Author Topic: Jeff Henderson Interview Emerica Brand (?) Manager  (Read 8815 times)

MusclesMarinara

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 102
Re: Jeff Henderson Interview Emerica Brand (?) Manager
« Reply #60 on: March 05, 2024, 09:45:59 AM »
Idk Rob Pace is good but Kevin Baekkel already exists and rides for Emerica. Until this thread I thought they were the same person honestly. Just seems redundant and I can understand cutting the new guy instead of veterans. 
Alex Olson never had the makings of a varsity athlete.

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 76
« Reply #61 on: March 24, 2024, 02:49:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it astounds me the that they haven't had any incite to support anyone around the gx 1000 guys, or, just, sign t funk,
[close]
I definitely tried. Someone sort of mentioned it already but you'd be surprised how many skaters would choose to just get free shoes from a cooler company over getting a check and actually being a part of a smaller brand. I'm sure people think we weren't trying to diversify the brand through team riders but the sad truth is that during my time there, I tried to get so many different riders who either just weren't interested or ended up getting a better offer which of course I totally understood and supported.
[close]

I think this was me......i know one guy you tried and reached out to, and he was basically like even though he is offering some dough....I just can't stomach wearing the shoes

do you guys think this would still be the case if there were only one or two of the big brands in the skate shoe space? Or is the whole line of shoes really that bad?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

TreyPhillip

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 17
« Reply #62 on: March 24, 2024, 10:06:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
it astounds me the that they haven't had any incite to support anyone around the gx 1000 guys, or, just, sign t funk,
[close]
I definitely tried. Someone sort of mentioned it already but you'd be surprised how many skaters would choose to just get free shoes from a cooler company over getting a check and actually being a part of a smaller brand. I'm sure people think we weren't trying to diversify the brand through team riders but the sad truth is that during my time there, I tried to get so many different riders who either just weren't interested or ended up getting a better offer which of course I totally understood and supported.
[close]

I think this was me......i know one guy you tried and reached out to, and he was basically like even though he is offering some dough....I just can't stomach wearing the shoes
[close]

do you guys think this would still be the case if there were only one or two of the big brands in the skate shoe space? Or is the whole line of shoes really that bad?

I don’t think it has much to do with the shoes them selves and more the fact that most people would rather be “that guy that skates for Nike” than “that guy that skates for Emerica”. In 2024 Nike seems like a cooler and more prestigious brand to the general public and the quality of skate shoes and the industry insider stuff we talk about really isn’t that relevant to the everyday skater.
I worked in a random discount shoe store and it was crazy to me how many shitty straight to outlet Nikes we sold over actual performance Asics and New Balance. I’m convinced people mainly care about the logo on their feet and how they are perceived which goes for the skate scene as well.

chihuahuadad2000

• Rep: 26
« Reply #63 on: March 25, 2024, 12:39:04 AM »
The big problem with emerica for me is that shoes feel like they’re made out of fucking cardboard. They seem so goddamn cheap and worthless and yet cost as much as any other shoe. I bought some g6 slips online awhile back and it’s like putting your foot in a potato. The fit is fucking terrible and loose in all the wrong places. The g6 “cupsole protection” feels like standing on mashed potatoes. They’re potato shoes thru and thru. I honestly don’t know how the riders skate as well as they do in them. Like honestly it’s fucking amazing that they can skate in those pieces of absolute dogshit.

Get the quality better and get someone who can design worth a shit and you’ll be back on track. Don’t just try to re-market your shitty ass product with a new logo and color scheme cause it ain’t gonna work.

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #64 on: March 25, 2024, 08:49:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

I don’t think it has much to do with the shoes them selves and more the fact that most people would rather be “that guy that skates for Nike” than “that guy that skates for Emerica”. In 2024 Nike seems like a cooler and more prestigious brand to the general public and the quality of skate shoes and the industry insider stuff we talk about really isn’t that relevant to the everyday skater.
I worked in a random discount shoe store and it was crazy to me how many shitty straight to outlet Nikes we sold over actual performance Asics and New Balance. I’m convinced people mainly care about the logo on their feet and how they are perceived which goes for the skate scene as well.

Makes sense

I know most pro skaters arent too into it, but one thing i noticed Nike does really well is the whole storytelling thing, and thats what sells now.I know at least for the younger generation its all about who theyre supporting, and most sponsored folk dont like getting in front of the camera in that way. Hate to bring him up here but everyone sees all the GH threads in this place. His success is because people feel like they know him

I could be totally wrong though

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

Luddite

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 83
« Reply #65 on: March 25, 2024, 12:55:33 PM »
They better be trying to get Taylor Kirby right now

Shtonk

• Rep: -326
« Reply #66 on: March 25, 2024, 03:02:19 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Makes sense

I know most pro skaters arent too into it, but one thing i noticed Nike does really well is the whole storytelling thing, and thats what sells now.I know at least for the younger generation its all about who theyre supporting, and most sponsored folk dont like getting in front of the camera in that way. Hate to bring him up here but everyone sees all the GH threads in this place. His success is because people feel like they know him

Not so sure about that. What story do guys like Ville, Kadow, Trey Gipson or Kader tell? Just thinking of young hot Trendsetters, I feel like we're almost at a place where it's more successful to be a little mysterious and not too open.

somedudefromnj

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #67 on: March 25, 2024, 04:23:46 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Makes sense

[close]

Not so sure about that. What story do guys like Ville, Kadow, Trey Gipson or Kader tell? Just thinking of young hot Trendsetters, I feel like we're almost at a place where it's more successful to be a little mysterious and not too open.

oh shit, very good point

I guess Im pulling straws trying to understand why no one cares for emerica anymore, but it really is as simple as everyone in this thread has already said

Bold

• Rep: 32
« Reply #68 on: April 13, 2024, 12:16:32 PM »
They better be trying to get Taylor Kirby right now
I saw him skate in person in Louisville and I can't get over how much I like his flow and style.

Kirby aside, If they don't go back to the full G6 cupsole I don't know if I'll try another pair of their shoes. I love the KSL G6 and I have a pair in the closet since they dropped the G6 cupsole.

They look like blah but fit me well.
They could definitely use some artistic style adjustments.

opesorry

• Rep: 21
« Reply #69 on: April 13, 2024, 07:06:04 PM »
The big problem with emerica for me is that shoes feel like they’re made out of fucking cardboard. They seem so goddamn cheap and worthless and yet cost as much as any other shoe. I bought some g6 slips online awhile back and it’s like putting your foot in a potato. The fit is fucking terrible and loose in all the wrong places. The g6 “cupsole protection” feels like standing on mashed potatoes. They’re potato shoes thru and thru. I honestly don’t know how the riders skate as well as they do in them. Like honestly it’s fucking amazing that they can skate in those pieces of absolute dogshit.

Get the quality better and get someone who can design worth a shit and you’ll be back on track. Don’t just try to re-market your shitty ass product with a new logo and color scheme cause it ain’t gonna work.

The Dicksons are super good though, kinda surprised no one ever mentions them one way or another.

Crailslideyoface

• Rep: 38
« Reply #70 on: April 13, 2024, 07:41:15 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Dicksons are super good though, kinda surprised no one ever mentions them one way or another.

If they fit. Had two pairs of the same colorway fit completely different. QC is pretty abysmal at sole tech over the last decade or so 
I wanna crap in a box just to mail it to you so your bitch ass can smell it

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 218
  • sup dog
« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2024, 07:50:18 PM »

You do not know what a fucking potato is, until you have seen a brown Accel OG on foot.
Another brand new account coming in on some absolute fuck shit