Author Topic: Nike SB | Nyjah Huston | Need That  (Read 25525 times)

ejazzle

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 83
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Nike SB | Nyjah Huston | Need That
« Reply #270 on: November 29, 2022, 10:36:51 AM »
"So Jah, you're saying you want to do that front feeble down the 25 stair in a line? What were you thinking as a set up trick, like a crooked grind on that bench or something? Maybe kickflip crook?"

"Half cab Bluntslide kickflip out"

:o

Right?? But "hE's A oNe dImEnSioNaL rAiL chOmPeR" I think he showed us he could do all the different ledge or manny trick/variations that he wants. The jah just prefers huge rails. That red rail line where he did the back feeble down the 16 immediately into a super tall back smith was next level pop. The back 50 where he started on the curved rail then went down the stair set was ridiculously high too. He just kind of floats so you don't realize how high he's popping. He's skating these 15+ stair rails like people skate ledges. Just all around impressive skating no matter how you perceive Nigel.

Scrotal_Recall

« Reply #271 on: November 29, 2022, 10:52:43 AM »
Nyjah is divisive as fuck for a reason. Was indifferent around SOTY til this came out.
Now i'm on my knees praying for the Tyshawn win.

Don't get me wrong - 'mainstream' skateboardings soul is already in the casket but
the final nail cannot be hammered in by this C3-PO physiqued bot Nyjah - surely!?

Abyss1

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 149
« Reply #272 on: November 29, 2022, 11:04:24 AM »
I've never really paid much attention to Nyjah and was surprised by his trick selection. There was some good stuff in there.

Never understood wtf he's trying to do with his fits. The big top, small shorts/leggings makes his proportions look all silly, like he has little chicken legs. He looked best skating shirtless.

Honestly hes lookin like sheckler with all that shit going on with his tats.

mightytrucks

• Rep: -19
« Reply #273 on: November 29, 2022, 11:07:53 AM »
this shit was fucked, nyjah is on another level, by far his best part yet. i wouldnt mind the shorts as much if he sprinkled in some actual pants here and there

worst part of the video is the lack of hustle to save the flash at clipper, at least the trick was crazy

I think the lack of hustle to save the flash was cuz Nyjah was obviously gonna pay to replace it. Kind of a subconscious flex on his part.

ejazzle

• Rep: 83
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #274 on: November 29, 2022, 11:59:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
"So Jah, you're saying you want to do that front feeble down the 25 stair in a line? What were you thinking as a set up trick, like a crooked grind on that bench or something? Maybe kickflip crook?"

"Half cab Bluntslide kickflip out"

:o
[close]

Right?? But "hE's A oNe dImEnSioNaL rAiL chOmPeR" I think he showed us he could do all the different ledge or manny trick/variations that he wants. The jah just prefers huge rails. That red rail line where he did the back feeble down the 16 immediately into a super tall back smith was next level pop. The back 50 where he started on the curved rail then went down the stair set was ridiculously high too. He just kind of floats so you don't realize how high he's popping. He's skating these 15+ stair rails like people skate ledges. Just all around impressive skating no matter how you perceive Nigel.
[close]
did anyone actually say this or are you just making something up to get mad at?

Not mad at anything, people just casually say it all the time.

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #275 on: November 29, 2022, 12:13:09 PM »
i wish this skateboarding ability was blessed upon someone who isn't a fabulously wealthy, Beverly-hills-living influencer-crypto-bro who dresses like a middle-upper class white girl who shops exclusively at lululemon whose music taste entirely consists of the rap caviar playlist. sick video tho

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #276 on: November 29, 2022, 12:25:29 PM »
I've said it once and ill say it again, if he just wore some regular jeans and a tshirt his tricks would look 100x better

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #277 on: November 29, 2022, 12:33:25 PM »

and how did i miss this switch gap to nose blunt on two viewings. easily multiple angle, slow mo ender for any other pro and it's just filler in this part. truly epic skating

So that rail was at some point clearly cut so the first third is removed.  For a switch nose blunt that would actually make it easier considering the hardest part of a noseblunt is to get the tail end over the whole rail before locking in... so the question is did Nyjah cut the rail?

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1182
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #278 on: November 29, 2022, 12:37:25 PM »
I've never really paid much attention to Nyjah and was surprised by his trick selection. There was some good stuff in there.

Never understood wtf he's trying to do with his fits. The big top, small shorts/leggings makes his proportions look all silly, like he has little chicken legs. He looked best skating shirtless.

He probably just wants to be comfortable. Dude is basically skating in pajamas 90% of the time. Some athletic shorts and a big shirt? That's what I wear to sit on the couch because it's comfy. Feel good, skate good. I'm also POSITIVE he's convinced he looks fire as hell (he doesn't), but whatever.

I wear some goofy ass baggy jeans to skate (WKND Loosies) because I can move freely and they're comfortable, plus I've convinced myself I look cool (I don't). But it's basically the exact same decision. Comfort.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
« Reply #279 on: November 29, 2022, 12:45:23 PM »
Expand Quote

and how did i miss this switch gap to nose blunt on two viewings. easily multiple angle, slow mo ender for any other pro and it's just filler in this part. truly epic skating

[close]

So that rail was at some point clearly cut so the first third is removed.  For a switch nose blunt that would actually make it easier considering the hardest part of a noseblunt is to get the tail end over the whole rail before locking in... so the question is did Nyjah cut the rail?
Interesting. Looks kinda like the sls rails where they put a gap out so you can't tell how low the rail is.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #280 on: November 29, 2022, 12:54:38 PM »
also that crook around the curve to blind 180 out was seriously insane.
incredible shit.  the dude is unreal

That was the craziest shit

HeapsCool

• Rep: -175
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #281 on: November 29, 2022, 12:55:28 PM »
Nyjah is divisive as fuck for a reason. Was indifferent around SOTY til this came out.
Now i'm on my knees praying for the Tyshawn win.

Don't get me wrong - 'mainstream' skateboardings soul is already in the casket but
the final nail cannot be hammered in by this C3-PO physiqued bot Nyjah - surely!?

Tyshawn? That underground dude that skates for that billion dollar skateshop, Adidas, models for Tiffanys and does ads for google? I think your perception is a little warped.

conan777

• Rep: -52
« Reply #282 on: November 29, 2022, 01:07:45 PM »
Unreal part. I don't think it'll be equalled for 5-10 years, it's just insanely gnarly. Worst fits, tats, music and person imaginable

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1020
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #283 on: November 29, 2022, 01:07:59 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

He probably just wants to be comfortable. Dude is basically skating in pajamas 90% of the time. Some athletic shorts and a big shirt? That's what I wear to sit on the couch because it's comfy. Feel good, skate good. I'm also POSITIVE he's convinced he looks fire as hell (he doesn't), but whatever.

I wear some goofy ass baggy jeans to skate (WKND Loosies) because I can move freely and they're comfortable, plus I've convinced myself I look cool (I don't). But it's basically the exact same decision. Comfort.

At the very least, with them short shorts/sweats, he's not worried about having to adjust his pants before every trick...I don't get the tight shorts and fat girl tops.

BTW, those evil Knievel shorts need a shout the fuck out.

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 49
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
« Reply #284 on: November 29, 2022, 01:09:29 PM »

interesting kicker
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #285 on: November 29, 2022, 01:15:43 PM »

Giftedly Hater’d

• Rep: 415
« Reply #286 on: November 29, 2022, 01:17:10 PM »
“What’s up, it’s Rhino here. Today we’re gonna show you how to pour a mellow kicker so you and the good homies can fix up your local 7up/20down rail to sesh with some cold brews and killer tunes”

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #287 on: November 29, 2022, 01:38:34 PM »
That was absolutely insane, and I'm not even mad at his disgusting, idiotic fits.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

manysnakes

« Reply #288 on: November 29, 2022, 01:43:03 PM »
“What’s up, it’s Rhino here. Today we’re gonna show you how to pour a mellow kicker so you and the good homies can fix up your local 7up/20down rail to sesh with some cold brews and killer tunes”

Rhino could never build something so pro looking. This actually raises an interesting question - who did build that kicker? Did Nyjah and DLoy wake up early, drive his Lambo to the Home Depot, grab some QuikCrete and yellow vests and slap this puppy together before lunch?

SaltyDog

« Reply #289 on: November 29, 2022, 01:44:46 PM »
i wish this skateboarding ability was blessed upon someone who isn't a fabulously wealthy, Beverly-hills-living influencer-crypto-bro who dresses like a middle-upper class white girl who shops exclusively at lululemon whose music taste entirely consists of the rap caviar playlist. sick video tho

he's wealthy because of his skateboard ability. The dude had a childhood full of abuse and trauma. He put in a lot of hard work to get where he's at. Hate him or not, that's just the reality.

Also, would you prefer him to wear big boys and dunks like every other clone out there? Why do you care how another grown-ass man dresses? Yikes

Christmas Complete

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 814
  • You better shut up, Don
« Reply #290 on: November 29, 2022, 01:56:16 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Rhino could never build something so pro looking. This actually raises an interesting question - who did build that kicker? Did Nyjah and DLoy wake up early, drive his Lambo to the Home Depot, grab some QuikCrete and yellow vests and slap this puppy together before lunch?
Andy Anderson, I cannot sanction your buffoonery.

Gabriel

• Rep: 12
    • website avatar image
« Reply #291 on: November 29, 2022, 02:05:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Unbelievable, you can’t front.
[close]

Agreed.. he’s had plenty of gnarly parts that I watched once, or twice at most that I respected him for the skill and gnar factor of what he had filmed, but I didn’t enjoy those parts enough to ever go back and watch them a couple more times months, weeks, even years later, but this part is completely different than any of his past video parts in my opinion.. I’ve watched it around 5-6 times now in the last 24 hours and I’ll definitely come back to watch it again at some point. The music was horrendous though and honestly I think it would’ve turned out really amazing if the part had been edited to no music at all.. I think that would’ve been a pretty good way to go.

Also, the fakie frontside shove to switch backside 5-0 (fakie backside nosegrind) on that ledge to circle planter was ridiculous! That spot is really shitty and super sketchy, plus that trick is really fucking hard to control, let alone make it look good, it’s really hard to control a fakie frontside shove into any sort of grind trick in my opinion. And the fakie frontside big spin to frontside blunt slide fakie in a line down that small hubba was gnarly and very unexpected, I never would’ve imagined him doing that trick and I can only imagine that the whole process of popping that trick into a front blunt and coming out switch must be really hard if not next to impossible to make look good and/or  feel comfortable.
[close]

I thought the same.

No music would have been stunning.

Nyjah can skate to anything he wants...and this is what we get.

just wait for the 12h rough cut of all of his attempts from all of his parts

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #292 on: November 29, 2022, 02:07:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

he's wealthy because of his skateboard ability. The dude had a childhood full of abuse and trauma. He put in a lot of hard work to get where he's at. Hate him or not, that's just the reality.

Also, would you prefer him to wear big boys and dunks like every other clone out there? Why do you care how another grown-ass man dresses? Yikes

I think we'd all just prefer to see these tricks done by someone wearing something a bit more becoming. And yes you're on slap all we do is talk about fits Bro are u lost??

stephop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -391
« Reply #293 on: November 29, 2022, 02:27:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think we'd all just prefer to see these tricks done by someone wearing something a bit more becoming. And yes you're on slap all we do is talk about fits Bro are u lost??

Jah would have looked fly as fuck doing rails in this drip

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
« Reply #294 on: November 29, 2022, 02:27:51 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

probably that big ass tahoe that was in the background of his last part

Giftedly Hater’d

• Rep: 415
« Reply #295 on: November 29, 2022, 02:31:24 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Hi-vis would be toning it down for Loy.

Dark Knight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 365
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #296 on: November 29, 2022, 02:38:34 PM »
Switch

Front

Blunt

That made me scream, yo

manysnakes

« Reply #297 on: November 29, 2022, 02:46:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

*Lowes

Made In China

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 651
« Reply #298 on: November 29, 2022, 02:51:49 PM »
I’m not watching 12 minutes of a rapist dressed like a lululemon mannequin skating tight trucks.
I watched the 12 minutes so you didn't have to, and you made the right decision. I get the Nyjah is easiest the best skater of this generation (and arguably best skater ever), but this kind of skating just doesn't do anything for me.

Plus, the whole rapist part really kills it for me too. "Oh my mom is a woman," damn dude never mind there's no way you could've sexually assaulted someone!

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #299 on: November 29, 2022, 03:53:54 PM »
Just re-watched for the second time. Nyjah does like 25 "last trick" tricks in this part.

That was just mind melting. He deserves SOTY.