Author Topic: Career ending injuries?  (Read 3293 times)

JugeL

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Re: Career ending injuries?
« Reply #30 on: April 18, 2024, 03:01:38 PM »
The prospect of long term recovery seems pretty questionable after Skate Moss sustained what appears to be a career ending injury by dating Paul Hart.
Can't end something that never even started

Lou Strux

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2276
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2024, 03:05:17 PM »
Expand Quote
The prospect of long term recovery seems pretty questionable after Skate Moss sustained what appears to be a career ending injury by dating Paul Hart.
[close]
Can't end something that never even started
Touché & too true.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?

TastyBurrito

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 555
« Reply #32 on: April 18, 2024, 03:10:02 PM »
Christopher Reeves getting bucked off his horse.

Potato Rodriguez

• Rep: 2
« Reply #33 on: April 18, 2024, 03:18:13 PM »
Arto Saari’s blows to the head became career ending overtime. Glad he ended up being a great photographer.
He had trouble even remembering tricks he did, TK explains for him here. We all know what sadly happened with TK

https://youtu.be/WdpA-Xhr98A?feature=shared

DERBY

• Rep: 298
« Reply #34 on: April 18, 2024, 06:01:17 PM »

bruh 😭

FunnyBunny

• Rep: 18
« Reply #35 on: April 18, 2024, 06:25:27 PM »
Didn’t Danny renaud fall off a balcony or something and get super fucked up?  Maybe drinking had already ended his career at that point?

Bitchardo Scantron

• Rep: -93
« Reply #36 on: April 18, 2024, 10:18:08 PM »
Didn’t Danny renaud fall off a balcony or something and get super fucked up?  Maybe drinking had already ended his career at that point?

Danny is still pro on Politic and skates, can’t really say it ended his career. But it is insane he was able to even walk again after that and the fall definitely affected his career tremendously.

35mm

• Rep: 29
« Reply #37 on: April 20, 2024, 02:47:35 AM »
I remember some (german?) skater in some gnarly (german?) spot story. I think it was some sort of natural quarter pipe with maybe a drop at the end? He tried to drop in and almost died. Does anyone know what I am talking about and could tell me who it was/more info?

Edit: I found it, it was David Conrads in Cologne. His truck got caught in the ledge towards the end, he fell backwards and hit his head. He almost died. The spot is insane.

« Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 03:16:13 AM by 35mm »

let’s go home

• Rep: 37
« Reply #38 on: April 20, 2024, 03:52:17 AM »
I remember some (german?) skater in some gnarly (german?) spot story. I think it was some sort of natural quarter pipe with maybe a drop at the end? He tried to drop in and almost died. Does anyone know what I am talking about and could tell me who it was/more info?

Edit: I found it, it was David Conrads in Cologne. His truck got caught in the ledge towards the end, he fell backwards and hit his head. He almost died. The spot is insane.

God damn that’s way beyond gnarly! Luckily he survived.

It’s so hard to imagine Natas street skating in -92. In CBI interview he mentioned that pressure flips and ground bouncing flip tricks looked silly to him back then but he liked late shuvits though. He actually was skating after the injury but on his comfort level. Also boards and wheels were way too small for his taste. It’s great that he was able to focus on his passion for art and design.
Still: Natas doing treflips would be such a rad sight.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #39 on: April 20, 2024, 04:15:39 AM »

Shtonk

• Rep: -492
« Reply #40 on: April 20, 2024, 08:03:48 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Pretty sad story tbh. Dude survived but so did his demons, he's been a pile ever since. Met him years ago in Hamburg, it wasn't pretty.

portlandpancake

• Rep: 3
« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2024, 02:25:31 PM »
Victor Aceves. He was (maybe still is an am on emerica). He had that video part where he back smithed walnut. Super gnarly. Apparently he got hurt skating and got foot drop. After that his social media presence basically went away. I hope he can bounce back or at least has found peace with his situation. Must be devastating to be on the come up only to have it all taken away.

tuesday

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 308
  • The mistery of shadows
« Reply #42 on: April 20, 2024, 11:39:13 PM »
Anyone remember Santa Cuz's Richard Kirby? Had a pic of a padless 540s in a backyard pool in Tharsher that left a lasting impression on me. Heard his career was effectively ended by a knee injury.

BootsWithTheFerg

• Rep: -48
« Reply #43 on: April 21, 2024, 02:46:08 AM »
Mike Mo
Colt Cannon (knee and heart issues)
Ryan Smith (motorcycle/knee)
Nick Dompierre (broken neck, can still skate but that injury basically was the trigger for the end of his professional skateboarding career)
Cardiel (ran over by u haul, spine issues, can skate but it's difficult for him)

Billy Bitchcakes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 488
  • Q U I T E S T Y L I S H
« Reply #44 on: April 22, 2024, 05:04:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

Pretty sad story tbh. Dude survived but so did his demons, he's been a pile ever since. Met him years ago in Hamburg, it wasn't pretty.

Him talking about trying it again is pretty sad. Learn and grow my man
During sex to prevent myself from ejaculating I think about Osama Bin Laden running my dick through a sewing machine.

finecojeffe

• Rep: 142
    • Fine-Co avatar image
« Reply #45 on: April 22, 2024, 06:33:42 AM »
Anyone remember Santa Cuz's Richard Kirby? Had a pic of a padless 540s in a backyard pool in Tharsher that left a lasting impression on me. Heard his career was effectively ended by a knee injury.

definitely remember him, good guy. I actually did a few graphics for him later for his brand Big Mess. He tattoos now I'm pretty certain. Anyway he ripped on everything.

Natas_Fauxas

• Rep: 104
« Reply #46 on: April 22, 2024, 07:58:52 AM »
Ryan Fabry for messing with Sheffy.
🚨🚨ILLEGAL!!!! 👇👇👇🚨🚨

BluffsideTank

• Rep: -15
« Reply #47 on: April 22, 2024, 10:39:19 AM »
Victor Aceves. He was (maybe still is an am on emerica). He had that video part where he back smithed walnut. Super gnarly. Apparently he got hurt skating and got foot drop. After that his social media presence basically went away. I hope he can bounce back or at least has found peace with his situation. Must be devastating to be on the come up only to have it all taken away.

Came here to say this. Someone on another thread said that he was all good now and had an Emerica or Foundation part coming out, but I was really skeptical. His IG is back up and he appears to be skating as recently as a year or so ago, so that's good for him. Tough injury for such a young skater really on the rise.

Logic

• Rep: 35
« Reply #48 on: April 22, 2024, 10:51:17 AM »
Kieran Reilly, wrecked his foot just as his career really started to take off unfortunately.

French manicure

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 296
« Reply #49 on: April 22, 2024, 11:31:22 AM »
Matt Costa broke his leg (or ankle?) pretty bad which led him to becoming a musician instead of chasing being a pro skateboarder.