Author Topic: Toe_knees milk clarified margarita  (Read 453 times)

toe_knee

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 233
  • Get bent
Toe_knees milk clarified margarita
« on: December 25, 2023, 06:28:10 AM »
Got a lil crazy this holiday season and made myself a batch of margarita “milk punch” as my mom would call it, here’s the recipe if anyone is interested, and if you got any suggestions lemme hear em’!
1.75 cup of tequila
1/2 cup of grand marnier or any other orange liquer
1 cup of ruby red grapefruit juice
1/2 cup of lime juice
1/2 cup of simple syrup (I use raw)
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup of milk

Stir well, cover and let sit overnight. Line a colander with paper towels or cheesecloth, pour liquid slowly and let drain ( may take a couple hours) feel free to strain multiple times, use an clean old bottle and transfer liquid into it, milk clarifying has been around for hundreds of years and is a great way to preserve a cocktail and make it last for months as well as change the mouthfeel. Gonna try and tequila sunrise next or maybe an old fashioned
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

matt_2993

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 232
Re: Toe_knees milk clarified margarita
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2023, 12:02:54 PM »
Dope I might have to try this.

Last night finally got into my eggnog that I aged for a couple months and it was so damn good. People at the holiday shindig were hyped too. Basically your standard eggnog but with cognac, brandy and rum added in

turdtastic

• Rep: 68
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2023, 12:18:55 PM »
Got a lil crazy this holiday season and made myself a batch of margarita “milk punch” as my mom would call it, here’s the recipe if anyone is interested, and if you got any suggestions lemme hear em’!
1.75 cup of tequila
1/2 cup of lime juice
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup of milk

Stir well, cover and let sit overnight. Line a colander with paper towels or cheesecloth, pour liquid slowly and let drain ( may take a couple hours) feel free to strain multiple times, use an clean old bottle and transfer liquid into it, milk clarifying has been around for hundreds of years and is a great way to preserve a cocktail and make it last for months as well as change the mouthfeel. Gonna try and tequila sunrise next or maybe an old fashioned
No diss
I was always under the impression that citrus and dairy shouldn’t be combined or else the mixture curdles; ala the cement mixer shot
1 1/2 ounces Irish cream liqueur
1/2 ounce lime juice

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2023, 02:19:02 PM »
Expand Quote
1.75 cup of tequila
1/2 cup of lime juice
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup of milk

[close]
No diss
I was always under the impression that citrus and dairy shouldn’t be combined or else the mixture curdles; ala the cement mixer shot
1/2 ounce lime juice

Yea it’s supposed to curdle, then you strain it off, I usually go through cheesecloth because it filters it way better than paper towels, and I filter it multiple times so it’s gets super clear
You want some queso?”

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2023, 02:20:48 PM »
Dope I might have to try this.

Last night finally got into my eggnog that I aged for a couple months and it was so damn good. People at the holiday shindig were hyped too. Basically your standard eggnog but with cognac, brandy and rum added in

Sounds awesome, yea my recipe is pretty boozy feel free to lighten up on the tequila
You want some queso?”

turdtastic

• Rep: 68
« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2023, 06:41:44 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1.75 cup of tequila
1/2 cup of lime juice
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup of milk

[close]
No diss
1/2 ounce lime juice
[close]

Yea it’s supposed to curdle, then you strain it off, I usually go through cheesecloth because it filters it way better than paper towels, and I filter it multiple times so it’s gets super clear
That explains the colander/cheesecloth, got it; slow guy over hear…

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Get bent
« Reply #6 on: December 25, 2023, 06:57:05 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
1.75 cup of tequila
1/2 cup of lime juice
Pinch of salt
1/2 cup of milk

[close]
No diss
1/2 ounce lime juice
[close]

[close]
That explains the colander/cheesecloth, got it; slow guy over hear…

Your good, I could have explained that better in the recipe
You want some queso?”