Author Topic: is Gofted Hater becoming a fascistic/racist force in skateboarding?  (Read 42751 times)

hotdogsweatpants

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 67
Re: is Gofted Hater becoming a fascistic/racist force in skateboarding?
« Reply #300 on: March 12, 2024, 08:08:31 AM »
This thread makes me glad I am not American.
The pant situation is out of control at this point

Coldpizza

• Rep: 179
« Reply #301 on: March 12, 2024, 08:21:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Sounds like some of you guys need a rice cooker. I’m telling you, once you have a good one you’ll never wanna go without.

Bought mine from my Japanese friend before she went back to Japan. Possibly one of the best purchases I’ve ever made.
[close]

I've been eyeballing rice cookers for a few years now but I've been hesitant to pull the trigger on one. What brand are you currently using?
[close]

Mine is a Zojirushi. Probably my favorite appliance I own.

+1 Zojirushi
We eat rice almost everyday in our house. Had been using an insta pot for a while it takes up a lot of counter space and imo the rice isn’t as nice. I can cook rice in a pot but when you eat it as much as I do the rice cooker is fantastic.
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

somedudefromnj

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 80
« Reply #302 on: March 12, 2024, 08:44:39 AM »
Expand Quote
So I read the first two pages of this thread and lost way too many fucking brain cells. What the hell is going on here?
[close]

As far as I can tell GH is being accused of being culturally insensitive and/or racist for making fun of Robert Niels fits

This, but also in another thread Gofted* hater's board has an anti Hassan Piker sticker leading him in direct alignment with the proud boys

This thread makes me glad I am not American.

besides the fact that we are, does this thread confirm that most Americans are fat loud dumb and racist?

God Guns and Country I say

is that how it goes?

Lol. Eldee is definitely a human. He’s like a raider on horse back who’s kinda scared to do battle. Somehow he closes his eyes and swings his sword wildly and wakes up in a pile of dead orcs.

i used to skate

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -27
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.

Colin Robinson

• Rep: 67
  • energy vampire
« Reply #304 on: March 12, 2024, 09:09:33 AM »
Dim Tool is a fucking cunt.

reptar_bar

• Rep: -7
« Reply #305 on: March 12, 2024, 09:15:32 AM »
So many fucking morons on this website. So what if he’s making 200k from YouTube and Patreon? It’s not like he’s taking anything away from your local skate shop or favorite company. Dude is literally making content that is being consumed and getting paid for it.

If that’s actually something bothering you then I really don’t know what to tell you. Maybe get a life or spend some of your own time trying to make some more money. Either way his income for making YouTube / patreon content should have no bearing on your life.

parasocial skater

• Rep: -5
« Reply #306 on: March 12, 2024, 09:19:42 AM »
Who’s better with money, GH or Mikey Taylor?

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -48
« Reply #307 on: March 12, 2024, 09:37:17 AM »
Can someone explain how stock-car is "ingrained in black culture" ? i genuinely don't see it.
This activity is straight from the south, white dominated from the beginning to this day, pretty rednecky to me.
Is there an appropriation mechanism like the N-word or something ?
or is it just the weakest argument to defend Robert (Kneel to fashion money)?

Nascar merch was a pretty hot streetwear trend for a while. Especially them big lettermans jackets with all the sponsors them shits and vintage Dale Earnhardt shirts were really big for a while. I'd imagine that's the aspect of black culture they are talking about but also black people exist in the south and some of them enjoy Nascar. Black people actually be about it they rolling around in Chargers and shit wearing Nascar drip white folk stopped doing that before it was even cool. They too busy with their lifted pickups and fancy coolers.

The term facism these days is like if Bandaid was a buzzword. Not down playing facism as it exists in the modern world, or in previous context historically. Everybody always accusing everyone of being a facist. Labeling everything as facist. It's starting to just be words that dont mean shit. At least in regards to some of this weirdo cancel culture stuff. What even is facism these days anyways shits all so contrived. Escpially when you connecting the dots with the yarn and shit tin foil hat style.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2533
« Reply #308 on: March 12, 2024, 09:37:17 AM »
Expand Quote
Tim pool vid is up on Patreon
[close]

youtube link
https://youtu.be/aot4JG1EKkE?si=8r0bVS4aFXYVP6TJ

20:47
This is absolutely a transphobic talking point...

Did he even do any research on this? This is the podium photo from that contest that Silverman is talking about, with the trans woman in first place and Silverman to her right. What physical disadvantage is GH talking about? Being stronger and taller than the winner?

Also, Silverman has lost to literal prepubescent girls in a previous contest (probably more than one, but this is the first link I found https://theboardr.com/results/7281/Exposure-Womens-Vert-Open). Silverman is clearly just a sore loser turned grifter. Taking her grievance seriously is just playing into the anti-trans panic.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 09:51:56 AM by Alan »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1315
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #309 on: March 12, 2024, 09:46:27 AM »
Expand Quote

Because it's easier to just point out a problematic take than to offer a solution, I will bite and ask, what do you think is the best solution? Is it possible to want trans to have all the rights afforded to everyone and still think there are some unfair advantages for trans women to compete? My take is, have competitions be open to all genders, with skill tiers (based on standardized scores for tricks plus obstacle multipliers). If a skater surpasses the cap for a skill tier, they get bumped up.

If you think trans people should be able to enter as it stands now, I am willing to read your reasoning as well. As a disclaimer, Taylor Silverman is a clown and absolutely handled this topic in the worst way possible.

Additionally, GH seems to skate regularly with people in this community. Not that it's their responsibility to, but if they want, maybe he should platform them on their takes. 

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #310 on: March 12, 2024, 09:56:49 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]
Because it's easier to just point out a problematic take than to offer a solution, I will bite and ask, what do you think is the best solution? Is it possible to want trans to have all the rights afforded to everyone and still think there are some unfair advantages for trans women to compete? My take is, have competitions be open to all genders, with skill tiers (based on standardized scores for tricks plus obstacle multipliers). If a skater surpasses the cap for a skill tier, they get bumped up.

If you think trans people should be able to enter as it stands now, I am willing to read your reasoning as well. As a disclaimer, Taylor Silverman is a clown and absolutely handled this topic in the worst way possible.

Additionally, GH seems to skate regularly with people in this community. Not that it's their responsibility to, but if they want, maybe he should platform them on their takes. 

See my edited post. This was just a manufactured story. More broadly, it is a panic, just like the bathroom stuff. Just blown out of proportion with the intent to cause more harm to a very vulnerable group.

ChrisSennsGirlfriend

• Rep: 130
« Reply #311 on: March 12, 2024, 09:59:03 AM »
above all i believe in and promote equality.

and equality for me means that no one, regardless of race, ethnicity, nationality, age, social class, gender identity, or sexual preferences should be exempt from ridicule for choosing to look like david loy auditioning for the fast and furious.
Mike Anderson is a small town labor union hottie

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #312 on: March 12, 2024, 10:19:15 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

See my edited post. This was just a manufactured story. More broadly, it is a panic, just like the bathroom stuff. Just blown out of proportion with the intent to cause more harm to a very vulnerable group.
I get this particular case is ridiculous but I'm thinking about the future of trans women competing. Not considering any of it because of this specific case is short sighted I think. If we approach this without ill intent and think of a good way to include all athletes, I think its a worthy conversation. We can recognize that this talking point is weaponized to cause harm and still know there's a worthy discussion to be had. Otherwise, it feels like it's just "Oh they are just trying to be dicks. Let's just call it that until the next viral moment that outrages every side."

Again, my original idea of skill tier'd competitions that is genderless seems doable unless there's an obvious fault to it. I think it's inclusive and also merit based.

Also, it's funny he criticizes tim pool later on in the vid for causing unwarranted outrage while saying what he did about Taylor.

Getoffmycurb

• Rep: -9
« Reply #313 on: March 12, 2024, 10:20:59 AM »
Expand Quote
Can someone explain how stock-car is "ingrained in black culture" ? i genuinely don't see it.
This activity is straight from the south, white dominated from the beginning to this day, pretty rednecky to me.
Is there an appropriation mechanism like the N-word or something ?
or is it just the weakest argument to defend Robert (Kneel to fashion money)?
[close]

Nascar merch was a pretty hot streetwear trend for a while. Especially them big lettermans jackets with all the sponsors them shits and vintage Dale Earnhardt shirts were really big for a while. I'd imagine that's the aspect of black culture they are talking about but also black people exist in the south and some of them enjoy Nascar. Black people actually be about it they rolling around in Chargers and shit wearing Nascar drip white folk stopped doing that before it was even cool. They too busy with their lifted pickups and fancy coolers.

The term facism these days is like if Bandaid was a buzzword. Not down playing facism as it exists in the modern world, or in previous context historically. Everybody always accusing everyone of being a facist. Labeling everything as facist. It's starting to just be words that dont mean shit. At least in regards to some of this weirdo cancel culture stuff. What even is facism these days anyways shits all so contrived. Escpially when you connecting the dots with the yarn and shit tin foil hat style.

Thank you for your input. Skateboarding was generally a white thing until Ray Barbee came around. I know there were others, he's jus my favorite. But jacki Robinson in baseball, tiger woods in golf. Basketball. I know you all don't think skateboarding is a sport. Are we saying here that gifted hater is like this ole granpa that is upset these kids are mucking up our thing. I'm not so much bothered by fits as what's actually going on in your head. At some point girl broke from plan b and everything went mad basic. Plain white tee normal sized pants. It's classy. All these attention seeking outfits I feel like kids want attention suggests they can't let the skateboarding do the talking. They need to compensate. Nothing drippy you wear ever improves a clip. I promise you 20 years from now, you will wish you were wearing a plain white t and normal pants in that banger.. we are skateboarding though. Not as old as some of these other things but I feel we should be able to make fun of each other on and off the court. I'm sure Shaq himself would call Robert Neal a corny ass Dennis rodman. That shit is funny. If you're getting roasted you're probably loved. I'm not gifted hater but I'll liken him to pat bev or Draymond.  If he talking about you, you a problem... That's a good thing. He's the best thing that could have ever happened for Nyjah. alll us old guys love Nyjah more than sammytown from Fang. . gifted is playing a villain but how much press all these black kids getting? Tons! Gifted loves you. He is not skip Bayless. He actually skates. The list of skaters above he's trashed is a testament to how much he appreciates the content you're providing. Wear what you want. Gifted hater is by no means an authority on anything. His opinion doesn't really matter like that. He's got tons of mental disorders like most other skaters. If you love gifted hater like he loves you then wear the most outrageous shit you can find when you do your lil bangers and half court shots. YouTube is not going to ban him. They actually have experts look into that stuff. What's truly racist is this messageboard. I've sifted through this place a ton and these moderators should be in prison.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 10:30:17 AM by Getoffmycurb »

Getoffmycurb

« Reply #314 on: March 12, 2024, 10:27:01 AM »
I also compare gifted to Pat bev or Draymond cause he's a defensive anchor for skateboarding. It's nice to have an uncensored microphone outside the slap messageboard. We are not going to get banned from posting comments on his videos, like the slap messageboard bans all posts and posters they disagree with.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
« Reply #315 on: March 12, 2024, 10:41:48 AM »
@camel filters If you're asking me to look at the bigger picture, I'd offer a counterargument that trans people in sports is already being used as a backdoor tactic to normalize imposing wider restrictions on them. Meeting the people who push for these restriction halfway or whatever is already an L. The fact that some trans skaters have won some 3rd tier contests shouldn't raise any alarm bells, imho. Who cares.

And btw, this case is ridiculous to you and me, but it's clearly being used uncritically by GH to JAQ-off. His viewers won't take the time to look into the details and will just take his word for it.

DillsDarts

• Rep: -22
« Reply #316 on: March 12, 2024, 10:44:20 AM »
If you seriously think commenting on a community through comedic dialogue and including every aspect / group of that community is racist or fascist, it’s time to log off… Calling out someone in a hot-wheels jacket for being stupid is not racist or even a sliver or a micro-aggression, it’s comedic commentary. What he is doing is all supposed to be from a comedic angle, so if you are fine with the jokeshe’s making about white people, and clearly understand that what he is saying is a joke, how when he makes the same jokes about other races is it seen as racist? Are you racist enough to think that these groups can’t take jokes? There is no arbitrary line in the sand of what is funny and what is not, somethings will be funny to some and not to others, just like tastebuds…
'Offensive career gets one do over, last attitude gets two tries. Cariuma riders have a bigger margin for error but will ultimately be decided by the referee'.
[/quote]

Newphone

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -531
« Reply #317 on: March 12, 2024, 11:14:28 AM »
@camel filters If you're asking me to look at the bigger picture, I'd offer a counterargument that trans people in sports is already being used as a backdoor tactic to normalize imposing wider restrictions on them. Meeting the people who push for these restriction halfway or whatever is already an L. The fact that some trans skaters have won some 3rd tier contests shouldn't raise any alarm bells, imho. Who cares.

And btw, this case is ridiculous to you and me, but it's clearly being used uncritically by GH to JAQ-off. His viewers won't take the time to look into the details and will just take his word for it.

It’s being used as a weapon but that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a clear cut issue.  The southern border is also being used as a weapon, but both sides agree that the policies regarding the boarder are in need of addressing.

I get what you are feeling/ saying here Alan, that ceding any ground on an issue to someone who’s motives are questionable or disingenuous can be problematic or be a slippery slope for use in issues that are less deserving of ANY compromise, but that stance has its own negative secondary and tertiary effects.  To moderate or independent Americans appearing immovable on problems that seem more nuanced (say someone who’s all for trans rights but thinks that there is work to be done in figuring out the right solution vis-à-vis competitive sports) I don’t think this stance is always effective in winning over the majority to your side.  I think this is the exact reason that the right focuses on these issues, to make the left look illogical to the moderate, and ideally win these moderates over.

I’m not saying I agree with GH take on the issue (haven’t heard that part yet) but I think it’s ok to have a stance such as “that particular issue is developing, and I’m not 100% sure what the solution should be when it comes to competition.  I know that I want a solution that is non discriminatory, fair, and compassionate to all competitors though.”

I do agree that it is usually the a far right religious competitor who has been the figure head of these complaints, but I don’t think the validity of the complaint should be judged by who the   complainant is.  That’s pretty foundational to American law.

While Taylor’s case can be seen as low stakes, the ncaa swimming case that received national attention (in no small part due to republicans using it for political gains) is something that will sway sway the electorate in coming elections.  It’s important to address it fairly and appear thoughtful of it’s implications.

Aerozzmith

• Rep: 5
« Reply #318 on: March 12, 2024, 11:26:27 AM »
Gofted Hater should just start talking shit on Slap to fully complete the Ouroboros of internet skateboard commentary mad hating. This is starting to feel 4D.

herecomesaregular

• Rep: -7
« Reply #319 on: March 12, 2024, 11:29:38 AM »
To that fascist piece of shit, GH for whatever he’s saying in agreement, and you that are wishy-washy half-justifying transphobic nonsense: trans people have literally always existed, always played sports, and always competed in things. You are only even aware and give a shit now because the far right wants trans people out of public life completely or dead, so they use this as a wedge issue to normalize trans panic and dehumanize trans women.

It’s not even remotely difficult to just leave trans people the fuck alone.

Do that.

Getoffmycurb

« Reply #320 on: March 12, 2024, 11:37:12 AM »
And if anyone's reading at all, I was just trolling with fuck Nascar comments, anything on wheels is pretty sick, just more into monster trucks. I haven't seen any of these Robert Neal clips yet but now am very intrigued. Must be some bangers, maybe it's a superstitious  jacket. I think skaters can ball and do any sports. Leticia driving race cars too and few skaters in town fix up their cars. Sends a good message to young skaters. You don't have to do this bullshit, you can race cars. Skateboarding should be a stepping stone to do greater things. I think if there were more interest in monster trucks, we could get rid of a lot of these homeless camps, Is gifted saying black kids shouldn't be driving race cars? I'm starting to see why gifted feels so threatened.

On the other hand you are mixing two things, like skaters and thrasher gatekeeping, Nascar fans don't get mad at their fans for wearing the jackets. Unlike skateboarding they appreciate the support. I actually love gas guzzling Nascar, and that's not the point..

Does he even drive a race car? The clip makes me wanna see his race car. I think gifted wants to see the race car too. Think about all the autistic skaters out there.. I gotta see the whip. Hypothetically. Right? You wouldn't be repping Nascar if you weren't into that shit.. if you're making good money as pro skater, it just seems to make sense the next step up would be racing cars, especially that freestyle gymkhana stuff. Monster trucks are actually hitting rails upside down and doing shit. Son of grave digger is awesome. Lots of resources..

But yeah just more into monster trucks Nascar is cool. Anything on wheels is a go, especially when there's 4 of em and the tires are made with children's blood.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 12:52:05 PM by Getoffmycurb »

sk4terX

• Rep: -33
« Reply #321 on: March 12, 2024, 11:38:19 AM »
To the peeps rushing to defend GH

He associates with Ricky Glaser and Tim Pool

/fucking thread

sk4terX

« Reply #322 on: March 12, 2024, 11:39:10 AM »
To that fascist piece of shit, GH for whatever he’s saying in agreement, and you that are wishy-washy half-justifying transphobic nonsense: trans people have literally always existed, always played sports, and always competed in things. You are only even aware and give a shit now because the far right wants trans people out of public life completely or dead, so they use this as a wedge issue to normalize trans panic and dehumanize trans women.

Do that.

Based

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #323 on: March 12, 2024, 11:39:52 AM »

Meeting these people halfway was not on my agenda. My suggestion for the genderless, skill tier based competition was a theory that could have even more trans people compete openly and on the merit of their skills (which is what everyone wants to be judged by). I wouldn't say alarm bells were raised by Ricci winning a inconsequential contest. I would just say it makes me think of what a sustainable competition environment where no one has to hide to compete would look like.

Do that.
Or we can just do this. Business as usual because it's been wonderful.

Getoffmycurb

« Reply #324 on: March 12, 2024, 11:55:54 AM »

/fucking thread

Ricky Glaser is deplorable, tim pool is insignificant. His skateboarding skills do not merit his opinion worthy of being considered on a skateboarding messageboard. Jason Jesse's opinion here should be more valid than Tim pools. Aaron kyro, one of the most deplorable people alive's opinion should be considered over tim pool. Steve berra, Yonnie's herpes, Jesse Vieira, Weckingball, Forrest Edwards, Biebel, Terry Kennedy, Gator,Mikey Taylor, opinion over Tim Pool. Fuck that guy. He has contributed zero nothing to skateboarding. Why the fuck are you even talking about this guy here? Get that shit off your screen. That's not skateboarding related at all, it's entirely different content for different types of folks that really love Nascar and are terrified of black kids driving race cars.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 01:58:35 PM by Getoffmycurb »

grandslam

• Rep: 47
« Reply #325 on: March 12, 2024, 12:00:53 PM »

/fucking thread

Am I crazy or was that entire video absolutely SHITTING on Tim Pool and his persona / politics? Are we living in two different universes? The dude has never even crossed paths with the guy and spends over an hour shutting down his takes.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2024, 12:10:01 PM by grandslam »

sk4terX

« Reply #326 on: March 12, 2024, 12:10:31 PM »
Wants to throw all this heat on gifted hater but cant handle a little heat over himself, remember that next time you try to do this to people

literally go fuck your own face

Getoffmycurb

« Reply #327 on: March 12, 2024, 12:16:41 PM »
Expand Quote

/fucking thread
[close]

Am I crazy or was that entire video absolutely SHITTING on Tim Pool and his persona / politics? Are we living in two different universes? The dude has never even crossed paths with the guy and spends over an hour shutting down his takes.

For real. I don't even watch gifted hater cause I have zero interest in watching skateboarding and that's all he covers but I've seen enough of his videos. The way he did Nakel made me actually see what a trust fund piece of shit that lotties guy is and not interested in a lot of that shit anymore brands that do graphics with that guy. I give Nyjah the benefit of the doubt. I've seen enough that if I do wanna see what's going on in skating maybe look at a video, probably not, def not watching 99 % of anything skateboarding related. It's all the same shit.

Aaron Kyro is probably in reality 100 times worse than Tim Pool though. When he got caught with that pedo in his squad, is when that ship shoulda sank. Anyone in the industry supporting that guy or doing business with him should really rethink that, cause that shit is super sketchy.. I'm surprised not surprised he's getting away with that shit in the bay. I guess the kids in the Nascar jackets don't know about his dirty business.

grandslam

• Rep: 47
« Reply #328 on: March 12, 2024, 12:19:10 PM »
Off topic but because you brought it up, Mike from Lottie’s is far from a trust fund piece of shit. Don’t know how you came to that conclusion from a GH video.

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

/fucking thread
[close]

[close]

For real. I don't even watch gifted hater cause I have zero interest in watching skateboarding and that's all he covers but I've seen enough of his videos. The way he did Nakel made me actually see what a trust fund piece of shit that lotties guy is

Hypnotoad

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #329 on: March 12, 2024, 12:24:38 PM »
Jesus I had never encountered Tim Pool until this new GH video

He’s maybe the dumbest motherfucker I’ve ever heard talk