Author Topic: cairo- fully flared  (Read 6443 times)

alexx

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 10
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: cairo- fully flared
« Reply #60 on: May 12, 2007, 12:08:06 AM »
this video makes you realize how out of control contemporary video production is. it takes longer for a team to produce a video nowadays than it did to make "animal chin"! give me a break. these dudes arent building mega ramps or anything like that. no major team changes.....its just that the longer it takes, the more hype and the more hype, the more people have to break themselves. we will probably never see anything remotely like the old world and plan b vids where they skated, filmed, edited, and distributed. back then ...new video EVERY YEAR!!! your average vid has a freakin' marketing campaign, and some of the footy is so old that peoples gear is played out! enough is enough. you guys are PROFESSIONALS, why does it take so long to film skating in 2007? are the videographers masterpieces to blame? Sk8 video, not oscar contending drama starring leo dicaprio! (shit now he's gonna be in some teams video!) what sucks the most is that guys i like to watch skate are majorly contributing to the death of just plain old good skate vids.

it's just general laziness, skateboarders are known for it. you always add a year or so to an inital video release date.

the dudes at lakai probaly shrug their shoulders when people ask them when the video's coming out, it probaly wouldn't bother them at all. they know the epic video they have in their hands as well, so they would be wanting to make it be as good as it possibly could be (meaning extra time = more time for better tricks).

leeroy

• Rep: 1
« Reply #61 on: May 12, 2007, 12:29:21 AM »
this video makes you realize how out of control contemporary video production is. it takes longer for a team to produce a video nowadays than it did to make "animal chin"! give me a break. these dudes arent building mega ramps or anything like that. no major team changes.....its just that the longer it takes, the more hype and the more hype, the more people have to break themselves. we will probably never see anything remotely like the old world and plan b vids where they skated, filmed, edited, and distributed. back then ...new video EVERY YEAR!!! your average vid has a freakin' marketing campaign, and some of the footy is so old that peoples gear is played out! enough is enough. you guys are PROFESSIONALS, why does it take so long to film skating in 2007? are the videographers masterpieces to blame? Sk8 video, not oscar contending drama starring leo dicaprio! (shit now he's gonna be in some teams video!) what sucks the most is that guys i like to watch skate are majorly contributing to the death of just plain old good skate vids.

p.s. if the skating is that good we wont need the hype. think tim & henry..........no actors, guest riders, bro sections, or celebrities. just raw skating.

Sorry it's not 1993 anymore.

The industry puts out like 100videos a year these times.
The competition is pretty tight these days.
If you'd have a own company I bet you'd want your riders (who you pay) to put out the best vid.
And in this case you have to do that. Look at the expectations...

And also, those guys have other sponsors too that make you go on tour and film on other things.
It's not like those dudes would get up every morning and go out to film for the Lakai vid.
They got other obligations too.

And then you have to find some new spots too.
No one wants to see people skating some blown out spots.

And then these people get hurt every once and a while.

It's no wonder that shit's taking so long.
So hold your horses, it'll be out by holiday season.
"The Night Of The Vampire"

clientele.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 18
  • SLAP
« Reply #62 on: May 12, 2007, 01:04:55 AM »
word.

Expand Quote

p.s. if the skating is that good we wont need the hype. think tim & henry..........no actors, guest riders, bro sections, or celebrities. just raw skating.
[close]

Sorry it's not 1993 anymore.

The industry puts out like 100videos a year these times.
The competition is pretty tight these days.
If you'd have a own company I bet you'd want your riders (who you pay) to put out the best vid.
And in this case you have to do that. Look at the expectations...

And also, those guys have other sponsors too that make you go on tour and film on other things.
It's not like those dudes would get up every morning and go out to film for the Lakai vid.
They got other obligations too.

And then you have to find some new spots too.
No one wants to see people skating some blown out spots.

And then these people get hurt every once and a while.

It's no wonder that shit's taking so long.
So hold your horses, it'll be out by holiday season.

SLAP is for the haters.

obeygiant

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3
« Reply #63 on: May 12, 2007, 07:11:26 AM »
shit the longer the better .. more footage,better editing,less rushed = better video

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #64 on: May 12, 2007, 08:15:13 AM »
LESS RUSHED??? come on.

jaesi25

• Rep: -153
« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2007, 12:22:23 PM »
competition is almost non existent for tghe lakai team. these dudes have been skating 10 plus years....as professionals. alot of pivot stuff on banks, manuals on banks and switch runs. that shouldnt take so long to produce. and still with ecveryone doing these huge productions...it would be refreshing to just see some skating. we dont even need music. the sounds of skating should be enough for every skater on this board. fuck a soundtrack
what i want when i want with who i want how i want.

ctsskate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 39
« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2007, 12:27:55 PM »
of course you need music. remember pj's part? yeah I think it is established that music is a good thing.

jaesi25

• Rep: -153
« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2007, 12:30:47 PM »
no its preference. i dont get videos for the music. never have. i get the "video" to "see" the skating.
what i want when i want with who i want how i want.

heckler

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 475
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #68 on: May 13, 2007, 10:42:58 AM »
If there's no music, we'll have approximately 2515 re edits of the parts on Youtube, done quite poorly. Just for this reason, I would like some music.
Ha SLAP's resident libtard and NY pro cocksucker.