Author Topic: Austin Gillette Thrasher cover  (Read 64490 times)

HyenaChaser

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

Jewel Runner

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 101

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 151
    • Music avatar image
Re: Austin Gillette Thrasher cover
« Reply #692 on: March 31, 2023, 04:29:03 AM »
I ll even be happy if he only does an ollie

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 767
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #693 on: April 01, 2023, 04:06:44 AM »
Need more updates @versacekid420

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 62
« Reply #694 on: April 02, 2023, 01:01:45 PM »
I’ve put my money down, and I enjoy the fun as much as the next lurker, but anyone seriously considering a nollie tre going down needs to take a second look at the spot in question.

It’s not as big a proving ground or notable / named LA spot a la Hollywood High or the car wash but it’s known rather for the few tricks that have been documented over it.
I mean I know we’re more than a decade removed from it, but it was in Heath Kirchart’s retirement part.

There’s going to have to be some serious work done on that crop duster before I’m confident it will make it over the hydrant.

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 117
« Reply #695 on: April 02, 2023, 02:56:30 PM »
I’ve put my money down, and I enjoy the fun as much as the next lurker, but anyone seriously considering a nollie tre going down needs to take a second look at the spot in question.

It’s not as big a proving ground or notable / named LA spot a la Hollywood High or the car wash but it’s known rather for the few tricks that have been documented over it.
I mean I know we’re more than a decade removed from it, but it was in Heath Kirchart’s retirement part.

There’s going to have to be some serious work done on that crop duster before I’m confident it will make it over the hydrant.

Spot's pretty gnarly in person but I think enough details have been provided of the spot (photos of almost every angle, measurements, anecdotes, etc.) that I think Versace has a good enough idea of what he's up against. Only thing I think might not have been pointed out enough is the steepness of the hill which I remember seemed a lot more intense when I saw it in person

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #696 on: April 02, 2023, 03:05:52 PM »
i'm not saying you don't have to go fast, i've never been and likely never will go to the spot - but when you watch austyn's little teaser video (the second slide in the original insta post on page 1 of the thread) - he really doesn't look like he's hauling that hard...
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #697 on: April 02, 2023, 03:35:56 PM »
i'm not saying you don't have to go fast, i've never been and likely never will go to the spot - but when you watch austyn's little teaser video (the second slide in the original insta post on page 1 of the thread) - he really doesn't look like he's hauling that hard...

While I don’t think speed every truly translates on video (if someone looks like they’re going normal speed, they’re probably going decently fast. If they look like they’re going fast, they’re hauling ass), an underrated aspect of the spot is that it’s in the middle of a hill. Whether you want to or not, even crossing the street you pick up a decent amount of speed. If you watch the heath line, I don’t even think he pushes the entire block approaching it and he’s flying.

It just looks like a flat approach because the hill bomb after you land is so damn steep.

bob george

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 204
« Reply #698 on: April 02, 2023, 04:39:40 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

While I don’t think speed every truly translates on video (if someone looks like they’re going normal speed, they’re probably going decently fast. If they look like they’re going fast, they’re hauling ass), an underrated aspect of the spot is that it’s in the middle of a hill. Whether you want to or not, even crossing the street you pick up a decent amount of speed. If you watch the heath line, I don’t even think he pushes the entire block approaching it and he’s flying.

It just looks like a flat approach because the hill bomb after you land is so damn steep.

yeah, i absolutely agree that it's usually faster than it looks - i'm just talking shit really. i know you don't see the whole push, but the end of the push he does in that clip looks relatively soft. but yeah, if no one on here that lives nearby would even ollie it (am i correct in assuming that?) it must be pretty intense.
that skinny motherfucker with the high voice

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1109
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #699 on: April 02, 2023, 05:16:14 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

yeah, i absolutely agree that it's usually faster than it looks - i'm just talking shit really. i know you don't see the whole push, but the end of the push he does in that clip looks relatively soft. but yeah, if no one on here that lives nearby would even ollie it (am i correct in assuming that?) it must be pretty intense.

I didn’t even like measuring it tbh, too gnarly

Urtripping

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 526
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

slimvanilla

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -139
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #702 on: April 02, 2023, 11:12:31 PM »
cmon i wanna see a vlog or sumn

Steely Daniel

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 458
« Reply #703 on: April 03, 2023, 12:15:08 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Whos the dude in Versace's avatar with what looks to be a pelican-sized dip of chew in his lip? I hate his fucking face so much.
[close]

Shetler, I think?
[close]
yes, thank you that's been bugging me since this whole thing started. I still don't recognize a lot of these mid 2000's guys.
[close]

On a scale of 1-10
How punshable is his face

If vk420 had a hot guy avatar would his rep be so low lol

Fucking 11 with that smarmy, smug ass grin. You are definitely on to something with that hypothesis though.

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #704 on: April 03, 2023, 12:43:05 AM »
it feels like with the kader thread beginning to simmer down that we’re all reaching for a new place to hangout now & talk about a hypothetical situation that intrigues us… that said, i don’t think this is necessarily deserving. all the power to you versace & i really do hope it comes to be but.. would we have ever done this with childoftheghetto?? i think not.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Paul Cicero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -304
« Reply #705 on: April 03, 2023, 03:24:57 AM »
it feels like with the kader thread beginning to simmer down that we’re all reaching for a new place to hangout now & talk about a hypothetical situation that intrigues us… that said, i don’t think this is necessarily deserving. all the power to you versace & i really do hope it comes to be but.. would we have ever done this with childoftheghetto?? i think not.

I think I recall everyone super keen to try and get him on OIAM - from memory he declined

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 767
  • dog stuff

elbarto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 34
« Reply #707 on: April 04, 2023, 11:52:03 PM »
I swear if this mf 180’s it lmao
“I’ll whoop your ass with my arm out of socket”

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2224
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #708 on: April 05, 2023, 09:29:46 AM »

Remember when Childoftheghetto bet my friend Jeremy that he would be better than him at transition within a year or quit skating?

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1370
« Reply #709 on: April 05, 2023, 10:49:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

I didn’t even like measuring it tbh, too gnarly

Huge props for going through the trouble of measuring it

JoseCansnake0

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: -33
« Reply #710 on: April 05, 2023, 11:23:29 AM »
I've got a feeling Jenkem doesn't want to have this blow up, which is why it's been so quite. At least I hope so

HyenaChaser

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #711 on: April 05, 2023, 11:36:28 AM »
I've got a feeling Jenkem doesn't want to have this blow up, which is why it's been so quite. At least I hope so

You know I thought these forums were a for skating not discussing fetishes

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 670
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #712 on: April 05, 2023, 11:45:04 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Remember when Childoftheghetto bet my friend Jeremy that he would be better than him at transition within a year or quit skating?

posted that goofy ass clip on that baby mini ramp  ;D

that austrialian guy had really good style

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #713 on: April 05, 2023, 12:12:52 PM »
One of the first things they told me is that they don't want to blow this up if they don't know Versace is making the trip. I think he will but he's obviously got other stuff to take care of first. He's actually in the process of quitting his job right now (unrelated to the nollie tre situation)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2023, 01:04:52 PM by The Mexican Nancy Chin »

the canadian suit

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 145
  • Always lurking.
« Reply #714 on: April 05, 2023, 12:50:26 PM »
Jenkem posting about it on their story right now
p-shuvs and v-flips

Bigfoot is real

« Reply #715 on: April 05, 2023, 12:55:50 PM »
Fuck I’m so excited for this, I really hope you get it vkid.

Even if the nollie tre doesn’t go down, a front shuv or even an ollie would be legendary.

Anything less than a nollie flip after all this would be downright pathetic.

MorningSesh

• Rep: 76
« Reply #716 on: April 05, 2023, 12:57:46 PM »
Someone got Jenkem’s attention about the nollie tre, peep their instagram stories

Francis Xavier

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2188
« Reply #717 on: April 05, 2023, 12:58:58 PM »
Would love someone to either nollie tre it before versacekid or to just put a bike lock on the hydrant since thats the skater sign of "please don't skate this until I get my clips first"

Damn I left my bubbler at my parents house

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #718 on: April 05, 2023, 01:00:56 PM »

The Mexican Nancy Chin

« Reply #719 on: April 05, 2023, 01:04:00 PM »
Someone got Jenkem’s attention about the nollie tre, peep their instagram stories
Yeah I told them about it a few weeks ago and they contacted Versace. They're gonna document it if he goes there.