Author Topic: Flip of woke  (Read 8305 times)

Anti waxxer

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -19
Flip of woke
« on: May 14, 2024, 07:34:41 PM »
So, a now these days distant skate friend hit me up, apparently flip skateboards are as shouted out on Tim pool show about being on public square. Whatever that is… but he was fired up on it and said he’s only going to skate flip decks on his “come back”. Needless to say I quit responding or looking at texts, (mainly cause of hot bartender) but yeah have at it with that info slap folks.

turdtastic

• Rep: 59
Re: Flip of woke
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2024, 07:40:39 PM »
Can somebody please make this one of those “favorite sandwich and/or juice box” threads now??

toe_knee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 223
  • Get bent
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2024, 07:51:58 PM »
Here’s what I made tonight, get alfalfa sprouts first, Brine 2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken breast in pickle juice for 2-12 hours, pull the chicken from the brine, pat dry, wrap in cling wrap and flatten, then season with salt pepper and garlic powder, place chicken breast in container and smother with bbq sauce and a small amount of olive oil, grill chicken breast over charcoal or gas grill, toast some buns and grab a couple avacados smash them hoes up with salt pepper and garlic powder, spread avocado mixture over your buns….. add some alfalfa sprouts a lil Mayo and your perfectly grilled chicken breast to said buns, grab some chips and a nice Arnie Palmer ….. bone apple tea
You want some queso?”
Dan Drehobl to me at make a wish, while handing me a hotdog

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2024, 07:58:19 PM »
So, a now these days distant skate friend hit me up, apparently flip skateboards are as shouted out on Tim pool show about being on public square. Whatever that is… but he was fired up on it and said he’s only going to skate flip decks on his “come back”. Needless to say I quit responding or looking at texts, (mainly cause of hot bartender) but yeah have at it with that info slap folks.

The way you started this post had me reading the entire thing in Mario’s voice.

$$LESH

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • Rep: 165
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2024, 08:08:49 PM »
what’s the hot bartender got to do with any of that

sizzle_chest

• Rep: -12
  • Kookin' Ain't Easy
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2024, 08:16:44 PM »
Anti texxter

Burt Ward

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 523
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2024, 08:19:12 PM »

Well, it got me visualising hot bartenders, so I'm pleased.
Now, we used to say we put on our tights to put on the world. So I don't think it tarnishes the image at all.

lurkluke

• Rep: 195
« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2024, 08:29:13 PM »

"fyi losers, I need to tell you about my lame friend but I'm out here doing something super rad like drinking beers and hitting on babes"

ToFakie

• Rep: 5
« Reply #8 on: May 14, 2024, 09:01:23 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

On a related note I kinda love it when someone accidentally types “me” instead of “my” in a sentence and I get to read their text back like a pirate.. Or a leprechaun depending on the context.

fakie nollie

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1075
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2024, 09:12:21 PM »
I made air fryer chicken breast and roasted veggies tonight but the cooked chicken had a weird ooze to it, so we picked up grilled chicken from a local bbq joint. Roasted veggies had red bell pepper, broccoli and carrots. Picked up some mashed sweet potato as well. For dessert I made a smoothie. Frozen açaí packet, frozen blueberries, banana and a peanut powder (ingredients to said powder were peanuts, salt and sugar). Blended that up with almond milk and not water because I’m not some mouth breathing has-been

fuck_that_guy

• Rep: 342
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2024, 09:26:11 PM »
fuck that guy

Candied cigarettes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2024, 09:26:34 PM »
I recently went to a meat store nearby my moms house. Stocked up my freezer with some chicken thighs, chuck roast, and pork loin. The golden find was an entire smoked chicken. Goddamn that was great. Made a guac and smoked chicken sandwich the other day that was great.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 851
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2024, 09:38:11 PM »
My wife had a colonoscopy today and was craving Panda Express after prepping for the procedure for a week. Have to say, I have never had Panda Express before and was pleasantly surprised. So then, I felt the need to work off my dinner with a quick curb session. Anyway, I went to the curb spot with my 17" wheelbase slidewinder twin tail and Dragon 60mm 93as, my kooky downhill slide rig, to see what it would be like to skate curbs on it. Turns out it was pretty fucking fun. Buuuuuuttttt, James Alby was there. He is super aloof these days. Anyway, he was working on slappy nose grind reverts and had a little phone cam selfie-rig set up and it was kind of in the way. Or was I the one in the way, trying to skate curbs with 17" twin tail...? Not sure. But he left. We nodded. No words this time.

Went home and the wife reminded me, I have to book my own colonoscopy soon.

Fuck.... And the Panda Express hasn't fully settled yet.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2024, 09:51:52 PM »
Expand Quote
My wife had a colonoscopy today and was craving Panda Express after prepping for the procedure for a week. Have to say, I have never had Panda Express before and was pleasantly surprised. So then, I felt the need to work off my dinner with a quick curb session. Anyway, I went to the curb spot with my 17" wheelbase slidewinder twin tail and Dragon 60mm 93as, my kooky downhill slide rig, to see what it would be like to skate curbs on it. Turns out it was pretty fucking fun. Buuuuuuttttt, James Alby was there. He is super aloof these days. Anyway, he was working on slappy nose grind reverts and had a little phone cam selfie-rig set up and it was kind of in the way. Or was I the one in the way, trying to skate curbs with 17" twin tail...? Not sure. But he left. We nodded. No words this time.

[close]

Wow. Amazing. Your wife had her ass examined and you skated some curbs. Let me tell you, I haven’t been to the doctors in about 15 years - not even a general checkup - nothing. And now it’s been so long I fear that if I go, they’ll discover a mass of cancer that can’t be cured at this point and I’ll die in a few months.

Yeah, I wrestle with this one also. Maybe we can psych each other up to get probed? They say 40 is the new 50. Godspeed.

blurst_of_times

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 823
    • Skateboarding Magazine Scans avatar image
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2024, 10:20:54 PM »
Go to the doctor (if you have the means). I've known of too many people who waited and waited and passed away from something completely preventable because they didn't address it until it was too late.
There was no wire. Clark's planet needed him.
 Note: Clark Hassler died on the way back to his home planet.

radcunt

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 505
    • FARTPISS DOGCUM avatar image
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2024, 11:04:45 PM »
Imagine life without words, would be super weird.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 338
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2024, 02:59:50 AM »
I agree. Go to the doctor. Especially if you've never had stuff like your cholesterol level checked etc. If you live somewhere sunny, get checked for skin cancer, it doesn't take long and could totally save your life.

Frank and Fred

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2024, 06:16:59 AM »

Unmediated perfection. Closer to authentic existence. Unfiltered by these silly symbols.....zzzzz.......

GAY

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 3378
  • Those that SLAP, can't.
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2024, 06:59:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

On a related note I kinda love it when someone accidentally types “me” instead of “my” in a sentence and I get to read their text back like a pirate.. Or a leprechaun depending on the context.

lol - also sometimes Jar-Jar Banks will unfortunately appear.

fulfillthedream

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 360
« Reply #19 on: May 15, 2024, 08:29:31 AM »
I agree. Go to the doctor. Especially if you've never had stuff like your cholesterol level checked etc. If you live somewhere sunny, get checked for skin cancer, it doesn't take long and could totally save your life.

im sure you got family, friends etc that love you and care  about you.

i had a recent thing with my health and realized i have soo many people who care for me that its selfish to be self destructive.
Skateboarding is like jacking-off, it's that good- Jeremy Klein

[

Síota

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 831
« Reply #20 on: May 15, 2024, 09:44:21 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Unmediated perfection. Closer to authentic existence. Unfiltered by these silly symbols.....zzzzz.......

My cat has it pretty good and doesn't say a word. So I think it would be chill.

Madam, I'm Adam

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1390
« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2024, 10:16:03 AM »
So I guess you were at Coyote Ugly or something.

Yakusoku2

• Rep: 49
« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2024, 10:20:44 AM »
I always need more wasabi

thespacewolf

• Rep: 16
« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2024, 10:24:10 AM »
Flip took out the iron cross on their logo, I thought that'd be less of Tim Pool's vibe?

pizzafliptofakie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1962
« Reply #24 on: May 15, 2024, 10:29:25 AM »
What would you do if you grabbed a banana out of the pantry and when you unpeeled it, the banana was sentient and had your face?

work_lurker

• Rep: 102
  • I've never had a shaved head in my entire life
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2024, 10:33:31 AM »

Wasn't sure who James Alby was, but it made me think of racist dragons:

https://youtu.be/--FSFbSIj8Q?si=CTXQk_tqGokQD2Lp
Hopefully not a kook, but if so, fuck it.

Trashcon

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 112
« Reply #26 on: May 15, 2024, 10:34:13 AM »
He need some milk.

ChipSuey

• Rep: 26
« Reply #27 on: May 15, 2024, 11:28:26 AM »
Flip took out the iron cross on their logo, I thought that'd be less of Tim Pool's vibe?

I'm sure I've messed up my search algorithm but I checked them out on that Public Square site and they are selling the iron cross font logos as part of a "cancelled" series.

They...cancelled it themselves, right?

TwisT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1124
« Reply #28 on: May 15, 2024, 11:42:00 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

I'm sure I've messed up my search algorithm but I checked them out on that Public Square site and they are selling the iron cross font logos as part of a "cancelled" series.

flip rebranded like a decade ago, and got rid of the iron cross logo.
recently they released the classic logo with the cross and called it the "banned" deck. Even more recently they just released the classic logo again.

lurkluke

• Rep: 195
« Reply #29 on: May 15, 2024, 12:39:49 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Cancelled like a comedian filming a Netflix special in a stadium.