Author Topic: EA Skate Demo  (Read 219469 times)

tysj!

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: EA Skate Demo
« Reply #2310 on: January 24, 2009, 12:23:05 PM »
The cardiel hip transfer is giving me some problems but im sure ill get it next time i play.

I was having trouble with this one, too. What I did was finish the grind challenge first and reset to try the hip part. Apparently following the arrows in a smooth line really helped me.

My new frustration is handplanting the backboard. I probably wasted a good half hour trying this over and over last night. It seems almost impossible to grab it even though I have enough speed to get over the top.

EDIT: Funny how posting about something you can't do makes you land it somehow. I just needed a bit of an angle.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2009, 02:36:07 PM by tysj! »
LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #2311 on: January 24, 2009, 12:25:37 PM »
I'm finding that doing the career mode is making me hate the game, it's so fucking frustrating when you're trying to do something and faggot mike with a backpack on runs into you going opposite direction.

Ernest Borgnine

• Rep: 26
« Reply #2312 on: January 24, 2009, 12:46:21 PM »
Expand Quote
The cardiel hip transfer is giving me some problems but im sure ill get it next time i play.
[close]

I was having trouble with this one, too. What I did was finish the grind challenge first and reset to try the hip part. Apparently following the arrows in a smooth line really helped me.

My new frustration is handplanting the backboard. I probably wasted a good half hour trying this over and over last night. It seems almost impossible to grab it even though I have enough speed to get over the top.

Don't ollie into the air..and don't get too much speed.

Carrolls Chesthairs

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 123
  • HANNIBAL!!
« Reply #2313 on: January 24, 2009, 01:35:08 PM »
game is killing it so hard

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #2314 on: January 24, 2009, 01:42:54 PM »
AAA there's a insane triple set near a pool that you have to find for the thrasher pool mission.

The run-up is like 3 downhills but sketchy. I can't make it. I kickflipped it once but I fell of my board.
Does anybody knows the triple set that I'm talking about?
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #2315 on: January 24, 2009, 05:33:38 PM »

crackrazor

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 85
« Reply #2316 on: January 24, 2009, 05:39:27 PM »
Finally beat koston and carrol. Then I realized my saturday was gone.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2317 on: January 24, 2009, 05:45:30 PM »

hahahhaha i did the same  thing. i woke up and started with koston and carroll which took forever then the rest of the day was the cardiel challenge and the danny way drop in to fly out crap. i fucking hate the races too, longboarders race, not skateboarders.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #2318 on: January 24, 2009, 05:54:34 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]

hahahhaha i did the same  thing. i woke up and started with koston and carroll which took forever then the rest of the day was the cardiel challenge and the danny way drop in to fly out crap. i fucking hate the races too, longboarders race, not skateboarders.
Im trying the cardiel challenge right now its so fucking hard.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2319 on: January 24, 2009, 06:02:11 PM »
i just flailed over and over again until i got lucky and got it. i think the way i did it was i didnt try to pop off the actual hip where the arrows are, i popped below that kind of out of the pocket and just landed in the other bowl.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

skaterdavid

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 192
« Reply #2320 on: January 24, 2009, 06:39:23 PM »

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #2322 on: January 24, 2009, 07:57:16 PM »
The Russian
http://skatereel.ea.com/members/1/170679552/40960.aspx
that last trick was the most ridiculous thing i have seen, however the possibility of fastplant frontflips is intriguing...

riding*walls

« Reply #2323 on: January 24, 2009, 08:02:36 PM »
i just flailed over and over again until i got lucky and got it. i think the way i did it was i didnt try to pop off the actual hip where the arrows are, i popped below that kind of out of the pocket and just landed in the other bowl.
Yeah it was weird, i was just messing around trying to get some speed and didnt even realize i did it until it told me i had completed the event.
also didnt realize i could call pros. so many random things about that game i cant figure out.
i tried the naverette one and i see no possibility of airing to the windows. the contests and photos are really easy so far though.
i still dont know how to nocomply.

Zapata

• Rep: 2
« Reply #2324 on: January 24, 2009, 08:25:38 PM »
Tap a mongo push and then ollie really quickly. Its a bit weird to get the timing the first couple times.

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #2325 on: January 24, 2009, 08:26:31 PM »
i was getting so pissed at the handplant on the backboard challenge, then i finally did a half front flip and pressed rb and it somehow counted it. the photo i got ended up looking like i was front boarding the backboard, so glad im done with that gay challenge

BriDen

« Reply #2326 on: January 24, 2009, 08:34:50 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Tap a mongo push and then ollie really quickly. Its a bit weird to get the timing the first couple times.
Anybody got no comply pole jams figured out? I think I landed 3 of about 50 that I tried.

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #2327 on: January 24, 2009, 08:42:11 PM »
That actually worked, thanks. doing it from the top seems impossible.

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2328 on: January 24, 2009, 08:45:15 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Yeah it was weird, i was just messing around trying to get some speed and didnt even realize i did it until it told me i had completed the event.
also didnt realize i could call pros. so many random things about that game i cant figure out.
i tried the naverette one and i see no possibility of airing to the windows. the contests and photos are really easy so far though.

Don't really have to air TO the windows, just get high enough. At first, I thought you actually had to hit the window and it would break or something. All in the pumps.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2329 on: January 24, 2009, 08:50:47 PM »
ive got them all done now, and those danny way ones are pretty fucking hard. it took me forever to find him on the last one, i keep forgetting i can walk around. ive got this thing, i cant really fuck around in a game or play online until ive finished the campaign first (call of duty, skate, NHL09, resistance, etc) and now that im actually just skating around, i think this might be the best game they could make.

the only thing they could fix for a 3rd one would be the slight frame rate issues and a couple small annoyances like when you slam doing one of the challanges, it makes you click a couple screens and gives you the 3 2 1 count down. that was pissing me off. maybe clean up the walking steez and of course being able to play mp3s on the PS3 while you play the game, but that might be a sony issue not an ea issue. oh and i want to be able to punch people. it would be nice to punch one of these fuckers knocking me off my board and talking shit to me.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Livin The Psychedelic Lif

« Reply #2330 on: January 24, 2009, 08:55:00 PM »
FYI- Once you finish the game, you get the keys from slappy, which in turn opens a small mini in that industrial building right next to slappy's park. Kinda reminds of the mini that drehbol skates in free your mind.

Zapata

« Reply #2331 on: January 24, 2009, 08:55:43 PM »
Did anyone notice the 360 no comply that Ray Barbee does in his little intro? Is it possible to make them look that good?

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #2332 on: January 24, 2009, 08:56:23 PM »
my wife was at superstore doing the grocery shopping and they had a deal where if you spend 250$ you get 30$ off.  So she got me skate2 to get to 250$.  So pumped!!!!   I've only had about an hour to play it so far and all I can say is that it's amazing.  The 60fps looks so good, the tricks all look better and the new tricks are cool.   My only annoyance so far is that moving stuff around is a pain cause it's hard to rotate the object once you've grabbed it.   Other than that, I'm so pumped.   Can't wait to start getting really into the story mode.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2333 on: January 24, 2009, 08:57:18 PM »
Did anyone notice the 360 no comply that Ray Barbee does in the little intro? Is it possible to make them look that good?

ive been trying endlessly to do that.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2334 on: January 24, 2009, 09:00:27 PM »
ive got them all done now, and those danny way ones are pretty fucking hard. it took me forever to find him on the last one, i keep forgetting i can walk around. ive got this thing, i cant really fuck around in a game or play online until ive finished the campaign first (call of duty, skate, NHL09, resistance, etc) and now that im actually just skating around, i think this might be the best game they could make.

the only thing they could fix for a 3rd one would be the slight frame rate issues and a couple small annoyances like when you slam doing one of the challanges, it makes you click a couple screens and gives you the 3 2 1 count down. that was pissing me off. maybe clean up the walking steez and of course being able to play mp3s on the PS3 while you play the game, but that might be a sony issue not an ea issue. oh and i want to be able to punch people. it would be nice to punch one of these fuckers knocking me off my board and talking shit to me.

I know exactly what you mean.

One thing that pissed me off a lot was how they added timers to things. I don't see what they're reasoning was when adding some of these. Then the part where if you fall, you gotta through the Retry? screen like you were gonna give up after one try and in other missions, it doesn't happen for some reason. Then there's the timers before challenges that aren't timed but there are no timers before the start of those death races? Timer related crap was probably the biggest thing that pissed me off.

riding*walls

« Reply #2335 on: January 24, 2009, 09:48:35 PM »
my wifes watching tv, im anxiously awaiting her falling asleep so I can continue to finish this game.

Zapata

« Reply #2336 on: January 24, 2009, 11:15:17 PM »
How do you drain the big Dam at the northern end of town?

Guile

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #2337 on: January 24, 2009, 11:21:01 PM »
its part of a photo thing. i think its a thrasher one, you have to do the others before you get there.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Zapata

« Reply #2338 on: January 24, 2009, 11:29:59 PM »
its part of a photo thing. i think its a thrasher one, you have to do the others before you get there.
Fuck, I cant beat the one with Jake Brown doing handplants on the rail over the vert ramp at slappys.

BriDen

« Reply #2339 on: January 24, 2009, 11:38:18 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Fuck, I cant beat the one with Jake Brown doing handplants on the rail over the vert ramp at slappys.
Get a good amount of speed pumping and hold the handplant button before you even leave the ramp. For some reason it doesn't work well if you try to grab after you aired out.