Author Topic: Opteka Glass loose  (Read 215 times)

Light

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 4
Opteka Glass loose
« on: July 29, 2023, 12:51:52 AM »
Got ahold of an Opteka Fisheye lens the 62mm version and the glass isn't secure inside the frame (Rattles and you can literally spin the glass around with some force applied)

Anybody ever had this or have any ideas on how to fix? It seems like the front ring needs pressure to secure it as then it stops rattling, could I try seal the ring with an epoxy or add new screws without breaking the lens?

Jordan Wiens

• Rep: 49
  • @wardenjeans
    • portfolio avatar image
Re: Opteka Glass loose
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2023, 10:59:05 AM »
are there two holes around the outside of the front kf the lens? u can put things in there and spin it to tighten
youtube.com/wardenjeans
twitch.tv/wardenjeans

CHONGO

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 31
    • tumblr avatar image
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2023, 04:30:20 PM »
Got ahold of an Opteka Fisheye lens the 62mm version and the glass isn't secure inside the frame (Rattles and you can literally spin the glass around with some force applied)

Anybody ever had this or have any ideas on how to fix? It seems like the front ring needs pressure to secure it as then it stops rattling, could I try seal the ring with an epoxy or add new screws without breaking the lens?

Like the other dude said, if it has 2 small holes just take a small screw driver and tighten them

Light

• Rep: 4
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2023, 01:16:50 AM »
So turns out the ring that holds the lens in place had popped off the threads and so I had to pop it out a bit and then screw it back down with some force like you suggested, seems to have done the trick! Thanks   ;D
« Last Edit: July 30, 2023, 02:27:53 AM by Light »