Poll

What shoe brand do you skate most often?

Nike
28 (13.3%)
Adidas
16 (7.6%)
New Balance
58 (27.5%)
Asics
1 (0.5%)
Converse
10 (4.7%)
Vans
41 (19.4%)
Last Resort
10 (4.7%)
Emerica/ES/Etnies
32 (15.2%)
Lakai
5 (2.4%)
Other/Non-Skate shoes
10 (4.7%)

Total Members Voted: 206

Author Topic: What shoe brand do you skate most often?  (Read 2283 times)

dr.prestige

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 353
  • rest in peace Loaf
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: What shoe brand do you skate most often?
« Reply #30 on: May 21, 2024, 11:58:21 AM »
Recently I've been trying to clear my massive and increasingly bloated stock of shoes I haven't skated before I get any more. Most recently I've been skating Emerica Figueroa 1 reissues, and after that it'll be some Tyshawns. Once I get back to buying shoes to skate, they'll probably be NB#, but that (hopefully) won't be for a while.

Op, you ok man? Being real here, you doin alright?

guydog

• Rep: 11
« Reply #31 on: May 21, 2024, 12:20:21 PM »
Lakai, Vans, Emerica.

dunc

• Rep: 56
« Reply #32 on: May 21, 2024, 01:55:09 PM »
It's ridiculous but I have 5 pairs of the og nb 440 on rotation. Also got some 1010 which I like too. The problem is they are so cheap off a website here in nz so I just stoked up.
They laughed when I told my friends that I was going to be a comedian.....well they are not laughing now!

Crust

• Rep: 54
« Reply #33 on: May 21, 2024, 02:02:01 PM »
Etnies, love me some chunky shoes.

Didn't think NB would be the most popular with Pals. Must give em' a shot someday

art hellman

• Trade Count: (+21)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1211
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #34 on: May 21, 2024, 02:12:44 PM »
Didn't think NB would be the most popular with Pals. Must give em' a shot someday

IMO, NB (across the line) are consistently the most well-made skate shoes out right now (and have been since Jeff Mikut joined up).  I have an affinity for soccer-style shoes like the Busenitz, and the Nike SB Blazer remains a basic staple (despite its quality going down over the years), so those add a little variety to my shoe stash... but if I was a kid with a limited allowance/income, NB are the best quality for the price.

plus SLAP has @rothdigga direct-answering questions
hardly art, hardly starving

Obijuan91

• Rep: 30
« Reply #35 on: May 21, 2024, 02:31:49 PM »
Emericas and sole tech back in the days, bought a pair of laced. Haven’t skates them yet but hoping they treat me like they used to back in the day.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #36 on: May 21, 2024, 02:35:37 PM »
Emerica G6, until I burn through my stash and can’t find anymore on Amazon/ebay.

Then I might succumb to the # full time

b00tyclappa69420

• Rep: 26
  • https://uniondiscount.net
    • Union Discount - Sale items from 120+ skate stores avatar image
« Reply #37 on: May 21, 2024, 03:08:30 PM »
used to be nike p much exclusively but now there's an actual skater owned brand its gotta be last resort.....
https://uniondiscount.net cheap sk8 shit from real sk8 stores

Dwyck

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 160
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2024, 03:34:45 PM »
last resorts, before that i loved one star ccs and chuck 70s
Regular stance is a mental disorder defined by the DSM-5

rocklobster

• Trade Count: (+18)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2016
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #39 on: May 21, 2024, 04:09:12 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

IMO, NB (across the line) are consistently the most well-made skate shoes out right now (and have been since Jeff Mikut joined up).  I have an affinity for soccer-style shoes like the Busenitz, and the Nike SB Blazer remains a basic staple (despite its quality going down over the years), so those add a little variety to my shoe stash... but if I was a kid with a limited allowance/income, NB are the best quality for the price.

I'd say @rothdigga community engagement is a huge reason why so many of us are happy to rock NB, you get direct answers on sizing, new releases and sometimes customer support. A few years ago I had 3 pairs of fresh NBs fall apart at the sole and rothdigga did me a solid by sending replacement pairs even though he didn't need to, definitely made me a fan of the brand.

Also - models / colorways for every occasion or skate preference, stacked skate team, videos of consistent quality and artistic vision, and Reynolds on the team.
Venture Truck Height:

5.0 & 5.2 LO
STANDARD - 1.88” - 47.75mm
FORGED - 1.85”- 46.99mm

5.0 ,5.2, 5.6, 5.8 & 6.1 HI
STANDARD - 2.09” - 53.09mm
FORGED - 2.04” - 51.82m

GetItStraitRideKrooked

• Rep: 16
« Reply #40 on: May 21, 2024, 04:09:27 PM »
For the longest time it was Emerica. I've been Emerica pilled since This is Skateboarding

Then they started phasing out their G6 cupsole after letting Tim go.

Now I look at their website for cupsoles, there's barely anything.

Figgy G6? Gone.

Spanky G6? Gone.

KSL? Gone.

Gamma? Gone.

I've heard through the grapevine they're struggling rn, but like why wipe out your best shoes?

Leaves me with the Heritics which I haven't tried yet or the OG-1 Marc Johnsons. I don't like the heel on the Romeros

Maybe I'll try one of those, but to be honest now I'm looking at New Balance 440s.

Paco Supreme

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 558
  • One Trick Pony
« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2024, 05:50:37 PM »
I wanna say before his exit from the brand Tim said the figgy would remain a G6 cup, maybe that’s changed however

nollieboulala

• Rep: 12
  • fuckin wheel fell off
« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2024, 06:01:39 PM »
Been on NBs for a while. Currently on 440 and 440v2 highs. Was on 480s and 1010s before that.

Xen

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1036
  • too easy, we know your new handle...stop following
« Reply #43 on: May 21, 2024, 06:17:09 PM »
For the longest time it was Emerica. I've been Emerica pilled since This is Skateboarding

Then they started phasing out their G6 cupsole after letting Tim go.

Now I look at their website for cupsoles, there's barely anything.

Figgy G6? Gone.

Spanky G6? Gone.

KSL? Gone.

Gamma? Gone.

I've heard through the grapevine they're struggling rn, but like why wipe out your best shoes?

Leaves me with the Heritics which I haven't tried yet or the OG-1 Marc Johnsons. I don't like the heel on the Romeros

Maybe I'll try one of those, but to be honest now I'm looking at New Balance 440s.

If they're struggling, how were they their 'best shoes' my guess is they didn't sell for shit, you don't kill off best selling shoes.

No surprise the Gamma is gone...provost/servold getting shoes because contracts (and doubt they're selling)...the Pillar? Dickson? The Skater? meh.

Given the price there are better shoes out there...and I'm a fan of the G6.

RossDailey

• Rep: -53
« Reply #44 on: May 21, 2024, 10:10:32 PM »
a few years ago, my answer would've been Vans, but then they revamped their skate line to feel like hot garbage.

Now it's NB#

Pastasash

• Rep: 84
« Reply #45 on: May 22, 2024, 06:53:54 AM »
Historically it's been SB since day one, always have dunks and blazers in rotation. But off the board been wearing NBs almost constantly, barely want to wear skate shoes or Jordans anymore even tho they're my childhood favorites. Getting older and several injuries later, been appreciating the 990s and retro/modern runners.

Past month I've put aside my dunks and been loving the 808s and Pro Model for skating tho, love having variety in my rotation.

Mystical Leader

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -132
« Reply #46 on: May 22, 2024, 07:36:38 AM »
Interesting to see new balance as the most popular brand which echoes how popular the nb new release thread is.

For me all time is maybe vans or chuck taylors I’ve had time periods when I have not skated anything else. But for at least 6 years I’ve mainly skated non skate shoes. I am currently skating a pair of Karhu Harlem airs in triple black colorway which are pretty nice like dunk/nb#440 hi mix.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 07:59:08 AM by Mystical Leader »

lamfordie

• Trade Count: (-1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 319
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2024, 07:50:43 AM »
Only skating cupsoles now and im on my 2nd pair of emerica but I switch between different brands all the time.

Snappyfingers

• Rep: 47
  • AW YEAH
« Reply #48 on: May 22, 2024, 08:05:08 AM »
NB# 440 have been doing me right

AW YEAH
AW YEAH

Coffee

• Rep: 45
« Reply #49 on: May 22, 2024, 08:18:34 AM »
New Balance as of late. Looking forward to seeing what the Reynold’s pro model is like.

Snappyfingers

• Rep: 47
  • AW YEAH
« Reply #50 on: May 22, 2024, 08:19:45 AM »
New Balance as of late. Looking forward to seeing what the Reynold’s pro model is like.

Definitely looking forward to the Reynolds!

AW YEAH
AW YEAH

rothdigga

• Rep: 612
« Reply #51 on: May 22, 2024, 09:37:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I'd say @rothdigga community engagement is a huge reason why so many of us are happy to rock NB, you get direct answers on sizing, new releases and sometimes customer support. A few years ago I had 3 pairs of fresh NBs fall apart at the sole and rothdigga did me a solid by sending replacement pairs even though he didn't need to, definitely made me a fan of the brand.

Also - models / colorways for every occasion or skate preference, stacked skate team, videos of consistent quality and artistic vision, and Reynolds on the team.
I'm just glad you guys notice what we're doing honestly.  We've tried to be honest with our comittment to shoe quality, durability, and banger team riders.  I guess now that we're #1 on the SLAP poll we can just mail it in and put up our feet...we made it!

TwisT

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1154
« Reply #52 on: May 22, 2024, 10:06:21 AM »
I've skated a ton of reeboks, especially if you role ice cream, DGK & and regular ass reebok into one line item so, if were talking historically, I'd say

Reebok
DC
Lakai
Nike/converse tied

I'm not very brand bias, but I do have this thing where I ended buying too many of one brand close together. Like right now I'm skating adidas, and have 2 pair in wear rotation, so I'll proabably be skating adidas, well into the summer.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #53 on: May 22, 2024, 04:50:29 PM »
In 18 years a majority of what I've A) enjoyed to skate and B) bought or received to actually skate in are from Soletech. They just know how to make good shoes that last, skate well, and look good!  I've tried a lot of stuff: vulcs & cups but cupsoles rule my skating and have since I turned 23-24 some years back.

Marana, Joslin, Reynolds/KSL G6, (now) OG-1, and Silo SC seem to run my regular rotation for actually skating.

1. Etnies
2. Emerica
3. Es
4. Vans
5. Converse
6. Nike
7. Everything else
Super Champion Fun Zone

DCLOVE

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -518
« Reply #54 on: May 22, 2024, 06:43:35 PM »
I just like shoes in general so I’ll skate anything that looks cool and if it sucks for skating I just turn em into chillers.

Brand I’ve probably skated the most in the last 24 years though? Vans. Primarily cause they’re cheap and I liked thin shoes
PINE 2009, 2010, 2011, 2020, PINE STILL MAKIN' MONEY.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 764
« Reply #55 on: May 23, 2024, 04:53:24 AM »
Grew up primarily skating Emericas back in the day.

As an adult, I’ve jumped around a lot but I like Cons the best and have been skating them the most often recently - Fastbreaks, AS1’s, throw in some CTAS Pros here and there…  Seems like there’s always Fastbreaks on sale out there.

In all honesty I think the Blazer mids may actually be the best overall current skate shoe, but I got kind of Blazer-ed out a few years ago.

Andrefosho

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 148
« Reply #56 on: May 23, 2024, 05:36:54 AM »
DC for skating
Nike for chillin'
NB for work & travel

Jacorpes

• Rep: 10
« Reply #57 on: May 23, 2024, 06:17:25 AM »
I keep flip flopping between Last Resort and Nike SB. Love the vibe of Last Resorts and they skate so well for transition, but I pretty much lose my flip tricks in them. I always have a great session in dunks because flip tricks just work, but I lose a bit of connection with the board while throwing myself over transition. I decide what I'm going to wear based on the type of session I want.

OhioGuy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 30
« Reply #58 on: May 23, 2024, 07:29:21 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

Agree! It’s makes a huge difference. So many shoes you have to guess, and jump through hoops to get answers. But with NB#, I always know what to expect because of that thread.

Other brands should take notice. And yeah, it helps that I also like their team and overall vision/branding.

rawbertson.

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 708
  • yo yo, yo yo yo yo
    • my youtube avatar image
  • User is on moderator watch listWatched
« Reply #59 on: May 23, 2024, 07:58:30 AM »
I have been on a shoe madness for the past like 3-4 years and have bought shoes from literally every brand you listed  ;D (except Lakai)

I THINK I am settling on ASICS though because I can get them cheap from a friend who works there and they are working well for my wide feet :)