Author Topic: Indy Stage 4 truck  (Read 9066 times)

LonleySk8er15

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
Re: Indy Stage 4 truck
« Reply #30 on: February 04, 2023, 11:35:07 AM »
I hope they turn like ACE but ollie like Indy stage xi. I lost all my pop on ACE. Feel like I get better leverage snapping the tail on my Indys. On my ACEs I was looping out and skidding the tail on accident a lot trying to land tricks. I put the ACEs on my pool/tight transition board and they are great, but the set up is for slash grinds and not really meant for ollies. short nose for less scrape in shallow ends, short wheel base, big wheels and riser pads. The weird axle widths for the stage iv are strange. I normally wanna ride an 8.5 popsicle so I have to chose between the 8.38 axle or the 8.65 axle. I'll probably go wider and get an 8.6 deck.

I heard NHS is not selling these on their website for 6 months so they are skate shop exclusive during the initial roll out.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #31 on: February 04, 2023, 11:42:29 AM »
What size did you get, Sold out?

DaleSr

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1393
« Reply #32 on: February 04, 2023, 12:58:48 PM »
I think most 40+ skater would be more stoked with a stage vii rerelease tbh

I'm interested in the stage 4 but this is what my heart truly desires

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1192
  • old and in the way
« Reply #33 on: February 04, 2023, 01:12:25 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Stage VII hollows pls

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1125
« Reply #34 on: February 10, 2023, 06:24:44 AM »
I am not an indy fan. I’ve just never really been stoked on them, but have wanted to like them at many different times (Drake Jones made everything look cool). The trucks always felt too heavy for me. Later on, I came to dislike the hellride stuff. Just weird jock shit that seemed …at best, not cool.

These reissues are sick. Rolling them out with shops first, instead of going directly to the ‘fun factory’ is also a step in a direction I’d like to support from a corp. that has flirted with being a toy company, more than a a company that works with skateshops.

My favorite indys, and I’ve lost track of the stages: trades my ultralights for some 146s? 156s? Late 80s. I think of these ones the most often. As mentioned above, the metal was better. The kingpin clearance was bizarre. Negative clearance. I gave my Scott Oster complete with these to a classmate that needed a board when we all started skating again in 93-94. I had some with black baseplate raw hanger, was whenever Western Edition got distribution, maybe very early 2000s? Not sure on the stage/size. I bent the axle to an unskateable degree. Looked so sick tho with small wheels. And made me feel like I was going to learn crooked grinds in the streets. Did not.

Blaaaah blah old blah.

I’m pretty locked into what I ride now, but the 136s turn my head. They look cool. The sizing is also nice

manysnakes

« Reply #35 on: February 10, 2023, 08:54:45 AM »
I said this in the gear thread, and maybe I am wrong, but if Independent thinks the success of Ace is due to pent up demand for their old trucks, I believe they are getting the whole thing wrong. The appeal of Ace Trucks is that Ace is not Indy.

augustmoon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 816
« Reply #36 on: February 10, 2023, 09:36:39 AM »
I’m not a huge Indy fan, but I will for sure be trying these
Fuck brandon biebel... The lemon thrower

IpathCats

« Reply #37 on: February 10, 2023, 10:11:07 AM »
I said this in the gear thread, and maybe I am wrong, but if Independent thinks the success of Ace is due to pent up demand for their old trucks, I believe they are getting the whole thing wrong. The appeal of Ace Trucks is that Ace is not Indy.

For some I'm sure thats the case.

But not all.

I'm sure many people would like to experience OG indy geometry from indy themselves.

With the added benefit of their axels not bending.

I’m not a huge Indy fan, but I will for sure be trying these

see

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #38 on: February 10, 2023, 11:06:07 AM »
I'm personally pretty stoked for these. I definitely don't need another set of trucks but I'll get em anyways. I kinda like that they're switching up the numbering from their normal trucks to not confuse their customers, unlike Ace with their AF1 vs non-AF1 sizing and numbering clusterfuck

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

baker3G

• Rep: -64
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2023, 01:44:33 PM »
they skate pretty good.

I would buy aces if i were you tho.

tadej Pog

• Rep: -527
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #40 on: February 10, 2023, 01:58:28 PM »
Im skating in thunders like 15 years in a row and Im so conservative about this.
Miss you Rusty Berings

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1138
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #41 on: February 10, 2023, 02:19:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Stage VII hollows pls

Now that would be sick
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Gray Imp Sausage Metal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
  • We're just 2 lo(b)s(t)ers sitting behind a screen
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2023, 02:32:58 PM »
Why oh why did they go with red bushings?

Impish sausage is definitely gonna blow up as a euphemism this year

Diamond_Dallas_Pudge

• Rep: -46
  • User posts join approval queueModerated
« Reply #43 on: February 10, 2023, 03:17:24 PM »

The red bushings are the only thing holding this truck together!

alonelikeastone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 90
  • 608z.
    • Meh. avatar image
« Reply #44 on: February 10, 2023, 04:18:44 PM »
Weird sizing options don’t you think?

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 348
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2023, 04:22:44 PM »

Seems pretty reasonable to me. From 8" to 9" in approximately 1/3 inch increments. Different number designations so people don't mix them up with their normal trucks.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Sold Out

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 97
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2023, 04:33:52 PM »
8.6 set them up on a 8.5 deck, actually feels like it fits perfectly, can't see my axle nuts when Im standing on my board.

Banned from the room

« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2023, 04:55:55 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The red bushings are the only thing holding this truck together!

My og stage 4s have red bushings in them. Its a sign.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #48 on: February 10, 2023, 05:43:49 PM »
shouldn't this be like somewhere else man?

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1047
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #49 on: February 10, 2023, 07:58:25 PM »
shouldn't this be like somewhere else man?

Like in Shoes and Gear?

Yeah, but it is an interesting way for others to talk about them, besides the Indy thread, so no worries really.

That said, there is a lot more spec and info, with pics, in the Indy thread here:

https://www.slapmagazine.com/index.php?topic=123563.0

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 856
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2023, 08:39:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
8.6 set them up on a 8.5 deck, actually feels like it fits perfectly, can't see my axle nuts when Im standing on my board.

Nice.Initial impressions?

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • Get bent
« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2023, 10:03:49 PM »
They make some lows I may fuck with the best
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

And_so_it_goes22

• Rep: 26
« Reply #52 on: February 16, 2023, 03:03:51 PM »
I am not an indy fan. I’ve just never really been stoked on them, but have wanted to like them at many different times (Drake Jones made everything look cool). The trucks always felt too heavy for me. Later on, I came to dislike the hellride stuff. Just weird jock shit that seemed …at best, not cool.

These reissues are sick. Rolling them out with shops first, instead of going directly to the ‘fun factory’ is also a step in a direction I’d like to support from a corp. that has flirted with being a toy company, more than a a company that works with skateshops.

My favorite indys, and I’ve lost track of the stages: trades my ultralights for some 146s? 156s? Late 80s. I think of these ones the most often. As mentioned above, the metal was better. The kingpin clearance was bizarre. Negative clearance. I gave my Scott Oster complete with these to a classmate that needed a board when we all started skating again in 93-94. I had some with black baseplate raw hanger, was whenever Western Edition got distribution, maybe very early 2000s? Not sure on the stage/size. I bent the axle to an unskateable degree. Looked so sick tho with small wheels. And made me feel like I was going to learn crooked grinds in the streets. Did not.

Blaaaah blah old blah.

I’m pretty locked into what I ride now, but the 136s turn my head. They look cool. The sizing is also nice

I felt the same way, as NHS these days kind of reminds me of what vision was in the 80s.  Any licensing deal in the world just to make more money. 

When I clicked on the find a store button on the NHS website to find a set of these on skate shop day, it lists a bunch of local Tillys and Zumiez stores.  And one core shop.  I dunno, in my view sending these out to Tillys and Zumiez at all the local malls feels like a “fuck you” to actual shops. 

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
« Reply #53 on: February 16, 2023, 04:40:44 PM »
Who gives a fuck

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 700
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #54 on: February 16, 2023, 05:33:33 PM »

that was how they used to come. they are keeping true to the original sizings. this actually has me somewhat interested.

is the height the same? thats kinda all i care about tbh. i find standard indys too high now i like the 53mm height a lot more so i probably dont care about these.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2272
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #55 on: February 16, 2023, 05:57:38 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

that was how they used to come. they are keeping true to the original sizings. this actually has me somewhat interested.

is the height the same? thats kinda all i care about tbh. i find standard indys too high now i like the 53mm height a lot more so i probably dont care about these.
My brother in Christ, I’m afraid you have been misinformed. The Stage 4 was available in the *following 3 sizes/designations: 159/FW, 169/MFW & 215/Big 10 Inch

*Source: Built To Grind (25 Years of hardcore skateboarding) page 112

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

NollieFlippedYourMom

• Rep: 0
  • occasionally I skaterboard
« Reply #56 on: February 16, 2023, 06:05:02 PM »
Reading through this makes me realize I don’t know anything about trucks after 15-20ish years of skating. I’ve always just walked into a shop and bought the most standard ‘raw’ Indy truck that fits my 8.25 setup. And I use the stock bushings and don’t replace them until I get a whole new set of trucks 2-3 years later. I’ve never had a problem with my trucks besides them turning on their own a bit and breaking a bolt here and there, but am I missing out on something? Will I change trucks and go pro? Or at least sponsed?
Jerry Gurney is my dad

jsettle

• Rep: 134
« Reply #57 on: February 16, 2023, 07:17:55 PM »
Expand Quote

Blaaaah blah old blah.

[close]

I felt the same way, as NHS these days kind of reminds me of what vision was in the 80s.  Any licensing deal in the world just to make more money. 

When I clicked on the find a store button on the NHS website to find a set of these on skate shop day, it lists a bunch of local Tillys and Zumiez stores.  And one core shop.  I dunno, in my view sending these out to Tillys and Zumiez at all the local malls feels like a “fuck you” to actual shops.

There are no Zumiez shops listed on the shop list and a whole bunch of real skate shops. What list are you looking at?

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #58 on: February 16, 2023, 07:40:53 PM »
Who gives a fuck

“It’s the best turn ever if I cut the bushings and modify it” lol  what are you people slalom kings ???

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1047
  • Just another skate shop guy
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2023, 07:41:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Blaaaah blah old blah.

[close]

[close]

There are no Zumiez shops listed on the shop list and a whole bunch of real skate shops. What list are you looking at?

They specifically said the new Stage 4 trucks will only be available in skate shops from Skate Shop Day, no where else.

That might have been the overall list for stockists for the rest of their products, like Santa Cruz completes...

For once NHS does seem to be doing the right thing by skate shops, or at least trying to help core shops, as a lot of people always talk about them just being all about money, etc.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.