Author Topic: Flip of woke  (Read 8376 times)

Shtonk

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: -482
Re: Flip of woke
« Reply #30 on: May 15, 2024, 02:38:21 PM »
This is some deep fried shit. Flip is selling on Public Square, a republican shopping site, and they're selling a series called "Canceled" (sic!) with the old logo font but WITHOUT the iron cross on the "i"

So buying something inoffensive on a Tucker Carlson scam site is gonna offend all the snowflakes how exactly? Site also says "American and Veteran made products" - first time I'm hearing flip product is either of those.

Rick Trapasso

• Rep: 6
« Reply #31 on: May 16, 2024, 05:10:02 AM »
What would you do if you grabbed a banana out of the pantry and when you unpeeled it, the banana was sentient and had your face?

We all know what hole that thing is going in.

2fakie

• Rep: 0
  • Dr. Pepper's kidney stone champion
« Reply #32 on: May 16, 2024, 06:08:32 AM »
Expand Quote
Flip took out the iron cross on their logo, I thought that'd be less of Tim Pool's vibe?
[close]

I'm sure I've messed up my search algorithm but I checked them out on that Public Square site and they are selling the iron cross font logos as part of a "cancelled" series.

They...cancelled it themselves, right?

This is hilarious given that independent haven't budged in 30 years of this discussion.

ChipSuey

• Rep: 26
« Reply #33 on: May 16, 2024, 06:17:15 AM »
This is some deep fried shit. Flip is selling on Public Square, a republican shopping site, and they're selling a series called "Canceled" (sic!) with the old logo font but WITHOUT the iron cross on the "i"

So buying something inoffensive on a Tucker Carlson scam site is gonna offend all the snowflakes how exactly? Site also says "American and Veteran made products" - first time I'm hearing flip product is either of those.

What do you mean, Flip is as American as mince pie and drunken 1AM queues at the local chippy!

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1132
« Reply #34 on: May 16, 2024, 06:20:58 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

What do you mean, Flip is as American as mince pie and drunken 1AM queues at the local chippy!

if you apply a Chinese heat transfer, to a mexican deck in southern California, than that is an American made board by birth right

djoekr

• Rep: 324
« Reply #35 on: May 16, 2024, 06:28:54 AM »
Expand Quote
Flip took out the iron cross on their logo, I thought that'd be less of Tim Pool's vibe?
[close]

I'm sure I've messed up my search algorithm but I checked them out on that Public Square site and they are selling the iron cross font logos as part of a "cancelled" series.

Cancelled (because we thought we would make more money by removing the logo, but now that it's apparent that we're bleeding cash we might as well market to the alt-right as a last resort, right?) Series.
Skateboarding is a joke
And if you think otherwise
you're fucked in the head

It's not that serious -
Go fast, catch a frontside
And remember why you love it

InkkeACAB

• Rep: 20
« Reply #36 on: May 16, 2024, 07:32:24 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

This is hilarious given that independent haven't budged in 30 years of this discussion.

when did you last look at any new indy product ? they changed their logo for the same reasons years ago

Allen.

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #37 on: May 16, 2024, 07:48:29 AM »
So thats why Appleyard is going back
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

k-nutz

• Rep: 54
« Reply #38 on: May 16, 2024, 07:58:21 AM »
1)  buy bootleg skateboard product off temu/alibaba
2)  scrape off any identifying stickers, apply American flag sticker
3) sell on delusional group think website at a price higher than you could ever get at a regular retail skate shop

What's the problem here?   

Shtonk

« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2024, 08:07:39 AM »
3) sell on delusional group think website at a price higher than you could ever get at a regular retail skate shop

What's the problem here?

That would indeed be some radically free market machiavellianistics

k-nutz

• Rep: 54
« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2024, 08:09:29 AM »
Expand Quote

What's the problem here?
[close]

I'll take and make a bones shop, you can have spitfire.

2fakie

• Rep: 0
  • Dr. Pepper's kidney stone champion
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2024, 08:33:02 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

when did you last look at any new indy product ? they changed their logo for the same reasons years ago

apparently happened in 2022 (is that really 'years ago?'), but fair enough, i've been skating aces and haven't really paid attention to indy. Lot of their product out here still rocks the iron cross so it must just be a bit old.

their new attempts at logos are really bad btw, the only decent one is the one that looks the closest like the old one.

Shtonk

« Reply #42 on: May 16, 2024, 09:42:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

What's the problem here?
[close]

[close]

I'll take and make a bones shop, you can have spitfire.

OMG hahaha Paul Hart pro line will go hard. Maybe bring 88 Footwear back.

Magnolia

• Rep: 462
  • She/They
« Reply #43 on: May 16, 2024, 10:18:36 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

apparently happened in 2022 (is that really 'years ago?'), but fair enough, i've been skating aces and haven't really paid attention to indy. Lot of their product out here still rocks the iron cross so it must just be a bit old.

their new attempts at logos are really bad btw, the only decent one is the one that looks the closest like the old one.

Indy will post instagram polls where you can vote yes or no on new shirt designs and I don't think I've ever voted yes. They all look viscerally bad
what quality posts do you have under your umbrella son of a bitch

dr.prestige

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 349
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #44 on: May 16, 2024, 11:18:32 AM »
« Last Edit: May 16, 2024, 05:08:56 PM by dr.prestige »

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

Shtonk

« Reply #45 on: May 16, 2024, 11:37:41 AM »
Is Indy not one of these brands that we want to look bad / corny? Like what if they came out with a Limo collab and design overhall tomorrow? I don't think there's really a way for Independent to look "good". Always been corny, always will be, perfect as it is.

InkkeACAB

• Rep: 20
« Reply #46 on: May 16, 2024, 04:36:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

yes

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -513
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2024, 05:20:08 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So, a now these days distant skate friend hit me up, apparently flip skateboards are as shouted out on Tim pool show about being on public square. Whatever that is… but he was fired up on it and said he’s only going to skate flip decks on his “come back”. Needless to say I quit responding or looking at texts, (mainly cause of hot bartender) but yeah have at it with that info slap folks.
[close]
I love how liberals think we listen to Tim Pool, and also the fact that someone as soft as him can be a target, what a snooze fest! You should try Gavin Mcinnes! GOML#
[close]
Also, since people are talking  about shitty products from far RiGhT wing companies, Gavin's far -right and his t shirt merch has  better designs than most skate brands and higher quality shirts, and he's a 50 yr old straight white male racist Nazi trump supporter.....Slap = douche chills

Fuck are you on about? This is a skateboarding forum .
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 179
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2024, 05:25:53 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
So, a now these days distant skate friend hit me up, apparently flip skateboards are as shouted out on Tim pool show about being on public square. Whatever that is… but he was fired up on it and said he’s only going to skate flip decks on his “come back”. Needless to say I quit responding or looking at texts, (mainly cause of hot bartender) but yeah have at it with that info slap folks.
[close]
I love how liberals think we listen to Tim Pool, and also the fact that someone as soft as him can be a target, what a snooze fest! You should try Gavin Mcinnes! GOML#
[close]
Also, since people are talking  about shitty products from far RiGhT wing companies, Gavin's far -right and his t shirt merch has  better designs than most skate brands and higher quality shirts, and he's a 50 yr old straight white male racist Nazi trump supporter.....Slap = douche chills

How do you know this? The only way someone would be aware of that is if they were interested in buying said items.

Also, isn’t Gavin the dude who put a dildo in his ass to “own the libs”?

I can’t keep up on which alt-right villain is which. White bigots tend to all look the same to me.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

FranklinSt4Ever

• Rep: 4
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2024, 05:39:47 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

How do you know this? The only way someone would be aware of that is if they were interested in buying said items.

I can’t keep up on which alt-right villain is which. White bigots tend to all look the same to me.
[close]
funny how liberals are LGBTQIA plus , you're cancelled if you say a child can't cut his dick or tits off, but you will use anything "gay" related as "firepower" against conservatives (that he did on his own free will on camera) ... no no no, good try though. He also made out with a dude after the gay nightclub massacre in florida!

What in tarnation?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 612
« Reply #50 on: May 16, 2024, 05:42:36 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
What about the UFC thread? or sopranos? I'm on topic, just because you're offended doesn't mean you have to act bewildered.....

Those threads are correctly located in the whatever, and appreciation sections. This is useless wooden toy banter. And who the fuck is Gavin?

But lemme ask ya this. What’s your favourite Heath part?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #51 on: May 16, 2024, 05:53:27 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
funny how liberals are LGBTQIA plus , you're cancelled if you say a child can't cut his dick or tits off, but you will use anything "gay" related as "firepower" against conservatives (that he did on his own free will on camera) ... no no no, good try though. He also made out with a dude after the gay nightclub massacre in florida!

Excuse me for thinking someone putting something in their ass is a funny way to “own” someone!
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #52 on: May 16, 2024, 06:01:18 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

Excuse me for thinking someone putting something in their ass is a funny way to “own” someone!
[close]
okay.....bigot. You called someone out for committing a gay act. If he would've had an affair with a man as well as posting anti-gay content, than hey! by all means! But he did it on purpose, KNOWING the only firepower liberals have is insults and hypocrisy, and they didn't disappoint! :)

Stop and think about this for a moment.

Someone put something in their ass in an attempt to win an internet argument.
Do you get deja vu, huh?

Ninj2

• Rep: -107
« Reply #53 on: May 16, 2024, 06:04:18 PM »
Wut happened to John Rambo between the first and second movie that turned him into such a right wing iran contra all in USA fuck boi? Flip fucking sucks just like Rambo do. Flip peaked with a 411 industry section. Lance deserve better

funeral_tuxedo

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1193
  • old and in the way
« Reply #54 on: May 16, 2024, 06:12:38 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
What about the UFC thread? or sopranos? I'm on topic, just because you're offended doesn't mean you have to act bewildered.....
[close]

Those threads are correctly located in the whatever, and appreciation sections. This is useless wooden toy banter. And who the fuck is Gavin?

I’ll save you a pointless google @JANUS since it’s got nothing to do with skating.
Gavin McInnes is a Proud Boy- aka a men’s rights/alt right/edgelord activist. His “people” are incels.
I’m pretty sure that he used to be one of the owners of Vice until they kicked him out for being a bigoted loser. I only know about him because he once collaborated with a comix artist named Dave Cooper who I like a bit.

jakeumms

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1359
  • Runnin through the house with a pickle in my mouth
« Reply #55 on: May 16, 2024, 06:13:21 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
So, you're saying that everyone is off topic or just me? I keep seeing Tim Pool's name, so I just thought I'd recommend another conservative talk show host. People we're also talking about shitty products from conservative/far right sites so, again, I think I'm on topic and you're just offended (sorry)
You absolutely dragged this thread off topic from the jump and you've now eaten up half a page talking to yourself or over others.

OP said his friend brought up Tim Pool and Flip and how he was only gonna skate those on his "comeback." You then negated what OP quoted his friend as having said to him and said that you loved how liberals think that "we" listen to Tim Pool and then suggested that we "should try Gavin Mcinnes!"

In what way should liberals try him? Listen to his stuff and see if they agree? Or should they try to suggest that "we" (meaning I guess you) listen to Gavin, therefore having what you would consider more relevant references? You brought up Gavin McInnes out of absolute thin air and then started talking about kinds of dumb shit this newly introduced individual has done. Don't be fucking cute and try and flip it around.
them cats are out getting mashed up to jungle, he's out mashing up jungle cats. it's just not gonna work.

Allen.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 751
    • Cigarettes for Cardio avatar image
« Reply #56 on: May 16, 2024, 06:15:06 PM »
Wut happened to John Rambo between the first and second movie that turned him into such a right wing iran contra all in USA fuck boi? Flip fucking sucks just like Rambo do. Flip peaked with a 411 industry section. Lance deserve better

Whoa whoa whoa. I know this is all opinion but regardless this is factually incorrect.

https://youtu.be/8SnVOa8hr7k?si=4VHazzuzccucWWW9
For someone w.no signature ur awfully hostile, & that is why I do this

Mongo Lloyd

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #57 on: May 16, 2024, 06:15:52 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
[close]
[close]

[close]
[close]

[close]
okay.....bigot. You called someone out for committing a gay act. If he would've had an affair with a man as well as posting anti-gay content, than hey! by all means! But he did it on purpose, KNOWING the only firepower liberals have is insults and hypocrisy, and they didn't disappoint! :)
[close]

Someone put something in their ass in an attempt to win an internet argument.
[close]

Yeah, gays do it all the time and you fucking worship them?

Oh no! Please stop battering me with your potent arguments!  I might just have to put a dildo in my ass to win this war of words!
Do you get deja vu, huh?

JANUS

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 612
« Reply #58 on: May 16, 2024, 06:16:54 PM »
I’m not offended, just very confused. Why won’t you tell me your favourite Heath part?
If you can't handle me at my Marc Johnson, you don't deserve me at my Bobby Puleo.

Lou Strux

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2271
  • The Swede is down at Venice Beach, shove off!
« Reply #59 on: May 16, 2024, 06:17:20 PM »
In an alternate universe, British skate company Deathbox Flip decides to offload dated merch, at full price, to right wing edge lords on a known conservative e-commerce platform, thereby safe-guarding the core market from their own overproduced, COVID era product, while sticking it to the far-right ding dongs.

Phew… that was a looong-ass sentence.

Anyway; could never be me.

I wanna play you in a game of SKATE for the right to continue talking shit on me.  You think you got me?