Author Topic: Ethan Fowler 1994/1995  (Read 1147 times)

Bill Salt

Ethan Fowler 1994/1995
« on: November 05, 2023, 05:12:51 AM »
Hi there,
despretately seeking one deck I had.It was a Ethan Fowler from Strereo.It had some mexican hat drawn with a naive style.Color of the primer was yellow and pink.I am looking for at least a photo of it.I checked in CCS catalogues from 1994/5 with no results...
thanks

LewFarrell

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 140
Re: Ethan Fowler 1994/1995
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2023, 06:56:13 AM »
Any of these look familiar?

j....soy.....

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1580
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2023, 12:34:20 PM »
where does this desperation come from?

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 01:34:36 PM »
Not certain why anyone would be 'desperate' for a wall hanger deck, whomever the pro is.

Are you going to have a mental breakdown & start crying every time you think about not having this particular deck... that would be 'desperation'

and if you're that 'desperate' for a wall hanger deck.... you may want to reconsider your priorities in life.

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2023, 02:00:40 PM »
Not certain why anyone would be 'desperate' for a wall hanger deck, whomever the pro is.

Are you going to have a mental breakdown & start crying every time you think about not having this particular deck... that would be 'desperation'

and if you're that 'desperate' for a wall hanger deck.... you may want to reconsider your priorities in life.

Dam who hurt you?

Watson

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2239
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2023, 03:02:28 PM »

I think people just sometimes use that word as an indication of how much they would like something. Usually doesn't mean they are actually desperate for it. Language is funny like that huh?

Mbrimson88

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1030
  • Just another skate shop guy
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2023, 03:48:17 PM »
Hi there,
despretately seeking one deck I had.It was a Ethan Fowler from Strereo.It had some mexican hat drawn with a naive style.Color of the primer was yellow and pink.I am looking for at least a photo of it.I checked in CCS catalogues from 1994/5 with no results...
thanks

I feel like this board has been asked for before, with mixed results.

The last time, it ended up being a similar one to the Carl Shipman 1994 Ten Gallon Hat deck, maybe same series but no one came up with a pic, which is shown on Art of Skateboarding, which is free to join and then view, link here:

http://www.artofskateboarding.com/Pg/aos_pg_detail.asp?prod_id=18489

All the other info fits, same time period, same brand, different rider, so they could have done a "hats" series graphic run with that one not really showing up anywhere, or at least not easy to find.

I also get why people want to find certain decks, be it a specific time in their life, something that happened around that time, just a good skate or whatever, but I also enjoy the fact that if I can get a picture of a board, it is a whole lot cheaper and not half as much trouble as getting the deck itself.

Almost all the boards I had growing up from 80s through 90s and 00s were better in my memory than in person, but that doesn't diminish any interest in seeing them again, be it in pics in magazines or catalogs, or even in person if given the chance.

Good luck with your search anyway!

I talk too much about skateboards.  Sorry.

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 771
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2023, 04:12:24 PM »
where does this desperation come from?
When you turn on the Strereo

nothing's been the since same

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 37
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2023, 09:28:53 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dam who hurt you?
My guess is Ethan Fowler.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

Mick

• Rep: 25
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2023, 02:47:04 AM »

Completely unnecessary reply. It costs nothing to refrain from being this negative.

Bill Salt

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2023, 03:05:10 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]
Completely unnecessary reply. It costs nothing to refrain from being this negative.
Yeah well, some guys need to express their hatred.I was just asking for help to track down a deck that meant to me in the past cause a friend of mine who passed away gave it to me...
« Last Edit: November 06, 2023, 03:18:39 AM by Bill Salt »

Bill Salt

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2023, 03:08:21 AM »

Looks like it could be the second row left one but in diff colors.Thanks dude!
Too bad we can't see details but looks pretty much it:)

Bill Salt

« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2023, 03:10:34 AM »

Thanks for the advice my friend;)

RossDailey

• Rep: -54
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2023, 08:54:52 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Dam who hurt you?

People who don't know how to use words correctly, it annoys the hell out of me.

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 848
« Reply #14 on: November 06, 2023, 09:45:05 PM »

That Mondrian themed board is amazing. I didn't know I needed an Ethan Fowler wall hanger until about 30 seconds ago. Those are the graphics I love but I feel like they aren't collectible, so I'm sure it'll be hopeless to find one.

Bill Salt

« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2023, 10:20:10 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

That Mondrian themed board is amazing. I didn't know I needed an Ethan Fowler wall hanger until about 30 seconds ago. Those are the graphics I love but I feel like they aren't collectible, so I'm sure it'll be hopeless to find one.
Pretty dope indeed, remember I that one.

Bill Salt

« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2023, 11:45:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Dam who hurt you?
[close]

Theme For A Jackal

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 104
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2023, 06:43:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Dam who hurt you?
[close]

lol shut up