Author Topic: Brandon Biebel of Skateboarding  (Read 10645 times)

WhoCareZ

Brandon Biebel of Skateboarding
« on: November 30, 2023, 10:11:09 PM »
With the MJ thread taking off, it brought to mind another Girl/Chocolate camp standout who’s all but disappeared from skateboarding.

Can any of you pals that are better at story telling/recollecting history catch us up on why Biebel went from having a well attended private skate park in LA, personifying the AMFD mentality, sitting for a nine club interview, then seemingly out of nowhere noping out of SoCal for Miami, only to never step on a board again?

fuck_that_guy

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 339
Re: Brandon Biebel of Skateboarding
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2023, 10:13:28 PM »
fuck that guy

disgruntledMTAEmployee

• Rep: -465
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2023, 10:20:34 PM »
i heard rickk and mike told him he needed to skate more rails, and he said "hell naw i look real gay on rails" and got cut

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 821
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2023, 10:26:25 PM »
Nah he stopped skating rails because he sacked once and couldn't pee straight for weeks.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2023, 10:29:17 PM »
I did think it was weird he was seemingly the only rider to not attend the Girl 30.   Hope he’s ok

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 744
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2023, 10:32:03 PM »
Last one out the door, turn the lights out
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2023, 11:03:59 PM »
If you remember the Mountain Dew push series they were doing, he was apart of the last one. If you don’t it was a series of interviews with a handful of pros with a full part to accompany it. Seemed like they only had like 6 months or so to put it together and Biebel didn’t come through. I think the pressure/embarrassment of this got to him because it seemed like right after this he stopped skating. Pair this with him filming a homeless dude getting beat up and getting the boot from girl and he was out for good. Appeared that he had already quit skating by this time anyway. This is all speculation though.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2023, 11:06:11 PM »

Dent Face

• Rep: 2
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2023, 12:20:09 AM »
If you remember the Mountain Dew push series they were doing, he was apart of the last one. If you don’t it was a series of interviews with a handful of pros with a full part to accompany it. Seemed like they only had like 6 months or so to put it together and Biebel didn’t come through. I think the pressure/embarrassment of this got to him because it seemed like right after this he stopped skating.

He did come through. It was just that the Berrics ran out of money and couldn’t pay some of the skaters for their parts. Biebel eventually put the footage out for Diamond footwear:

https://youtu.be/ptdbcbjn2AI?si=oJNFA_Jqzbu9pw_g

Leo Romero was also meant to have a Berrics part but it didn’t materialise.

Biebel’s downfall began when Weck tore this part apart for all the manual and toe touches.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2023, 12:31:19 AM by Dent Face »

RoaryMcTwang

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 449
« Reply #9 on: December 01, 2023, 12:54:13 AM »
Expand Quote
If you remember the Mountain Dew push series they were doing, he was apart of the last one. If you don’t it was a series of interviews with a handful of pros with a full part to accompany it. Seemed like they only had like 6 months or so to put it together and Biebel didn’t come through. I think the pressure/embarrassment of this got to him because it seemed like right after this he stopped skating.
[close]

He did come through. It was just that the Berrics ran out of money and couldn’t pay some of the skaters for their parts. Biebel eventually put the footage out for Diamond footwear:

Biebel’s downfall began when Weck tore this part apart for all the manual and toe touches.

Thanks for sharing that, I'd never seen it. Thought it was pretty decent actually, if not obviously on the level of his best stuff

lurker_and_poster

• Rep: 26
« Reply #10 on: December 01, 2023, 01:30:44 AM »
For me Brandon even as a Am at his peak was boring.
His skating was limited - compared with Jeremy rogers e.g who was coming up the same time.
He wasn’t funny —and I absolutely didn’t get the hype about his personality.
For me this selection of ams was already giving up
any hope on Girl.
Jeremy fall in love with himself - and Brandon with eating iron. Write them off.
They are not worth to be a part of the legendary history of skateboarding

rejectpaul

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -49
  • No sense makes sense.
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2023, 01:44:22 AM »
Shout out to captain
Ty Evans doesn't do what Ty Evans does for Ty Evans. Ty Evans does what Ty Evans does because Ty Evans is... Ty Evans

Todd Falcon > Tony Hawk

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 755
« Reply #12 on: December 01, 2023, 01:48:32 AM »
It hits you hard bro

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 503
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2023, 03:44:56 AM »
He had a passion to look like a plastic bag full of dog turds and he has fulfilled that passion.

Namaste.

theextrabanana

• Rep: -134
« Reply #14 on: December 01, 2023, 03:51:20 AM »
shout out to birds 😎

MtnDoucheBag

• Rep: -100
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2023, 04:58:48 AM »
He probably got sick and tired about hearing everyone else’s bullshit.

Maurice46

• Rep: 10
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2023, 05:17:37 AM »
https://x.com/brandonbiebel?s=21&t=6-VUMB_cTI47FKOqYIcSRQ

Did he move from Miami to Colombia?

Take a look at the likes tab on his Twitter profile to get a bit more insight into current interests. Pretty generic and predictable angry right wing nonsense. It's almost like he got the right wing asshole starter kit or took a course or something.

Mickey Knox

• Rep: -32
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2023, 06:02:18 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Thanks I didn’t know it was a money issue, I just know it was right around this time he stopped skating so I thought it might have been related. I do remember Weck was dragging Biebel through the mud on a daily basis around that time. Editing montages all of his cringy Insta stories of the Brando teeth guy, his lean collection, etc.  That level of trolling can get to you I’m sure. Wild that it could have ruined skateboarding for him to the point of never picking one up again and going full meathead. He might be kooky and have some screws loose but from the outside looking in and how well people liked him, I always figured he was good guy that was a lifer in the industry. I guess people can change though. Hope he’s good wherever he’s at.

Sick_McCrank_

• Rep: -489
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2023, 06:13:53 AM »
Dude always seemed like skateoarder who isn’t a skater. If that makes sense. There’s many of these.
Trendwatch 2022: kooking Sick_McCrank_ everyday for being a kook

fulfillthedream

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 352
« Reply #19 on: December 01, 2023, 07:13:42 AM »
didn't he cancel himself out with that IG story he made of that naked guy walking around and then getting beat up?
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

SatanicPanic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 208
« Reply #20 on: December 01, 2023, 07:31:54 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Take a look at the likes tab on his Twitter profile to get a bit more insight into current interests. Pretty generic and predictable angry right wing nonsense. It's almost like he got the right wing asshole starter kit or took a course or something.
I’m pretty sure I’ve never met anyone who went right wing and had a happier life. It turns dudes into paranoid weirdos.

crunchydank

• Rep: 9
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2023, 07:38:41 AM »
Ride 'til I die, Lord knows I stay high
And I love it (Yeah, yeah)
And I love it (Hey)
Ride 'til I die, Lord knows I stay high
And I love it (Yeah, yeah)
And I love it (Hey)

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #22 on: December 01, 2023, 07:47:15 AM »
fuck that guy

this may be the best account in slap history.

mooraga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -34
« Reply #23 on: December 01, 2023, 07:47:42 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
Thanks I didn’t know it was a money issue, I just know it was right around this time he stopped skating so I thought it might have been related. I do remember Weck was dragging Biebel through the mud on a daily basis around that time. Editing montages all of his cringy Insta stories of the Brando teeth guy, his lean collection, etc.  That level of trolling can get to you I’m sure. Wild that it could have ruined skateboarding for him to the point of never picking one up again and going full meathead. He might be kooky and have some screws loose but from the outside looking in and how well people liked him, I always figured he was good guy that was a lifer in the industry. I guess people can change though. Hope he’s good wherever he’s at.

I know Biebel isn't the smartest dude ever but, you saying he felt so bullied he quit skateboarding? come on this isn't high school

I blame the diamond shoe deal, after that shit died he went silent; I assume money from other sponsors wasn't as good and skateboarding for a living was not worthy the risk. Dude probably sold his tv and got more money than what girl was paying.

In my world he can do whatever he wants, at least he's not doing a gofundme page to support his stupid ass or a lame company leading to bankrupt.

Cool Ceith

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
  • Did someone say sassy?
« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2023, 07:59:58 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]
I think Leo ended up using his footy for a Toy Machine video. Dan Lu might have been the only one with a full push part. What a berries shitshow: over 30 filmers involved with this project, including legends like Ted Newsom and Grant Schubert, but they wouldn't pay Leo a measly 10k to fucking follow him around Spain and shit.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2254
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2023, 09:11:32 AM »
I was under the impression that Biebel was considered quite the generous, humanitarian type: he’s been recorded on multiple occasions offering to give people “this smoke” free of charge.
What a nice guy.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 175
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2023, 09:15:25 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Quite rich considering how his entire persona seems to be based off black culture.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Jehoshaphat Augustus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #27 on: December 01, 2023, 09:20:12 AM »
I was under the impression that Biebel was considered quite the generous, humanitarian type: he’s been recorded on multiple occasions offering to give people “this smoke” free of charge.
What a nice guy.

I mean isn't that the answer?
He donated smoke on camera and then fled CA to continue to probably do the same shit (only off camera) in Florida.

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 136
« Reply #28 on: December 01, 2023, 09:32:16 AM »
Shout out to captain

You know the vibes.

layzieyez

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1500
  • Illusion Flip
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #29 on: December 01, 2023, 09:48:36 AM »
I guess he followed that old saying in regards to Weck, “If you can’t beat ‘em, join ‘em.” Sad he lost to Weck.