Author Topic: EA Skate Demo  (Read 219239 times)

EricLogan

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: EA Skate Demo
« Reply #900 on: February 29, 2008, 11:04:57 PM »
Tonight's marked the worst night in xbox360dom hopefully anyone's ever dealt with.

So me and my girlfriend after hours finally figured out how to get my xbox and computer to recognize eachother.

But...

Unknowing that the xbox live card only applies to one gamertag, I just had her do hers because for whatever reason my Yahoo and gmail accounts just aren't up to snuff for Microsoft and it was either that or go through the hassle of creating a new email account immediately (which I would've if I had known). So now she's got a years' worth of xbox live to fag out w/ her buddies at gh3, and I've got a hand-me down 3 month card courtesy of one of her friends. Which is actually pretty rad.

But after getting all that situated, I went to eject the disk while the xbox was off, and standing vertical. I've done this many times before, but for some reason, this time, upon ejecting, the disk came loose from the cradle, spinning like a motherfucker, and something on the way out carved three very deep circular gashes in my copy of Skate.

I tried starting a new career for the hell of it, and every single time it freezes durring the intro right after the kid gets hit by the bus. For a short while, freeskate worked fine, but now all that will load is the specific area you choose to be dropped off in, and if you travel any further, you fall off the face of the earth.

Plus, I went to view saved replays, and all you can see is me pushing in pitch blackness, doing tricks.

So, tonight I bought, the $100 bullshit wireless adapter that caused me and my girlfriend both much anguish struggling to set it up, a $100 20gig hard drive that I was told would decrease the loading time durring gameplay, which didn't do that at all for the few moments I got to play before the disk got destroyed, and the $50 12 month xbox live card that I pretty much gave to my girlfriend.

So yeah, $250 down just to enhance my Skate experience, completely fucking wasted.  I'd have to buy ANOTHER 12 month xbox live card, and I'd have to BUY THE GAME AGAIN because it's not listed on the "damaged disk replacement plan" that xbox has. And I fear I'd then loose absolutely everything I've got saved on the game.

fslhkaj;fdsajfkls;ajfdsl;kafjdsla;kfjdslka;fjdslka;fdjsal;fjdsl;kafjdsl;kafjdsalk;asjkl;dfsajkl;sfdajkl;fdsaajkl;fsadjlk;
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 96
« Reply #901 on: February 29, 2008, 11:14:42 PM »
Tonight's marked the worst night in xbox360dom hopefully anyone's ever dealt with.

So me and my girlfriend after hours finally figured out how to get my xbox and computer to recognize eachother.

But...

Unknowing that the xbox live card only applies to one gamertag, I just had her do hers because for whatever reason my Yahoo and gmail accounts just aren't up to snuff for Microsoft and it was either that or go through the hassle of creating a new email account immediately (which I would've if I had known). So now she's got a years' worth of xbox live to fag out w/ her buddies at gh3, and I've got a hand-me down 3 month card courtesy of one of her friends. Which is actually pretty rad.

But after getting all that situated, I went to eject the disk while the xbox was off, and standing vertical. I've done this many times before, but for some reason, this time, upon ejecting, the disk came loose from the cradle, spinning like a motherfucker, and something on the way out carved three very deep circular gashes in my copy of Skate.

I tried starting a new career for the hell of it, and every single time it freezes durring the intro right after the kid gets hit by the bus. For a short while, freeskate worked fine, but now all that will load is the specific area you choose to be dropped off in, and if you travel any further, you fall off the face of the earth.

Plus, I went to view saved replays, and all you can see is me pushing in pitch blackness, doing tricks.

So, tonight I bought, the $100 bullshit wireless adapter that caused me and my girlfriend both much anguish struggling to set it up, a $100 20gig hard drive that I was told would decrease the loading time durring gameplay, which didn't do that at all for the few moments I got to play before the disk got destroyed, and the $50 12 month xbox live card that I pretty much gave to my girlfriend.

So yeah, $250 down just to enhance my Skate experience, completely fucking wasted.  I'd have to buy ANOTHER 12 month xbox live card, and I'd have to BUY THE GAME AGAIN because it's not listed on the "damaged disk replacement plan" that xbox has. And I fear I'd then loose absolutely everything I've got saved on the game.

fslhkaj;fdsajfkls;ajfdsl;kafjdsla;kfjdslka;fjdslka;fdjsal;fjdsl;kafjdsl;kafjdsalk;asjkl;dfsajkl;sfdajkl;fdsaajkl;fsadjlk;

Big bummer, but a few things.  First off call Microsoft about the fucked up disc and tell them you did nothing but play the game and it scratched it up.  This is a actually a not so rare occurence with 360's seeing as they're built like Yugo's.  Secondly, I don't know if it's too late for you to take it back but there's other options for getting it online wirelessly without their branded crap.  Google it, I think you can get something for like 50 bills.  Also when Microsoft accepts liability for problems(scratched disk) they usually hook it up with free shit.  This can sometimes be a 3 month LIVE subscription, or an old 1st party game like Kameo (I got both before I gave up on the piece of shit).  And it's too late now but nobody should ever buy the 280$ core system, as it's the worst deal imaginable.  To play on Live you need the harddrive anyway, and if you buy the Pro you're not paying 100 for it, you're only paying 70$(it's 349.99).  100 bucks for a 20 gig HDD is just insane, on PS3 you can swap out for any laptop harddrive, and for the same price you can get a 250 gig drive at least.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #902 on: March 01, 2008, 12:20:09 AM »
Yeah, I really wish someone woulda told me that, or that I'd looked into it a bit more, I'm really regretting it. Thanks for the tips. You know if there's a specific number to call in regards of getting my shit replaced for free? Ahh well, if it's common enough, I should just be able to google it.

Anyway I managed to get one clip and successfully upload it (or so it said) but the ea website is too fucked to even find it! Is it always so horrible? maybe it's getting flooded with whack fake accounts, too. haha
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #903 on: March 01, 2008, 01:21:27 AM »
That site's always whack for me.  You have to call 1-800-4MYXBOX , whatever that translates too.  If I remember correctly if you just keep saying "let me talk to an agent" or "agent" it'll skip you through the hordes of menus.  Another thing is too, no matter what you say they're gonna try to walk you through all the steps of checking that you have your 360 setup right no matter what.  Even if you report the disc problem they'll probably still want you to check the power cord and such.

Ice Cream & Lucid Dreams

• Rep: 7
  • word...life
    Gold Topic Start Gold Topic Start : Start a topic with over 10,000 replies.
« Reply #904 on: March 01, 2008, 07:54:00 AM »
Yeah, I really wish someone woulda told me that, or that I'd looked into it a bit more, I'm really regretting it. Thanks for the tips. You know if there's a specific number to call in regards of getting my shit replaced for free? Ahh well, if it's common enough, I should just be able to google it.

Anyway I managed to get one clip and successfully upload it (or so it said) but the ea website is too fucked to even find it! Is it always so horrible? maybe it's getting flooded with whack fake accounts, too. haha
your in luck. i was in your same situation but if you return it to best buy theyll give you a new copy. make sure not to fuck anything up though because the warranty runs out in 90 days

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #905 on: March 01, 2008, 09:21:25 PM »
ok, Jesus, since you're my newfound savior... I've successfully uploaded three clips, and added my gamertag to my ea nation profile, but I'll be logged into ea skate homepage, then when I click on the "skate reel", the "skate reel" page loads up, and I've then been booted off/logged out. I then click "log in" and all it does is refresh the page. I then click "find it" next to "find your vid", and I get the good ol' 404 Not Found page.

And I've tried it in both IE and firefox, so it's not that. What's the deal?

And also, what's online play like? I've yet to fag off w/ people yet. Is it tough getting that going?

Bill

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 71
  • Back?
    • Divine Clothing & Design avatar image
« Reply #906 on: March 01, 2008, 10:20:47 PM »
ok, Jesus, since you're my newfound savior... I've successfully uploaded three clips, and added my gamertag to my ea nation profile, but I'll be logged into ea skate homepage, then when I click on the "skate reel", the "skate reel" page loads up, and I've then been booted off/logged out. I then click "log in" and all it does is refresh the page. I then click "find it" next to "find your vid", and I get the good ol' 404 Not Found page.

And I've tried it in both IE and firefox, so it's not that. What's the deal?

And also, what's online play like? I've yet to fag off w/ people yet. Is it tough getting that going?

Online play is as easy as hitting the A button three times. If its with your friends, then it will probably be fun, but other than that, its not really worth it. You'll come to realize that just about everyone on Live is either 12 years old, a racist, or just playing to pick fights with everyone based on their gamertags. I had a free month of live and played almost everyday and maybe found 3 decent people on there other than my friends.

BriDen

« Reply #907 on: March 01, 2008, 10:38:14 PM »
That really sucks, Eric. Reading through all of that sounded like a nightmare, which I'm sure it was. I'm pretty sure everyone has had problems with their X Box/ the site in one way or another, but that one takes the cake. One thing you mentioned was having to get a new game and then losing your info. That wouldn't happen cuz the saves are on the harddrive, so no matter which disk you put in they all read your saves from the harddrive.
Also, if you post your gamertag, I could look the videos up and post them, since I really don't know why it won't let you access them. The only idea I have is that they havent converted into flash yet. When I was re-making vid parts I would be going back and forth a lot, and sometimes it would be almost an hour after I uploaded the clip and it wasn't loaded on the site yet. But now that I think about it, the clip still had a page, it just wouldn't load... but maybe there's a different process with the Arcade? I kinda doubt that too, but it's all I could think of.

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -22
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #908 on: March 02, 2008, 01:12:49 AM »
might sound dumb but you did switch the connection to wireless in the xbox dashboard or whatever right?

jesus0nvi4gra

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #909 on: March 02, 2008, 01:25:55 AM »
SKATE's online is terrible, so disappointing.  Yeah have BriDen look your shit up and see what goes down.  I don't remember exactly how to go about it, since I haven't messed with the site since like October.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #910 on: March 02, 2008, 11:22:00 AM »
alright, it's working now. i don't know why, but it is, stoked. Thanks for the help, dudes

too bad the only thing in the game that really amuses me anymore is big ass gaps and Vov megaramp shit.

get bummed

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/50686/posts/921692.aspx
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/50686/posts/921694.aspx
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/50686/posts/921693.aspx

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #911 on: March 02, 2008, 08:30:31 PM »
fuck i hate that site, it will just never work for me

BriDen

« Reply #912 on: March 02, 2008, 09:56:57 PM »
alright, it's working now. i don't know why, but it is, stoked. Thanks for the help, dudes

too bad the only thing in the game that really amuses me anymore is big ass gaps and Vov megaramp shit.

get bummed

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/50686/posts/921692.aspx
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/50686/posts/921694.aspx
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/50686/posts/921693.aspx
That b/s flip was huge! Nollie back heel is good too, I got another line there that I'll put up whenever I feel like disconnecting it and bringing it to the computer. Good stuff, cool that it finally worked for you.
And I hear you about the game getting boring. I like trying to make stuff look really realistic (lower pop, style on grinds, etc) but that gets frustrating quick. I'm probably gunna remake another part soon to kill time and wait out the weather.

Has anybody landed a darkslide? I wanna do MJ's FF part and that's the only thing stopping me. Also the up-down angled ledge I mentioned a while back, but I could prob use those wavy paris ledges if need be.

bothersome

« Reply #913 on: March 02, 2008, 09:59:07 PM »
you were kidding eric, finding the biggest gaps is all you do, and your character is scarily similar to you.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #914 on: March 04, 2008, 05:36:09 PM »
you were kidding eric, finding the biggest gaps is all you do, and your character is scarily similar to you.

Well, i wouldn't say it's all I do...

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/50686/posts/924153.aspx

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
« Reply #915 on: March 06, 2008, 01:37:55 PM »
sick shit eric! 

finally got full cab back tails, i wanna do it nollie, gino-style, but haven't been able to get quite into it.
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/48847/posts/932757.aspx

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #916 on: March 06, 2008, 01:41:49 PM »
hahah, after the first trick, that line gets intense

------

is there any way to do board/lipslides down rails and landing well without having to ollie out?

scott

• Rep: 21
  • woo hah!!
« Reply #917 on: March 06, 2008, 02:44:53 PM »
ha, yeah it got wild with all the dumb 360 shoves, i just wanted to do a damn switch hardflip, but of course it went 360. 

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
« Reply #918 on: March 07, 2008, 11:43:46 AM »
LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

BriDen

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #920 on: March 08, 2008, 01:58:24 AM »
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/43666/posts/936412.aspx

yay

HOWWWWW!?

Do tell. Was it at random or did you figure out the trick to it? Every time I've ever 360 shuv'd out of tail, it'd be on accident, and I'd go to fakie cause I don't have the presence of mind to turn back to regular.

And also, if you wanna do a single kickflip hippy jump, I suggest the roof of the parkade, the rails are tall, and if you go slow enough to land into the bank, your back foot will come up higher as your body shifts forward to land in the tranny, so your back foot clears the bar way easier than that school one or any other I tried, but the closest I could do is a regular double-flip.

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #921 on: March 08, 2008, 03:40:35 PM »
ok the music in this shit sucks. i have mp3s on the harddrive and is there a way to get that shit to play instead of this censored faggotry?

oh yeah and its on ps3 4 me roflcock
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 03:42:39 PM by Guile »
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Universal Remonster

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #922 on: March 08, 2008, 07:50:41 PM »
i've never really fucked with ps3 but i really couldnt see them not making that work, if you have an ipod or something try plugging that into the usb

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #923 on: March 18, 2008, 11:06:56 AM »
pretty funny shit, didn't expect this to happen, but I checked skate reel today and my video slid into the number one ranked spot.

Here is my xbox live press release.

"Somehow, my guard K.O. video in EA skate reached #1 ranked in the world today on skate reel. I'd like to thank Allah, Jesus and Captain America. And anyone who voted. It's a good day. When you see me make sure to tell me how awesome I am. That is all"

heres the video
http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/4129/posts/927780.aspx

I should throw a party or something haha

Sleazy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 266
  • tiger style
« Reply #924 on: March 18, 2008, 11:45:14 AM »
that shit was pretty funny

can't remember if I posted this but fuck it

http://skate.share.ea.com/profiles/32537/posts/882215.aspx

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #925 on: March 18, 2008, 02:22:52 PM »
sweet, never thought to skate that thing before

cahl

« Reply #926 on: March 18, 2008, 09:02:19 PM »
howd you do that back tail 360 shuv out!

bothersome

« Reply #927 on: March 18, 2008, 10:38:51 PM »
how you spot these regular gaps eric ill never know.

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #928 on: March 18, 2008, 10:45:30 PM »
You feelin it?

yeah dude!

« Reply #929 on: March 18, 2008, 11:27:46 PM »
How do you ride away from such big drops?

I'm such a NeWb