Author Topic: FA cornball activity  (Read 9582 times)

WPG

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -4
Re: FA cornball activity
« Reply #30 on: September 28, 2023, 10:57:34 AM »
To play Dill's devils advocate

The Deck might have money going to the Foundation, I can't tell from the site but it might be his foundations logo above the FA logo on the front bolts. (Foundation logo is a different signature to the main one on the topsheet)

His portrait deck no longer says proceeds go to his foundation but in the past it did so maybe they just aren't putting it on the F.A. site anymore (Dumb if true)
Muska, Chillin Chillin
Well I have like 9 Andy Anderson flight decks

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1132
« Reply #31 on: September 28, 2023, 11:00:45 AM »
Expand Quote
I had a moment awhile back. I knew I was getting old/am old.

There were some teens skating the indoor last winter. one of them had on oversized baggy FA sweatpants, with the Fucking Awesome logo printed all over them, and I think they were yellow?

It was the goofiest looking shit I'd seen in a long while.

But...the cycle continues I suppose.
[close]

the krew TK hoodie for this generation

hey hey hey! When I was 19 and wore this hoodie, I was cool. Kids these days are bad! Why don't they just dress like I did when I was 19?

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #32 on: September 28, 2023, 11:41:06 AM »
I still want that TK hoodie and I’m about to be 33
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33 on: September 28, 2023, 12:15:54 PM »
Expand Quote
If Reynolds did it everyone would love it. He’s a respectable child/minority talent exploiting ex drug addict dammit!
[close]

Hey at least he still skates

When I read this I thought "didn't Dill get a cover a few years ago?" I checked and it was in 2011

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 100
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2023, 12:37:28 PM »
FA is far from my favorite company but sometimes I feel like the hate is reaching. Lord knows I have my opinion on the incorrect dash snow critiques but that’s mostly cause I think dash snow was bullshit (with all due respect to the fact that he’s dead).

Don’t get me wrong FA is ten years old and not nearly as fresh. I’m sure they’ll become another zero/girl/etc. legacy brand. That being said saying that they’re stealing from comics being kook behavior seems odd. Quite a few companies have lifted comic art going back to the 90s. I mean there’s the very recent Fred gall metal reissue Swamp Thing deck.

What I’m getting at is I feel like in one sense FA is toast as far as being on top but I genuinely think if they keep it stable they could continue as a smaller/medium sized brand. I still think as a sub genre of skating they contribute something cool and their videos are rad. Also my friend gave me an FA beanie last year and if it wasn’t lime green it would have been the best beanie I’ve ever owned.

I guess im saying if I think of the lasting brands in skating FA being around for a while longer albeit a little smaller scale seems cooler to me than plan b. Also if FA isn’t cool anymore it means my old ass can buy another FA beanie and not worry about being an old person trying to look cool :), I can just be old and out of touch. So actually keep up the hate for the sake of my dumb head

Baglady

• Rep: -202
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2023, 03:23:48 PM »
FA is far from my favorite company but sometimes I feel like the hate is reaching. Lord knows I have my opinion on the incorrect dash snow critiques but that’s mostly cause I think dash snow was bullshit (with all due respect to the fact that he’s dead).

Don’t get me wrong FA is ten years old and not nearly as fresh. I’m sure they’ll become another zero/girl/etc. legacy brand. That being said saying that they’re stealing from comics being kook behavior seems odd. Quite a few companies have lifted comic art going back to the 90s. I mean there’s the very recent Fred gall metal reissue Swamp Thing deck.

What I’m getting at is I feel like in one sense FA is toast as far as being on top but I genuinely think if they keep it stable they could continue as a smaller/medium sized brand. I still think as a sub genre of skating they contribute something cool and their videos are rad. Also my friend gave me an FA beanie last year and if it wasn’t lime green it would have been the best beanie I’ve ever owned.

I guess im saying if I think of the lasting brands in skating FA being around for a while longer albeit a little smaller scale seems cooler to me than plan b. Also if FA isn’t cool anymore it means my old ass can buy another FA beanie and not worry about being an old person trying to look cool :), I can just be old and out of touch. So actually keep up the hate for the sake of my dumb head

Preach.
I’m 32 and love FA and hockey.
I understand both sides. I to can’t help but judge their ethics and the general influence they abuse when drug use is sometimes the focal point. On the other hand all bloard brands are subject to these types of criticisms and it’s what makes our culture special.

It’s with this mindset that I can separate the art from the artist.

I can watch NXT wrestling and completely disregard Shawn Michaels influence on the show.

Dills influence on FA and Hockey is probably limited as it’s not him who is doing the skating. The driving force is in my opinion the Guys/gals on the team. I could be wrong, but this is what I choose to believe to be the situation.

It must stink having the mindset of overly critical consumer, as all these bloard brands are compromised in particular ways. What do you skate when you think this way?

Ignorance is bliss in this case. Why would I dwell on Dillards personal going on’s when I’m too busy doing flat gap 50-50’s like K-rod. Taking pride in being a heelflip guy like Sage. Or being content with my aging shell like Andrew Allen.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 789
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #36 on: September 28, 2023, 05:01:52 PM »

nothing's been the since same

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 270
« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2023, 05:44:15 PM »
The Mild Bunch
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 112
« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2023, 05:52:37 PM »
my friend dm'd (like a man) Paul Kirchner and he responded saying FA are paying him

apply today

• Rep: 6
« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2023, 05:56:36 PM »
thank you shortys hardware's friend

Mike Oxwelling

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #40 on: September 28, 2023, 06:49:49 PM »
Its from High Times.   He likes his weed.  Probably liked the image.   

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -114
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2023, 07:16:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Preach.
I’m 32 and love FA and hockey.
I understand both sides. I to can’t help but judge their ethics and the general influence they abuse when drug use is sometimes the focal point. On the other hand all bloard brands are subject to these types of criticisms and it’s what makes our culture special.

It’s with this mindset that I can separate the art from the artist.

I can watch NXT wrestling and completely disregard Shawn Michaels influence on the show.

Dills influence on FA and Hockey is probably limited as it’s not him who is doing the skating. The driving force is in my opinion the Guys/gals on the team. I could be wrong, but this is what I choose to believe to be the situation.

It must stink having the mindset of overly critical consumer, as all these bloard brands are compromised in particular ways. What do you skate when you think this way?

Ignorance is bliss in this case. Why would I dwell on Dillards personal going on’s when I’m too busy doing flat gap 50-50’s like K-rod. Taking pride in being a heelflip guy like Sage. Or being content with my aging shell like Andrew Allen.

Well said! I too love Hockey & FA. I think it’s funny that a large amount of energy goes into hating FA or calling them. For what reason? Ignore them, don’t buy the boards & move on. I’ll keep buying em. Negative attention is a thing though.

Also @Baglady get over to the wrestling thread. Huge wrestling fan over here. NXT No Mercy will be a mighty fine event. Dragunov would ride a Hockey board without a doubt. Him & Kadow would be pals.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 51
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2023, 07:29:07 PM »
On a side note this run of FA boards is garbanzo. Hockey should really be selling more than FA, their art direction is 10x better. Also shoutout to BD for her graphic selling out before Louie/Sage. I may not like it but gotta respect it.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

nicotinewheel

• Rep: -76
« Reply #43 on: September 28, 2023, 07:52:45 PM »
It’s all up front-there’s a bad swear right in the name.

if you can’t handle that, maybe this ain’t for you

prisoner223

« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2023, 08:59:03 PM »
This thread made me realise I didn't know what current FA looks like. Went on to Supply store and saw this in the brand bio...

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 350
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #45 on: September 28, 2023, 09:40:45 PM »
This thread made me realise I didn't know what current FA looks like. Went on to Supply store and saw this in the brand bio...

lol I have a hard time believing that whoever wrote this wasn't joking

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

leafman4000

• Rep: 29
« Reply #46 on: September 28, 2023, 10:06:01 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

tbh that does kind of sound like something that dill would pay someone else to write about FA on FA's website
I thought skaters were tough and got laid. Way off

Shtonk

• Rep: -483
« Reply #47 on: September 28, 2023, 10:58:41 PM »
Would be very interested to hear why exactly some of you old heads love FA. Something tells me it's a youth fetish disguised as skate coreism but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

prisoner223

« Reply #48 on: September 28, 2023, 11:45:35 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

tbh that does kind of sound like something that dill would pay someone else to write about FA on FA's website

I wish it was a joke but considering it also includes this quote from Dill, 'I constantly shoot myself in the foot from a business standpoint actually because I make it for sale but at the same time I don't want you to have it. It's a bit of a personality disorder company,' I don't think it is.

Baglady

« Reply #49 on: September 29, 2023, 05:21:11 AM »
Would be very interested to hear why exactly some of you old heads love FA. Something tells me it's a youth fetish disguised as skate coreism but I'm happy to be proven wrong.

Depends? 25 and up are old heads? Also, what tells you it may be a “youth fetish”?

Here’s a question for your question. Why does today’s generation polarize folks sexual preferences?

That’s even weirder, sitting and contemplating these thoughts you’re displaying.

Baglady

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2023, 06:01:16 AM »

Depends? 25 and up are old heads? Also, what tells you it may be a “youth fetish”?

Here’s a question for your question. Why does the new generation polarize sexual preference?
Young heads I’d say, like to make up words to support their beliefs. “Coreism”? How many “isms” you live by dawg?

I’d say it’s nothing to do with being “core” for me. But more so the aesthetic, the skating. Takes me back. Sick of polished skating, ledge dancing and riding away with fake style. I grew up on ZERO and Deathwish. The old spirit that Cardiel displayed where you just don’t give a shit, it’s a make or die situation.

You seen Diego Todd skate? Only thing that makes my old horny ass wanna do is replicate that energy some how!

Open your mind and step out of horny jail.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2023, 06:40:30 AM »
Dill’s goofy ass at it again with his typical kook shit. Blatantly stealing a comic artists work with no intention of paying them. Literal copy and paste shit too. And dropping the Dylan photo board with no intention of donating the proceeds to the foundation. Just trying to line his pockets off Dylan’s name.

https://faworldentertainment.com/products/dylan-rieder-photo

Ahh, I knew I’ve seen that image somewhere before.

Looks like he’s getting more hate the comments lately.

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

manysnakes

« Reply #52 on: September 29, 2023, 06:52:38 AM »
People writing essays about their opinions regarding FA, but none of the ink spilled addresses the fact that Dill and FA are, in fact, extremely corny.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3383
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #53 on: September 29, 2023, 06:56:30 AM »
People writing essays about their opinions regarding FA, but none of the ink spilled addresses the fact that Dill and FA are, in fact, extremely corny.

Yeah there is literally zero intellectual effort needed in the simple act of recognition that Dill brands are garbage.

KGB

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -461
« Reply #54 on: September 29, 2023, 07:02:31 AM »

See first comment posted above  ;)

"Armed with seven rounds of space doo-doo pistols"

Ricky Vaughn

• Rep: 270
« Reply #55 on: September 29, 2023, 08:24:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

fr
Tell the world to eat my dick
I’m a prick motherfucker
Life Hell Tough shit
I’m the bic motherfucker

formula420

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 91
« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2023, 08:32:27 AM »

I legitimately like the shovel nose shapes.  I only skate fa and quasi (whatever the shop has that day) purely based on shape.

Star Whores Episode I: The Fellatio Menace

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 231
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #57 on: September 29, 2023, 08:41:13 AM »
Expand Quote
I’ve definitely never seen a brand copy and paste artwork/photos before this is big news.
[close]

Yup, but I think the issue is whether it’s altered in anyway or just a cut and paste job.   Andrew Allen has a famous sweet heart of the rodeo deck out and they changed it by putting her on a crucifix (for some reason)

FA's whole style guide is based around cut and paste photo collages a la Dash Snow. It's a fine line because they're naturally going to use someone else's work, because the artistic novelty is in how they reimagine it.

That said, the scorpion thing goes over the line.
if post- retirement duke nukem bagged that azz i have a chance too

Baglady

« Reply #58 on: September 29, 2023, 08:49:51 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Yeah there is literally zero intellectual effort needed in the simple act of recognition that Dill brands are garbage.

There should be a thread on what some people think is “non-corny”. It seems if you are a person in the general public view they are subjected to being kooked.

The hate in FA’s comments is a reflection of todays mob mentality. The fear of not fitting in and conforming to todays daily hate train. Hell, everytime I open up this website FA is at the top of discussion. Any and all IG comments I assume, is mostly filled to brim of an either love it or hate it all the way kind of prerogative. GAY, I’m sure if you wore FA product it wouldn’t look right, so I understand.

Democratic Republic Of Mongo

• Rep: 130
« Reply #59 on: September 29, 2023, 09:02:22 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I legitimately like the shovel nose shapes.  I only skate fa and quasi (whatever the shop has that day) purely based on shape.

As long as those shapes don’t have an embarrassing graphic, I shall skate it. Only the class photos and a couple others here and there are really that bad. Hockey is much cooler, even if you’re old.