Author Topic: Mike V is “Doin’ It”  (Read 19123 times)

Watson

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2305
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Mike V is “Doin’ It”
« Reply #210 on: January 06, 2024, 03:20:53 PM »

urbneathme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 286
« Reply #211 on: January 06, 2024, 03:49:26 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
I was avoiding this thread but I’m bored so I cleaned clicked. This song is terrible. I really hate it. I want to forget it.
[close]
Too bad. You can remember it now with the rest of us. Enjoy your stay ;D
[close]
I made a horrible mistake. Like someone offered me a copy of the video tape from The Ring and I just popped it in the VCR. I’m fucking doomed now. Fuck. It won’t get out of my head!
[close]

Following my first encounter, I sang it in my head roughly ten hours a day for a few days.

this is maybe the closest i've ever felt to "the entertainment" from infinite jest

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 4
« Reply #212 on: January 06, 2024, 05:18:26 PM »
No boneless's or street plants in this part? His skating is really still evolving.

Horrible song choice.

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3401
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #213 on: January 06, 2024, 05:35:30 PM »
Have you guys ever read the comic about Danzig and Rollins as lovers? It’s great and apparently bummed Danzig out SO bad.

Dante Bichette

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
  • 10th Prestige
« Reply #214 on: January 06, 2024, 05:42:54 PM »
Have you guys ever read the comic about Danzig and Rollins as lovers? It’s great and apparently bummed Danzig out SO bad.

I think Henry and Glenn is what awakened my sexuality.
Can someone explain in Fortnite terms?

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2292
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #215 on: January 06, 2024, 05:50:19 PM »
LOL,
I can imagine Danzig in the nail salon, getting his mani/pedi done while on the phone to his best bitch via video chat, complaining “oh my gawd, girl! Can you believe they’d even entertain the thought of me with that angry little so-and-so?!?  I talked to my lawyer but he said I didn’t have a libel/slander case based on artistic license!  Bitch, can you believe this shit?
Artistic fucking license?!?
I need a goddamned cease & desist, like… YESTERDAY! ”

Anyways, it’s my imagination & I’ll do with it whatever I please. (Looking at YOU, wane.)

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3401
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #216 on: January 06, 2024, 05:55:19 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Amazing

GnomeServant

• Rep: 2
  • shut up nerd
« Reply #217 on: January 06, 2024, 06:47:55 PM »
Lord help me I can't stop fucking Doin' It!

I never actually listened to Rollins Band until today to compare to this but this is what I always imagined they sounded like when I was younger.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1678
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #218 on: January 06, 2024, 08:45:04 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Imagining this scenario I cannot fathom who would top or bottom... and then it hit me... THEY single handedly created the category of switch.

Thank you Henry and Glenn
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #219 on: January 09, 2024, 07:44:32 PM »
Mike has had the most inexplicably long career. I’ve known about him since 87 or 88 and at no point have I ever thought of him as being a top dude. Not even in the 80s. And it only got worse. Like a few 80s guys managed to hang on and even put out respectable (or really good) footage in the 90s- Gonz, Cab, Hawk, Barbee.

Mike did none of that. His 90s parts were bad. His Label Kills part felt like he was trolling us. After the 80s he learned like four flip tricks, did the occasional rail and skated ramps pretty well. His career highlights include his 88 public domain part and his invention of the dumbest street trick ever. That’s all I can think of.

Meanwhile actually innovative pros like Natas, Matt Hensley and Jason Lee quit because they felt like they couldn’t keep up. Why is Mike still a notable skater?

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #220 on: January 09, 2024, 08:00:41 PM »
Mike has had the most inexplicably long career. I’ve known about him since 87 or 88 and at no point have I ever thought of him as being a top dude. Not even in the 80s. And it only got worse. Like a few 80s guys managed to hang on and even put out respectable (or really good) footage in the 90s- Gonz, Cab, Hawk, Barbee.

Mike did none of that. His 90s parts were bad. His Label Kills part felt like he was trolling us. After the 80s he learned like four flip tricks, did the occasional rail and skated ramps pretty well. His career highlights include his 88 public domain part and his invention of the dumbest street trick ever. That’s all I can think of.

Meanwhile actually innovative pros like Natas, Matt Hensley and Jason Lee quit because they felt like they couldn’t keep up. Why is Mike still a notable skater?

Although this is a bit lengthy, I think it really answers all the questions

https://youtu.be/nRKSHVvJYpQ?si=ostC9yNn63Rf60LT

And as much as he makes me laugh, damn it I'll still love him.  "Demos were the thesis to my career"

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1143
« Reply #221 on: January 09, 2024, 08:17:42 PM »

He knew what it meant to make yourself a brand before it was a thing.

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #222 on: January 09, 2024, 08:56:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

And as much as he makes me laugh, damn it I'll still love him.  "Demos were the thesis to my career"
Yeah I gather he took demos seriously and skated really hard at them. Maybe his skating is better in person?

behavioralguide

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 778
  • dog stuff
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #223 on: January 09, 2024, 09:18:29 PM »
He a tony hawk star

A Not At All Naughty Chemist

• Rep: 53
« Reply #224 on: January 10, 2024, 04:12:41 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
we can insult mike v without resorting to homophobia
[close]
LOL, of course you’re right.
However, there is no homophobia involved when connecting factual events with a fictional erotic scenario that uses Mike V himself as a foil, or counter to himself, as portrayed by his public “tough guy” persona, and all while giving (some of) us a boner.
Of course, this will fly right past some of the dim witted dolts amongst us, but guys like you & I, wane, WE get the subtleties of the subtext.
Naturally, there are those who will beleaguer a point for the sake of being contrarian at any/every opportunity, but at least we sophista-kids have each other. 😘
[close]

the joke was "mike v has gay sex and is a self loathing gay man"

you don't have to niceguy ur way out of it, its funny if you're into that kind of thing i guess, im just saying u seem smarter than that but its a new year
[close]

the joke police routine is still a thing in 2024?
[close]

who's policing? this dude just needs a mic and he'll be knocking 'em dead w/ the gay jokes.  worked for the diceman. i'm just saying i dont think it's cool

I believe it was a reference to a Mike V copypasta which i'm surprised hasn't been posted here yet.

In 2005, I fucked Mike V on the train tracks behind a Ross Dress for Less. Man, his ass could grip. Real tight, not a hair on it, and a sphincter you could only dream of. I had fun at first. But he was so weirdly macho about it. He kept saying things like "thats right bitch, am I gonna make you nut?" and "fucking fag I bet you can't wait to bust in my fat hairy man ass hahaha faggot". I just ignored him and kept railing. He continued unironically calling me his bitch and a fag as he had several hands free prostate orgasms spilling seminal fluids onto the train tracks, getting more angry and dominant after each one. "Yea i bet you like dudes. You look like a pussy" he'd say "I cant even feel your limpdick bitch." I just kept clapping, wondering wtf is up with him. After about 20 minutes of railing Mike's boypussy, drenched in sweat and his cream, I finally got a nut off despite his constant berating and degrading comments. He immediately hopped off, laid flat on his back and bent his legs over his head so the cum dripped out of his asshole directly into his mouth. "The fuck you looking at? You like this gay boy?" He kept saying. After he got every last drop. He cackled like a rooster and punched me in the face as hard as he could. He nearly broke his hand, but I was fine. "Fucking fag" he said as he limped off into the sunset, shaking his wrist. That was the first and last time I fucked Mike V on the train tracks behind the Ross Dress for Less

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
« Reply #225 on: January 10, 2024, 10:22:55 AM »

Mike V's Speed Wheels parts and Rubbish Heap were far better representations. Speed Freaks especially redeemed his Public Domain part which we all thought was sub-par. I even liked his part in 1281 more, even if it was mostly big ollies at demos.

But I think he peaked from the early to mid-90s (copied from Street Plant thread): Demo footage post Powell-Peralta and pre-Powell is top notch (SMA/WI, New Deal, TV/Television). Additionally, his 1990s Powell parts are pretty decent, especially Suburban Diners.

TL;DR: He was doin' it for a good ten years.

No Wave Comply

• Rep: 142
  • Phantom of the Skatepark
« Reply #226 on: January 10, 2024, 12:06:14 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Mike V's Speed Wheels parts and Rubbish Heap were far better representations. Speed Freaks especially redeemed his Public Domain part which we all thought was sub-par. I even liked his part in 1281 more, even if it was mostly big ollies at demos.

But I think he peaked from the early to mid-90s (copied from Street Plant thread): Demo footage post Powell-Peralta and pre-Powell is top notch (SMA/WI, New Deal, TV/Television). Additionally, his 1990s Powell parts are pretty decent, especially Suburban Diners.

Yeah. I was gonna say that his Speed Freaks part is as good or better than his Rubbish Heap part (where he was eclipsed by Ron and Jeremy), and both are better than Public Domain. Even his little part in Risk It was decent for the time. He really was a huge deal in 1988-90, but that was his absolute peak. He seemed to have a hard time progressing and a huge chip on his shoulder from 1991 onwards.
a grunt  a mudhog  a slimedog
a simple servant  a hired hand

“Come in here dear boy, have a gnar, you’re gonna go far!”

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #227 on: January 10, 2024, 12:23:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

You’re right he did have some other good 80s parts. And he had the first double kick board, which was a huge deal at the time. I just don’t think he was able to keep up with the rest of skating in the 90s and it’s weird he didn’t bow out or fade away despite that.

TelethonJohn

• Rep: 63
« Reply #228 on: January 10, 2024, 12:38:00 PM »
Union gave him the first part in the "Right to Skate" video. Mostly forgettable except for a blunt slide to fakie nose grind if memory serves. Union had one hell of a squad for a wheel company whose product I don't recall ever seeing in a shop OR in the wild.

No Wave Comply

« Reply #229 on: January 10, 2024, 12:50:53 PM »
Union gave him the first part in the "Right to Skate" video. Mostly forgettable except for a blunt slide to fakie nose grind if memory serves. Union had one hell of a squad for a wheel company whose product I don't recall ever seeing in a shop OR in the wild.

Yep. I forgot he was in this one because he's so overshadowed; the best Kris Markovich part, plus early Koston, Ethan Fowler and Jerry Fowler, etc.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1368
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #230 on: January 10, 2024, 01:00:56 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
Yeah I gather he took demos seriously and skated really hard at them. Maybe his skating is better in person?

Mike is skating pretty hard in this but Jason Lee is doin it too
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

No Wave Comply

« Reply #231 on: January 10, 2024, 04:58:34 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

Yep. I love this footage and that someone put it on YouTube. Simpler times. J Lee might not have been doin' it as aggro, but he was doin' it and doin' it and doin' it well.

Ghost Face

• Rep: 123
« Reply #232 on: January 10, 2024, 10:57:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

Yep. I love this footage and that someone put it on YouTube. Simpler times. J Lee might not have been doin' it as aggro, but he was doin' it and doin' it and doin' it well.

Did a quick click through and Mike V seemed to be hitting the 1 same obstacle every time to flat. That's it. Am I missing something here?
Jerrys Kid : "I work at my real job like I'm a pro skater. Years of work can be summarized to about 3 minutes worth of actual achievements."

No Wave Comply

« Reply #233 on: January 11, 2024, 01:30:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Did a quick click through and Mike V seemed to be hitting the 1 same obstacle every time to flat. That's it. Am I missing something here?

Not really. He does a pretty big tailslide and 50-50, but it's mostly aggro fatty to flatty ollies and grabs. See also...
Simpler times.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #234 on: January 11, 2024, 03:08:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

That 'please don't eat my friends' still looks so sick in footage.  My friend had one,  and  they just looked incredible at the time, and still do. 

goeatsomefriedbread

• Rep: 268
« Reply #235 on: January 11, 2024, 08:33:06 AM »
I used to do it, then they changed what it was, now what I do isn't it, and what's it seems weird and scary to me

TelethonJohn

• Rep: 63
« Reply #236 on: January 11, 2024, 01:54:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

This was enjoyable. Thank you for posting. I only wish we could see Mike V. roll away from that fs 360 slob. That looked sick. Jason Lee had the most beautiful backside 180's. Just the way he floated them. And Jess the mess doing early grab 360's on flat. WHAT?! The chunky Airwalks, Devo playing, the dudes watching from a VW Jetta. Great vibes here!

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • sup dog
« Reply #237 on: January 11, 2024, 05:32:20 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]

This was enjoyable. Thank you for posting. I only wish we could see Mike V. roll away from that fs 360 slob. That looked sick. Jason Lee had the most beautiful backside 180's. Just the way he floated them. And Jess the mess doing early grab 360's on flat. WHAT?! The chunky Airwalks, Devo playing, the dudes watching from a VW Jetta. Great vibes here!
That was amazing.  I didn't start until '98, but saw people skating in my little town during this time.  Wow, Lee and V were good.

the_dangery_bois

• Rep: 68
  • Uncle Flea for Editor and Chief.
« Reply #238 on: March 14, 2024, 05:39:03 PM »
Creapin on girls on the subway…that’s Doin It…
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C4ayJntoQCw/?igsh=cmg2b2NqZW8xazF2
Vroom.

djoekr

• Rep: 329
« Reply #239 on: March 15, 2024, 02:20:40 AM »
Just rewatched it. Gotta love the bass homie with the permanent stankface, like Mike V just ripped the nastiest fart.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it