Author Topic: Andrew Reynolds new balance pro model  (Read 13612 times)

Tom Pearl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
Re: Andrew Reynolds new balance pro model
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2023, 11:23:23 AM »
Damn he's still so good. One of the last pros from the mid 90s that still rip hard. Along with Daewon, Mariano and maybe Rowley. Anyone else?

chico, markovich, henry sanchez

all still really good

Willie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2023, 11:38:26 AM »

Haha!

He’s clearly trying to figure out which NB is closest to the Emerica Reynolds Low on the bottom with the logo blotted out (which was the best shoe ever).

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 788
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2023, 12:02:30 PM »
pretty interesting to consider that the economic gain from THPS allowed skaters the opportunity to live a financially stable enough life in order to do what they do, skateboard, well into older age. along with giving all of these pros visibility therefore fans that would get their pro boards and gear. Nostalgia also drives a lot of our affinity.

nothing's been the since same

sometimeperhaps

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2023, 12:25:28 PM »
The suana and hot tub make sense.
The cold bath tho. Weird thing to own. It's not your typical r&r accessory. Weird flex in general. Is he gearing up for another part?

Cold baths go hand in hand with sauna stuff. Went to an Eastern European bath house with a friend a while back. Doing sauna then a cold plunge/shower is a wild feeling. Feels good though. Same friend converted a chest freezer in his basement into a cold tub.

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2285
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2023, 01:03:08 PM »
Expand Quote
The cold bath tho. Weird thing to own. It's not your typical r&r accessory. Weird flex in general. Is he gearing up for another part?
[close]

Cold baths go hand in hand with sauna stuff. Went to an Eastern European bath house with a friend a while back. Doing sauna then a cold plunge/shower is a wild feeling. Feels good though. Same friend converted a chest freezer in his basement into a cold tub.

Gotta shock the monkey.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2023, 03:18:09 PM »
Making the shift to mountain man influencer?

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2023, 04:30:54 PM »
Making the shift to madness man influencer?
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 246
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2023, 06:18:21 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Haha!

He’s clearly trying to figure out which NB is closest to the Emerica Reynolds Low on the bottom with the logo blotted out (which was the best shoe ever).

Just gotta go to the office and cut some shoes in half, just in case there’s any secret changes they’ve made from the last 50 NB# I chopped open

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 276
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2023, 06:24:48 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Gotta shock the monkey.

I’ll just shove an ice cube up my ass thankuverymich

Roisto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 474
« Reply #39 on: June 06, 2023, 09:54:58 PM »
Dunno what Emerica did to get Reynolds to leave but clearly they fucked up. Seems that what he really wants is his old Emerica shoes no other company is providing that. Now New Balance seems to be trying but I don’t know why Reynolds is there cutting up shoes. Surely they should have some other people in product development.  :o

Ghost Face

• Rep: 118
« Reply #40 on: June 06, 2023, 11:29:00 PM »
Dunno what Emerica did to get Reynolds to leave but clearly they fucked up. Seems that what he really wants is his old Emerica shoes no other company is providing that. Now New Balance seems to be trying but I don’t know why Reynolds is there cutting up shoes. Surely they should have some other people in product development.  :o

He's been doing this for years. It's in the interview where he talks about how he was thinking/going to start his own brand but then talked to NB. He walked in with the box of cut up shoes and started working with them from there.

http://www.villagepsychic.net/blog/andrew-reynolds-new-balance?fbclid=PAAaYk4CjajxdX57kOGRO8dDIX40kMHMD9w0tnD5nNeBfWPOBCXF5R_2mcEr4

"According to Sebastian Palmer of New Balance Numeric, a few months ago Andrew showed up to their office with a garbage bag full of shoes from all different brands cut in half and a lot of questions, specifically about the New Balance Numeric 1010. '

Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

Owen

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
    • My Photos avatar image
« Reply #41 on: June 06, 2023, 11:57:40 PM »
I would be a very happy man if he just copied his later stage G6 Emerica shoe. I stockpiled a bunch when he left but that's long run dry. I've tried a variety of Emerica, Vans and NB shoes and still can't settle on something as comfortable and durable as the G6

Jorts
Anklets
Rat tails
Sling shots
Toe rings
Shuv it tail grabs
Jump ramps

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 52
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2023, 03:22:40 AM »
It better be called the 8055

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 268
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2023, 04:55:40 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Haha!

[close]

Just gotta go to the office and cut some shoes in half, just in case there’s any secret changes they’ve made from the last 50 NB# I chopped open

The fact he probably is using calipers and a protractor to deep dive old shoes will make me buy whatever shoe he comes out with. What a G.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

artskool

• Rep: 34
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2023, 07:20:25 AM »
I still have a pair of those g6 Reynolds, but barely skated them. They always felt too narrow compared to the emericas I was used to. The older ones stretched out too much and got sloppy, but had a perfect zone for a while anyway. I never managed to break in the newer models properly. I have a couple pairs of those Reynolds luxe leather shoes as well in case anybody is fiending.

Idk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 310
« Reply #45 on: June 07, 2023, 07:59:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Haha!

[close]

[close]

The fact he probably is using calipers and a protractor to deep dive old shoes will make me buy whatever shoe he comes out with. What a G.
Can’t he just get all this shown on a computer? And then have a prototype done pretty quick for him to test. This and the interview where he said he sets up a new board every time he skates makes him seem super wasteful.

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 228
« Reply #46 on: June 07, 2023, 09:13:55 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Haha!

[close]

[close]

[close]
Can’t he just get all this shown on a computer? And then have a prototype done pretty quick for him to test. This and the interview where he said he sets up a new board every time he skates makes him seem super wasteful.

I'd guess something just doesn't translate right between just looking at a computer/drawings and talking to the shoe designers. He probably spent years trying to explain what he wants just to get something different back. Physically going at the shoes is definitely caveman style but might help him get his ideas across better.  But hell yea it's a waste and not anything I'd salute him about necessarily

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2285
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #47 on: June 07, 2023, 09:23:02 AM »
"According to Sebastian Palmer of New Balance Numeric, a few months ago Andrew showed up to their office with a garbage bag full of shoes from all different brands cut in half and a lot of questions, specifically about the New Balance Numeric 1010. '

I love that he showed up to a giant shoe company with a bunch of cut off shoes in a fucking garbage bag and got a contract. CAPITAL B IN THA BOSS!

Ghost Face

« Reply #48 on: June 07, 2023, 10:13:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Haha!

[close]

[close]

[close]
[close]

I'd guess something just doesn't translate right between just looking at a computer/drawings and talking to the shoe designers. He probably spent years trying to explain what he wants just to get something different back. Physically going at the shoes is definitely caveman style but might help him get his ideas across better.  But hell yea it's a waste and not anything I'd salute him about necessarily

Also dont think anyone is going to get far when asking Nike/adidas/dc for thier designs and blueprints that they send to the factories.
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1666
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2023, 11:51:01 AM »
I hope his process for creating his next pro model doesn't bleed into his personal life. Deconstructing a shoe to see thickness of materials is one thing, but if he starts cutting open humans to "see how people work," then we've got a big problem on our hands.
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

manysnakes

« Reply #50 on: June 07, 2023, 12:25:19 PM »
I hope his process for creating his next pro model doesn't bleed into his personal life. Deconstructing a shoe to see thickness of materials is one thing, but if he starts cutting open humans to "see how people work," then we've got a big problem on our hands.

Worked for da Vinci..?

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 106
« Reply #51 on: June 07, 2023, 12:50:24 PM »

He doesn't want another person's shoe though, he wants to make his the way he wants it

woat

• Rep: 1
« Reply #52 on: June 07, 2023, 07:41:01 PM »
Shoe he is skating is a NB 480 that is going to be made into a skate version coming out within the 12 months. It's the same shoes that has been coloured over in red on the left hand side of the deconstructed shoes screen grab. I do believe AR has a colour way of that model set to release around the same time they launch that shoe.

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #53 on: June 07, 2023, 07:51:35 PM »
Surprised he hasn’t already had a colour way out yet for NB. Would be sick to get a 1010 boss colourway, similar to Shane/Janoski. Also, why are people surprised he’s going nuts cutting up shoes, do you not remember the ‘madness’. The man knows what he is doing.

Ghost Face

« Reply #54 on: June 07, 2023, 11:25:20 PM »
Surprised he hasn’t already had a colour way out yet for NB. Would be sick to get a 1010 boss colourway, similar to Shane/Janoski. Also, why are people surprised he’s going nuts cutting up shoes, do you not remember the ‘madness’. The man knows what he is doing.

I'd think that starting with a colourway is a dead end street. Once you've got a colourway, there's little chance of a full signature model.

Who's had a colourway and then they're own shoe? Would be interesting.

Coldpizza

• Rep: 168
« Reply #55 on: June 07, 2023, 11:29:40 PM »
Underrated comment haha
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

swanronson

• Rep: -27
« Reply #56 on: June 07, 2023, 11:51:08 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'd think that starting with a colourway is a dead end street. Once you've got a colourway, there's little chance of a full signature model.

Good point. If it doesn’t sell well then no chance for a pro shoe.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 875
« Reply #57 on: June 08, 2023, 12:48:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Franky had some colourways and just got a pro model. Everyone who's had an Adidas pro shoe had colourways first altho they are outnumbered by those who had colourways and didn't then get a pro shoe.

Ghost Face

« Reply #58 on: June 08, 2023, 01:35:28 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]
Franky had some colourways and just got a pro model. Everyone who's had an Adidas pro shoe had colourways first altho they are outnumbered by those who had colourways and didn't then get a pro shoe.

Ok, so it can happen but isn't the norm. Good to know.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 28
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #59 on: June 08, 2023, 02:18:57 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Underrated comment haha
Should be called 805s
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.