Author Topic: EA Skate Demo  (Read 220156 times)

EastCoastLove

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 64
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
Re: EA Skate Demo
« Reply #2220 on: January 21, 2009, 10:41:55 PM »
yeah seriously!!

amazon better hurry the fuck up with this shit

« Last Edit: January 21, 2009, 10:44:18 PM by EastCoastLove »

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #2221 on: January 21, 2009, 10:48:26 PM »
im renting a copy because im to poor to afford the actual game, hopefully blockbuster gets there copys in tomorrow if they do im gonna buy some chron also and just relax all day (depending on the weather)

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #2222 on: January 22, 2009, 12:29:52 AM »
Can't get it in till Saturday when I get a chance to go into town  :(

Zurg

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 694
« Reply #2223 on: January 22, 2009, 12:39:12 AM »
the level is sick. They re did all the plazas everything just looks a bit better. My only complaint is seems a little too close to original skate sometimes.

frisco

« Reply #2224 on: January 22, 2009, 12:47:18 AM »
the level is sick. They re did all the plazas everything just looks a bit better. My only complaint is seems a little too close to original skate sometimes.

I was reallllyyy hoping this wouldnt happen but with such little time to put this game out im sure they used similar spots and locations, thats a bit of a bummer but im still stoked

ALT

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 124
« Reply #2225 on: January 22, 2009, 12:49:58 AM »
What is the map like? Have they kept the same formula as before making it like SF, Barcelona & Vancouver or is it a completely different style?

loophole

« Reply #2226 on: January 22, 2009, 01:03:02 AM »
i've only played ea skate (1) twice and am going to buy either one or two in a week. so having barely played the first, would it be shameful to go straight for skate 2? would i be missing out?

guy le douche

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 0
« Reply #2227 on: January 22, 2009, 01:22:24 AM »
you would be missing out if you didn't buy skate 2

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #2228 on: January 22, 2009, 03:09:15 AM »
Yeah she had my phone number as well....HI!!!THIS IS ASHLEY!!!

It's good that I didn't try to show up at 10:15.

unfortunately my gf intercepted this phone call. she said Ashley told her to swing by "after noon". Now does this mean, a bit after noon or immediately after noon?
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

bbk

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 278
  • Dopeness
« Reply #2229 on: January 22, 2009, 04:10:58 AM »
I preorderd it and will be picking mine up in 2 hours, i'm pretty damn stoked

ccc333

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
  • ohyeah
« Reply #2230 on: January 22, 2009, 04:53:11 AM »
I will be on the hunt today.  (didn't preorder)

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #2231 on: January 22, 2009, 07:19:21 AM »
i have a tattoo appointment this weekend that is gonna eat up all my extra cash.  Looks like I gotta wait a few weeks till I can get it.  Bummed.  I started a new carreer in skate 1 to tie me over.   It's so easy this time around.

BriDen

« Reply #2232 on: January 22, 2009, 07:35:37 AM »
u gettin any face tats?

fuck, i hope the fix some of the shit in the full version. the replay editor is SOOOO much better in skate 2 than in the first one. going to be a lot better just cause of that.

the other 2 problems im pretty sure are not fixed. the first one i know for sure is that fakie bullshit. when you do a 180, as soon as you land, if you start holding down again to ollie, he AUTOMATICALLY does a fakie ollie unless you wait like 3 seconds. its so fucking annoying, i have gotten to the point where if i want to do quick lines i have to do the fucking trick backwards on the stick. so gay. if they intentionally put that in the game that is fucking regular im sorry. does your brain work backwards when you skate fakie? fuck no. when you 180 you can place your feet however the fuck you want, you arent STUCK on fakie for 3 seconds before you can hop back to regular. fucking regular, pisses me off.

the other problem is that straight leg bullshit. i cant tell if they have fixed it. i dont really know how to explain the straight leg bullshit but its when you are ollieing over something, say a curb, and then there is a drop after, your guy extends his legs fully sometimes and it looks completely fucking ridiculous. im pretty sure they have improved on that. that problem is just a glitch because the game thinks you are going to land on the ledge for a split second so it cant decide whether to continue to float crouched or start absorbing the impact.

does anyone have the slightest clue what im talking about?
Yeah... it's not a problem though, they did it on purpose to make switch/fakie look legit. If it really bothers you that much, right after you land just press the button like you were gunna take a push, but before you get your foot off, bring the right stick down. It'll put you in "normal" stance.

The Bullet

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 138
« Reply #2233 on: January 22, 2009, 09:48:13 AM »
I kinda like it once I got used to it. 

I wish they would fix it so that you stay in the switch/fakie stance for more than 3 seconds.  I love how a fakie 3flip looks, but I hate how after 3 seconds you change your stance so that it looks like your skating regular.   It's annoying if your trying to do some big gap going all fast and you want it to look switch and the only way to do it is to 180 right before you get there, or 180 way in advance and crouch down looking like an idiot for however long it takes you to get to the obstacle.  Is this making sense??

I know what you mean about the straight leg thing, it happens whenever I ollie over a picnic table.  It's damn annoying, they better have fixed it.

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #2234 on: January 22, 2009, 10:12:12 AM »
just got my copy! installing to my HD right now, and rolling up a joint

busey

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1290
  • i can't it's a geo!
« Reply #2235 on: January 22, 2009, 10:16:46 AM »
what's the point of installing it to your hard drive? i hear a lot of people started doing this. does it make it run smoother?
I rolled my ankle jacking off on a ladder.

max power

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #2236 on: January 22, 2009, 10:25:17 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what's the point of installing it to your hard drive? i hear a lot of people started doing this. does it make it run smoother?
some games load faster, but mostly it just stops the dvd drive humming

ccc333

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 65
  • ohyeah
« Reply #2237 on: January 22, 2009, 10:30:14 AM »
Yayyyyyyy I gotz it!

Twitch247

• Administrator
  • Rep: 18009
« Reply #2238 on: January 22, 2009, 10:53:05 AM »
Yayyyyyyy I gotz it!
Played it last night with our copy from SLAP, Fucking Sweet!

EricLogan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 836
  • the ghost of Turd Ferguson's past
« Reply #2239 on: January 22, 2009, 11:03:08 AM »
Anyone from the west coast got theirs yet? I'mma head to gamestop right now, I'mma be pissed if they're like "We don't have it, try back in a half hour". You know they've had it for like a week and they just don't wanna blow out the marketing strategy.

yeah i do that sometimes that pisses me off... i hate that fakie bullshit
fuckin makin me switch my whole brain up for some damn vidya game? what the dill wit dat

this is the dumbest complaint I've heard about the skate games.

you obviously haven't realized it, but it's an effort to accurately duplicate fakie and switch skating, so that when you do fakie tricks you're still popping with the tail, and off the nose when you're skating switch. Play the Tony Hawk games if you don't want a skating videogame to have a skating feel at all.

If anything, I think it should be like that perminantly after you've chosen your stance, so that you can actually take a few pushes and still do fakie and switch tricks with the appropriate side of your board, I sorta hate trying a big gap switch and having to time out a 180 and land it perfectly to maintain the speed needed to do the trick the proper way, especially now, I know I'll get used to it, but it's a lot tougher to do a perfect 180 in skate2. Also a slightly definititive switch push would be kinda sick.
I rarely venture into classic slap and the one time I do it I find a guy getting his dick eaten by a dolphin.

Goblinshark

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 100
  • It's a trap!
« Reply #2240 on: January 22, 2009, 11:13:00 AM »
I'm going to go get it right now!!!  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Stephen Alcala: chris cole anit a loser
Stephen Alcala: frank grewer is an alcholic
Stephen Alcala: LOSER

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #2241 on: January 22, 2009, 11:22:57 AM »
Anyone from the west coast got theirs yet? I'mma head to gamestop right now, I'mma be pissed if they're like "We don't have it, try back in a half hour". You know they've had it for like a week and they just don't wanna blow out the marketing strategy.

Expand Quote
yeah i do that sometimes that pisses me off... i hate that fakie bullshit
fuckin makin me switch my whole brain up for some damn vidya game? what the dill wit dat

[close]

this is the dumbest complaint I've heard about the skate games.

you obviously haven't realized it, but it's an effort to accurately duplicate fakie and switch skating, so that when you do fakie tricks you're still popping with the tail, and off the nose when you're skating switch. Play the Tony Hawk games if you don't want a skating videogame to have a skating feel at all.

If anything, I think it should be like that perminantly after you've chosen your stance, so that you can actually take a few pushes and still do fakie and switch tricks with the appropriate side of your board, I sorta hate trying a big gap switch and having to time out a 180 and land it perfectly to maintain the speed needed to do the trick the proper way, especially now, I know I'll get used to it, but it's a lot tougher to do a perfect 180 in skate2. Also a slightly definititive switch push would be kinda sick.

yeah it looks way better rolling and popping switch tricks like that. i was really hoping that was going to be a permanent thing in skate 2 but it looks like we will have to wait for the next one (if there is a next one, since all the nerd boys shit thier pants at the framerate issues)
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Choad Muskrat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 522
« Reply #2242 on: January 22, 2009, 11:33:19 AM »
I gotta still do some work today,booo , but really liking it so far, the career seems mellow i was just wandering around looking for pools to get into the thrasher pool party. Spots seem a lot more condensed, in skate 1 there were large sections where there was nothing to skate.

Just to add to the switch discussion, ive been doing 180 hippy jumps to set up for switch, it's quicker you just gotta make sure your going straight.

And busey, I like playing games off the HD because it means the disc isn't spinning, this equals less noise, less scratches on the disc and probably will make your xbox last longer because it's not working as hard or heating up as much.

Foray

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 224
  • Miglios
« Reply #2243 on: January 22, 2009, 11:48:28 AM »
Anybody know where to get this game? Gamestop?  EB?  TELL MEE

tysj!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 98
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/tysj avatar image
« Reply #2244 on: January 22, 2009, 12:11:42 PM »
Just picked it up after class. Installing to 2-6 classes flip out. PS3 sesh this weekend or die
LUTZKA SUCKED HIS OWN DICK OFF
NOW HIS PUSSY IS 120 GRIT SOFT
I PEELED THAT NIGGAS SKIN OFF LIKE GRIPTAPE
ALIEN UNDERNEATH, EXPLODED JIZZ IN HIS BITCH'S FACE!

Stoeipoes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 53
« Reply #2245 on: January 22, 2009, 12:35:10 PM »
I just played skate 2. It's less better than I thought but still very good.
Sometimes it's a bit too full with spots or something, but the flips look way better.
Bitches call me pussy, the horse filler.

Mooley

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 254
« Reply #2246 on: January 22, 2009, 12:43:41 PM »
Gotta wait until after class to run and grab it. I forgot my cell phone, they better have it at EB.

PAWL

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -57
« Reply #2247 on: January 22, 2009, 12:47:44 PM »
getting off work,picking this up then probably hibernating all weekend or at least till there is so snow patches on the ground
yo mike mo new age ape style high five with my reborn hand.

2008 psychedelic experience. thanks.

milpool

• Rep: 20
« Reply #2248 on: January 22, 2009, 12:50:33 PM »
Fuck! EB sold out like an hour before i called in. Does anyone know how long these places take to get another shipment?

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
« Reply #2249 on: January 22, 2009, 12:51:52 PM »
i jsut wanted to come on and brag that i got it for free. i had no idea i had a store credit at EBGames, either that or mohawk-tie-nerd fucked up. either way, so stoked, and now i can afford beer.
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES