Author Topic: South OC Spots  (Read 124 times)

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 309
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
South OC Spots
« on: May 16, 2024, 10:47:36 AM »
I am gonna be in the area over the weekend and was wondering whos got the pins to some good South OC spots(Lake Forest, Mission Viejo, Laguna Hills, etc). Im looking for more mellow stuff like ledges, curbs and ditches. I know of UCI but I dont wanna check it out right now cuz of the student protest. Also, does anyone know where the name of the school with all those ledges that Timtim skated in his transworld park.

Enrico Pallazzo

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • Rep: 232
Re: South OC Spots
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2024, 12:50:16 PM »
Watching this thread with anticipation as someone who’s lived in south OC for a couple years but has always been too lazy to go out and spot hunt.

Just from riding my bike around I know those metal coped ledges in a ditch are at a park in Lake Forest, 23701 Los Alisos Blvd is the closest address. Been in a bunch of videos but can’t think of one off the top of my head. Pretty solid soggy board potential without a spotter though.

TheLurper

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 654
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2024, 04:43:16 PM »
This is your chance to make it big and huck yourself down el toro.   ;D

If you haven't seen it in person and you're in the area, it is worth a 10 minute stop to see it in person.

Quote from: ChuckRamone
I love when people bring up world hunger. It makes everything meaningless.
"That guy is double parked."
"Who cares? There are people starving to death! Besides, how does that affect you? Does it lessen the joy of parking?

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1983
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2024, 07:18:38 PM »
Watching this thread with anticipation as someone who’s lived in south OC for a couple years but has always been too lazy to go out and spot hunt.

Just from riding my bike around I know those metal coped ledges in a ditch are at a park in Lake Forest, 23701 Los Alisos Blvd is the closest address. Been in a bunch of videos but can’t think of one off the top of my head. Pretty solid soggy board potential without a spotter though.

I skated the ditch ledge a few months back, should be pretty dry most of the year. There is a mellow bank leading into the ledge and the ground is pretty rough so I'd ride a softer wheel.

I have it as El Toro Park, parked along Larkwood Lane and straight past the exercise equipment into the ditch.

https://findskatespots.com/spots/lake-forest-ca/23701-los-alisos-boulevard-el-toro-park-ledge

Aside from that South OC doesn't have great spots since it's extremely manicured for suburban housing.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m