Author Topic: Underused lines  (Read 3085 times)

billyerlife

Underused lines
« on: October 25, 2022, 08:36:41 PM »
The line from The courthouse drop to blubba has only been done by Suciu, right?

No one ever goes from the Macba 3 (sometimes 4) to the ledge. You gotta ollie up the thing, but it is doable.

Santa Monica courthouse stage to the ledges or vice versa.

What else?

Steve Kelly

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -227
Re: Underused lines
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2022, 03:01:30 AM »

No one ever goes from the Macba 3 (sometimes 4) to the ledge. You gotta ollie up the thing, but it is doable.

What else?

Guys were doing lines from the stage to the ledges as far back as the early to mid 90s

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2022, 08:22:24 AM »
I heard those tall SF Blocks (Tyshawn back noseblunt, Carlos sw kf back tail, Tiago etc..) are just down the street from Pier 7

Not sure how close they are in real life but someone could do a long line and make it sick. Someone like Busenitz or Suciu/Knox or Ishod

Always love Boosentitz SF footage

internetname

• Rep: 14
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2022, 08:52:09 AM »

https://youtu.be/fYmQNIyceKk?t=704

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2022, 10:58:30 AM »
Expand Quote

What else?
[close]

Guys were doing lines from the stage to the ledges as far back as the early to mid 90s

Yeah, there’s plenty of footage with people starting or ending a line with the stage

IpathCats

« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2022, 11:37:20 AM »
From one skatepark to the next nearest skatepark.

DanCorteseFromMTVSports

• Rep: 279
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2022, 12:41:58 PM »
In DC, start at Welfare and take it all the way to Pulaski (down Pennsylvania). This will never happen but the possibility of hitting all the spots on the way (Native American, small three, courthouse, archives, navy memorial, etc) is pretty cool

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 865
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2022, 12:43:42 PM »
I heard those tall SF Blocks (Tyshawn back noseblunt, Carlos sw kf back tail, Tiago etc..) are just down the street from Pier 7

Not sure how close they are in real life but someone could do a long line and make it sick. Someone like Busenitz or Suciu/Knox or Ishod

You’re not thinking big enough! Pier 7 is about a 5 min walk from EMB so you could get a line from those blocks to pier 7 then EMB. You’d have to time the lights perfectly to be able to cross the street tho (I don’t recall if there’s even a good place to cross around there).

Mantracker

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2022, 01:11:03 PM »
In DC, start at Welfare and take it all the way to Pulaski (down Pennsylvania). This will never happen but the possibility of hitting all the spots on the way (Native American, small three, courthouse, archives, navy memorial, etc) is pretty cool

paging Bobby Worrest..

Expand Quote

[close]

You’re not thinking big enough! Pier 7 is about a 5 min walk from EMB so you could get a line from those blocks to pier 7 then EMB. You’d have to time the lights perfectly to be able to cross the street tho (I don’t recall if there’s even a good place to cross around there).

Now you're thinking! Then keep it going to China Banks..

too fakie

• Rep: 63
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2022, 01:22:52 PM »
No one ever did a line out front of LA High and then hopped the fence to skate the rail inside. I mean, come on.

billyerlife

« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2022, 06:01:47 PM »
Some good ones on here, there's a lot of potential in the Market Street-Embarcadero zone that has gone unrealized. A few people have mentioned lines at the Santa Monica courthouse, and I am sure I misspoke in assuming it was underused, but I just don't remember many.

I'll give a dollar to anyone who can find a line from the Garfield bank to wall in Seattle and then both of those concete rails. I'm sure it's out there, but I can't remember one for sure.

JRF

• Rep: 145
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2022, 06:21:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

paging Bobby Worrest..

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Unless you’re planning on doing a lot of flatground tricks, or going from the sidewalk into the street to get towed by a car, that could end up being a pretty boring line in between getting from one spot to the next. They’re somewhat close to each other but not close enough to make for an exciting line in between spots.

Plus, adding china banks into said line would make for a lot of fast forwarding to make that line interesting to watch more than once. Might as well jump on the bus and finish up the line with a trick down Wallenberg, that would make for a pretty interesting, yet uninteresting 30 minute line.
//////////

JRF

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2022, 06:33:13 PM »

I'll give a dollar to anyone who can find a line from the Garfield bank to wall in Seattle and then both of those concete rails. I'm sure it's out there, but I can't remember one for sure.

Don’t know if it’s been done but that’s definitely a feasible task that wouldn’t be too hard for the right person to accomplish.

They’re not popular well known spots, but I can think of quite a few lines in downtown Portland that would take you from spot to spot that I’m surprised no one has done yet.. for instance “magic five to the echo pit four block. Or “magic five” to the courthouse then down to the police station and so on.
Or there’s a lot of ways you could go from spot to spot at lovejoy park too that would be pretty decent.. specially since downtown Portland spots are far more skate friendly and less of a quick bust/kick out nowadays. There’s a lot more stuff that could be done from spot to spot..
//////////

WideFeet

• Rep: 81
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2022, 07:31:55 PM »

The line you’re talking about isn’t too far. Totally possible if you can do enough flatground tricks in between.

The other way down the street from Pier 7 is a curved orange bench. I think it’s closer than the that block ledge, so even more do-able.

The Big Dawg

• Rep: 11
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2022, 08:30:12 PM »

https://youtu.be/nNsiFXae6cI

0:56 Caswell Berry gets the bank to wall then one cement rail.

JRF

« Reply #15 on: October 26, 2022, 10:51:04 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’ve always wanted to see someone go up that Garfield school bank to wall and backside wallride and pop off the wallride to backside 50-50 down the handrail. You’d obviously have to be goofy footed to do it. Or a frontside wallride pop out to frontside 50-50 down the handrail. Or even a wallride fakie but pop out to fakie 50-50 down the handrail. It seems possible and I think it would look pretty fucking awesome to see either of those variations (frontside, backside or fakie) I’ve thought about it for years like as far back as the early 2000’s, but I never tried it and I think there’s plenty of people that would have a much better chance at actually doing it. Hopefully someday someone will do it.
//////////

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 73
« Reply #16 on: October 26, 2022, 11:35:18 PM »

i think the best way to make that work would be to start with a trick over the manny pad sideways like how marcus mcbride skated it. you’d start with a lot of speed obviously, couple flat ground tricks by the wall & then hit the ledge. it wouldn’t be as dragged out as it would be to start with a manual going somewhat slow, curve & then have to improvise so much. that definitely could work.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #17 on: October 27, 2022, 03:57:24 AM »
From one skatepark to the next nearest skatepark.

There’s not really spots on the way but you could do stoner to courthouse in
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -479
« Reply #18 on: October 27, 2022, 04:01:42 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

YOOOOO! Thank you for this. I used to watch that edit all the time in math class on my iPod . I miss all those skate video podcasts. Es, emerica and strange notes were way ahead of everyone on the video content back then .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

IpathCats

« Reply #19 on: October 27, 2022, 05:03:13 AM »

Have thought of this for years.

OBV not for myself lol.

Bobby would be the first pick

NoComply180

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -454
  • Objectivity police
« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2022, 09:21:48 AM »
Ben gilley did it, but the way people eat 20+ rails these days I’m surprised nobody else has done the punisher to Muirlands  14. Could see foy nyjah midler etc eating that up.

Hell you could do that, bomb a hill to La Jolla high, and hit the 18 rail there too

Him ah fall off building an bumboclot him legs

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 363
« Reply #21 on: October 27, 2022, 02:09:27 PM »
Miles doing that long line down Wilshire is some god tier skating

billyerlife

« Reply #22 on: October 27, 2022, 02:15:25 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Nice one. Looks like I owe you 67 cents.

sus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 371
« Reply #23 on: October 27, 2022, 03:19:27 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

https://youtu.be/fYmQNIyceKk?t=704

KT!!!

FROTHY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 373
« Reply #24 on: October 27, 2022, 03:23:08 PM »
Double set into LES, get snaked by someone filming a fashion/rap thing, keep pushing out to the zoo hubba. 2 trick line.

Rasmus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 63
« Reply #25 on: October 27, 2022, 03:25:18 PM »

Unless you’re planning on doing a lot of flatground tricks, or going from the sidewalk into the street to get towed by a car, that could end up being a pretty boring line in between getting from one spot to the next. They’re somewhat close to each other but not close enough to make for an exciting line in between spots.

Plus, adding china banks into said line would make for a lot of fast forwarding to make that line interesting to watch more than once. Might as well jump on the bus and finish up the line with a trick down Wallenberg, that would make for a pretty interesting, yet uninteresting 30 minute line.

Has anyone ever incorporated public transit in a line?

Fasttimes

• Rep: -21
« Reply #26 on: October 27, 2022, 07:37:22 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

paging Bobby Worrest..

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

that would be cool unedited like that true detective show, like he eats lunch and checks email, etc. i would watch it. like it takes 4 years and literally its 12 games of skate with yourself.

Fasttimes

• Rep: -21
« Reply #27 on: October 27, 2022, 08:04:02 PM »
This might be off course and I apologize but do any of you skate out of fakie, to fakie or to switch? Like Puleo / Oyola syndrome? for example, I was saw Nyjah on TV and was completely bummed dude lands fakie and just pivots out to regular right after. . . We kind of grew up in lines if you land fakie you have to trick out to regular. it does look cleaner and more solid. even a switch 180, etc. I realize he skates that weird condensed money thing but, lines are to build skill hence you have to EARN back to regular, thoughts?

gnidraobetaks

• Rep: 20
« Reply #28 on: October 27, 2022, 09:50:23 PM »
Are all of you 12 years old?

IpathCats

« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2022, 05:35:17 AM »
Are all of you 12 years old?

I'm 14 you fucking poosey, fight me.