Poll

Qu� dices?

Si
47 (83.9%)
No
9 (16.1%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Author Topic: Is the US controlled by an unspoken oligarchy?  (Read 2031 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1138
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Is the US controlled by an unspoken oligarchy?
« on: March 24, 2024, 04:37:35 PM »

:o
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

IUTSM

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1422
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: Is the US controlled by an unspoken oligarchy?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2024, 04:44:54 PM »
Idk bout unspoken. Dem foos sure say a lot but what would i know? Im just an inconvenienced millionaire
Support your local skate shop

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2024, 05:10:12 PM »
No, the obviously powerful have the greatest influence over society. CEOs, politicians, wealthy families, etc. all have much stronger voices than we do.

Influence is the key word as they do not simply control things, they are often incompetent/misinformed, and even though they share many overlapping interests, there are still battles for power amongst the elites.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2024, 06:47:34 PM »
Just a bunch of rich people. Some are related to each other.

oyolar

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 405
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2024, 08:11:54 PM »
Get the fuck out of here with this antisemitic bullshit.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2024, 09:50:38 PM »
It's always the mystery that people fear, but when the pedos are in plain sight, or the corruption is right in front of your eyes, it's not enough. 

EXTRA SPICY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 334
  • Low Scovilles
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2024, 11:15:12 PM »
Just give me the pill and the steak yo. The spoon is real.
We need Malto to release the pic of Biebel drunk in an elevator with his wiener hanging out.

Gnarfunkell

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2024, 05:28:02 AM »
You mean Raymond Reddington and The Cabal?

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2024, 03:09:01 PM »
i mean the courts just told dump he only has to pony up 1/3 of what he was initially told and gave him plenty of additional time to do it. That's not happening for you or me.

how about the congress people who are raking in big bucks while running the country along corporate lines?

how about the supreme court justices hanging out with our oligarchs? Harlan Crow anyone?

how about the hidden money, continually tweaked in favor of the rich tax codes, and the motherfucking yachts?

yghartsyrt

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 244
« Reply #9 on: March 26, 2024, 07:17:18 AM »

This!

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 272
  • sup dog
« Reply #10 on: March 26, 2024, 07:36:58 AM »
Please do break down in detail what an oligarch is and how it exists in the US.

I would very much like to learn more about this fascinating topic.
I’m not letting my YouTube algorithm anywhere near that video.

Reese Bruno

• Rep: -32
« Reply #11 on: March 26, 2024, 08:10:49 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

This!

Wow are you scared? Topic definitely does not say anything implying race or religion you fucking clowns. Keep bringing up race in every conversation no matter it's relevance. Makes you look suuuuuuuper cool.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #12 on: March 26, 2024, 08:46:56 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This!
[close]

Wow are you scared? Topic definitely does not say anything implying race or religion you fucking clowns. Keep bringing up race in every conversation no matter it's relevance. Makes you look suuuuuuuper cool.

dude .....
i hope i don't come across condescending, but i have the impression you don't have an understanding what modern antisemitism means. Modern day antisemitism might show itself differently than in anti-jewish stereotypes. More often it uses codes and certain patterns of explaining the world. In this case: the world being run by a small shadow (unspoken) elite is a common antisemitic world view. this means that the word jew does not need to be included – it is implied.

that doesn't mean that the OP is necessarily an antisemite or that he wanted to push such agenda , but the idea he used has similarities.

plus, this is not some sjw bullshit, but current state of academic discussion for many years.

Reese Bruno

• Rep: -32
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2024, 09:11:05 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This!
[close]

[close]

dude .....
i hope i don't come across condescending, but i have the impression you don't have an understanding what modern antisemitism means. Modern day antisemitism might show itself differently than in anti-jewish stereotypes. More often it uses codes and certain patterns of explaining the world. In this case: the world being run by a small shadow (unspoken) elite is a common antisemitic world view. this means that the word jew does not need to be included – it is implied.

that doesn't mean that the OP is necessarily an antisemite or that he wanted to push such agenda , but the idea he used has similarities.

plus, this is not some sjw bullshit, but current state of academic discussion for many years.
Dude the only person who is trying to change the subject into some heated antisemitic shit is you. Literally no one brought that shit up but you. If you're searching for a soapbox for that agenda maybe start your own topic huh

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #14 on: March 26, 2024, 10:45:41 AM »
I’m still waiting for my full thesis on American Oligarchies.

Alan

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2529
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2024, 11:58:27 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

This!
[close]

This is very close to NWO/world government/globalist antisemitic dogwhistles, so of course people will react strongly.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2024, 12:17:56 PM by Alan »
Hosin' out the cab of his pickup truck
He's got his 8-track playin' really fuckin' loud

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2024, 01:27:27 PM »

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/231898807_Oligarchy_in_the_United_States

If you can't take the time to read a thesis and lit review,

We explore the possibility that the US political system can usefully be characterized as oligarchic. Using a material-based definition drawn from Aristotle, we argue that oligarchy is not inconsistent with democracy; that oligarchs need not occupy formal office or conspire together or even engage extensively in politics in order to prevail; that great wealth can provide both the resources and the motivation to exert potent political influence. Data on the US distributions of income and wealth are used to construct several Material Power Indices, which suggest that the wealthiest Americans may exert vastly greater political influence than average citizens and that a very small group of the wealthiest (perhaps the top tenth of 1 percent) may have sufficient power to dominate policy in certain key areas. A brief review of the literature suggests possible mechanisms by which such influence could occur, through lobbying, the electoral process, opinion shaping, and the US Constitution itself.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2024, 06:12:43 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

https://www.researchgate.net/publication/231898807_Oligarchy_in_the_United_States

If you can't take the time to read a thesis and lit review,

We explore the possibility that the US political system can usefully be characterized as oligarchic. Using a material-based definition drawn from Aristotle, we argue that oligarchy is not inconsistent with democracy; that oligarchs need not occupy formal office or conspire together or even engage extensively in politics in order to prevail; that great wealth can provide both the resources and the motivation to exert potent political influence. Data on the US distributions of income and wealth are used to construct several Material Power Indices, which suggest that the wealthiest Americans may exert vastly greater political influence than average citizens and that a very small group of the wealthiest (perhaps the top tenth of 1 percent) may have sufficient power to dominate policy in certain key areas. A brief review of the literature suggests possible mechanisms by which such influence could occur, through lobbying, the electoral process, opinion shaping, and the US Constitution itself.
You a real one. I’m going to read it.

JM

• SLAP Pal
  • sup dog
« Reply #18 on: March 26, 2024, 07:51:43 PM »
@fuhkin_powahfood_kid

Read it all.

It’s supposition is that the primary interest of any wealthy entity (particularly the top 1/100th of the 1% of total wealth) are to keep their wealth… and use their vast wealth to influence politics in their favor.

So, in that regard, does Oligarchy exist? Well… does having more money mean you can spend more of it on the candidate and policy of your choice?

Yeah. But it doesn’t necessarily mean that primary goal of the wealthy is to maintain that wealth.

I’m sure that even the bottom 90% have no interest in giving away more of their money and would very much like to keep it, it’s just that they don’t have as much financial power to enact policy or elect officials that have their best interest in mind.

Also, the thesis posits that that all ultra-wealthy have a collective interest in the same thing: protecting their wealth. And they do not have to know each other or act in tandem.

This might be simplifying it too much. Different billionaires have different interests, and lumping them together to say they all collectively have the shared interest in protecting their wealth at the expense of the bottom 90%, requires one to come into this thesis paper with the belief that “all billionaires are bad selfish people”.

Maybe they all are, but that would require us to also say that all people are bad and selfish.

Finally, what could be done? There’s ultra wealthy. They have more power to do things than you or I do. So, maybe the best thing to do is for the bottom 90% to get wise and realize (like the thesis pointed out) that they have more collective power (“total group power index”) and should start listening less to the corporation owned media outlets that tell them how to think and vote.

DarthDingusMaximus

« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2024, 01:08:47 PM »
Those that have not will forever enslaved by servitude albeit a job, family, career, rent, bill's, mortgage. We'll say something about it's not fair and it's true because no one owes a living, but we weren't meant to be worked to death for a fraction of the real 1% make.  I'm not going to go in to Art Bell or Alex Jones malarkey as they're definitely idiots. Those that are the have it all will always have the say no matter what we do, we're but pawns to be turned against each other. 

Class war

Chavo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2024, 05:25:05 PM »
Was looking at the Forbes top 400 list. Definitely some repeating surnames: Walton, Koch, Mars, Johnson (two different  families), Lauder. Many are very active in politics. The very top of the list is comprised mostly of "self-made" entrepreneurs (if we could all receive a $250,000 loan for our first business as Mr. Bezos).

The real veganshawn

• Rep: 100
  • What the fuck was that
« Reply #21 on: March 28, 2024, 10:15:13 PM »
Corporate control
Cocteau Twins

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal

Pete

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 666
  • Free Max B
« Reply #23 on: April 10, 2024, 03:07:07 AM »
Obligatory “what about the trillionares whose names we don’t know (like Rothschilds) that don’t want their names printed on a list people pay to be listed on. What’s up with those mfs?” Bc yeah wtf is good with them

Free max b
FREE MAX B

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 305
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #24 on: April 10, 2024, 10:28:30 AM »
^ The next antisemite.

yghartsyrt

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #25 on: April 10, 2024, 01:12:12 PM »
^ The next antisemite.

Agreed.
Rothschild tropes are quite the giveaway

Ninj2

• Rep: -107
« Reply #26 on: April 10, 2024, 01:29:49 PM »
The United States is a monster made by slaves and genocide from the very start till the very end. It’s a war machine not a county. Don’t catch feelings for it . It don’t even know you exist.

Haze

« Reply #27 on: April 10, 2024, 03:13:51 PM »
But hey, I hear those oligarch types are really big on nature - Groves yknow? Heard they like to get together and just hang out…What’s wrong with a little chilling in the grove, baby ?You’re in nature! Relaaax =] check out some owls, some spiders, watch a little play, a little production. I hear they’re huge on the Bohemian way of life. Yeah they’re just decent, normal, good folk. And generous! Wouldn’t you agree??

IUTSM

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #28 on: April 11, 2024, 03:37:32 PM »
 Bohemian Grove as a conspiracy is whatever, and, the land on which those capitalists hold their retreats, as is the case with remainder of old growth forest, was very much stolen from the American people by the oligarchs of the day- timber, real estate, steel, banking, and railroads- “ghost forest: racists, radicals, and real estate in the california redwoods” is an excellent and thorough exploration of capital accumulation, consolidation, and private/political/public interests in the modern capitalist era- merely mentions the “bohemian grove” not as a conspiracy but as a real place

Wienerboy

• Rep: -103
  • Hey you're really cool and definitely not a kook
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2024, 10:02:40 AM »
Expand Quote
^ The next antisemite.
[close]

Agreed.
Rothschild tropes are quite the giveaway

Such eye-rolls. The original poster could very well be talking about "reptilian people" reiterating that no one said anything about Jews anywhere until you brought it up. Jews controlling the media has been a racist conspiratorial trope for decades.  Other conspiracies about people ruling the world include aliens, reptile people, some hive-mind entity, satanists, pedophiles, secret governments, "deep states", etc.

It's only in the past year that people have been over-using "anti-semitic" for everything. Guess it started when Kanye was kooking out hard and coming after Jewish people, which was obviously appalling and deserved to be labeled "anti-semitic". But then after Oct. 6th, when the ever-ongoing Palestine/Israel conflict finally reached the mainstream and people got upset about it all, anyone and everyone that questioned Israel's war tactics were labeled as "anti semitic" and are still being labeled as such. I've seen people post about atrocities in Gaza and be called anti semites for caring that thousands of women and children have been slaughtered at the hands of Israel. Questioning the ethics of war tactics of a militaristic superpower isn't fucking antisemitic.

Stop abusing the word, fuckers.

Just because I care about Palestinian women and children does not mean that I am anti Israeli or anti semitic in any way. Labeling people that are opposed to death and destruction as anti semitic is inherently evil in itself.
If my rep is ever an even number, please kindly throw me either a kook or a gnar in order to return me to my odd number equilibrium.