Author Topic: Thrasher SOTY 2022  (Read 30099 times)

dannyprovolone

Re: Thrasher SOTY 2022
« Reply #270 on: November 18, 2022, 08:02:58 AM »
Nigel jah pretty much got this in the bag. Well deserved too. Can’t see thrasher giving it to tj after that crossed out tattoo of naks. Probably the dumbest move in skateboarding.

rawbertson.

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 709
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #271 on: November 18, 2022, 08:03:59 AM »
Forgot this as well

Lota drama on instagram past 24 hours regarding the old rape allegations / recent assault charges. With the ammount of people killing it this year that clearly don't have rape / assault charges I think it's fair to say Nyjah's name is off the list.

Also, there are so many dope, tight nit crews in skating right now, from Atlantic Drift to Baker to Supreme and the Louie / Jake / Curren / Mason crew. Quasi. Bronze boys. GX1000. Real gang shit.

The Ty Evans, Nyjah and Fuckboi Loy crew is literally the worst thing in slateboarding right there next to Braile or Andy Anderson and his band of fucktards.

this is thrasher skater of the year, not GQ sexiest man of the year. nigels name is def not off the list or they wouldnt have put that part out. they knew about all this stuff already, hella old news. they just have to put funa and lacey baker on the list and everythings good in their mind.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
« Reply #272 on: November 18, 2022, 08:32:37 AM »
Expand Quote
Forgot this as well

[close]

Expand Quote
Lota drama on instagram past 24 hours regarding the old rape allegations / recent assault charges. With the ammount of people killing it this year that clearly don't have rape / assault charges I think it's fair to say Nyjah's name is off the list.

Also, there are so many dope, tight nit crews in skating right now, from Atlantic Drift to Baker to Supreme and the Louie / Jake / Curren / Mason crew. Quasi. Bronze boys. GX1000. Real gang shit.

The Ty Evans, Nyjah and Fuckboi Loy crew is literally the worst thing in slateboarding right there next to Braile or Andy Anderson and his band of fucktards.

[close]

this is thrasher skater of the year, not GQ sexiest man of the year. nigels name is def not off the list or they wouldnt have put that part out. they knew about all this stuff already, hella old news. they just have to put funa and lacey leo baker on the list and everythings good in their mind.

I fixed it for you

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
« Reply #273 on: November 18, 2022, 08:41:02 AM »
People actually think Nyjah ever had a shot? Like this isn’t just a two-man race between front runner Tyshawn and super hungry second place contender Louie? Idk

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #274 on: November 18, 2022, 09:08:05 AM »
My dark horse candidate is Donnie Mortensen

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #275 on: November 18, 2022, 09:25:03 AM »
People actually think Nyjah ever had a shot? Like this isn’t just a two-man race between front runner Tyshawn and super hungry second place contender Louie? Idk
I thought that Jah part was as good as Tyshawns but I agree Ninejah never get it.

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #276 on: November 18, 2022, 09:52:38 AM »
I could definitely see there being a little monster money to grease the wheels, I think I'd prefer that to some deluxe rider having an entirely planned out year based around trying to win.

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #277 on: November 18, 2022, 09:54:44 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I thought that Jah part was as good as Tyshawns but I agree Ninejah never get it.

Not in Burnetts Trasher

Milton- Hellride
Mason- Gnarcore
Mark- 4part Melee

if anything Nigel is telling us he can be in the discussion

JamesFardy

• Rep: 69
    • Gyfcat.com avatar image
« Reply #278 on: November 18, 2022, 09:57:59 AM »
Depending on his recovery I think it would have been smart to drop that nyjah part Jan 1st 2023 and then film one or two parts. But that just stays between us chickens. (Still holding out for a louie barn burner)

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #279 on: November 18, 2022, 10:12:26 AM »
they might have the villain win you never know. like how they gave for AVE that one year even though it wasnt necessarily his best year but was more for his career. his part would have to be absolutely incredible though i think...  because i am leaning towards tyshawn because of 2 covers, 2 parts, and pretty good connection to the mag, cool guy points, new company comin out. Louie 2nd place, t funk 3rd, jeff 4th, nigel 5th if they were to rate skaters of the year like that.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #280 on: November 18, 2022, 10:14:15 AM »
I’m pretty bummed we’re halfway through November and so far we just have two contender parts released in the second half of the year. Where’s the new Louie part? New TFunk? The sequel to Tyshawns part?

City of Drunken Totems

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 88
  • I lovuh da guile
« Reply #281 on: November 18, 2022, 10:32:01 AM »
they might have the villain win you never know. like how they gave for AVE that one year even though it wasnt necessarily his best year but was more for his career.
Oh, so the exact opposite?

Rockin Robbin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 432
« Reply #282 on: November 18, 2022, 10:35:42 AM »
Nigel jah pretty much got this in the bag. Well deserved too. Can’t see thrasher giving it to tj after that crossed out tattoo of naks. Probably the dumbest move in skateboarding.

Pic?
"Bake me a pie of love" - Steve Winwood

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #283 on: November 18, 2022, 10:42:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Jeff Carlyle has the heaviest tricks in several of the heaviest videos ever made. I'm glad other people are talking about him for SOTY, and it would be super cool to have a dark horse like this win it all.
[close]

Yeah and he’s doing this all with no shoe sponsor backing him.

Louie, Tyshawn, and Nyjah all have pro shoes, and have the funding to travel & film multiple parts in a year.

Would be refreshing to see Carlyle win with no soty campaign/funding by a big shoe co.

lol maybe vans will finally put him on

OldSkater

• Rep: -49
« Reply #284 on: November 18, 2022, 11:06:14 AM »
this is just me, but i dont think anyone who wears skintight yoga pants is gonna wear thrasher SOTY

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #285 on: November 18, 2022, 12:40:04 PM »

what?

Nyjah wont win SOTY btw.
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #286 on: November 18, 2022, 01:39:43 PM »
As if Nak crossing out an F.A. tat has anything to do with Tyshawn not winning soty.

Didn't Julian Davis back tail el toro (20 stair) like 8 years ago not wearing new england patriot compression leggings?

Banned from the room

« Reply #287 on: November 18, 2022, 03:38:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Third. Nigel never.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #288 on: November 18, 2022, 03:55:01 PM »
December is about to be a fucked up month. I assume TJ drops his part 12/2. The Cons video comes out prob next week (I didn't see a date). Everyone is drumming up those 2. I can't see T-Funk in the running without more footage although he has been filming in the Bay heavily. I'd rather Jeff get it. Given he is SF local, has a lot of footage, and unique footage at that.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #289 on: November 18, 2022, 03:55:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Jeff Carlyle has the heaviest tricks in several of the heaviest videos ever made. I'm glad other people are talking about him for SOTY, and it would be super cool to have a dark horse like this win it all.
[close]

Yeah and he’s doing this all with no shoe sponsor backing him.

Louie, Tyshawn, and Nyjah all have pro shoes, and have the funding to travel & film multiple parts in a year.

Would be refreshing to see Carlyle win with no soty campaign/funding by a big shoe co.

You could argue his board sponsor isn’t really backing him either because they’ve done nothing to actually tell you who this fucking madman is.   Even on a site like this which are more obsessive than the standard skaters, people still were learning his name or getting him confused with Big Nakie on There.   

Beginning of the year I would have though Roman Pabich was gearing up to at least be considered third

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #290 on: November 18, 2022, 04:18:53 PM »
I heard Burnett tried to one up when Phelps randomly gave Silas the award, and this year it’s going to Ben Gore.
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

lesghettah

• Rep: -15
« Reply #291 on: November 18, 2022, 05:38:12 PM »
Don't think it would actually happen but Casper winning would be cool, especially if he dropped a Baker part before the end of the year. Having the Cathedral part and then the Atlantic Drift part it kind of reminds me of when Ishod won with a Sabotage part and the Nike part

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1084
« Reply #292 on: November 18, 2022, 06:02:03 PM »
&& has it written in his little black book

FuzzGNU

• Rep: 194
  • The Spectre Haunting SLAP
« Reply #293 on: November 18, 2022, 07:49:04 PM »
It's still crazy to me that no one is saying Sean Greene.
Skateboarding is the ultimate challenge.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 795
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #294 on: November 18, 2022, 09:40:27 PM »
What skater would be the best Santa Claus

Chandler Burton, Nick Boserio, or Jeff Carlyle

nothing's been the since same

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #295 on: November 18, 2022, 10:00:00 PM »
I’m pretty bummed we’re halfway through November and so far we just have two contender parts released in the second half of the year. Where’s the new Louie part? New TFunk? The sequel to Tyshawns part?
louie part just premiered & will drop soon, i’m sure the second  tfunk part will also be out soon. tyshawn’s other part will probably drop with the release of ‘king skateboards’ on december 2nd.

As if Nak crossing out an F.A. tat has anything to do with Tyshawn not winning soty.

Didn't Julian Davis back tail el toro (20 stair) like 8 years ago not wearing new england patriot compression leggings?
who the fuck is julian davis….?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Grrrreencans

• Rep: -85
« Reply #296 on: November 18, 2022, 10:07:33 PM »
Exactly

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #297 on: November 18, 2022, 10:43:56 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
louie part just premiered & will drop soon, i’m sure the second  tfunk part will also be out soon. tyshawn’s other part will probably drop with the release of ‘king skateboards’ on december 2nd.

Expand Quote

[close]

Hah I don’t know.   But I believe the back tailer was French.   Adrien I believe

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #298 on: November 18, 2022, 11:19:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

Hah I don’t know.   But I believe the back tailer was French.   Adrien I believe
yeah it was that slap sensation from back in the day that did the yo flips & threw up mid line in some contest. pretty sure he used to dress like dylan & catch a lot of flak on here.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -261
« Reply #299 on: November 18, 2022, 11:27:42 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

[close]
yeah it was that slap sensation from back in the day that did the yo flips & threw up mid line in some contest. pretty sure he used to dress like dylan & catch a lot of flak on here.

Arne?