Author Topic: Baggy pants skater vs regular pants skater identity crisis  (Read 6098 times)

thehogsniper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 42
Re: Baggy pants skater vs regular pants skater identity crisis
« Reply #30 on: February 22, 2024, 07:09:19 AM »
My pant identity is whatever I can find for under $30 a pair 

Mongo Lloyd

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #31 on: February 22, 2024, 07:11:20 AM »
Baggy for skate. No more nad huggers, and I’m getting thicker.

Form fitting for social outings.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2024, 08:00:54 AM by Puddy Smally »
Do you get deja vu, huh?

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2024, 07:15:13 AM »
Form fitting for social outings.
I call my form fitting civilian outing pants, "society pants" and I hate wearing them because it makes me feel like a marvel cinematic universe fan.

type

• Rep: -52
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2024, 07:25:41 AM »
Ive always been a bigger dude, I wish I was some skinny motherfucker so I could rock tight pants hesh gear

Gangster vs punk, I would like to mix them

Ever since I stopped skating I rock sweatpants 24/7
I’m stuck in Fresno rn. behind that circle k across from Wendy’s

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 649
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2024, 09:33:12 AM »
I settled with a straight leg 2 sizes up. Feels comfy.
IG: @flowterspace

McBrandt

• Rep: -14
« Reply #35 on: February 22, 2024, 09:37:58 AM »
Fashion is absolute dogshit across the board right now, and I blame the typical scenario of mainstream culture picking up on skateboard fashions like 3 years later. Society as a whole has really given up when the most common pair of pants are tapered sweatpants. "Look, I'm trying to dress halfway decent, my sweats are cinched, but not really, because they're still sweats and we're dressing like fucking slobs anyway."

I'm a middle aged guy and going back to wearing baggy pants when that was my teenage heyday isn't much different from someone still wearing their high school football jersey in their 40s. There's a fine line to be had for someone my age. Too skinny or too baggy is dressing out of my age group. Regular slims can be perceived as having no style. I'm trying to go for just barely a degree looser than dylan.'s iconic look of cuffed slim pants with loafers, but finding the right level of baggy/tight is hard for someone over 6' and 165lbs.

astro

• Rep: 2
« Reply #36 on: February 22, 2024, 10:45:13 AM »
i think we all should just be our selves :)

Ourladyoftheflowers

• Rep: 103
« Reply #37 on: February 22, 2024, 10:51:27 AM »
I settled with a straight leg 2 sizes up. Feels comfy.

I’m old so I don’t try to get too baggy. Usually this (505 2 sizes up), 550 1 size up or dockers in my normal size do me good. I can move around but don’t look too Cookie Monster snapback (an effect that happens when you’re over thirty and go too baggy)

Fartknocker415

• Rep: -45
« Reply #38 on: February 22, 2024, 01:16:29 PM »
550s and Andrew cords

jums

• Rep: -54
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #39 on: February 22, 2024, 01:23:11 PM »
Sizing up 2 in the waist is goofy boy status. If u gotta size up 2 then those aren’t the right cut

Powdered Toast Man!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 172
  • (formerly mex.ceferino)
« Reply #40 on: February 22, 2024, 02:16:00 PM »
vincent touzery, aaron loreth, AO, nick boserio, casper brooker, joe campos, manderson and jake anderson have imo impeccable pant game and i wish my shit fit like them and look decent

that said
Just be like me and keep buying pants to try to fill that void in your life

but to echo someone here, my fit changes from work, when skating, and just hanging out.

yet, the crisis remains

sorry to not help:(

I just want everyone to know that I'm only 32.8% skateboarder, and that's on a good day. The rest is just soy and cum.

Phil Leotardo

• Rep: -43
  • Lemme tell you a couple of three things
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2024, 02:31:53 PM »
There's no scraps in my scrapbook

gringo_viejo

• Rep: 43
« Reply #42 on: February 22, 2024, 02:40:29 PM »
KILT.

WashingtonNECKTIE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 256
  • Precision Posture
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2024, 03:40:16 PM »
Wow sorry, didn't realise I was dealing with a sick cunt here

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 511
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #44 on: February 22, 2024, 05:36:17 PM »
the struggle is real though. i like the middle ground, like 93 denim, and i try to stick to a similar fit all the time.
I really like 92s and 93s, but get self conscious with that little dude on the pocket as i'm definitely too old for that shit, but they're the best for skating.

easymoneysniper

• Rep: 21
« Reply #45 on: February 22, 2024, 05:41:21 PM »
https://www.instagram.com/reel/C2Ri886pNUc/?hl=en

just get yourself a pair of these bad boys

mendo

• Rep: 18
« Reply #46 on: February 22, 2024, 07:58:20 PM »
polar 93 gang  8)
baggy enough you're chilling, but not too baggy that you feel like a tryhard old fuck

c-dock

• Rep: 16
  • Lurker
« Reply #47 on: February 22, 2024, 09:00:54 PM »
I always default to Dickies 874's or Carhartt relaxed fit pants for a middle ground fit. The 5 pocket canvas ones are super comfortable and have a decent color selection

roba

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 829
« Reply #48 on: February 23, 2024, 04:00:40 AM »
Expand Quote
the struggle is real though. i like the middle ground, like 93 denim, and i try to stick to a similar fit all the time.
[close]
I really like 92s and 93s, but get self conscious with that little dude on the pocket as i'm definitely too old for that shit, but they're the best for skating.

newer ones have just the face in one color, much less visible. the most recent pairs don't even have the yellow back tab, it's light grey with the polar spellout logo instead of the graffiti ish 93. i liked that back tab so that sucks but i do think it's cool that they changed that pocket embroidery.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -128
« Reply #49 on: February 23, 2024, 04:07:49 AM »
Gear crisis always comes down to pants.
Bad pants ruin what could have been good footy.
I was surprised Suciu admitted this recently. I rewatched some of his footy from maybe 8 years ago. Holy shit, his pants situation isn't particularly good now, but a few years ago it was atrocious. Spoilingly so.
I don't think there's an absolute answer, it's a question of matching to your body type.
Shorts are always a bad idea.
I don't believe in 2% elastic but maybe I just never found a pair with a good cut. Feels like a cop-out to me.
Carl Aikens needs to reign it in like 1 or 2 sizes.
TJ Rogers needs an intervention
Heitor was flirting with the bounds of taste but now seems to have perfected the balance.
Leo Romero needs to size up a couple of inches, for fucks' sake, they look like goddamned leggings.
Nyjah, strangely, I got no problem with.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 517
« Reply #50 on: February 23, 2024, 04:15:57 AM »
I always default to Dickies 874's or Carhartt relaxed fit pants for a middle ground fit. The 5 pocket canvas ones are super comfortable and have a decent color selection

874s very versatile
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2024, 04:21:00 AM »
I was surprised Suciu admitted this recently. I rewatched some of his footy from maybe 8 years ago. Holy shit, his pants situation isn't particularly good now, but a few years ago it was atrocious. Spoilingly so.
I don't think there's an absolute answer, it's a question of matching to your body type.
I don't believe in 2% elastic but maybe I just never found a pair with a good cut. Feels like a cop-out to me.
Heitor was flirting with the bounds of taste but now seems to have perfected the balance.
Leo Romero needs to size up a couple of inches, for fucks' sake, they look like goddamned leggings.
You can't judge pants from 8 years ago by today's standards

manysnakes

« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2024, 04:22:06 AM »

Leo's pants are appropriately sized for a skinny Mexican rock and roller.

Coastal Fever

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 541
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2024, 04:44:26 AM »
Old Navy stretch chinos are my go to skate pants.  Comfy, light and functional. Usually come in decent colours, often on sale, and pair well enough with most shoes.  Far from the coolest, but I hate the feeling of sweaty jeans and stiff work pants.

OwlGreen

• Rep: -128
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2024, 04:49:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I disagree. I don't think 8 years ago we were rewatching Trilogy saying everyone's pants look too big.

Throughout every era, certain people got it right, and other people overdid it in either direction. I think it was obvious at the time and is still obvious now. Nonetheless, year zero for me was Finally, so I kind of can't help that the norms portrayed therein will always be the center point of my barometer.

Mean salto

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 883
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2024, 05:28:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

I disagree. I don't think 8 years ago we were rewatching Trilogy saying everyone's pants look too big.

Throughout every era, certain people got it right, and other people overdid it in either direction. I think it was obvious at the time and is still obvious now. Nonetheless, year zero for me was Finally, so I kind of can't help that the norms portrayed therein will always be the center point of my barometer.
Basically my idea is things from about 7.5 years ago very often seem shitty and it takes 15 years for things to come around again. Sure people have specific tastes but suicu as the example was just whatever normal person.
So yeah nobody was worried about trilogy because it had come back around but in 2014 people would be pretty off some shit from the mid 00s.

Banned from the room

« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2024, 06:21:08 AM »
I go both ways. Baggy Camouflage Pants. Slim jeans. It's all the same to me.
I'm more interested in the leg cut than that fit.

My pet peeve for pants is in used gear. If I go to tha Salvee and I buy. I check the junk first.

Nothing worse than buying tight JEANS formerly owned by someone with WAY bigger balls than I. So I try them on in the isle.

I'm big beans small pork. It's no secret or nothing. I just want a proper nut hugger that was not owned by Dirk.

It feels funny to be tight all over except your jock.

mj23

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 237
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2024, 06:22:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

874s very versatile
874s are really the Goldilocks skate pant. Not too tight for our current baggy trend cycle, but they also weren’t too baggy back when skinnier cuts were the style. Never the coolest, but also never totally uncool either.

Banned from the room

« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2024, 07:53:01 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

874s very versatile
[close]
874s are really the Goldilocks skate pant. Not too tight for our current baggy trend cycle, but they also weren’t too baggy back when skinnier cuts were the style. Never the coolest, but also never totally uncool either.

How longs it take for you to blow out a pair tho? I wore hundreds maybe thousands of pairs up until like 02ish. It was mandatory as a child because my parents bought only those and stiff indigo Lee jeans in the 80s.
I continued with Dickies right up to around 911 I'm pretty sure tho.
When I came back around 2011 things seemed different.
I've had like 6 pairs since then.

My second to last pair I got about 3 months out of them. I'd say that like 30 skate session out of um. They was totally destroyed. I consider that not to be good. Should have been double that at least.

The last pair the clasp broke in the first week. I still got them somewhere. Dickies make excellent patch material. I've never tried to replace that clasp before. Idk where to begin with that thing.

What's your average?

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2024, 08:35:49 AM »
I think there is a market for adjustable leg openings. The technology is there, the world is ready.