Author Topic: Budget Cuts: Who would you fire from which teams?  (Read 8315 times)

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1391
Re: Budget Cuts: Who would you fire from which teams?
« Reply #30 on: May 29, 2023, 01:26:40 PM »
Santiago sasson - you're bad at skating, have bad style and terrible trick selection. Get a job.

Haha who the hell is this

ziggy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -213
« Reply #31 on: May 29, 2023, 03:53:10 PM »
anybody over 35

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: May 29, 2023, 04:18:26 PM »
anybody over 35

This but slightly modified. The majority of skaters over 35.

Also, I'd prefer to retire a few companies. Let them die already and let the younger dudes start companies that aren't re-hashing the same old shit.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Baglady

• Rep: -202
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: May 29, 2023, 04:24:57 PM »
Luke Malaney from traffic skateboards. Visited San Antonio and dissed my homie Drake while he showed old clips. Here’s a quote straight from website. Dude is washed clearly. If you see this Luke, come see me again jersey boy.

While Malaney comes close to pulling off the impossible, he can never quite get it. Stewart estimates he's landed about 20 times, but he "just hits the ground like a sack of potatoes" upon impact. Malaney and Stewart have been at the same spot for almost four hours trying to get a clip that will live for only a couple of seconds in a 40-minute long video, and they have nothing to show for it by the day's end. Malaney, drenched in sweat, can't help but display his frustration.

skate_or_dingus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
« Reply #34 on: May 29, 2023, 06:38:40 PM »
Expand Quote
Santiago sasson - you're bad at skating, have bad style and terrible trick selection. Get a job.
[close]

I think he makes hair or something.

borntoexpire

• Rep: 6
« Reply #35 on: May 30, 2023, 06:10:53 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

looking this guy up and the first clip i see is a back board on a ledge. straight to jail.

trolli

• Rep: 36
« Reply #36 on: May 30, 2023, 06:29:40 AM »
If anyone in charge at Crail had integrity they’d stop selling Carroll, Rick, KA, Crob, Jeron, Eldridge, Raven and Brophy boards.

“Oh but there’s still demand!  Their names still sell boards!”

Yeah, because you delusional gatekeeping assholes do a piss poor job of representing and promoting your currently active and ripping skaters.  Instead you provide a free meal ticket to has-beens who refuse to grow up and get real jobs like most well-adjusted adults their age.

Nonsense, Check the Girl and Chocolate websites for a reality check.

And…
Stop selling Carroll and Rick boards?
The CEO's of Crail would like a word with you.

Please focus your account.

JeremyScottofChapman

• Rep: -22
« Reply #37 on: May 30, 2023, 06:36:45 AM »
Luke Malaney from traffic skateboards. Visited San Antonio and dissed my homie Drake while he showed old clips. Here’s a quote straight from website. Dude is washed clearly. If you see this Luke, come see me again jersey boy.

While Malaney comes close to pulling off the impossible, he can never quite get it. Stewart estimates he's landed about 20 times, but he "just hits the ground like a sack of potatoes" upon impact. Malaney and Stewart have been at the same spot for almost four hours trying to get a clip that will live for only a couple of seconds in a 40-minute long video, and they have nothing to show for it by the day's end. Malaney, drenched in sweat, can't help but display his frustration.

Sorry your lil homie Drake's footage sucked.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 702
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #38 on: May 30, 2023, 06:53:20 AM »
I think maybe it would have been better if Girl started a new brand after Fully Flared or possibly even Pretty Sweet. IMO Mike Mo / Malto / Corey Kennedy,  was the last riders I felt really "part of the squad" because now the age gap between the legacy pros + the new guys is old enough they could be their kids. So they can keep milking it, but then also give the new guys their own brand under Crail to make their own video. Vincent Alvarez, Carl Aikens, Niels Bennet, Griffin Gass, Rowan Davis, Erik Herrerra, Breezy is definitely enough to be their own team...

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: May 30, 2023, 07:06:20 AM »
If they just skated I think a lot of people would change their minds. I would be stoked if rick or mike put out a part of their every day skating.
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #40 on: May 30, 2023, 08:05:11 AM »
Expand Quote
If anyone in charge at Crail had integrity they’d stop selling Carroll, Rick, KA, Crob, Jeron, Eldridge, Raven and Brophy boards.

Yeah, because you delusional gatekeeping assholes do a piss poor job of representing and promoting your currently active and ripping skaters.  Instead you provide a free meal ticket to has-beens who refuse to grow up and get real jobs like most well-adjusted adults their age.
[close]

And…

I checked their website.  They’ve still slept on way too many amazing skaters to be made up for by giving Carl and Erik boards.  That was uncharacteristically smart of them.  Also, thanks for helping to reinforce my point.. it’s pretty pathetic that two “CEOs” who haven’t filmed shit in years still give themselves boards, when they no longer need the royalties or exposure. 

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -75
« Reply #41 on: May 30, 2023, 08:08:09 AM »
Wade Desprimitivo

You mean the guy who opened their latest video with a 4 minute part full of fucking insane, flawlessly executed tech tricks and not a single tic-tac in the whole part? That Wade?

Yeah fuck that guy, definitely fire him...

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #42 on: May 30, 2023, 08:10:52 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

And…

[close]

I checked their website.  They’ve still slept on way too many amazing skaters to be made up for by giving Carl and Erik boards.  That was uncharacteristically smart of them.  Also, thanks for helping to reinforce my point.. it’s pretty pathetic that two “CEOs” who haven’t filmed shit in years still give themselves boards, when they no longer need the royalties or exposure.
I think it was on Cardiels Epicly Laterd when they were talking about John always having a board out, the idea was that Muhammad Ali always should have his name in boxing it doesn't matter if its been 50 years.  Same with Rickk & Carroll, they will always be Girl. 

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 527
« Reply #43 on: May 30, 2023, 08:25:23 AM »
There’s a big difference between John always having a board because he got run over and disabled on his sponsor’s trip, and two company owners giving themselves boards for years after they’ve stopped trying to skate professionally.  If some other company wanted to put out models for them in perpetuity that’s fine, but you don’t get to hang your own jersey in the rafters.

trolli

• Rep: 36
« Reply #44 on: May 30, 2023, 08:47:55 AM »
There’s a big difference between John always having a board because he got run over and disabled on his sponsor’s trip, and two company owners giving themselves boards for years after they’ve stopped trying to skate professionally.  If some other company wanted to put out models for them in perpetuity that’s fine, but you don’t get to hang your own jersey in the rafters.

I don’t think Mike and Rick having a pro board hurt the company economically more likely generating sales to the company.

jorge

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -100
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2023, 08:49:59 AM »
The skateboard community universally agrees that Rickk and Mike belong in the rafters.

WorldsbestWeedsm0ker

• Rep: -158
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2023, 09:09:13 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
The skateboard community universally agrees that Rickk and Mike belong in the rafters.
Yeah no one buys there boards anyways! Oh wait…
This is almost like saying krooked should stop making gonz boards because he doesn’t produce legit parts anymore

waved and warped
RIP fugluk (Tristan)

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2023, 10:05:27 AM »
Nike needs to stop pushing Jordans, the dude hasn't played one single goddamn game in 20 years. IRRELEVANT.
While we're at it, Converse needs to stop using Chuck Taylor's name, fucker hasn't sank a 3-pointer since 1922.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3383
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2023, 10:27:41 AM »
Fucking Awesome: I'd cut every rider EXCEPT Beatrice and then rename the company Handsome Girl Modeling School

RichardBarkley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -766
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2023, 10:35:27 AM »

What the fuck are you on about
I want to fight you so badly richard
Please give me your address ill make it my life goal to punsh your face in

BurgerCop

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2023, 10:46:14 AM »
Fucking Awesome: I'd cut every rider EXCEPT Beatrice and then rename the company Handsome Girl Modeling School

Thanks for reminding me about that album, I know what I'm listening to for the next few days.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: May 30, 2023, 11:06:06 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks for reminding me about that album, I know what I'm listening to for the next few days.

Right? Amazing stuff!

Baglady

« Reply #52 on: May 30, 2023, 01:35:36 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I swear some of y’all are so funny.
Where’s your footy pussy

Lowcalcium

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -101
« Reply #53 on: May 30, 2023, 01:43:07 PM »
Every pro gets cut on the same day.....immediately every individual pro starts their own board brand. Fin.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #54 on: May 30, 2023, 01:58:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Where’s your footy pussy

All my footage is on onlyfans but it pussy broke.

Baglady

« Reply #55 on: May 30, 2023, 03:29:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Where’s your footy pussy
[close]

im aware, gay

GAY

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #56 on: May 30, 2023, 03:41:54 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Where’s your footy pussy
[close]

[close]
im aware, gay

hahaha this is a fantastic response to my stupid post.

goodatmeth

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 631
« Reply #57 on: May 30, 2023, 03:59:54 PM »
Monster energy: Drop half the team of nobodies and give Nyjah a signature drink.
What would it taste like?
Who will actually be the first skater with a signature energy drink and how the hell does Tony Hawk not already have one? Seems like he'd say yes to whatever gets him more money at this point.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 269
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #58 on: May 30, 2023, 04:04:16 PM »

It’s called an impossible for a reason.
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

minilogoflow

• Rep: 86
« Reply #59 on: May 30, 2023, 04:08:46 PM »
Monster energy: Drop half the team of nobodies and give Nyjah a signature drink.
What would it taste like?

Roofies