Author Topic: London UK  (Read 518 times)

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1888
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
London UK
« on: December 16, 2022, 02:14:41 AM »
Will be in Reading for a work conference in early January, I'll be taking the train from there to London to fly out. Planning on extending my stay by 2 days to get some skate tourism in. Weather looks damp and cold so street skating probably won't be an option but I'd like to check out some historic spots like South Bank, as long as I don't get mugged.

Would like to get some skating in, probably pack my trucks and wheels while picking up a deck from a shop there. I'd probably stick to parks, so if you have recommendations hit me up:.

https://f51.co.uk/
This one looks fun, I'm ass at transition but the street section looks fun.

If there are any shops were checking out to pick up a t-shirt or cap that would be rad too.

Thanks!
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

cosmicgypsies

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
Re: London UK
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2022, 02:46:35 AM »
Will be in Reading for a work conference in early January, I'll be taking the train from there to London to fly out. Planning on extending my stay by 2 days to get some skate tourism in. Weather looks damp and cold so street skating probably won't be an option but I'd like to check out some historic spots like South Bank, as long as I don't get mugged.

Would like to get some skating in, probably pack my trucks and wheels while picking up a deck from a shop there. I'd probably stick to parks, so if you have recommendations hit me up:.

https://f51.co.uk/
This one looks fun, I'm ass at transition but the street section looks fun.

If there are any shops were checking out to pick up a t-shirt or cap that would be rad too.

Thanks!

only other indoor off the top of my head is bay66. royal oak aka meanwhile 2 is sheltered as is white grounds. if you're wanting to do classic park/spots lurking then uhh mile end, victoria, stockwell, rom/harrow if they still exist, probably a couple others i forgot. for stores gotta be slam city.

Throwaway1

• Rep: 7
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2022, 02:31:25 PM »
Mugging: southbank’s generally fine but you will always have lurkers and tweakers that come sit by the bags and make off with one every now and then.
you’re fine as long as you don’t do anything daft like leave your wallet and phone sitting out in B-road daylight.

Indoor skateparks:
Bay66 isn’t indoor but under a big overpass so it’s covered.
There’s a pretty basic park called hop kingdom (sponsor of Jamie griffin who won BATB). It’s barely worth calling a park but has an adequate mini ramp. Kooky place.

There’s an indoor park called better extreme in barking
https://www.better.org.uk/leisure-centre/london/barking-and-dagenham/barking-sporthouse-and-gym/skate-barking-sporthouse-and-gym

As mentioned, Mile End is a good outdoor park.
You could go into the city, do abit of spot tourism- got to St Paul’s cathedral to see the tourist sites and check out the famous spot at the same time.
Hotel skate shop in Peckham is good and close to the curbs that Caspar broker skates a lot.
Brixtons baddest is a shop just opposite the newly refurbished stockwell skate park

If you go to the big indoor in Folkestone, there’s a shop nearby called happy skate, which has lost of trinkets and smaller brand bits and pieces.

Dm me if you want anymore info or spots to check out

cosmicgypsies

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 626
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2022, 02:06:05 AM »
is that bowl still in selfridges? could be a shout for op also