Author Topic: Berries of the Berries  (Read 8541 times)

ShyLow

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 57
Berries of the Berries
« on: November 11, 2023, 07:29:43 PM »
At the beginning of the BATB livestream Berra and Koston announced this would be the last BATB at the current park. Then they played a commercial selling pieces of concrete from the park when they demo it. Word is they can't afford the current space anymore and are looking to move somewhere they can afford. End of an era.

Plan9Customs

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 550
Re: Berries of the Berries
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2023, 07:38:37 PM »
Shouldn’t Xenu be helping with the bills?

Terminal

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2023, 07:46:25 PM »
For some reason I reckon Xenu would've had a fat fakie kickflip. Off big stuff like Wallenberg too..

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 66
  • energy vampire
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2023, 07:47:06 PM »
He’s still whining about getting hate online while being the fucking ref.

Fuck Borra.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2023, 08:47:48 PM »
At the beginning of the BATB livestream Berra and Koston announced this would be the last BATB at the current park. Then they played a commercial selling pieces of concrete from the park when they demo it. Word is they can't afford the current space anymore and are looking to move somewhere they can afford. End of an era.

Koston and Berra in the running for KOTY with this one.  Tricking children into paying for absolute trash just seems like pretty predatory behavior.  I suppose Mike Mo is behind it as well, but those two seem just entirely without shame at this point.

Possibly even more wack than the blood splattered Gator boards Select Skateshop put out for Halloween.

JugeL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2023, 10:46:45 PM »
I would like to buy some of the Berrics asbestos please

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 874
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2023, 12:11:07 AM »
Berries was never my thing so could be wrong but could make sense if they built more of a street course that they could have comps at. Become a regular stop for sls or xgames etc or west coast Tampa rival, especially if being funded by cariuma

lurkluke

• Rep: 199
« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2023, 12:54:00 AM »
Berries was never my thing so could be wrong but could make sense if they built more of a street course that they could have comps at. Become a regular stop for sls or xgames etc or west coast Tampa rival, especially if being funded by cariuma

Absolutely would be the obvious thing. Sls x BatB the day before etc.

It sounds like they're broke and don't have a new spot yet tho.

sid vicious

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 67
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2023, 12:56:17 AM »
These guys aren’t stupid, most likely they are looking to sell the building and move to a cheaper real estate location to re-flip in another 10 yrs

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 524
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2023, 01:41:24 AM »
He’s still whining about getting hate online while being the fucking ref.

Fuck Borra.

I didn't watch this live, and skipped Borra's waffling. What he say?
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 812
« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2023, 02:03:46 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Koston and Berra in the running for KOTY with this one.  Tricking children into paying for absolute trash just seems like pretty predatory behavior.  I suppose Mike Mo is behind it as well, but those two seem just entirely without shame at this point.

Possibly even more wack than the blood splattered Gator boards Select Skateshop put out for Halloween.

how

i’d rather buy a piece of trash from the berrics than that board

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 507
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2023, 03:43:03 AM »
Mike Mo's as much of a scab cunt as those two corny fucks.

djoekr

• Rep: 324
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2023, 03:48:23 AM »

Mike Mo kooked it when he started selling NFT Pokémon cards.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 02:38:45 PM by djoekr »
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2023, 04:27:39 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

how

Agreed, nothing is quite as tasteless by comparison, but I think from the standpoint of taking advantage of their audience, it’s nearly as tacky.

dallou

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #14 on: November 12, 2023, 05:47:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

how

[close]

Agreed, nothing is quite as tasteless by comparison, but I think from the standpoint of taking advantage of their audience, it’s nearly as tacky.

Is it not what every brand does ? Turning audience into customers ? 50 euros for a shirt or a hat you don't need is the same as selling a piece of the berrics. if some dumb cali skaters wants to own a piece of the berrics that's their problem.
check my music

Ignatius J Reilly

• Rep: 235
  • often correct
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2023, 07:08:41 AM »
These guys aren’t stupid
[citation needed]

kook1234

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 142
« Reply #16 on: November 12, 2023, 07:46:02 AM »
there’s ongoing credit crunch in the commercial real estate sector.

Kook Me Amadeus

« Reply #17 on: November 12, 2023, 08:09:50 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

how

[close]

[close]

Is it not what every brand does ? Turning audience into customers ? 50 euros for a shirt or a hat you don't need is the same as selling a piece of the berrics. if some dumb cali skaters wants to own a piece of the berrics that's their problem.

Yeah for sure, but I guess to me it’s about the people who aren’t in California - who never got to skate this park, and are now paying for a cement scrap of these rich dudes’ sponsored hangout spot - just seemed super sad to me.  Viewed in sequence with all the other soulless cash grabs they’ve done over the years and lately, it feels like a new low.

AllisonChalmers

• Rep: -41
« Reply #18 on: November 12, 2023, 08:25:50 AM »
Hilarious to go from pawning NFT's in 2022 to selling jackhammered pieces of concrete floor on eBay in 2023

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1509
  • Illusion Flip
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2023, 08:28:57 AM »
Slanging rocks is a new desperate low.

TheDingus

« Reply #20 on: November 12, 2023, 08:47:34 AM »
These guys aren’t stupid, most likely they are looking to sell the building and move to a cheaper real estate location to re-flip in another 10 yrs

They rented that spot. And it was very expensive.

j....soy.....

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
« Reply #21 on: November 12, 2023, 09:07:19 AM »
If there was a battle of the Berry’s……Jarret’s got my vote….or rasp….

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #22 on: November 12, 2023, 10:17:00 AM »
this brings me joy

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2023, 10:33:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

how

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah for sure, but I guess to me it’s about the people who aren’t in California - who never got to skate this park, and are now paying for a cement scrap of these rich dudes’ sponsored hangout spot - just seemed super sad to me.  Viewed in sequence with all the other soulless cash grabs they’ve done over the years and lately, it feels like a new low.

Trying to convince your parents that you want to be an archeologue so they buy you some berrics cement crumb. then they get the package a look at with dreamy eyes thinking " Tyson Peterson foot was right here"
check my music

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2275
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2023, 11:04:14 AM »
So… the “Freedom” mentioned  in the BATB XIII title is referencing the end of the lease for that warehouse, and being free from that oppressive financial burden.  Sure: it made sense when the Berries was a going concern & even later, when Herp Burst was paying their rent, but now that they’re grasping at the last strands of relevancy they can can reach, as their Xenu adjacent overlord, Cumorama, prepares to abandon their financial “sponsorship” of the Berries & even the skate-shoe game altogether, after Q4 numbers plummeted when brand ambassador & Eminem look-alike, Taylor Pedersmith failed (again) to produce a BATB victory for the brand.
Have I got that right?

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

turdtastic

• Rep: 60
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2023, 11:11:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

how

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Trying to convince your parents that you want to be an archeologue so they buy you some berrics cement crumb. then they get the package a look at with dreamy eyes thinking " Tyson Peterson foot was right here"
I’m not into collecting (or Berries), but wouldn’t a parallel be like sports fans getting a piece of an old stadium that was being torn down?
In that regard it makes sense to me, but again, blah blah blah whatevs.

Fongstarr.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
I'll fuckin
I'll fuckin
sew your asshole closed, and keep feedin you
and feedin you, and feedin you, and feedin you!

dallou

• SLAP Pal
    • Music avatar image
« Reply #27 on: November 12, 2023, 11:22:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

how

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]
I’m not into collecting (or Berries), but wouldn’t a parallel be like sports fans getting a piece of an old stadium that was being torn down?
In that regard it makes sense to me, but again, blah blah blah whatevs.

For sur just cracking jokes
check my music

jgonzalez

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 789
  • no not never. looser.
    • JGonz4ever avatar image
« Reply #28 on: November 12, 2023, 11:26:51 AM »
In a world with an increasing distaste for physical clutter in one’s home, IE we’re not boomers buying homes to fill with crap like previous generations with China cabinets and such, where does all this collectible stuff stand? Like who wants this stuff? Along with the implosion of NFTs

Man Berra still on that melodramatic tip, they’re rocks dude.

nothing's been the since same

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 653
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2023, 01:22:02 PM »
Where did all there money go?

Expand Quote
[close]

Mike Mo kooked it When he started selling NFT Pokémon cards.

Dude kooked it super hard when he left all his Starbucks trash at the Courthouse when there were signs begging people to keep it clean as the City of LA was on the fence about allowing us to skate there long term.

I was over him from that day forward. Alec Beck worked hard for the Courthouse to become a no bust spot, it is a huge part of skate culture, and he put it at risk because he was too lazy to carry his trash back to the car.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2023, 02:04:54 PM by TheLurper »

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?