:15 AM »
that was an incredible introduction to the skateboard world.

this kids gonna be good

mattchew

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 376
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2022, 11:46:22 AM »
That’s gonna be a “Bye” from me dawg.
P R E P A R E  T O  T I M E C O D E

QixHexagon

• Rep: 34
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2022, 12:01:12 PM »
Flawless and effortless, he's living his life on Very Easy mode. The way he pretty much doesn't bend his knees and always lands on bolts makes everything look too easy. Loved that impossible in the line.

Arto!Arto!WakeUp!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 194
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2022, 12:04:47 PM »
is fakie flip tail slide the most tech improvised after-banger ever done?

OrangeVHStapes

• Rep: 85
« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2022, 12:13:28 PM »
While he skates his hair, face and head position remind me of Reese Forbes... That's nice.

in love w/ fs shuvs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 113
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2022, 12:19:09 PM »
gave us a hollister commercial with skating

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -468
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2022, 12:24:57 PM »
I need to ease up a little on the throwaway comment, keep forgetting this kid is a fucking kid. I bet by the time he’s 20/21 he’ll be a household name at this rate. The fakie flip tail after fs flipping a massive 16 shows his natural abilities.

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2022, 12:38:13 PM »
p-shuvs and v-flips

Paperclip20

• Rep: 139
  • Please send symmetrical board information
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2022, 12:39:20 PM »
I need to ease up a little on the throwaway comment, keep forgetting this kid is a fucking kid. I bet by the time he’s 20/21 he’ll be a household name at this rate. The fakie flip tail after fs flipping a massive 16 shows his natural abilities.

I didn't realize he was so young until this thread. He's already incredibly good, I'm sure if he keeps it up everyone will be impressed.

bigbevev

• Rep: -14
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2022, 12:45:01 PM »
Jimmy Capaldi

With a splash of trapasso, came in here to say this.