Author Topic: RIP Kechaud Johnson  (Read 11228 times)

DCLOVE

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -486
RIP Kechaud Johnson
« on: December 14, 2023, 09:06:41 PM »
Apparently he passed away today after an accident.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Gab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 262
Re: RIP Kechaud Johnson
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2023, 09:10:14 PM »
Just saw on ig. RIP Kechaud.

figureitout

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -138
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2023, 09:12:11 PM »
Aww man that’s brutal news, entirely too young to say the least.

RIP Kechaud

Ollie of pain.

pugmaster

• Trade Count: (+4)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1595
  • Overweight and Underprepared
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2023, 09:32:52 PM »
That is terrible.. sorry to his friends and family. RIP Kechaud...
"...We got the nuclear worm over here..."

Never forget:
Rusty_Berrings, 360 frip, Yapple Dapple, Bubblegum Tate

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1157
  • old and in the way
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2023, 09:54:17 PM »
RIP

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #5 on: December 14, 2023, 10:37:43 PM »
One of the nicest people and gnarliest skaters I've ever met. Dude would go to skateparks and make his own spots by skating them ways they weren't designed to be skated. We were filming a little edit one time at a park and he grinded a fence there on the deck of a quarter pipe that definitely wasn't meant to be skated. After doing it, I wanted to film a b-roll clip to show how big it is and he calmly and confidently told me "I'll just do it again" and he did. I remember at that moment realizing just how talented and gnarly he was. R.I.P Kechaud you will be missed dearly.

Mount St. Hermdog

• Rep: 8
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2023, 10:40:25 PM »
such an amazing skateboarder, that is soooo unbelievably sad. One of the greatest ever out of Texas

devils acrobat

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • Rep: 139
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2023, 01:45:57 AM »
RIP

clintendo

• Rep: 24
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2023, 01:49:49 AM »
RIP

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 38
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2023, 02:53:42 AM »
One of the nicest people and gnarliest skaters I've ever met. Dude would go to skateparks and make his own spots by skating them ways they weren't designed to be skated. We were filming a little edit one time at a park and he grinded a fence there on the deck of a quarter pipe that definitely wasn't meant to be skated. After doing it, I wanted to film a b-roll clip to show how big it is and he calmly and confidently told me "I'll just do it again" and he did. I remember at that moment realizing just how talented and gnarly he was. R.I.P Kechaud you will be missed dearly.
When @ Stalin he was always making out crazy stuff to skate. He seemed super chill and easy going with everybody.
Rip.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

roba

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 768
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2023, 03:09:16 AM »
fuck this one hits hard, he used to come to my city for some skate contest and ripped my local park, we've never seen anyone skate that shit like him before or after. dude was incredible on a skateboard and taught me how to skate stairs fakie. rest in peace kechaud, everytime i come to that park i think about the crooked he did on the barrier on the hip, shits like 6 foot tall.

i was watching this session go down and no lie dude did all of this in 3 tries or less, most of the rail tricks were first try, the back 3 and fs flip over the rail were too.

that rail is also massive, the 4 block is like an 8 stair but the rail extends past it, the sack factor is insane, shit is long, tall and mellow.
I'm ok with theft. It happens to me all the time.
I steal too

I’m rich and smart

R.I.P Tate

breezy_again

• Rep: 50
  • Positive Energy Activates Constant Elevation
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2023, 05:18:03 AM »
rest in peace to a texas legend

mrselfdestruct

• Rep: 9
  • fresh
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2023, 05:30:29 AM »
fuck this one hits hard, he used to come to my city for some skate contest and ripped my local park, we've never seen anyone skate that shit like him before or after. dude was incredible on a skateboard and taught me how to skate stairs fakie. rest in peace kechaud, everytime i come to that park i think about the crooked he did on the barrier on the hip, shits like 6 foot tall.

i was watching this session go down and no lie dude did all of this in 3 tries or less, most of the rail tricks were first try, the back 3 and fs flip over the rail were too.

that rail is also massive, the 4 block is like an 8 stair but the rail extends past it, the sack factor is insane, shit is long, tall and mellow.
back 3 over the rail and nollie flip the 4 were entirely too clean. RIP.
Mrs Elf is a pretty cool name.

And Mrs Elf destructing is even cooler.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 804
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2023, 07:04:12 AM »
RIP. He had a Who's Hot in Skateboarder. I remember being really stoked on that nosegrind photo - that's still a pretty big rail by today's standards.

There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

Baby on Board

• Rep: 33
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2023, 07:12:33 AM »
Ke’chaud Forever ❤️
Dude truly was the best out there.
Could kickflip over your head from flat and would stop doing whatever he’s doing to help a little kid learn how to push. He really treated everyone around him with such incredible respect and I’ll never forget going on street missions with him around the DREAM video days and just seeing him do the most insane things first try. And then doing it again “just cause”.

Rest in power, Chaudy ❤️

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2023, 07:18:50 AM »
Dude never got his due. I found a video of him on YouTube back in maybe 2008 and watched it religiously. Always been one of my favorite hidden gems. Any word on how?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1072
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2023, 07:24:29 AM »
RIP. He had a Who's Hot in Skateboarder. I remember being really stoked on that nosegrind photo - that's still a pretty big rail by today's standards.

If I remember correctly he went pro for that short-lived 2010ish City Stars reboot before having to do it darkstar again. I think his board is in Pro Skater 1+2 or Session.

Apparently, he was much loved in his community, which I mean, if you're pro that's gotta feel good when you are home.

RIP

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 210
  • Get bent
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2023, 07:31:42 AM »
RIP Texas legend
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 316
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2023, 07:49:30 AM »
Damn only 36 years old. So sad for his family and friends. Rest in Power  Kechaud 

Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Kombuch-A-Holic

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 127
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2023, 07:51:25 AM »
I was just at the Garland park hoping I'd get to see him. This is horrible.  Rip KeChaud.

crunchwrap2supreme

• Rep: -1
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2023, 07:55:50 AM »
If youve ever met kechaud its easy to see the impact he had on the DFW scene. Would go out of his way to teach the kids at the park. And of course an insanely athletic skater, highest ollie ive ever seen in my life. Way too soon and i hope his loved ones find peace.

D10S

• Rep: -53
  • la patineta no se mancha
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2023, 07:56:11 AM »
Rest in power. Condolences to his loved ones.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2023, 09:38:12 AM »
Dude never got his due. I found a video of him on YouTube back in maybe 2008 and watched it religiously. Always been one of my favorite hidden gems. Any word on how?
I saw an Instagram comment saying he was hit by a car on a highway after pulling over, maybe for an accident. Incredibly tragic.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -486
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2023, 09:44:32 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
I saw an Instagram comment saying he was hit by a car on a highway after pulling over, maybe for an accident. Incredibly tragic.

I saw a comment on YouTube purporting to be his ex’s mother- lotta personal details so I’m assuming it’s real deal- but they were saying it was road rage, someone hit his car and tried to run and he was in front of their car and they ran him over. Super sad if true. Senselessly ending a life over minor property damage is wild.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Lame_Nigga

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -6
  • Just a lame nigga who can't kickflip
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2023, 10:26:20 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I saw a comment on YouTube purporting to be his ex’s mother- lotta personal details so I’m assuming it’s real deal- but they were saying it was road rage, someone hit his car and tried to run and he was in front of their car and they ran him over. Super sad if true. Senselessly ending a life over minor property damage is wild.
Fucking tragic. I went to school with a guy who got stabbed in a road rage situation and it’s never made sense to me how driving can make you so irate that you lose all control and kill someone. Hope they get caught and found guilty.

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -514
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2023, 11:03:33 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]
Fucking tragic. I went to school with a guy who got stabbed in a road rage situation and it’s never made sense to me how driving can make you so irate that you lose all control and kill someone. Hope they get caught and found guilty.

I saw Richie Jackson posted saying similar.  You just never know who you’re getting involved with on the road.  So tragic, all to avoid taking responsibility for an accident you kill someone.

baptized in cum

• Rep: 16
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2023, 12:49:24 PM »
Apparently he passed away today after an accident.

we closed the park many a night in high school. rest easy, chaudie <3

Merman

• Rep: -40
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2023, 01:20:23 PM »
This is a major loss to skateboarding. His huge heart, his unmatched athleticism, and his mind blowing skills on the board. A few years ago a post was made asking who they felt the most athletic skateboarder was, and I'll say it again: Kechaud had no rivals. First time I ever encountered him was at the Vans Skatepark in Huntington beach, where he was  consistently nollie flipping up onto a ledge that was 4 steps tall. Friendly to everybody, a smile always on his face.  Devastating loss.