Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4537175 times)

sadnocomply

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 129
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
    Silver Topic Start Silver Topic Start : Start a topic with over 5,000 replies.
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #30540 on: April 02, 2020, 07:18:52 PM »
relax, they were smoking a blunt mid sesh

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
« Reply #30541 on: April 02, 2020, 07:45:12 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Untitled by , on Flickr
Posted these before when they were new but just started skating these spanky g6s. Had a couple of 2 hour sessions, tons of kickflips each. Loving them although the lace protection is crap. Have a feeling I'm gonna go through a lace a session which is a bumer. They are great otherwise.
[close]
sick. Still want a pair. How’s the cushion - anything comparable? Fit/shape similar to other Emerica/wino slips?
[close]
They have the same sole as the reynolds g6 so the cushion is great. The shape is like a slightly wider romero laced shape (never had the winos but probably wider than that). I could imagine it being too wide for someone with super narrow feet but its perfect for my medium width feet. If you want a super basic upper with a thicker sole, these are your shoes.

I'm currently skating the Spanky G6 too. The thin upper with level of cushioning in the sole is such a good combo. I messed around in photoshop and made a higher cut version. Would be my perfect shoe.

Heather Chandler

« Reply #30542 on: April 03, 2020, 12:38:30 AM »

I'm currently skating the Spanky G6 too. The thin upper with level of cushioning in the sole is such a good combo. I messed around in photoshop and made a higher cut version. Would be my perfect shoe.

Gorgeous

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #30543 on: April 03, 2020, 08:25:08 AM »
relax, they were smoking a blunt mid sesh
Lmao I lold
Expand Quote
^I dunno I think it's pretty dope. Also probably helps that you like the kind of shoes that those folks seem to be into. Oh btw does that make you a shoe baby?
[close]

I’m the shoe master
« Last Edit: April 03, 2020, 09:46:12 AM by johnes »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

PeggyHillsShittySpanish

• Rep: 2
« Reply #30544 on: April 03, 2020, 09:41:34 AM »
I got the Emerica Dickson's in the burgundy and they are nice. I know they are a suped up Wino but they also remind me of the Reynolds 3 vulc. Very comfy.

Very nice. Hoping for more gum sole options of that in the future with different color ways.

Big Baby Jesus

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 267
    • Suciu avatar image
« Reply #30545 on: April 04, 2020, 07:50:50 AM »

Gorgeous

This needs to happen. There's a lack of Mid Cupsoles, unlike the mid 2000s. What the Telford back
flat spotted 3 times in 2 weeks, other than that awesome wheels

Baby is gonna be raised by Max and Cyrus

Global Moderator

« Reply #30546 on: April 04, 2020, 08:37:16 AM »
Been feeling nostalgic for DC lately, plus I'm a sucker for wheat colored shoes with gum soles. DC Maswell

Ok

• Trade Count: (+3)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #30547 on: April 04, 2020, 09:12:03 AM »
Been feeling nostalgic for DC lately, plus I'm a sucker for wheat colored shoes with gum soles. DC Maswell

Haven’t heard anyone speak on that model.
 My legacy slims were as good of a shoe as I’ve had, might go that way as dunks are too difficult/expensive.
Wheats always nice
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:57:36 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

IanBZHD

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 55
« Reply #30548 on: April 04, 2020, 09:52:14 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

My legacy slims were as good of a shoe as I’ve had, might go that way as dunks are too difficult/expensive.
Wheats always nice
Looking at this post made me have that feeling of when you start noticing skateboarders because of their shoes when you first start.
Although most people aren't skating DC, especially that model, it looks way more individual and a skate shoe more than most of the shoe posts now days. I am a sucker for Brown/Gum.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:57:53 AM by Bubblegum Tate »

Global Moderator

« Reply #30549 on: April 04, 2020, 10:23:41 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Wheats always nice

Yeah they actually feel a lot like Dunks and fit very similarly. The sole is very flexible and the upper materials are durable and high quality, I recommend trying a pair.

Expand Quote
[close]
Looking at this post made me have that feeling of when you start noticing skateboarders because of their shoes when you first start.
Although most people aren't skating DC, especially that model, it looks way more individual and a skate shoe more than most of the shoe posts now days. I am a sucker for Brown/Gum.

I agree… That’s what I love about these shoes, they look like skate shoes, the kind you see on someone else and go, “oooohhhh, those are dope.”

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #30550 on: April 04, 2020, 11:23:45 AM »

Damn. These are so sick. I wore Lakai's the last decade. Does DC's fit similar? I am a 7.5 in Lakai
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:58:29 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
IG: @flowterspace

Ok

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1112
« Reply #30551 on: April 04, 2020, 11:39:44 AM »
My last lakai shoe, and first in ....10 ish years was the proto. I liked the shoe. Little narrow. Skated well, materials were decent. It’s $75 ish dollar shoe, but lakai was trying to get that $100 Nike money. Can’t see it.
I feel like I wear a 10 in dunks, Jordan’s, 9.5 af1s, 10.5 in lakai and dc cupsoles. Not sure if that helps. If you have been 7.5 in lakai vulcs, which used to bag out quick for me (bagged out fresh outta the box.....’out of the box’ is a fucking annoying, stupid, OFT repeated phrase. Fuck) than I’d go .5 size up in cup soles. Ish.
Interested to hear others thoughts on this

fs1/2cab

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 614
    • a short part avatar image
« Reply #30552 on: April 04, 2020, 11:41:43 AM »
My last lakai shoe, and first in ....10 ish years was the proto. I liked the shoe. Little narrow. Skated well, materials were decent. It’s $75 ish dollar shoe, but lakai was trying to get that $100 Nike money. Can’t see it.
I feel like I wear a 10 in dunks, Jordan’s, 9.5 af1s, 10.5 in lakai and dc cupsoles. Not sure if that helps. If you have been 7.5 in lakai vulcs, which used to bag out quick for me (bagged out fresh outta the box.....’out of the box’ is a fucking annoying, stupid, OFT repeated phrase. Fuck) than I’d go .5 size up in cup soles. Ish.

Thank you so far mate. :)
IG: @flowterspace

Front Blunt

• Rep: -4
« Reply #30553 on: April 04, 2020, 12:00:11 PM »
Expand Quote

Gorgeous
[close]

This needs to happen. There's a lack of Mid Cupsoles, unlike the mid 2000s. What the Telford back

Wow I love that

Made In China

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 645
« Reply #30554 on: April 04, 2020, 03:37:01 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Gorgeous
[close]

[close]

Wow I love that
Yeah I would buy these if they made them. I also agree about the lack of midtop cupsoles. I'm finishing a pair of Cons Fastbreaks and it seems like they're one of the only mid cupsole options around, and even then they're hard to find.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #30555 on: April 04, 2020, 05:01:12 PM »

My first Lakai ever (I think) was the proto. Like it a lot, aside from the heel blisters it gave me during the break in process. Little bit of shoegoo and it has lasted forever. Just poked a hole thru the sole last session though.

I gotta disagree on the DC/Lakai vs Nike sizing though. Proto I’m a 9 and DC cupsoles I’m 9, though the legacy 98s have the slightest bit of extra room in the toes (toebox is a lil taller, not longer) while the Kalis S is nice and snug. T-Funks in 9 feel kinda huge on me. I don’t have any dunks anymore but my AF2s are very snug on me in size 9. Busenitz 9 fit well while shit like Supra and Vans I’m 8.5.

edit: I def agree on the vulc vs cupsole sizing. Vulc I need .5 down. They fit longer.
« Last Edit: April 04, 2020, 05:42:02 PM by YungJugg »

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #30556 on: April 04, 2020, 09:25:08 PM »
20 years of skating, and I can honestly say, these are probably the worst fucking shoes I’ve ever skated in. so fucking clunky and stiff. been skating almost every day for the past month, they still don’t feel broken in. shit, Elijah doesn’t even skate them. lmao
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

johnes

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -238
« Reply #30557 on: April 05, 2020, 04:43:39 AM »

Hel yeah those look great
« Last Edit: April 16, 2020, 12:59:09 AM by Bubblegum Tate »
I’m a fat Siamese cat.

Turtle Boy

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 171
« Reply #30558 on: April 05, 2020, 04:48:42 AM »
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Gorgeous
[close]

[close]

Wow I love that
[close]
Yeah I would buy these if they made them. I also agree about the lack of midtop cupsoles. I'm finishing a pair of Cons Fastbreaks and it seems like they're one of the only mid cupsole options around, and even then they're hard to find.

Need those (thought they were a real model for a second).
EmericaTM can you make it happen?
At least talk about it in a meeting. Those look gorgeous, and nobody offers mid cupsole options right now.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 337
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #30559 on: April 05, 2020, 06:14:01 AM »
Another vote for more mid-top cupsoles over here. And that Spanky G6 looks perfect as a mid.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 35
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #30560 on: April 05, 2020, 08:04:26 AM »
20 years of skating, and I can honestly say, these are probably the worst fucking shoes I’ve ever skated in. so fucking clunky and stiff. been skating almost every day for the past month, they still don’t feel broken in. shit, Elijah doesn’t even skate them. lmao
Worst shoes ever. I had them and God I hated them. Heavy, no flick at all and that horrible pebble magnet sole... Imagine if you step on dog poo
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

jay_nev

• Trade Count: (+9)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 306
« Reply #30561 on: April 05, 2020, 04:46:36 PM »

New 913. Materials and construction are top notch.  Taking a couple days to break them in and really feel the midsole/cushion.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 04:48:37 PM by jay_nev »

gaunting

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 186
« Reply #30562 on: April 05, 2020, 05:52:39 PM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Worst shoes ever. I had them and God I hated them. Heavy, no flick at all and that horrible pebble magnet sole... Imagine if you step on dog poo

that’s the first thing I thought when I saw the sole pattern. lmao I just don’t understand how someone can spend years developing a shoe, and they are happy with that outcome. thankfully they were gifted to me.
This has me cracking up, what exactly does Black Flag have to do with measuring your dick starting behind ya nuts?

Skateboarding is nothing but a game to find the right fits to appear like you're a proportional human being instead of a midget or a giant.

YungJugg

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 229
« Reply #30563 on: April 05, 2020, 06:16:55 PM »

Kalis S, so comfy.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 06:20:17 PM by YungJugg »

Charlie Hustle

« Reply #30564 on: April 05, 2020, 06:30:22 PM »
Between working nights and lockdown, I don't get out much these days.

Alltimers zx4000
Skate Superstars, not the vulcs

Global Moderator

« Reply #30565 on: April 05, 2020, 06:39:59 PM »

Kalis S, so comfy.

These are dope. I have a gray pair on the way.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #30566 on: April 05, 2020, 08:57:29 PM »
Expand Quote

Kalis S, so comfy.
[close]

These are dope. I have a gray pair on the way.
Got the white leather ones. One of the best shows I've ever skated in my life.
Expand Quote
forgive me if i somehow missed it, but could someone help me with just how flat the flat as fuck decks really are?
[close]

As Fuck.

SlapTM

• Rep: 242
« Reply #30567 on: April 05, 2020, 10:43:01 PM »
I got the Emerica Dickson's in the burgundy and they are nice. I know they are a suped up Wino but they also remind me of the Reynolds 3 vulc. Very comfy.
Thanks for the support and I hope you like them! Just started skating them myself and couldn't be more stoked.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Gorgeous
[close]

[close]

Wow I love that
[close]
[close]

At least talk about it in a meeting. Those look gorgeous, and nobody offers mid cupsole options right now.
Thanks for sending these in AJP. Did you DM them to me as well? I swear I thought I saw a DM about them but can't seem to find it.

Turtle Boy and rest of the Slap PALS, always down to consider new ideas such as this one. Already passed it forward and will be discussing more.

Murray Hewitt

• Rep: 56
« Reply #30568 on: April 06, 2020, 01:53:35 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]
Thanks for the support and I hope you like them! Just started skating them myself and couldn't be more stoked.
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

Expand Quote

Gorgeous
[close]

[close]

Wow I love that
[close]
[close]

[close]
Thanks for sending these in AJP. Did you DM them to me as well? I swear I thought I saw a DM about them but can't seem to find it.

Turtle Boy and rest of the Slap PALS, always down to consider new ideas such as this one. Already passed it forward and will be discussing more.

Thanks Tim and thanks to everyone for the feedback. Cool to see other people into slim-mid-cupsoles too.

moonordie

• SLAP Pal
  • ɹǝʌǝɹoɟ lloᴚ
« Reply #30569 on: April 06, 2020, 06:05:12 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

Expand Quote

Expand Quote

Gorgeous
[close]

[close]

Wow I love that
[close]
[close]

[close]

[close]

Thanks Tim and thanks to everyone for the feedback. Cool to see other people into slim-mid-cupsoles too.
Now put the Reynolds g6 sole in the Wino slip on and we're in heaven.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2020, 05:54:11 PM by moonordie »
Expand Quote
[close]

As Fuck.