Author Topic: Dc shoes of Authentic?  (Read 22643 times)

Doosh215

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 61
Re: Dc shoes of Authentic?
« Reply #180 on: April 19, 2024, 09:21:42 PM »
Kalis you're the man. When I was a little kid right around when Photosynthesis came out my mom worked in a lab at Temple and sometimes when I was off from school she'd have to bring me to work (I'm 32 now). If I behaved she'd take me to skate Cecil on her lunch break and/or when she was done work before we'd go home. She obviously remembers this better than me but apparently I was hounding you with questions and at a point you were like buddy could you please shut up I'm trying to skate. She thought it was absolutely hilarious and still brings it up from time to time this day. If I mention your name she still remembers and laughs. Sorry I've been drinking a bit.

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 665
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #181 on: April 20, 2024, 06:41:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
It’s going good for the dudes who cosplay like it’s 2003*
[close]

What you wearing?
[close]
Just started breaking in these Alexis Manteca's for summer actually. Kalis no disrespect you’re a fucking legend and I’m just some nobody on a dead skateboard forum making a bad joke.

for some reason they decided to make a colorway for Alexis that wasn't the S (for skateboard) version.
It doesn't make sense.

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 662
  • Free Max B
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #182 on: April 20, 2024, 07:53:22 AM »
Y’all really switched fast damn.

Kalis wassup good to see you back on your lurk my man. them white buscemi lynx were crazy fire, but if I got an extra 300 to spend I’m, gonna spend it on my daughter.
If you got any worn 10,10.5s it don’t even matter the color I’ll gladly take the dropoffs.

Free max b
FREE MAX B

Shtonk

• Rep: -495
« Reply #183 on: April 20, 2024, 07:56:57 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What you wearing?
[close]
Just started breaking in these Alexis Manteca's for summer actually. Kalis no disrespect you’re a fucking legend and I’m just some nobody on a dead skateboard forum making a bad joke.

[close]

for some reason they decided to make a colorway for Alexis that wasn't the S (for skateboard) version.
It doesn't make sense.

Alexis Sablone skates for DC now??

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1137
« Reply #184 on: April 20, 2024, 08:18:06 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

What you wearing?
[close]

[close]

It doesn't make sense.
[close]

Alexis Sablone skates for DC now??

pretty sure the S is just to identify the suede version. I’ve had a few pair. They’re all the same

BALARGUE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 665
    • Balargue Skateshop avatar image
« Reply #185 on: April 20, 2024, 09:03:59 AM »
@TwisT
The S is for the skate version of a shoe with usually better upper materials (what they call Super Suede for instance, Super Stitch) and an upgraded insole (Impact G). Alexis' had a basic insole and the upper materials weren't as durable as a Manteca S

Edit: DC is not consistent with this S though but this is how it is for the Manual or the Manteca

@Shtonk Alexis Ramirez