Author Topic: I want to build ramps, can I just slap a bunch of plywood down in my backyard  (Read 465 times)

Dongy mcdongerton

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Yo whats up daddies? I live in a new area where theres nothing near by to skate. I doctored up a ditch, rub bricked some curbs but that spot is like a 20 min drive and half the time its full of water. I'm thinking about building some ramps but my backyard is all grass, and pouring concrete is expensive. What if I just killed the grass, layed down a bunch of plywood, and build a box and a quarterpipe or something on that? Is this the dumbest idea of all time? I dont care if my backyard looks like shit so that isnt a concern

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 494
You could but it’s going to just rot the wood, and woods pretty expensive now at $65+ for a 4x8 3/4”.
You’d be better of just making a half pipe and blocking it up off the ground(level and for air flow) with paver stones or cinder blocks. Seal it and cover it and it’ll last for some time. Mines lived outside for the past 6 or 7 years and the only things I’ve had to replace, are the masonite sheets about every 2-3ish years and tarps.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 221
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Yo whats up daddies? I live in a new area where theres nothing near by to skate. I doctored up a ditch, rub bricked some curbs but that spot is like a 20 min drive and half the time its full of water. I'm thinking about building some ramps but my backyard is all grass, and pouring concrete is expensive. What if I just killed the grass, layed down a bunch of plywood, and build a box and a quarterpipe or something on that? Is this the dumbest idea of all time? I dont care if my backyard looks like shit so that isnt a concern
Don’t ask us, ask whoever you live with

sacking rails

• Rep: -221
  • sacking rails
you can do anything you put your mind to