Author Topic: 2000th Post  (Read 3418 times)

grimcity

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 2214
  • computer says no
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
2000th Post
« on: July 19, 2007, 10:46:21 AM »
...but my 2001st post will be made from San Francisco. I'm stoked!

I should arrive in SF on Saturday at noon, then I'm making hookups to session and/or booze it up.
Sunday, me and another Slap pal (or two?) are going skating at a park close to Berkley I think... hell I dunno.

Anyone else down to hook up, PM me and let me know... I'll be there till the 26th, and though it's a work trip, I should have a good deal of free time.

PS
Bring nugs.

w00t

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
Re: 2000th Post
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 11:29:43 AM »
nugs

fucking most annoying thing about traveling by air... only thing that ever had me contemplating sticking something in my ass

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 11:31:04 AM »

Jura

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 11:36:59 AM »
Expand Quote
nugs
[close]

fucking most annoying thing about traveling by air... only thing that ever had me contemplating sticking something in my ass

Ive always just put some in the pocket of a pair of pants, throw them in my luggage and check that shit. Never had a problem yet, knock on wood. (at least 10-15 different times)

H8R

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 11:50:35 AM »
congrats! 

speaking on nugs
i usually stash some in my pants or in my check in luggage but only a small amount, no oz. or anything crazy. 
if i'm feeling really paranoid about it(usually depends on how much i want to take), i fedex it to the hotel/place i'm staying.   

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 11:53:22 AM »
My friend hooped some E in Kinder Eggs over to Australia once. I thought he wasn't gonna make it, but he did. He was able to live for a year without working from the sales. I guess it was worth putting those things in his butt. I wouldn't do it.

hamhead

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -8
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 12:14:46 PM »

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 12:36:41 PM »
For your 2k, I give you this.

http://themot.org/gallery/d/149811-1/BadMomCompilation.jpg

where in the fuck do you find all this shit

most gnar worthy post in ages

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 01:53:10 PM »
Ah, well I already made a 2001st post, so fuck it, I'll just keep posting till I make it to the city... I'm already afraid of planes, so trying to sneak any amount of shwag is just out of the question.

BB... your gift sir, deserves its own thread entirely.

By the way, are you going to be in the city? I remember a while back that you mentioned you might be in town around the same time.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 04:25:24 PM »
Yeah, I can't afford it this year. I bought too much stuff out New cat, tattoos, computer toys, booze... Bad spending on my part this summer.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #10 on: July 19, 2007, 05:49:44 PM »
One day we'll meet in person and just go and break shit.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #11 on: July 19, 2007, 08:35:48 PM »
I can't wait. We have to bring our keyboards with us the whole time too. It'll be like the random object people carry around with them when they're on shrooms, except we're not on shrooms, but just really high on SMASHING STUFF.

////////////

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 158
« Reply #12 on: July 19, 2007, 08:44:04 PM »

john

• Rep: 8
« Reply #13 on: July 19, 2007, 08:44:34 PM »
except we're not on shrooms, but just really high on SMASHING STUFF.
sig worthy

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2007, 05:09:59 AM »

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2007, 05:34:04 AM »
...don't get me wrong, I love the fancy shit, I just keep my expectations to a low.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2007, 11:28:17 PM »
Ok, bombing heavily trafficked hills is the shit, but every goddamned ledge around here is stopped. No disrespect to the city, but the skate stoppers are insane!

Also, I learned that there's no reason to bring weed to SF. Every other person around here is either holding it or smoking it between EMB and the Pier 7.

....meeting up with Stand and Deliver in the morning to skate the park (from the group section) from bag of suck,

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #17 on: July 22, 2007, 01:24:25 AM »
stop by deluxe and say wassup to some pals.

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • tiger style
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2007, 07:17:10 AM »
Ok, bombing heavily trafficked hills is the shit, but every goddamned ledge around here is stopped. No disrespect to the city, but the skate stoppers are insane!

Also, I learned that there's no reason to bring weed to SF. Every other person around here is either holding it or smoking it between EMB and the Pier 7.

....meeting up with Stand and Deliver in the morning to skate the park (from the group section) from bag of suck,

sounds sick, i haven't been to SF but bombed a few in ATL a while back and it's definitely one of the funner things you can do on a skateboard.

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #19 on: July 22, 2007, 08:59:24 AM »
Yeah man, bombing shit around here is real different... it's similar to skating trough the French Quarter, since you can weave around people and cars and shit, except the roads here are way better and they're steep as all fuck. I had some really good sketchy moments, including almost getting hit by a taxi... luckily homie hit his brake (but fuck him, I had the right of way).

Oh yeah, I found a little dive bar in the Tenderloin (O'Harrington's) that just reminds me of home... super laxed, with lots of transients coming in and out rambling bout random shit. The dude running the bar even let us all smoke inside since it was a slow night and because we were tipping him properly... hell, the first time I tipped him he was almost overly-thankful, as if nobody dropped a buck-for-a-beer on him before.

Anyway, really good vibe out here... I've been here before, but I didn't have the free time to kill like I do right now... which reminds me, I gotta jet to that park in about 30 minutes.

Oh yeah last thing: Tenderloin District doesn't ave a fraction of the gnar that I kept hearing it would (the doorman at my hotel was lke "OMG be careful, it's daaaaaangerous!" But it's mostly bums, hustlers, and the occasional homeless person with mental illness. By that, I mean people that really need to be taken care of by mental health pros. That one thing is probably the worst in my book... I mean, I have some sympathy for the garden variety junkie/tweaker, but the mentally sick ones really bum me... a lot of those cats are straight up helpless. I sat and watched a dude fight an empty Starbucks cup... I mean, he was giving it a straight up ghetto-stomping. Funny at first, but pretty sobering at the same time.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 09:04:24 AM by grimcity »

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #20 on: July 22, 2007, 09:01:14 AM »
PS

...I'm just going to consider all my posts in here part of a spontaneous blog. I'll try to keep 'em coming, boring for the reader or not. hehe

PPS

Sanch, where the fuck are you at, man? PM me a phone number or some shit man.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 09:05:14 AM by grimcity »

clarkie

• Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
« Reply #21 on: July 22, 2007, 11:11:07 AM »
Dang, I didn't know you were headed out this way. I should read these threads more often. Any chance of making it down to SC?

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #22 on: July 22, 2007, 04:53:54 PM »
I wish I could clarkie, but my real work stuff starts in the morning... the bit of goofing off I'll get to do now will all have to be after each conference day. One day though.

As for today, me and Stand and Deliver skated pretty damned hard from 10am until 3 something:

Super good park... good vibe and some really well done concrete. Best day I've had in the state yet... S&D is cool as fuck, too.

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #23 on: July 22, 2007, 07:11:22 PM »
That shit was real fun today.  Thanks for coming out, Grim.

clarkie

• Rep: 23
    • Real Skate avatar image
« Reply #24 on: July 22, 2007, 09:54:51 PM »
OK next time for sure. You'll be equally impressed with Santa Cruz, we also have crazies who talk to their paper cups, thanks to Ronald Regan who closed down all the mental facilities. But SF doesn't have Pink Umbrella Man ! http://www.flickr.com/photos/anne516/119402529/in/pool-umbrella-man/

Have a good time!

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #25 on: July 23, 2007, 10:53:58 AM »
stop by deluxe and say wassup to some pals.
I'm google mapping it right now...

grimcity

• SLAP Pal
  • computer says no
« Reply #26 on: July 23, 2007, 04:18:07 PM »
I put in some major mileage on my board today... I really fucking love these hills (though less so when I'm going up).

I added another Slap Pal to my collection... mdspb:

Super nice cat, and the shop itself is fucking killer! I watched the way one of the guys behind the counter treated some walk-in customers (a family) and I was stoked. Really good vibe, proper shop, and I recommend a stop there if you can ever go. I skates past Huf's place last night, as well as a shop that isn't open yet that caters to all the Creation/Satori stuff... I think it was called Culture?

After that, I pushed over to Deluxe, where I got a mind-fucking-blowing tour of the place via Mic E, and afterwards I had the chance to sit and talk skate, skate-politics, and to a lesser degree regular politics with Jim and Mic E. Two of the coolest, most down dudes EVER. It was crazy, as it's a full on manufacturing warehouse, but the temperature felt like you'd want your living room to feel like... a far cry from a sweatshop... the place is just dope as hell. Also, it turns out that one of my old skate buddies from Louisiana is a computer geek over there, so it just goes to show how small of a world it really is.

One cool thing was that I got to watch a shitload of trucks being made... from the molding, to the polishing, to the powder coating, all the way to the added graphics... it just so happened that they were doing a batch of I SUCK's Thunders, and Mic E set me up with some as well as as some more wall-ready goodness... though I will use the Zig Zagger, the soft wheels, and the trucks for a new cruiser:

Finally... this is the shit.. an Indy baseplate that hasn't had it's holes poked in it yet... if I could pull it off, it'd make a great pendant for a big fat gold chain:

eight oh eight

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 176
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #27 on: July 23, 2007, 04:24:26 PM »
sick!

Stand and Deliver

« Reply #28 on: July 23, 2007, 05:35:13 PM »
I had no idea that Matt from DLX posted on here.  That's rad.  Those dudes that work at the shop are really fucking cool.  No vibe whatsoever.

brooklyn brawler

« Reply #29 on: July 23, 2007, 05:53:33 PM »
Is there any way I can just set my account to auto-Gnar your whole trip? So sick!