Author Topic: Sony ax700 Memory Card  (Read 171 times)

Prrapatty

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 0
Sony ax700 Memory Card
« on: January 31, 2024, 12:01:10 PM »
Hello, I recently switched from SD to HD and now film with the Sony AX700.
I'm very happy with it, but I'm overwhelmed with the memory card.
The problem is that I can only delete the filmed clips individually via the camera, which takes a lot of time and is tedious.
When I delete the clips from the memory card on the PC, broken files still remain on the memory card and it is still full. Only when I delete the broken clips from the camera again, is the memory card free again.
I also have the feeling that less clips fit on the card than at the beginning, even though the card is empty.
Maybe I'm too stupid because HD filming is new to me or there's no other way. I use a sandisk extreme pro Memory Card with 256 gb.
In any case, I would be very grateful for your help.

fisheye talk

• Rep: 0
Re: Sony ax700 Memory Card
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2024, 11:22:19 AM »
It looks like you can definitely delete multiple clips at the same time. Follow these instructions.

https://helpguide.sony.net/cam/1710/v1/en/contents/TP0001492394.html

I wouldn't modify the contents of the memory card through a PC, to avoid that kind of problems. Just copy your clips to your PC.

If you want to completely empty your memory card, format it in camera. Follow these instructions.

https://helpguide.sony.net/cam/1710/v1/en/contents/TP0001492478.html

Before doing this, make sure you have saved all the clips that you want to keep in your PC, because they will be gone for good from the memory card.

CossRooper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
  • What are you up to, drawing leafs?
    • timecube avatar image
Re: Sony ax700 Memory Card
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2024, 04:00:46 PM »
what @fisheye talk said. just fill the card up, copy everything over to your PC (bonus points if you back them up to a separate drive as well, always good to have two copies), verify all the clips got copied over, and format the card in camera.