Author Topic: The Heated Wheel  (Read 10392 times)

Witcheshit

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
Re: The Heated Wheel
« Reply #60 on: April 24, 2023, 01:04:02 PM »
This is my new daily driver (as I put two other set ups on ice, because of a lack of bearing maintainence :P)

Anyways, for my limited bag of tricks, it feels good so far, even though I forgot the pals name that I got it from here  :o

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1026
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #61 on: April 24, 2023, 04:50:21 PM »
This is my new daily driver (as I put two other set ups on ice, because of a lack of bearing maintainence :P)

Anyways, for my limited bag of tricks, it feels good so far, even though I forgot the pals name that I got it from here  :o

I had looked at that and thought it a good looking shape and decent dimensions too.

That's the 9.25 x 32 with 14.25 wb isn't it?

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Witcheshit

• Rep: 3
  • nosebeforehoes.blogspot.com
    • nose before hoes avatar image
« Reply #62 on: April 24, 2023, 07:21:31 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I had looked at that and thought it a good looking shape and decent dimensions too.

Yes, it's the shaped version. Hopefully they keep it in rotation.

Roll Forever Tate, 360 Frip, Yappie Dappie, Rusty, T Mack, Pablo, Malcolm, Nosey, Abair

turdtastic

• Rep: 52
« Reply #63 on: April 25, 2023, 09:36:16 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Top pic please

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #64 on: April 26, 2023, 06:23:24 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Top pic please

The stock pics always have the top partly covered by the graphic side like this, but it is easy enough to see most of it.

I am sure there were other top pics from people who had them, but right this minute I can't see any.

the heated wheel yuma shape
9.25/32/14.25wb

turdtastic

« Reply #65 on: April 26, 2023, 07:13:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
Top pic please
[close]

The stock pics always have the top partly covered by the graphic side like this, but it is easy enough to see most of it.

I am sure there were other top pics from people who had them, but right this minute I can't see any.

Expand Quote
the heated wheel yuma shape
9.25/32/14.25wb

[close]
What you said, but grip pics seem to bring it closer to reality on the little glass screen!

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #66 on: April 26, 2023, 07:39:03 PM »

What you said, but grip pics seem to bring it closer to reality on the little glass screen!

For sure!

That is why I went looking, cause I am sure someone had posted a setup board before.

I also searched YUMA deck and this ebay listing came up too.

Not quite the profile top pic, but a good one to see from the camera angle and also worth noting:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165924569895

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Q1IAAOSwiedj4DLk/s-l1600.jpg

turdtastic

« Reply #67 on: April 26, 2023, 11:08:44 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

For sure!

That is why I went looking, cause I am sure someone had posted a setup board before.

I also searched YUMA deck and this ebay listing came up too.

Not quite the profile top pic, but a good one to see from the camera angle and also worth noting:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/165924569895

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/Q1IAAOSwiedj4DLk/s-l1600.jpg

@mbrimson88 always doin good work

Sketch Hitchcock

• Rep: 167
« Reply #68 on: May 04, 2023, 10:45:34 AM »
Couldn’t resist dropping in some of my favorite items from the new drop!

ENIZ FAZLIOV - RAGDOLL - PRO MODEL - 8.25

BRAYAN CORIA - PRO MODEL - 8.38

JAKE HILL - BIRD CAGE - PRO MODEL - 8.5

TOM REMILLARD - OCEAN VIEW - PRO MODEL - 9.0

FOXED - 8.75

BANK MAULER

FIBER RIDER - POLARIZER

TurdyBird

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 154
  • <3
« Reply #69 on: May 04, 2023, 11:53:14 AM »

ENIZ FAZLIOV - RAGDOLL - PRO MODEL - 8.25

BRAYAN CORIA - PRO MODEL - 8.38

JAKE HILL - BIRD CAGE - PRO MODEL - 8.5

FOXED - 8.75

BANK MAULER

FIBER RIDER - POLARIZER

Anyone know the rest of the dimensions on that Tom Remillard 9”?
The chillest1

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #70 on: May 04, 2023, 11:54:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I thought I had seen another one, maybe the same shape and it had more weird dimensions, but this is the only one that comes up in searches now:

https://www.shrunkenheadskateboards.com/products/the-heated-wheel-remillard-deck-9-0

The Heated Wheel Tom Remillard Deck 9.0 x 32.75, wb14.5

Not the same graphic though, so that might be different.

Another listing, definitely more than 32" with those nose and tail dimensions:

https://www.warehouseskateboards.com/the-heated-wheel-skateboards-tom-remillard-pro-skateboard-deck-9x32

Deck Size: 9" width x 32" length
Wheelbase: 14.5"
Nose: 7.25"
Tail: 7"

IpathCats

« Reply #71 on: June 02, 2023, 06:43:01 AM »
Anyone know if the 8.38 HW decks are all the same shape/wheelbase?

Curious to know what the wheelbase is on this guy

https://theheatedwheel.com/collections/skateboards/products/yuma-slick-bottom-8-5

edit: damn just read @Mbrimson88 post on the first page. looks like 14.25, too small for me.

Murge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 427
« Reply #72 on: June 05, 2023, 06:23:16 PM »
I know this is lent the right place but I couldn’t find a heated wheel thread in the UWB area but when did Toni remillard get on heated wheel? Or is it a guest board?

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #73 on: June 05, 2023, 06:35:12 PM »
I know this is lent the right place but I couldn’t find a heated wheel thread in the UWB area but when did Toni remillard get on heated wheel? Or is it a guest board?

Tom Remillard is the TM, he’s been on a while now.  Pretty sure he’s the one who’s brought in Eniz, Jake Hill and Brayan Coria via connections on other teams he’s on.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #74 on: June 05, 2023, 06:48:03 PM »

It is relevant enough that this thread could include anything related.

Exactly when, not sure, but I think for a lot of skaters, their steps down are no where near as celebrated or even acknowledged as their steps up, even if that is a very coarse way to say it, given he went from AH am around 2011, through a short lived Expedition stint from 2013, through pro boards on Santa Cruz from 2016 to mid 2022 Heated Wheel, probably missing some steps along the way, but that is when he referred to "with us at Heated Wheel" in an instagram post.

I have always appreciated his skating, being more transition based myself, so by no means am I meaning any disrespect, but going from Santa Cruz to a very small brand like Heated Wheel seems a big step down.  This in itself could be seen as how disposable some skateboarders are to the industry now, or at least to some brands, always putting the next dude on and bumping off the other guys from the other end of the production line.

Either way, stoked he has a board and a "family" which seems like it is more than what is going on at NHS or somewhere else like Dwindle of late.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #75 on: June 05, 2023, 06:51:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Tom Remillard is the TM, he’s been on a while now.  Pretty sure he’s the one who’s brought in Eniz, Jake Hill and Brayan Coria via connections on other teams he’s on.

That makes sense too.

Also glad they gave him a board, Dec 2022.

Quote:
Beyond honored to be a part of @theheatedwheel and to receive this board. Really just want to do my best to help the entire project along. Hyped how it’s gone so far, thank you NB and Ed for this amazing opportunity. More to come!

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #76 on: June 05, 2023, 07:11:07 PM »
I have always appreciated his skating, being more transition based myself, so by no means am I meaning any disrespect, but going from Santa Cruz to a very small brand like Heated Wheel seems a big step down.

I think he had some injuries over the years, but it’s moreso that he’s tight with Blender and wanted to help him build out the company.  Also it could just be me, but while Santa Cruz obviously has an amazing history and a much bigger brand awareness globally, I wouldn’t say it approaches the cool factor of THW these days… but I’m pretty biased.

GardenSkater77

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1062
« Reply #77 on: June 05, 2023, 07:57:21 PM »
Heated Wheel is the best new company since, I don’t know, Quasi?

I was not expecting such a wide range of decks. Once they have their own wheels they can sell Polarizer completes.

They are almost like Krooked. 80s artist/skater sends in art and stays out of the business portion.

Tom R’s in a better position for him than at Santa Cruz.

I’m thinking about getting the 9.25” board based on the Drehobl but I’m waiting until I get a back truck measurement cause in looks like it tapers too much.

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #78 on: June 05, 2023, 08:50:15 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I thought I had seen another one, maybe the same shape and it had more weird dimensions, but this is the only one that comes up in searches now:

https://www.shrunkenheadskateboards.com/products/the-heated-wheel-remillard-deck-9-0

The Heated Wheel Tom Remillard Deck 9.0 x 32.75, wb14.5

Not the same graphic though, so that might be different.

Another listing, definitely more than 32" with those nose and tail dimensions:

https://www.warehouseskateboards.com/the-heated-wheel-skateboards-tom-remillard-pro-skateboard-deck-9x32

Deck Size: 9" width x 32" length
Wheelbase: 14.5"
Nose: 7.25"
Tail: 7"

Confirmed

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #79 on: June 06, 2023, 07:41:11 AM »
Expand Quote
I have always appreciated his skating, being more transition based myself, so by no means am I meaning any disrespect, but going from Santa Cruz to a very small brand like Heated Wheel seems a big step down.
[close]

I think he had some injuries over the years, but it’s moreso that he’s tight with Blender and wanted to help him build out the company.  Also it could just be me, but while Santa Cruz obviously has an amazing history and a much bigger brand awareness globally, I wouldn’t say it approaches the cool factor of THW these days… but I’m pretty biased.

I was not expecting such a wide range of decks. Once they have their own wheels they can sell Polarizer completes.

They are almost like Krooked. 80s artist/skater sends in art and stays out of the business portion.

I’m thinking about getting the 9.25” board based on the Drehobl but I’m waiting until I get a back truck measurement cause in looks like it tapers too much.

I don't feel any love, or even have much interest in brands like Santa Cruz, so I would definitely back Tom on Heated Wheel in that regard.

As to that board, is it the same as the other 9.25 x 32 with 14.25 wheelbase or are they different shapes?

I seem to recall someone having one of the earlier graphics of a very similar shape and saying it was about 9.2 over the front truck and 8.75 at the back truck, but I could be wrong.  They had 159s on it which worked, but I think even 9" even trucks would still work well enough.

Some places have it with better pics, but no one seems to have it that lists over the truck measurements, the closest being the Conflict Skates site, with a couple of other boards that could almost be similar in taper.

https://www.conflictskates.co.uk/the-heated-wheel--sportsman-skateboard-deck-90-x-32-sky-blue--pool-old-skool-neil-blender-37374-p.asp

"Sportsman"
Team Deck

9.0" x 32"

6.25" nose

7.0" tail

15.0" WB

Medium Concave

Width over front truck: 8.75"

Width over rear truck: 8.5"

SW has decent pics without having the top overlapping and on an angle, so maybe this is worth having a look at too, same as the one above and then the one I think it is closest to in shape - Frontier deck:

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/The_Heated_Wheel_Sportsman_Deck/descpage-HWSMDK.html

https://www.skatewarehouse.com/The_Heated_Wheel_Frontier_Green_Red_Deck/descpage-HWFGRDK.html

That shape looks a bit weird though.

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #80 on: June 16, 2023, 03:18:44 PM »
Seems the NB Artwork page is still live, just not a listed tab on the site

https://theheatedwheel.com/collections/nb-artwork

And_so_it_goes22

• Rep: 26
« Reply #81 on: July 27, 2023, 09:25:07 AM »
Seems the NB Artwork page is still live, just not a listed tab on the site

https://theheatedwheel.com/collections/nb-artwork

Thank you for this! 

And_so_it_goes22

• Rep: 26
« Reply #82 on: July 27, 2023, 09:39:14 AM »

The 9:25 shape is my favorite shape, I’ve been through several.   Board dimensions are all the same regardless of the graphic. 

Nose: 7 1/4”
Tail: 6 1/2”
Width over front truck: 9 1/8”
Width over rear truck: 8 5/8”

159s work perfect for me. 

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #83 on: September 05, 2023, 11:23:53 AM »
Wow.  What a drop.

Also it’s great they now list wheelbase for all the boards (except the price point ones) on the site.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #84 on: September 05, 2023, 03:51:16 PM »
Wow.  What a drop.

Also it’s great they now list wheelbase for all the boards (except the price point ones) on the site.

Yeah having the dimensions listed makes it a whole lot easier for everyone.

I wonder if they got sick of people asking them about it, or just thought it might be a good idea.

The funny thing with the popsicles is the size of the 8, 8.25, 8.38 and 8.5 all seem to be fairly normal, then the 8.75 and 9.0 seem to be a bit different to other specs of that size board - super long compared to the proportionate wheelbase.  I know a couple of people have had those boards before, but at least now they show the dimensions, it is easier to compare.

Deck Size - 8.0 x 31.85 - 14.25 WB

Deck Size - 8.25 x 31.9 - 14.25 WB

Deck Size - 8.38 x 32.1 - 14.4 WB

Deck Size - 8.5 x 32.35 - 14.5 WB

Deck Size - 8.75 x 32.5 - 14.25 WB

Deck Size - 9.0 x 32.75 - 14.5 WB

A couple of interesting ones in there too including this one:

https://theheatedwheel.com/collections/skateboards/products/people-mover-egg-shape-9-0

90's Egg Shape Deck
7 Ply Canadian Maple Skateboard
Custom Shaped Deck In 9.25 x 32 - 14.25 WB

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #85 on: September 05, 2023, 05:21:14 PM »
Good looking out, thought I had the 90’s Egg included in there.  It’s one football board I’d love to see in person because I think I actually might like it, that’s a seemingly generous nose and tail.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 497
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #86 on: September 05, 2023, 05:56:45 PM »
Been waiting for a HW egg!  So stoked to see people getting into the brand and Blenders on a real tear at the moment.  Love it.

Sketch Hitchcock

« Reply #87 on: September 05, 2023, 06:12:12 PM »
Been waiting for a HW egg!  So stoked to see people getting into the brand and Blenders on a real tear at the moment.  Love it.

Yes, all the production and activity with the brand is incredibly exciting.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 772
« Reply #88 on: September 05, 2023, 09:46:41 PM »
The new egg looks like a proper 90s shape. Way more legit looking than some others.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 520
« Reply #89 on: September 05, 2023, 10:13:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Wow.  What a drop.

[close]

Yeah having the dimensions listed makes it a whole lot easier for everyone.

I wonder if they got sick of people asking them about it, or just thought it might be a good idea.

The funny thing with the popsicles is the size of the 8, 8.25, 8.38 and 8.5 all seem to be fairly normal, then the 8.75 and 9.0 seem to be a bit different to other specs of that size board - super long compared to the proportionate wheelbase.  I know a couple of people have had those boards before, but at least now they show the dimensions, it is easier to compare.

Deck Size - 8.0 x 31.85 - 14.25 WB

Deck Size - 8.25 x 31.9 - 14.25 WB

Deck Size - 8.38 x 32.1 - 14.4 WB

Deck Size - 8.5 x 32.35 - 14.5 WB

Deck Size - 8.75 x 32.5 - 14.25 WB

Deck Size - 9.0 x 32.75 - 14.5 WB

A couple of interesting ones in there too including this one:

https://theheatedwheel.com/collections/skateboards/products/people-mover-egg-shape-9-0

90's Egg Shape Deck
7 Ply Canadian Maple Skateboard
Custom Shaped Deck In 9.25 x 32 - 14.25 WB

Anyone know if this is the same shape/dims as Neil’s Alien JBL deck? Loved that thing.