Author Topic: Best place to order semi bulk blank decks  (Read 4341 times)

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -158
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Best place to order semi bulk blank decks
« on: May 10, 2023, 06:56:10 AM »
I am tryna print a small batch (10-25 decks)for me and my homies lil brand ting - where should I order blanks from - a lot of the websites that pop up when you look up blanks skateboard decks seem weird
Pic from one of the websites lol
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1073
« Last Edit: May 10, 2023, 11:16:28 AM by TwisT »

bumpnrun

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 44
    • Fairways & Flips avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: Best place to order semi bulk blank decks
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2023, 10:28:27 AM »
the newyorkskateboards link is Chapman.

Ryan Gallant has a blank boards website https://blankchecksupply.com/

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2023, 11:09:37 AM »
Updated the list to add blankcheck, as well as a few other places that sell blanks, but online stores are out of stock.

If you're ordering bulk, shipping is usually can be a pain in the but. The CCS amazon blanks are really good. I actually just ordered a 3 pack again, but I can't confirm who makes them. Also if you order the 10piece it's the best deal at 20ea not including tax. The problem is you can't mix/match sizes and colors. Some of these stores offer free shipping.

The 10-pack of the CCS blems is an even sweeter deal and $180 +Freeshipping. Depending on how you plan on printing the boards

If you're near one of these sellers, I'd also recommend shooting them a DM to see if they can offer free pickup (and possibly a lower bulk price because they don't have to pay the online retail fee & taxes)

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1031
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2023, 11:11:51 PM »

Such a good list too!!!

Does it seem now with almost too many boards on the market, more woodshops / manufacturers are doing their own blanks?

I know some had been offering select product for a while, but others were a bit more seasonal, eg I picked up a number of BBS made blanks a few years ago through a local distro, then of course everything tightened right up but now you can get them again easily enough, direct from the skatesamples.com site.

Also just on that, I was curious about delivery costs to AU from some places and it bumps them up to higher than what I can get boards for locally, just ordering 10 or 20 from some places.

Worth checking with local distributors who might bring in boards too, for anyone doing their own brands and NOT in USA or somewhere close enough to get them from one of the wholesalers / manufacturers.

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2023, 06:43:24 AM »

Damn had no idea gallant was doing his own blanks, the dims sound like something I’d be down with though huge ass nose
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 684
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2023, 07:43:01 AM »

Such a good list too!!!

Does it seem now with almost too many boards on the market, more woodshops / manufacturers are doing their own blanks?

I know some had been offering select product for a while, but others were a bit more seasonal, eg I picked up a number of BBS made blanks a few years ago through a local distro, then of course everything tightened right up but now you can get them again easily enough, direct from the skatesamples.com site.

Also just on that, I was curious about delivery costs to AU from some places and it bumps them up to higher than what I can get boards for locally, just ordering 10 or 20 from some places.

Worth checking with local distributors who might bring in boards too, for anyone doing their own brands and NOT in USA or somewhere close enough to get them from one of the wholesalers / manufacturers.

are all their boards BBS?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2023, 11:33:01 AM »

Such a good list too!!!

there has definitely been an increase in blank deck availability. Particularly buying quality stained blanks is easier now. No more sanding off graphics when you have that blank deck itch.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2023, 04:26:18 PM »

there has definitely been an increase in blank deck availability. Particularly buying quality stained blanks is easier now. No more sanding off graphics when you have that blank deck itch.

It might not be so easy to add where those places get wood, as some do make the boards themselves, while others get whatever in from China or similar.

Eg:

Drifter = make their own

Pennswood = make their own

Legend = make their own

Prime = both make their own but also bring in blanks from China (as listed on their site)

Skatesamples = BBS

Blankchecksupply = Clutch

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2023, 08:39:12 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Expand Quote

[close]

It might not be so easy to add where those places get wood, as some do make the boards themselves, while others get whatever in from China or similar.

Eg:

Drifter = make their own

Pennswood = make their own

Legend = make their own

Prime = both make their own but also bring in blanks from China (as listed on their site)

Skatesamples = BBS

Blankchecksupply = Clutch

Skatesamples uses BBS? They have the pinprick on the front truck like clutch on the website photo for the decks, but maybe that was an old pic I’m interested in tying a bbs blank out
You want some queso?”

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2023, 12:45:04 PM »
I might try this down the line. I am super excited to know that it is an option. From what I can tell, standard BBS Standard shapes just match the WB decimal places with the width, so like 8" = 14" wb, 8.25" = 14.25", 8.5" = 14.5" etc.

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2023, 01:55:31 PM »
Some details on the CCS

Also
CCS Blanks from Amazon, I'm assuming are Dwindle because they're called "resin" Blanks. The Sticker on the bag says it is made in China. I've ridden a few, and they are excellent boards.

I just realized I could have gotten 3 assorted blanks with grip for the same price by ordering directly off of ccs. The CCS Amazon deck link is only cheaper if you buy the 5 or the 10-pack, but since they don't come with grip, you really break even.

if you don't need grip and like a natural deck, then SO far, this is the best-priced single blank deck shipped
(assuming you amazon prime)
https://www.amazon.com/CCS-Blank-Graphic-Skateboard-Decks/dp/B092BB9Q6F?th=1&psc=1

I know this the the "Semi-bulk" thread, but I figured I'd share my research

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2023, 02:51:16 PM »

Such a good list too!!!

I've loaded up my cart from blankchecksupply.com a few times it comes to about 85aud a deck after shipping
That was for like 4 or 5 at once

I'll just keep buying R7's cheap and blanking them out

Sorry skate shops but someone has to buy your sale decks, apologies for going off topic

FGO925

• Rep: 20
« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2023, 04:23:23 PM »
I thought skatesamples were ps stix?

Does anyone sell bbs 8.25/14.38 wheelbase blanks? I’ve never see any blanks (even non bbs) that have those dimensions.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2023, 05:03:09 PM »
Expand Quote

Such a good list too!!!

[close]

I've loaded up my cart from blankchecksupply.com a few times it comes to about 85aud a deck after shipping

Sorry skate shops but someone has to buy your sale decks, apologies for going off topic

https://skatesamples.com/

10 Pack ~ Blank Decks Premium 2 dye

$331.00

Cost summary

Subtotal

$331.00

Shipping

$403.00

Total

AUD
$734.00

Cancelled order....

Was interesting to see anyway.

Tom Pearl

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 202
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2023, 05:46:02 PM »
are chapman blanks worth a shit?

Nth syd bear

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 302
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2023, 06:08:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Such a good list too!!!

[close]

[close]

10 Pack ~ Blank Decks Premium 2 dye

$331.00

Cost summary

Subtotal

$331.00

Shipping

$403.00

Total

AUD
$734.00

Cancelled order....

Was interesting to see anyway.
when shipping is more than the product, nope

The short lived days of "reasonable" shipping prices to Australia are nothing but a memory  :'(

Aquatic Dinosaur

• Rep: 96
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2023, 06:08:54 PM »
I thought skatesamples were ps stix?

Does anyone sell bbs 8.25/14.38 wheelbase blanks? I’ve never see any blanks (even non bbs) that have those dimensions.

Chapman 8.25 have 14.375 wb

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1938
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2023, 02:45:40 AM »
Expand Quote

Such a good list too!!!

[close]

OCD and Surfstitch have regular sales for Dwindle stuff, R7 for $50-ish aint bad. I wonder if they will bother replacing those brands once Enjoi / Almost /Darkstar finally bite the bullet.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

Maccat

• Rep: 78
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2023, 02:52:59 AM »

Checked this out, can anyone speak to the quality of the decks from them?

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2023, 02:58:26 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Such a good list too!!!

[close]

[close]

OCD and Surfstitch have regular sales for Dwindle stuff, R7 for $50-ish aint bad. I wonder if they will bother replacing those brands once Enjoi / Almost /Darkstar finally bite the bullet.

And almost every other shop who has a sizeable stock of Dwindle boards, but the supply of those brands was pushed so hard and wholesale cost of them were often so low compared to any other distributors board brands, so it is no wonder that there were so many of them out there.

Yeah it will be interesting to see if there is a hole in the market, or someone else steps in to fill that space with similar quality and priced boards, but it would seem a lot of the other blanks or quick fix brands that come and go are increasingly on cheaper wood from China that just doesn't hold up, so not from Dwindle or any of the better woodshops, from looking at those boards in some shops, or that people are trying to sell here and there.

I also feel like a lot of those places are not so keen on blanks, certainly not like shops used to have a whole lot of blank boards for when people couldn't afford a pro board.  Maybe too because heat transfers have become so much cheaper and easier to do, more places are doing their own graphics so will not sell blanks at all anymore.

Mbrimson88

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2023, 03:08:58 AM »

Skatesamples uses BBS? They have the pinprick on the front truck like clutch on the website photo for the decks, but maybe that was an old pic I’m interested in tying a bbs blank out

I had meant to reply to this earlier but got distracted.

They list them as "Generator Skateboard Distribution samples", on the main page in the header logo pic.

Generator Distribution is the shop board (blank) option from BBS, so although they are not the exact same boards as DLX or any other top pro brand out of BBS, they are made in the same place and are very similar in quality and feel of concave, so from riding a number of the Generator shop boards from a local shop here in AU, they skate great and if you like BBS, then they will work for you.

The shapes are generic so again, not quite the same as DLX or other pro brands, but they all seem like they are good with proportions and they work, eg normal wheelbase, normal round kicks, not pointed, not full, etc.

The sizes I have had or seen include 8.25, 8.38 and 8.5 info as below (but could be different in the new stock):

Width : 8.125"
Length : 32"
Wheelbase : 14.25"

Width : 8.25"

Width : 8.375"
Wheelbase : 14.375"

Width : 8.5"
Length : 32.3"
Wheelbase : 14.5"

switchfakie

« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2023, 08:45:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

They list them as "Generator Skateboard Distribution samples", on the main page in the header logo pic.

Generator Distribution is the shop board (blank) option from BBS, so although they are not the exact same boards as DLX or any other top pro brand out of BBS, they are made in the same place and are very similar in quality and feel of concave, so from riding a number of the Generator shop boards from a local shop here in AU, they skate great and if you like BBS, then they will work for you.

The shapes are generic so again, not quite the same as DLX or other pro brands, but they all seem like they are good with proportions and they work, eg normal wheelbase, normal round kicks, not pointed, not full, etc.

The sizes I have had or seen include 8.25, 8.38 and 8.5 info as below (but could be different in the new stock):

holy fuck im salivating

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2023, 08:54:38 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Appreciate this Brimson, you the real G
You want some queso?”

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2208
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2023, 12:06:32 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

This guy Brimmo: always coming through w/ the 📠.
I appreciate you, Brimson.
Thanks a-plenty.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2023, 12:25:29 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]
This guy Brimmo: always coming through w/ the 📠.
I appreciate you, Brimson.
Thanks a-plenty.
Yes thank u - about to pull trigger on 10 8.3s from skate samples
waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1396
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2023, 02:34:40 PM »
Local shop here uses generator for shop decks and they’re great BBS quality wood for $42 USD. 
Well-defined ambiguity, I'm already on somebody's list as a casualty

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: May 16, 2023, 06:34:55 AM »

20$ blanks no minimum
Via drifter

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
« Reply #29 on: May 16, 2023, 06:43:45 AM »
I am looking at the Shape boards on skatesamples.com

does anyone know what these translate to:
GS3
GS5
GS6

I discovered these two:

GS8 = (Old school)
GFB = (Football board, almost like Franky's but symetrical nose/tail)

There is an image on the site and it looks to be as if it is all of those shape boards lined up in a row. Because the GFB and GS8 seem to match up to those images in the lineup. They look to be smaller old school shapes.