Author Topic: f'ing awesome  (Read 14558 times)

vinithebr

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -19
Re: f'ing awesome
« Reply #30 on: February 25, 2023, 10:47:04 AM »
They're still fucking awesome

technically

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2296
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #31 on: February 25, 2023, 01:00:25 PM »
Just cause its bbs doesn't mean the company didn't ask them to cut corners to ship a given amount.

Wow I really don't know how to explain how stupid of a statement this is.

"Oh you guys are backed up on orders and can't make boards for us for awhile? Okay but what if you use less glue and shitty wood?"

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
« Reply #32 on: February 25, 2023, 01:01:50 PM »
Expand Quote
Just cause its bbs doesn't mean the company didn't ask them to cut corners to ship a given amount.
[close]

Wow I really don't know how to explain how stupid of a statement this is.

"Oh you guys are backed up on orders and can't make boards for us for awhile? Okay but what if you use less glue and shitty wood?"

I love this so much.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Pappy Jones

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #33 on: February 25, 2023, 02:10:23 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Adding Bike lock berle, adding Beatrice, losing Tyshawn are 3 missteps in a row.

I’ve broken both a FA and Hockey deck this year over maybe a combined 10 sessions. I do think their boards are lesser quality and to me, it seems like it started during the pandemic.

Hockey team is solid and violet is more exciting than FA right now
[close]

Do you know who makes fa boards? Or do you think dill is pressing them himself?
[close]

These posts are from another universe where everyone is oblivious to the fact that two or three companies produce the vast majority of skateboards.
I work at a shop and always explain this to kids when I hear them say things like “I hate Real boards, they always break on me but Krookeds are the best”

Or the classic “My Quasi board broke in the first week I had it while I was skating down some stairs. Can I get a new board for free?”

Funny to have to explain that a skateboard is a thin piece of wood and if you stomp down on the middle of it it might break.

AsianVegan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #34 on: February 25, 2023, 02:21:53 PM »
917 folding was always gonna be tough on them

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 508
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2023, 02:27:18 PM »
I just hope they don't fuck up Hockey. 

backfliptofiftyfifty

• Rep: -146
  • commitment issues (in life and skating)
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2023, 02:41:48 PM »
the only thing that can save FA is if vincent, sage, sean and KB start skating regularly. and dump berle and beatrice. they need to start getting some cool AMs too

always thought Aidan fit more on Hockey tbh

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2023, 03:09:00 PM »
A brand based around being too cool for skating cannot last forever in the skate world. It had its time, it had its shine, is now becoming a dinosaur. Fa as a legacy brand makes no sense. Dill was right, close shop after 10 years is the best bet for something like this for posterity, even if it's not the best bet for his pockets.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2023, 03:09:54 PM »
Simply don’t buy them & move on. That’s solution focused. Sitting on a FA right now. Lovely boards.

Berle is great, always was. Young people make mistakes & sometimes have to go through a gear crisis & all that. Show me someone who has not. Again, age & identity go hand in hand.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2023, 03:10:33 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Adding Bike lock berle, adding Beatrice, losing Tyshawn are 3 missteps in a row.

I’ve broken both a FA and Hockey deck this year over maybe a combined 10 sessions. I do think their boards are lesser quality and to me, it seems like it started during the pandemic.

[close]

[close]

These posts are from another universe where everyone is oblivious to the fact that two or three companies produce the vast majority of skateboards.

I don’t know or care if FA is producing new decks, but given their super-sale back back in November/December, it would seem like the smart move is to slow down the production of new decks for a while, until a year or two worth of unsold inventory is cleared.
[close]

I felt down right scammed by these old boards, ordered 4, have 1 left and it’s fuckin winter where I am. Old stale frail sale wood.
If these boards were produced back when covid shut everything down, could be true. QC was way down at that time.  Could explain the super sale.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 131
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2023, 03:20:37 PM »
Berle is not a bad skater by any means but his insecurity jumps out of the screen. Watching Cherry, Sage seemed a lot more promising in the future but skating seems to have taken a backseat for him. Still has serious pop. For many of the others, there’s just this awkward vibe.

Louie easily transcends a board sponsor, obviously.

Dante Bichette

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2023, 03:32:24 PM »
Berle is not a bad skater by any means but his insecurity jumps out of the screen. Watching Cherry, Sage seemed a lot more promising in the future but skating seems to have taken a backseat for him. Still has serious pop. For many of the others, there’s just this awkward vibe.

Seriously, it feels like he’s still doing the whole Dylan shtick to prove to everyone “I don’t care” when in reality we all know he wants to untuck those shirts. But on the actual skating aspect dude is fucking gnarly the couple clips he had in the vans video were nice.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

DirtyBurger

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 116
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2023, 03:39:12 PM »
What does everyone think Berle does with his old clothes when he evolves into his new form? Save those donation receipts for tax purposes my dude.

versacekid420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -1267
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2023, 04:00:38 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Seriously, it feels like he’s still doing the whole Dylan shtick to prove to everyone “I don’t care” when in reality we all know he wants to untuck those shirts. But on the actual skating aspect dude is fucking gnarly the couple clips he had in the vans video were nice.
berle in the trunk boyz era was so good and we often forget how young he was. The dude has it and always will, but those dickies choking his nuts restrict him from his full potential. His propeller part is severely underrated

shannamal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
« Reply #44 on: February 25, 2023, 04:18:48 PM »
kb looks fucking fried in that photo hahahaha

i don’t think any of you are real, i think slap was invented by my mom to make me think people want to talk to me

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 107
« Reply #45 on: February 25, 2023, 04:33:25 PM »
Simply don’t buy them & move on. That’s solution focused. Sitting on a FA right now. Lovely boards.

Berle is great, always was. Young people make mistakes & sometimes have to go through a gear crisis & all that. Show me someone who has not. Again, age & identity go hand in hand.

You're right... sometimes people are young and have a gear crisis, and then get older and go from gear crisis to gear crisis, and also act kooky

If you think people hate on Berle today for his teenager years you're really not on the pulse

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 182
« Reply #46 on: February 25, 2023, 05:04:38 PM »
I like current Berle.. skating and fashion.

I think he pulls off the Dylan well.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -113
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #47 on: February 25, 2023, 05:27:32 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You're right... sometimes people are young and have a gear crisis, and then get older and go from gear crisis to gear crisis, and also act kooky

If you think people hate on Berle today for his teenager years you're really not on the pulse

He’s young now. He’s not even 30. I’m aware of his teen years & all that. Again, people go through various changes.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 824
« Reply #48 on: February 25, 2023, 05:39:11 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I don’t know or care if FA is producing new decks, but given their super-sale back back in November/December, it would seem like the smart move is to slow down the production of new decks for a while, until a year or two worth of unsold inventory is cleared.
[close]

I felt down right scammed by these old boards, ordered 4, have 1 left and it’s fuckin winter where I am. Old stale frail sale wood.

Can't wait for your next post about how you're on an antihero now and it's much better wood.

ziggy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -211
« Reply #49 on: February 25, 2023, 05:46:16 PM »
I’m old and what do I know, but their whole image/approach already seems outdated to me

HyperBeam

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -54
« Reply #50 on: February 25, 2023, 05:52:54 PM »
the fall of fa in two words: twink death

Don

• Rep: -31
« Reply #51 on: February 25, 2023, 06:30:06 PM »
Damn you guys are salty

Tireeedd

• Rep: 86
« Reply #52 on: February 25, 2023, 08:07:36 PM »
the fall of fa in two words: twink death

ahahahahahahahahaha

greencurbs

• Rep: -4
« Reply #53 on: February 25, 2023, 09:01:26 PM »
Jason Dill meet n greet with pizza and bouncy house.

Take a photo with the Dill Doll

Buy a curly wig for that photosynthesis dill look

Painting with touzery

Berle dunk tank

Poetry reading and lecture by dill

Kadow food pop up

Coffee and croissant pop up with krod

Poets pop up shop but Gino never shows up

If you’re lucky you can sneak a sip of Andrew Allen’s home made hooch

Make your own class photo deck booth

FA carnival cumming soon that would fix FA

what are we getting from aiden

The Mexican Nancy Chin

• Rep: 117
« Reply #54 on: February 25, 2023, 09:34:44 PM »
I like current Berle.. skating and fashion.

I think he pulls off the Dylan well.
nah that fake steez is atrocious
(14:13, 14:26, etc.)

pointandclick

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 260
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2023, 09:38:48 PM »
hockey>fa

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #56 on: February 25, 2023, 09:43:00 PM »
Expand Quote
Jason Dill meet n greet with pizza and bouncy house.

Take a photo with the Dill Doll

Buy a curly wig for that photosynthesis dill look

Painting with touzery

Berle dunk tank

Poetry reading and lecture by dill

Kadow food pop up

Coffee and croissant pop up with krod

Poets pop up shop but Gino never shows up

If you’re lucky you can sneak a sip of Andrew Allen’s home made hooch

Make your own class photo deck booth

FA carnival cumming soon that would fix FA
[close]

what are we getting from aiden

And the KB entertainment?

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 103
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2023, 09:47:42 PM »
The Skate industry needs a draft. Like what free agents are on the chopping block for FA this year?
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2023, 09:56:47 PM »
Six years ago I broke the tail on a Hockey in less than three min on a flat ground kickflip. Then I  flipped the board around to skate the nose, first kickflip that way and that snapped too. Totally anecdotal but easily the shittiest board I’ve ever skated, taking longer to grip than break. Haven’t and won’t ever support them again.

My feeling is that Hockey is dope but has a terrible name, FA is wack and has a terrible name, and Dill couldn’t be more upriver.
I've wondered if something happens with PS boards when they get to Aus because I've had and seen some others break over some bullshit. I had either an early quasi or mother and was showing a friend how much it flexed when I setup to Ollie so I'd just squat down and stand up again without popping and the fucking thing completely cracked. I'm bigger than the average person but never had this shit happen with any other board. I've seen someone completely crack their tail feeble grinding a little flatbar. Not landing like mid grind it buckled.

Krooked antihero

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2023, 10:08:28 PM »
Expand Quote
Six years ago I broke the tail on a Hockey in less than three min on a flat ground kickflip. Then I  flipped the board around to skate the nose, first kickflip that way and that snapped too. Totally anecdotal but easily the shittiest board I’ve ever skated, taking longer to grip than break. Haven’t and won’t ever support them again.

My feeling is that Hockey is dope but has a terrible name, FA is wack and has a terrible name, and Dill couldn’t be more upriver.
[close]
I've wondered if something happens with PS boards when they get to Aus because I've had and seen some others break over some bullshit. I had either an early quasi or mother and was showing a friend how much it flexed when I setup to Ollie so I'd just squat down and stand up again without popping and the fucking thing completely cracked. I'm bigger than the average person but never had this shit happen with any other board. I've seen someone completely crack their tail feeble grinding a little flatbar. Not landing like mid grind it buckled.
I have a very similar experience dealing with PS wood, every Quasi I’ve had has snapped skating flatground, from the get go they felt too flexy and I’m a small guy myself…I just thought that PS wood don’t like to travel across the pond, I’m living in EU. Their shapes are very nice tho.
europe's like the capitol of england and france and whatever

It sucks getting old.