Author Topic: could anyone tell me why everybody hate's david loy?  (Read 11816 times)

Smurph

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 30
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
could anyone tell me why everybody hate's david loy?
« on: November 08, 2007, 09:20:54 AM »
seriously I dont know why but all I see is shit about him,what's so bad about him?

Guile

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 368
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
Re: could anyone tell me why everybody hate's david loy?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 09:22:12 AM »
horrible style, hes 10 years old, and there is way better skateboarders out there so who the fuck wants to pay attention to a little kid with no coverage or style?
               DGK
              SOME
              TIMES

Edward Penishands

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2007, 09:22:37 AM »
well, well, well............

sanch

• Rep: -3
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2007, 09:23:46 AM »
I don't know either. Never heard of him but the publicity will have a selective viewer like me go check you tube for some footy.
Sounds like some 9 year old kickflipper, which I can't hate on. Didn't say I can't poke a little fun.
Rasa Libre and High Grade are completely separate entities. Completely different hippies-mdspb

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -936
  • I own Malibu? I am going to fuck you.
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2007, 09:24:17 AM »
Whos got the youtube link?
He's a representation of how fucked up the x-games and Tony Hawk video games have made the next generation of skateboarders.
Are you a kook? If you would say this, the answer is “YES”
I quit skating for a time due to piling out

Pine

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 161
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2007, 09:29:00 AM »
he has a part in this video at around 17:45.

biggums mcgee

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2007, 09:44:10 AM »
he's in it for the money, he has an agent and is activley looking for acting spots.

Smurph

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2007, 09:48:25 AM »
just looked,he's not anything special but like,but why do people make such a big deal about him? like he's only a kid and shit,there's millions of kids like that.

eranka

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 203
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2007, 09:58:53 AM »
i cant hate on the way he skates, he's just a little kid and has a lot of growing up to do
butttttttttttttttttttt

stuck up brat

Stylites

• Rep: -8
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2007, 10:03:23 AM »
Him being 10 should not be an arguing point towards this individual. Watching him skate in the video link shows me above all that he has a great control for the board beneath his feet, much more than I will ever have. Usually it seems when someone contests a skater like this it follows that they use a 'lack of style' or a 'THPS influenced aesthetic' as the driving example of why the individual in question is wrong to be sponsored perhaps or wrong to be skating at all in some instances. If we were to follow out the influence the THPS series has had on a generation of skaters through introducing them to the skate world, we have to see what changes the game made. There were previous games that were there with the NES system and so forth, for skaters of an earlier generation, but because of the technology and bit ratio the games tended to be limited in actual representation. But skaters played these games--the difference was that because the technology could only establish so much on the screen the skater playing this game could see the downfalls; they couldn't become fully absorbed in the game because they could never fully garner a control of their video character in the video environment. Trying to imagine a skater pushing their stride on the board to some of those older games physics would be fairly interesting and could show the breaks between the two. I suppose in a way all the problems people have with the generation inspired by video games are potentially a generation themselves who grew up with the older games that did not inspire necessarily to go out and emulate or push oneself further because of the possibilities within those games. Kids throwing themselves down large sets and rails, etc. develop not from a notion that their progression is established through a furthering of personal style, but of personal control, to be able to plug or dial the k-grind as my andrew reynold's character does it every time in the game and for the longer grind its me with the control in hand that has to keep him balanced. I prefer to struggle my entire life skating with the relationship of the board under my feet than to work towards accessing the control of said tricks, but this I think might be an older idea, and this is ok. Curiously pros we champion as having style are favorites because they seem to have developed a mastery of the style, a control of the style, over a control of the trick. Skaters like David Loy are bringing to the table a reach for a pontential of trick selection and control of the body in application, a harnessing of muscle memory of sorts that begins from a study of the trick as the trick. Its more of a definitive practice, David Loy is defining 'k-grind' when he does one, and his consistency shows the accuracy of his definition. The appreciated style favorites lend a description to the tricks, make them their own, and show how they can be pushed to the limit before they become something else, another trick altogether. The David Loy skater is sacrifcing alot with the way he skates in taking up the THPS inspired aesthetic, but this is partly due to the openness of that game, and being able to feel like you have control of it. It is practice for the real thing.

High School Dropou

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 10:04:48 AM »
Him being 10 should not be an arguing point towards this individual. Watching him skate in the video link shows me above all that he has a great control for the board beneath his feet, much more than I will ever have. Usually it seems when someone contests a skater like this it follows that they use a 'lack of style' or a 'THPS influenced aesthetic' as the driving example of why the individual in question is wrong to be sponsored perhaps or wrong to be skating at all in some instances. If we were to follow out the influence the THPS series has had on a generation of skaters through introducing them to the skate world, we have to see what changes the game made. There were previous games that were there with the NES system and so forth, for skaters of an earlier generation, but because of the technology and bit ratio the games tended to be limited in actual representation. But skaters played these games--the difference was that because the technology could only establish so much on the screen the skater playing this game could see the downfalls; they couldn't become fully absorbed in the game because they could never fully garner a control of their video character in the video environment. Trying to imagine a skater pushing their stride on the board to some of those older games physics would be fairly interesting and could show the breaks between the two. I suppose in a way all the problems people have with the generation inspired by video games are potentially a generation themselves who grew up with the older games that did not inspire necessarily to go out and emulate or push oneself further because of the possibilities within those games. Kids throwing themselves down large sets and rails, etc. develop not from a notion that their progression is established through a furthering of personal style, but of personal control, to be able to plug or dial the k-grind as my andrew reynold's character does it every time in the game and for the longer grind its me with the control in hand that has to keep him balanced. I prefer to struggle my entire life skating with the relationship of the board under my feet than to work towards accessing the control of said tricks, but this I think might be an older idea, and this is ok. Curiously pros we champion as having style are favorites because they seem to have developed a mastery of the style, a control of the style, over a control of the trick. Skaters like David Loy are bringing to the table a reach for a pontential of trick selection and control of the body in application, a harnessing of muscle memory of sorts that begins from a study of the trick as the trick. Its more of a definitive practice, David Loy is defining 'k-grind' when he does one, and his consistency shows the accuracy of his definition. The appreciated style favorites lend a description to the tricks, make them their own, and show how they can be pushed to the limit before they become something else, another trick altogether. The David Loy skater is sacrifcing alot with the way he skates in taking up the THPS inspired aesthetic, but this is partly due to the openness of that game, and being able to feel like you have control of it. It is practice for the real thing.
what the fuck

Lance

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 581
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2007, 10:07:14 AM »
I don't know who he is nor have I never seen him, if the message board doesnt back him ill take it's word
Anyone else notice that Tony Parker is the Gino of basketball?

noah

• Rep: -2
  • level vibes
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2007, 10:07:41 AM »

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Smurph

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2007, 10:11:53 AM »
i cant hate on the way he skates, he's just a little kid and has a lot of growing up to do
butttttttttttttttttttt

stuck up brat
if thats him then fuck he's a spastic!!!!!!
but like is it even real like? you freakin' badass is what it sounds like he shouts...........and man if yo said that over here you would straight up get your head kicked in just for how gay it sounds!

sanch

• Rep: -3
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2007, 10:14:36 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

hit the snooze button, still some paragraphs left.

Didn't read this whole thing but my eye happened to catch the last few sentences. Dude, no way thps is gonna make you a better skater. That absolutely regular. Watching skate videos will do way more for  couch progression.
Rasa Libre and High Grade are completely separate entities. Completely different hippies-mdspb

ahlee

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 482
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2007, 10:21:59 AM »
i hate you now for making an anti-david loy hate thread.

remEMBer

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 52
    • emb4ever avatar image
« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2007, 10:23:56 AM »
I do remember at the vans/gonz gap thing he was there and think it was Thorn saying "she looks good in those tight pants" as he was mid air on a trick and I couldn't stop myself from laughing. I'm sure this kid is good. It seems like they all are these days.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2007, 10:43:05 AM by remEMBer »

biggums mcgee

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2007, 10:24:40 AM »
stylites is what happens when loy's parents homeschool him and let him buy a laptop

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2007, 10:43:25 AM »
Didn't read the whole thing, but I doubt you can change my prejudice against so-cal rail bros. By the way, nobody needs to define the k-grind- crooks are one of the most overdone tricks ever, and if that is his trick, its yet another reason to make fun of him. And by the way, people seem less hateful of him than they just in general think he is a kook to be laughed at easily. In the same way, I don't think people hated the Sheck show as much as the threads would reflect, there was just always something new to laugh at about him. Loy works the same way. He's a spoiled rotten jockish little douchebag, and he consistently reaffirms it.

Stylites

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2007, 11:15:04 AM »
stylites is what happens when loy's parents homeschool him and let him buy a laptop

homeschool? I'm not able to follow.

Stylites

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 11:17:38 AM »

Didn't read the whole thing, but I doubt you can change my prejudice against so-cal rail bros. By the way, nobody needs to define the k-grind- crooks are one of the most overdone tricks ever, and if that is his trick, its yet another reason to make fun of him. And by the way, people seem less hateful of him than they just in general think he is a kook to be laughed at easily. In the same way, I don't think people hated the Sheck show as much as the threads would reflect, there was just always something new to laugh at about him. Loy works the same way. He's a spoiled rotten jockish little douchebag, and he consistently reaffirms it.
[/quote]

I don't understand how you can think I am attempting to change your prejudice if you firstly say you have not read the entire paragraph.

Ronald Wilson Reagan

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 11:26:21 AM »
I read enough to realize you are defending him and trying to change minds. Silly.

trojan

• Rep: -5
    • MUCKMOUTH avatar image
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 11:36:53 AM »
because she looks funny...

sir ruffs a lot

• Rep: -1
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 11:53:04 AM »
butttttttttttttttttttt

stuck up brat

that kid should be punched in the face

Stylites

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 11:56:32 AM »
I read enough to realize you are defending him and trying to change minds. Silly.

And the problem with someone in their late 20's defending a ~10 year old would be?

TheFrontSeatLife

« Reply #25 on: November 08, 2007, 01:24:59 PM »
He's just a little kid who's going for the whole Sheckler route. Whatever.

joto

• Rep: -14
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2007, 01:36:12 PM »
he has a part in this video at around 17:45.

Your officially KOOKED just for knowing that.

sweatloaf

« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2007, 01:39:02 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
[close]

hit the snooze button, still some paragraphs left.

Didn't read this whole thing but my eye happened to catch the last few sentences. Dude, no way thps is gonna make you a better skater. That absolutely regular. Watching skate videos will do way more for  couch progression.

Dude, playing 720 totally taught me how to avoid swarms of bees.

kelchmonster

• Rep: 26
  • WHAT FOOL!
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2007, 01:39:21 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
what the fuck
what the fuck is right

jerrodword

• Rep: -31
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2007, 02:11:27 PM »

how is your rep not in the negative numbers? i know mine is but damn.. he defines "k-grind" when he does one?? WTF