Author Topic: Skateboard Jeopardy show  (Read 562 times)

SneakySecrets

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1130
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
Skateboard Jeopardy show
« on: May 18, 2024, 08:31:40 PM »
I stumbled upon this and thought I’d share it with you knuckleheads. 

When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

biaherl

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 271
    • Why So Sad avatar image
Re: Skateboard Jeopardy show
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2024, 09:11:04 PM »
I do pretty good on regular jeopardy like getting 10 to 60% of the questions right

I think I was about 90% right on this one which makes me like it more

shouldn't

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 92
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2024, 09:24:56 PM »
I do pretty good on regular jeopardy like getting 10 to 60% of the questions right

I think I was about 90% right on this one which makes me like it more
same i got most of these. they have been popping up on my youtube as well, if you go to their account they have a bunch of other skate video trivia videos that progressively get tougher. it’s pretty fun if you’re a skate nerd and have nothing else to do.

imagine fucking the dog shit outta chris roberts

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 243
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2024, 09:34:35 PM »
As someone who was on the actual Jeopardy, let me tell you how hard the buzzer timing situation is

(I know that was shameless)

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #4 on: May 18, 2024, 09:50:03 PM »
As someone who was on the actual Jeopardy, let me tell you how hard the buzzer timing situation is

No shit!  Is there any remaining footage? How did you do? 
When nothing in society deserves respect, we should fashion for ourselves in solitude new silent loyalties.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2024, 10:06:17 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

I’m sure there’s footage, It was like a year and a half ago, but my eps only run the one time as far as I know.   Got 2nd.   Was kinda bummed at the time just bc it was one of those games where nothing is in your wheelhouse and I just couldn’t get the buzzing in right

SneakySecrets

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2024, 06:01:43 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

I’m sure there’s footage, It was like a year and a half ago, but my eps only run the one time as far as I know.   Got 2nd.   Was kinda bummed at the time just bc it was one of those games where nothing is in your wheelhouse and I just couldn’t get the buzzing in right

That sucks you didn’t get good topics.  Why is buzzing in a challenge?  Isn’t it just pressing a button?

It seems like just the fact that you’re on stage with lights and cameras on you playing for real would make it way harder than just playing along in your living room.  I’d be nervous about blurting out something completely regular and outing myself as a dumbass in front of thousands of people.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2024, 10:31:45 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

That sucks you didn’t get good topics.  Why is buzzing in a challenge?  Isn’t it just pressing a button?

It seems like just the fact that you’re on stage with lights and cameras on you playing for real would make it way harder than just playing along in your living room.  I’d be nervous about blurting out something completely regular and outing myself as a dumbass in front of thousands of people.

The buzzer issue is you can only buzz in when the host finishes speaking and a light (which you don’t see on tv) goes off.   If you go too early, you get frozen out for like half a second, which is all it takes to not get in there if everyone’s buzzing in.   I don’t think I buzzed in he entire first commercial break.

biaherl

• Rep: 271
    • Why So Sad avatar image
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2024, 12:33:07 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

The buzzer issue is you can only buzz in when the host finishes speaking and a light (which you don’t see on tv) goes off.   If you go too early, you get frozen out for like half a second, which is all it takes to not get in there if everyone’s buzzing in.   I don’t think I buzzed in he entire first commercial break.

Yeah a lot of champs that go back to play in tournaments talk about how they practice the buzzer more than study.

I think about taking the test and seeing if they would give me a chance but I'm dyslexic af and never really learned how to spell. I would be terrified to get to the final question even though it's one that I usually answer

That whole paragraph had red squiggly lines under it when I finished typing it

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2024, 12:43:49 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

[close]

Yeah a lot of champs that go back to play in tournaments talk about how they practice the buzzer more than study.

I think about taking the test and seeing if they would give me a chance but I'm dyslexic af and never really learned how to spell. I would be terrified to get to the final question even though it's one that I usually answer

That whole paragraph had red squiggly lines under it when I finished typing it

I wouldn’t worry about that - it’s probably more of a benefit to listen to him read the question than read it yourself and they’re not super strict in final jeopardy if they know what you are going for.   

I will say, I have the benefit of being local, but you do have to fly yourself out and put yourself up if you make it on.   

But, just go for it!

backside_frontside

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -322
« Reply #10 on: May 19, 2024, 02:59:45 PM »
That was awesome.

I do tweak out when they don’t finish all the categories before the round is up tho.