Author Topic: Am purgatory  (Read 2808 times)

diplodocus

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 162
  • long neck
Am purgatory
« on: March 17, 2024, 01:15:28 AM »
Who are some ams that are currently stuck in purgatory? Ams that are stuck there.

Couple that come to mind:

Emile
Ariana Spencer 

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
Re: Am purgatory
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2024, 01:21:21 AM »
girl/chocolate
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 532
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2024, 06:28:17 AM »
Did real ever turn Damian Bravo pro?
Also massimo was am forever even before real he was am for blind I feel like pre what if?

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3384
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2024, 07:54:56 AM »
Expand Quote
girl/chocolate
[close]

Curiosity will kill a Cat, but Satisfaction will always bring it back.

I’m not sure I understand , girl/chocolate purgatory. I understand, if you want your best chances, lakai/Crailtap conglomerate hasn’t always worked for everyone during the Mid-2000’s, post Lakai videos probably had A LOT OF KIDS wearing the shoes, and trying to make videos doing Both the shoes and the board thing. I get it. I really do. I assume a lot of people just, put their faith into Rick, Mike, Megan, and Spike without assumingly, sending emails, making phone calls , or reaching out, in the most professional manner.
Never the less, I’d say that says more about the status of the mindset of the skaters themselves, and recognizing that they Chose to use Girl/chocolate last minute instead of reaching out to, anybody else.
I’d also assume, that most of these skaters in the last , fuck 20 years made a sponsor me tape. Maybe got product, maybe got told to make another. And a lot of people probably made another… and then didn’t get on and lost hope in “professionalism” under that umbrella.

Professionalism is a hard thing to be. Let alone, if your trying to be sponsored at like 16, 18, 20… how many of these kids now -a-days suffer from mental health so bad that, yeah, they don’t know how to set themselves up for success. Therefore, I find it unrealistic unless you have a brand recognize someone who wants to be more, do more, and produce more, when they aren’t doing that already a decade alone themselves…
People in business, want people to be , Business professional. So if you’re going to represent a company, it’s probably best to , act like someone you’re not. And I can’t say that’s what Girl/chocolate wants, but I’d assume that because selling shoes and Boards is a business, and representation and community is everything, they aren’t going to put on “local Joe who dropped that one video”.

Just my opinion.

I would rather, see people who aren’t professional, not necessarily bomb themselves back. I’d rather people just stick to their guns, and work harder for their local community, than go online, and just talk shit about what makes someone this , and someone else that, who’s pro vs who’s not going to have a career here…
Ask yourself this:
Why judge people.
What makes your comment , actually worth while to read.
Why snipe, like a little child bickering with their friends in a hockey locker room?
Do you honestly think your better, for riding a new board brand (all scuffed, full skated, probably needs replacing?) while that one , poor kid in the corner got a free new chocolate board and is ripping and wants to push himself to be a better athlete, artist, or human being?
Do you think, that just chocolate and girl are pergatory, or do you think that, any brand started before 1995 is a dead program to assault your way into?

If anyone has any questions, concerns, find me in Detroit. Trying to do better for my community. Not caring whether I get a call or email back. I received the call and email back I needed already, and they were kind and generous. 13 boards. No invoice. Sell a few if you needed to. Give them to that one kid who emailed (insert your favorite company owner here)  for the shop.

I think what skateboarding needs to be reminded of, this is a community. This is everyone. Local and not local. You can choose to hide. You can choose to do, whatever you want. But I don’t think ….

“ am pergatory”  - Is a healthy conversation to have.

Ask yourself, what do they do, that I don’t?
What do they do, that I haven’t yet?
How much footage, does it genuinely take, to make a single good part , with little to 0 B-roll footage?
Then, go and make some shit you feel is worth sharing, and don’t post it. Email is directly. Or don’t. Post it, and hold your rights to that footage and views forever. I don’t care.
But please, everyone , do yourselves a favor.

Get some mental health help or a check or get a fucking job, or better yet, enlighten yourself to education. Mark suicu did it, so can you.

This reminds me of when I used to eat meth.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1080
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2024, 08:20:02 AM »
Yeah I ain’t reading all of that
I’m not happy for you
I’m not sorry that happened

Makaveli

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -608
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2024, 08:25:36 AM »
I feel like Zac Coyne has been an for Habitat forever, not that anyone remotely cares tho
I’m a ghost that everyone can see.

manuduncan

• Rep: 28
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2024, 09:08:12 AM »
girl/chocolate

they turned erik herrera and rowan davis pro pretty quick tho so maybe theyre trying to course correct?

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 143
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2024, 09:12:42 AM »
obviously nick matthews....bummer. wish he was pro

fineslime

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 140
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2024, 09:45:43 AM »
Did real ever turn Damian Bravo pro?
Also massimo was am forever even before real he was am for blind I feel like pre what if?

they did not. he goes in-depth on the subject in his bunt interview.

Crust

• Rep: 47
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2024, 10:06:16 AM »
obviously nick matthews....bummer. wish he was pro

What more does he have to do?

h00man

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 134
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2024, 11:07:46 AM »
sorry everyone, I was referring to Crail never putting new ams on the team, which is sort of like purgatory, but flow... my bad.

I still stand by it though!
she can ride dick ham ham no joke ham

Southernmost

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2024, 11:11:27 AM »
I don’t think these guys are stuck but I found it weird Primitive didn’t turn any of those guys pro after the most recent video Day Dream. Jaeb, Mota, Kyo all skate at a pro level in my opinion and I assume they can all sell bloards.

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -513
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2024, 11:24:56 AM »
Expand Quote
girl/chocolate
[close]

they turned erik herrera and rowan davis pro pretty quick tho so maybe theyre trying to course correct?

2000-2015 crailtap yeah . Modern crailtap no one’s been on longer than 3 years without turning pro.
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

MOE SYZLAK

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 850
  • "I never got to taste cantaloupe"
    • Cassette Skate Shop avatar image
« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2024, 11:54:45 AM »
ZacK Gracie Has been on WKND forever, so many of his peers have gotten the nod and rightfully so... but damn.
It said "on paid" in his part in Death Dance but you think they'd turn him pro by now.

TheLurper

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #14 on: March 17, 2024, 12:23:23 PM »
Get some mental health help

Yes. This sounds like a good idea. For your sake--and possibly those around you-- I suggest you follow this advice.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1132
« Reply #15 on: March 17, 2024, 12:40:42 PM »
Reggie Kelly has been zero/fallen loyal for ever. I think he was on fallen before pre relaunch. Dues seem paid

https://youtu.be/2-hc7C3jCFc?si=ci5_EnwpYB0xdTJQ

Shitbag

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 166
  • A mystery wrapped inside a Twinkie
« Reply #16 on: March 17, 2024, 12:48:48 PM »
Expand Quote
girl/chocolate
[close]

When they put Leo Takayama on Chocolate and Lakai fully then maybe the world will be alright.

Cheshire Cat

• Rep: 82
« Reply #17 on: March 17, 2024, 12:57:26 PM »
Reggie Kelly has been zero/fallen loyal for ever. I think he was on fallen before pre relaunch. Dues seem paid

Yeah Reggie rips. Always puts out good stuff.

Did Peter Watkins ever go pro for Black Label? I loved his skating. Feel like a load of semi-promising skaters from the 2000s languished in am status or vanished from the industry.

Also wasn’t Robbie McKinley am for 5-10 years before his career stopped?

Morning Jazz Radio

• Rep: 20
  • Have your coffee with some jazz!
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2024, 03:03:10 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
girl/chocolate
[close]

[close]
When they put Leo Takayama on Chocolate and Lakai fully then maybe the world will be alright.

Couldn't agree more.

banksandledges

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 207
« Reply #19 on: March 17, 2024, 03:17:06 PM »
Joey Bast

Ninj2

• Rep: -106
« Reply #20 on: March 17, 2024, 03:52:38 PM »
Am as fuck

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2024, 09:05:13 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Did Peter Watkins ever go pro for Black Label? I loved his skating. Feel like a load of semi-promising skaters from the 2000s languished in am status or vanished from the industry.

Robbie McKinley had a handful of boards

HousePlant

• Rep: -1
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2024, 09:33:17 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

For girl? only remember the board posthumously

OrcasIndaPark

• Rep: -16
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2024, 03:26:11 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
girl/chocolate
[close]

I’m not sure I understand , girl/chocolate purgatory. I understand, if you want your best chances, lakai/Crailtap conglomerate hasn’t always worked for everyone during the Mid-2000’s, post Lakai videos probably had A LOT OF KIDS wearing the shoes, and trying to make videos doing Both the shoes and the board thing. I get it. I really do. I assume a lot of people just, put their faith into Rick, Mike, Megan, and Spike without assumingly, sending emails, making phone calls , or reaching out, in the most professional manner.
Never the less, I’d say that says more about the status of the mindset of the skaters themselves, and recognizing that they Chose to use Girl/chocolate last minute instead of reaching out to, anybody else.
I’d also assume, that most of these skaters in the last , fuck 20 years made a sponsor me tape. Maybe got product, maybe got told to make another. And a lot of people probably made another… and then didn’t get on and lost hope in “professionalism” under that umbrella.

Professionalism is a hard thing to be. Let alone, if your trying to be sponsored at like 16, 18, 20… how many of these kids now -a-days suffer from mental health so bad that, yeah, they don’t know how to set themselves up for success. Therefore, I find it unrealistic unless you have a brand recognize someone who wants to be more, do more, and produce more, when they aren’t doing that already a decade alone themselves…
People in business, want people to be , Business professional. So if you’re going to represent a company, it’s probably best to , act like someone you’re not. And I can’t say that’s what Girl/chocolate wants, but I’d assume that because selling shoes and Boards is a business, and representation and community is everything, they aren’t going to put on “local Joe who dropped that one video”.

Just my opinion.

I would rather, see people who aren’t professional, not necessarily bomb themselves back. I’d rather people just stick to their guns, and work harder for their local community, than go online, and just talk shit about what makes someone this , and someone else that, who’s pro vs who’s not going to have a career here…
Ask yourself this:
Why judge people.
Why snipe, like a little child bickering with their friends in a hockey locker room?
Do you honestly think your better, for riding a new board brand (all scuffed, full skated, probably needs replacing?) while that one , poor kid in the corner got a free new chocolate board and is ripping and wants to push himself to be a better athlete, artist, or human being?
Do you think, that just chocolate and girl are pergatory, or do you think that, any brand started before 1995 is a dead program to assault your way into?

If anyone has any questions, concerns, find me in Detroit. Trying to do better for my community. Not caring whether I get a call or email back. I received the call and email back I needed already, and they were kind and generous. 13 boards. No invoice. Sell a few if you needed to. Give them to that one kid who emailed (insert your favorite company owner here)  for the shop.

I think what skateboarding needs to be reminded of, this is a community. This is everyone. Local and not local. You can choose to hide. You can choose to do, whatever you want. But I don’t think ….

How much footage, does it genuinely take, to make a single good part , with little to 0 B-roll footage?
Then, go and make some shit you feel is worth sharing, and don’t post it. Email is directly. Or don’t. Post it, and hold your rights to that footage and views forever. I don’t care.

Get some mental health help or a check or get a fucking job, or better yet, enlighten yourself to education. Mark suicu did it, so can you.
[close]

^^^^ you said it, I didn’t. Shrug. Hope you’re more sober now. Hope you’re better than you were a year ago, let alone 2 years ago. ^^^^

Cool name by the way. Hope that also makes you happier in the long run.

OrcasIndaPark

• Rep: -16
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2024, 03:40:50 AM »
sorry everyone, I was referring to Crail never putting new ams on the team, which is sort of like purgatory, but flow... my bad.

I still stand by it though!

And I’m not angry or fried over your take! I think it’s a solid, well put togather, feeling across ALL OF SKATEBOARDING. I don’t know how to help the situation, but I feel like it’s disingenuous to Point the Finger in one direction.
Real, Girl/chocolate. Sure I agree with those two.
But, like, can’t we just be consumers of our favorite shit and just be good at what we do? What does being “sponsored professional skateboarder” really entail anymore if Ryan Lay’s new interview involves him… guess what, MOSTLY NOT SKATING. It seems that’s where, skateboarding wants us. To not skateboard. Or stop all togather. Not even, just enjoy our time with it while we have it still. Just seems, awkward. We’re talking about a whole industry of people, who I feel are put on a pedestal. Sounds a lot like believing in “false idols”. Never the less, they don’t care about us. THEY CARE ABOUT OUR DOLLAR.

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 112
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2024, 05:01:03 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

Nah he never turned pro for girl or anyone, idk  Twist is on about

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2024, 05:56:29 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’ve seen pictures of the boards, maybe they were after the fact

Shortys Hardware

• Rep: 112
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2024, 06:34:10 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

I’ve seen pictures of the boards, maybe they were after the fact

I dont think so. he quit and there was no plans from girl to turn him pro,why would they make a handful of boards after the fact? this would have been mentioned in his chromeball at the least. makes no sense. like other poster said one off board was made with his name on it for the girl 30 year anniversary

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3384
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2024, 06:41:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
girl/chocolate
[close]

Just my opinion.

Ask yourself this:
Why judge people.

[close]

[close]

^^^^ you said it, I didn’t. Shrug. Hope you’re more sober now. Hope you’re better than you were a year ago, let alone 2 years ago. ^^^^

Cool name by the way. Hope that also makes you happier in the long run.

Oh I sail through each and every day just about as giddy, delighted, and effervescent as a human could possibly be.

Eurolurker56

• Rep: 1
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2024, 07:47:30 AM »
HERMAN STENE. What the fuck real????