Author Topic: Tyshawn SOTY 2022  (Read 40698 times)

SatanicPanic

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
Re: Tyshawn SOTY 2022
« Reply #450 on: December 13, 2022, 01:23:54 PM »
Thrasher trying to play both sides with that new Skateline. Telling Nyjah to try harder is just bullying.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -528
« Reply #451 on: December 13, 2022, 03:03:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Tyshawns exciting at first but is just kinda Nyjah but garbage cans and Ollie’s. dudes ability to Ollie is shocking but his tricks aren’t.
[close]

i think a big point of what makes him special is that it's not just his ollies or his basics - it's everything.

it's rare for someone to be able to apply that level of pop to all their tricks. if you think of other skaters who are really defined by their pop (hayes, brophy, westgate, wainwright) it's not like they can apply that to any and every trick in their arsenal. it's usually just the ollie's, 180s, pop shuvs and some simpler flip tricks.

even tiago has certain tricks that you won't really see him doing over stuff very much. things like tre flips or nollie bs flips - ones that just feel extra awkward to take over something tall.

with tj you feel he's the one guy who can do more or less any trick over a tall bump to bar.
[close]

Keep my westgate’s name out yo mothafuckin mouth!
[close]

lol. he's one of my faves, but arguing that westgate's skating isn't shaped around having huge pop is one hell of a hot take.

Ha I was just fuckin around

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #452 on: December 13, 2022, 03:13:34 PM »
I think TJ should invite Carlyle and Greene on the soty trip through the supreme connect.

GrayCellGreen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 298
« Reply #453 on: December 13, 2022, 03:19:15 PM »

I think TJ should invite Carlyle and Greene on the soty trip through the supreme connect.

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 177
« Reply #454 on: December 13, 2022, 03:23:54 PM »

Would be a nice gesture.  Imagine if he invited Lennie Kirk too.

He should invite all the other SOTY finalists (Nyjah can facetime in due to injury)

schralp pal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 261
« Reply #455 on: December 13, 2022, 03:49:20 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Would be a nice gesture.  Imagine if he invited Lennie Kirk too.

He should invite all the other SOTY finalists (Nyjah can facetime in due to injury)

Lennie kirk’s a kook nobody wants him there.

doomstation55

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 910
  • ಠ_ಠ
    • [b]TEAM DOOM MS 2018[/b] avatar image
« Reply #456 on: December 13, 2022, 05:38:41 PM »
He should invite Chad Fernandez since he got snubbed in 1999

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -141
« Reply #457 on: December 13, 2022, 06:47:11 PM »
I like the cut of this youtuber's jib Jah>TJ

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #458 on: December 13, 2022, 07:36:59 PM »
SOTY trip is just a bunch of dudes standing around watching him skate trash cans

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
« Reply #459 on: December 13, 2022, 08:55:50 PM »
Remember folks, Tyshawn is literally the first black man to start a skateboard company.

What a fucking kook, now I really can't wait to watch King fail.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #460 on: December 13, 2022, 10:02:26 PM »
Thrasher really is some dorky shit. 

whale

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
« Reply #461 on: December 13, 2022, 11:15:26 PM »
Remember folks, Tyshawn is literally the first black man to start a skateboard company.

Can’t tell whether you’re joking or stupid..

excitableboy

• Rep: 93
« Reply #462 on: December 14, 2022, 12:57:14 AM »
Good looking chicks on sessions for literally a decade.

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #463 on: December 14, 2022, 05:30:47 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

"(King) the only black owned skate company...who else black owned? Black owned not black inspired, black owned..."

-Tyshawn (without a hint of sarcasm or irony)

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #464 on: December 14, 2022, 07:44:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
[close]

"(King) the only black owned skate company...who else black owned? Black owned not black inspired, black owned..."

-Tyshawn (without a hint of sarcasm or irony)
[close]
where did he say he's the first black man to start, and own (a major distinction), a skateboard company? it seems fairly obvious he's referring to the current landscape, not the entirety of history, and although he might be wrong about being the "only" black-owned board brand he only has a handful of peers in that sense - hopps and maybe maxallure?

Isn’t nyjah on his second black owned skate brand with disorder (after i&i)?  Obviously there’s way more, but without looking too far there’s that.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 691
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #465 on: December 14, 2022, 08:13:33 AM »
i think because tyshawn actually owns the company unlike probably 99% of the other brands in skateboarding that are apparently "owned by pros" in  actuality some white guys with money own it and put a pro's name on it to make the connection to the skate world (in the case of crail tap its a white woman instead)  the skaters are never the ones with the money... probably all your favorite brands FA Frog etc is not even completely owned by the skaters evne though they say "this is dill / ave company" they are probably just invested into it but not 100% ownership (i dont know this for fact i could be wrong here feel free to correct me)

i think it might actually be a direct shot at michael alfred because the money he gets for his company was probably from some white guy

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #466 on: December 14, 2022, 08:42:05 AM »
i think because tyshawn actually owns the company unlike probably 99% of the other brands in skateboarding that are apparently "owned by pros" in  actuality some white guys with money own it and put a pro's name on it to make the connection to the skate world (in the case of crail tap its a white woman instead)  the skaters are never the ones with the money... probably all your favorite brands FA Frog etc is not even completely owned by the skaters evne though they say "this is dill / ave company" they are probably just invested into it but not 100% ownership (i dont know this for fact i could be wrong here feel free to correct me)

i think it might actually be a direct shot at michael alfred because the money he gets for his company was probably from some white guy

So you think nyjahs company is not owned by him? Obviously, we don’t know the ownership structure, but tyshawn does?  Maybe.

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #467 on: December 14, 2022, 08:56:13 AM »
I would love to see balance sheets with equity break downs for dgk, disorder, maxallure, corporate, king, etc

theknifesong

• Rep: 19
  • wow!balls!
« Reply #468 on: December 14, 2022, 09:36:23 AM »

Of course this guy is dick riding Jah:

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
« Reply #469 on: December 14, 2022, 09:56:34 AM »

so we’re just assuming that tyshawn 100% owns his brand & nyjah doesn’t, even with the obvious differences in wealth?

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #470 on: December 14, 2022, 10:11:13 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
so we’re just assuming that tyshawn 100% owns his brand & nyjah doesn’t, even with the obvious differences in wealth?

I’m certain that king skateboards is 100% egotistical dork owned, but that’s hardly a first in skateboarding.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #471 on: December 14, 2022, 10:20:39 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Why does this nerd have to bring Ricci Tres into it? Lame

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #472 on: December 14, 2022, 10:46:05 AM »
If a black man starts a business but he has investors, then it's not a "real" black owned business?
Even if Tyshawn started King with 100% his own money it'd still be a bitch move to disregard other black business owners who couldn't afford to do it alone.
Do bank loans count against a "real" black owned business too? How far do we gotta follow this rabbit hole to ensure Tyshawn is infallible and can do or say no wrong?

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #473 on: December 14, 2022, 10:51:21 AM »
If a black man starts a business but he has investors, then it's not a "real" black owned business?
Even if Tyshawn started King with 100% his own money it'd still be a bitch move to disregard other black business owners who couldn't afford to do it alone.
Do bank loans count against a "real" black owned business too? How far do we gotta follow this rabbit hole to ensure Tyshawn is infallible and can do or say no wrong?

I mean you better have sawdust and glue on you’re pants at the very least, and not that cracker ass Elmer’s white glue either.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 177
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #474 on: December 14, 2022, 11:00:40 AM »
So many stans making videos about ninja getting robbed. Would have not expect that
check my music

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 143
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #475 on: December 14, 2022, 11:17:30 AM »

That was a pretty ahistorical and ignorant claim. Even if he was saying the only current black own skateboard company, he's still completely wrong. He's sick and a freakishly talented skater, but he makes some pretty questionable and controversial claims.

What I'm curious about is who was he shading with the "black owned, not black inspired... you know who you are" comment? Was it a shot at FA or Violet?

Both Dill and Fat Bill seem to have an aesthetic fascination with black iconography. But since they both did so much for Tyshawn's career from the beginning, I wouldn't think he'd be so disrespectful.

I missed an earlier comment where someone said it could be a shot at Mikey Alfredo. If that's the case, then please proceed... as you were.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2022, 11:35:44 AM by No Wave Comply »
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #476 on: December 14, 2022, 11:30:03 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That was a pretty ahistorical and ignorant claim. Even if he was saying the only current black own skateboard company, he's still completely wrong. He's sick and a freakishly talented skater, but he makes some pretty questionable and controversial claims.

What I'm curious about is who was he shading with the "black owned, not black inspired... you know who you are" comment? Was it a shot at FA or Violet?

Both Dill and Fat Bill seem to have an aesthetic fascination with black iconography. But since they both did so much for Tyshawn's career from the beginning, I wouldn't think he'd be so disrespectful.

At this point fuck whatever that race card playing (the gifted hater comment, not being proud of black owned things obv) clown meant with unprovoked jab #10845.  Congrats on keeping your vertical up another year “king” hope next year you focus on life skills.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 143
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #477 on: December 14, 2022, 11:32:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I made the mistake of watching his recent video. He has a spiteful bro voice and can't get over Le Jah losing SOTY, like it's a gold medal or something.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #478 on: December 14, 2022, 11:40:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

I made the mistake of watching his recent video. He has a spiteful bro voice and can't get over Le Jah losing SOTY, like it's a gold medal or something.
I noticed he has videos talking about Jordan Peterson so I assume he’s some sort of incel

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1265
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #479 on: December 14, 2022, 12:28:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I missed an earlier comment where someone said it could be a shot at Mikey Alfredo. If that's the case, then please proceed... as you were.
im still so confused as to how this is still a question between FA or Violet. It’s obviously at violet.