Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4524832 times)

Velcro Wallet

• Trade Count: (0)
  • Rep: 211
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #33720 on: July 15, 2022, 12:46:53 AM »
I’ve gotta say, these shoes are super good. Been wearing them for a few weeks now and it’s time to put super glue down the two bits on the front and then for some reason I’ll feel like JB Gillett

MyUserName

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 168
  • SLAP OG SLAP OG : Been around since SLAP was a mag.
    Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33721 on: July 15, 2022, 05:37:35 AM »
Honesty confused by the tiny swoosh on the side of the toe trend Nike is doing. It’s so aesthetically unappealing and feels like a mistake every time I see it. Is anyone asking for that?

Lukabrazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 152
Re: Post the shoes your wearing.
« Reply #33722 on: July 15, 2022, 11:24:55 AM »
Expand Quote

at least i got them cheap. consolidunks
[close]

these go for 650 on Stockx now lol

This was my first pair of dunks, got them in a thrift store in Atlanta for $15 in 2007.

Almost bought a pair for $120 a few months back but couldn’t bring myself to spend over $100 on 15+ year old shoes .

Velcro Wallet

• Rep: 211
« Reply #33723 on: July 15, 2022, 02:41:16 PM »
Honesty confused by the tiny swoosh on the side of the toe trend Nike is doing. It’s so aesthetically unappealing and feels like a mistake every time I see it. Is anyone asking for that?

They are shoving the Nike tick in your face as much as they can??

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #33724 on: July 16, 2022, 11:11:06 AM »

;)

MC3

• Rep: 124
  • "That's a Helluva price to pay for being stylish!"
« Reply #33725 on: July 16, 2022, 11:11:06 PM »

;)

I always really wanted a pair of these, I think they look really cool in the right colorway
(Cool Trick GIF)

SaySo

• Rep: 113
  • "Yellow buttercup. Helicopters. Orange buttercat."
« Reply #33726 on: July 17, 2022, 12:01:13 AM »

For their skate line it's new, but IIRC, it's not really something new for them. I think they did that with at least a few running shoes from the mid to late 90's.

Pretty pointless to put them on an area that is going to be subject to serious abrasion. But maybe it's a passive aggressive way one of the designers is getting back at the swoosh?

I agree though, not an aesthetically pleasing placement at all.
"I've got a friend of polar nature, and it's all peace. You and I seek similar stars, but can't sit at the same feast."

"Not every pony grows up to be a Pegasus."

"There's smoke in my iris, but I painted a sunny day on the insides of my eyelids."

Atiba Applebum

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 282
« Reply #33727 on: July 17, 2022, 04:09:48 AM »
Anyone have the chuck taylor mids.  Curious if the white is that ultra white or the cream/off white color.    Can’t really tell from online pics

Argyle

• Rep: 38
« Reply #33728 on: July 17, 2022, 11:43:21 AM »
Expand Quote

;)
[close]

I always really wanted a pair of these, I think they look really cool in the right colorway

Bought these but never skated them. Half decent to play tennis/football in though

somethingmustbreaknow

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 477
« Reply #33729 on: July 18, 2022, 01:00:31 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

;)
[close]
[close]
Bought these but never skated them. Half decent to play tennis/football in though
bought these off of a homie who won them at a contest for a decent price and left them in storage for years. but i am pretty hyped on them now. they skate really really well right out of the box and they appear very durable. also, since i like to lace my shoes rather tightly, i appreciate the snug fit of those with the sock and all. they do get a little hot in summer though and putting them back on with sweaty socks is pretty hard. overall pretty good, would buy again (for the same price).

yourbreakfsat

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 746
  • Bronze Topic Start Bronze Topic Start : Start a topic with over 1,000 replies.
« Reply #33730 on: July 18, 2022, 07:31:30 AM »
Anyone have the chuck taylor mids.  Curious if the white is that ultra white or the cream/off white color.    Can’t really tell from online pics

It's cream/off white.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33731 on: July 18, 2022, 07:38:16 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

It's cream/off white.

Thanks!

Bristol_Palin

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 496
« Reply #33732 on: July 18, 2022, 08:23:32 AM »
I got these on deck. I wish they had the OG tongue but I'm stoked on the new half cabs. I think these are like my 5th pair of the halfcabs in a row. Always wanted this colorway.

Still skating these. Not getting too many sessions in because I have a six month old and work and responsibilities, but the new half cabs really do last. I've been skating these for a bit and they barely look like I even skated them.

I've definitely said screw it I'm just skating half cabs for the rest of my life in the past but this time I'm pretty sure I am going to. I think there's a forest green with a black tongue coming out. I hope they're the half cab 92 and they have the puffy tongue.

Atiba Applebum

• SLAP Pal
« Reply #33733 on: July 18, 2022, 08:53:58 AM »
The Lotties one coming out at the end of the month are one of my favorite half cabs

hobochimp

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 277
« Reply #33734 on: July 18, 2022, 08:55:40 AM »
I got these on deck. I wish they had the OG tongue but I'm stoked on the new half cabs. I think these are like my 5th pair of the halfcabs in a row. Always wanted this colorway.

Still skating these. Not getting too many sessions in because I have a six month old and work and responsibilities, but the new half cabs really do last. I've been skating these for a bit and they barely look like I even skated them.

I've definitely said screw it I'm just skating half cabs for the rest of my life in the past but this time I'm pretty sure I am going to. I think there's a forest green with a black tongue coming out. I hope they're the half cab 92 and they have the puffy tongue.

Half cabs are great and all, but shoutout Birkenstocks.

Skatebeard

• Rep: 129
« Reply #33735 on: July 19, 2022, 08:34:24 AM »
Back to the 00s...D3s are even bigger than I remember. Bought these as occasional wear semi-ironic chillers, not sure if i'll ever actually wear them, but they're comfy as hell.

Fhk

« Reply #33736 on: July 19, 2022, 02:53:48 PM »

Be Trues..Stand together.

lemonchicken91

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 242
« Reply #33737 on: July 19, 2022, 07:11:54 PM »
Does the heel hold better on the regular half cab (non 92)
no, i live in an efficiency by myself and work in middle management like you, loser

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
« Reply #33738 on: July 19, 2022, 08:56:25 PM »

I do wish they would embroider the half cab logo on the heel like they did on the ogs. I hate the look of the tag hanging off and it's almost unavoidable.

LebowskisRug

« Reply #33739 on: July 19, 2022, 09:50:19 PM »
I took a seam ripper and pulled the tags off in about a minute.

Urtripping

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 531
« Reply #33740 on: July 19, 2022, 10:26:32 PM »
I saw your mommy and your mommy's dead

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #33741 on: July 20, 2022, 06:55:08 AM »
Back to the 00s...D3s are even bigger than I remember. Bought these as occasional wear semi-ironic chillers, not sure if i'll ever actually wear them, but they're comfy as hell.

Yes, this is so dope. I wanted to semi-ironically buy a pair as well but just couldn’t justify it at $80-90 from
Zumiez lol

camel filters

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1274
« Reply #33742 on: July 20, 2022, 08:40:33 AM »
I took a seam ripper and pulled the tags off in about a minute.
I want the cab logo there and for it not to come off but I'm also an unreasonable obsessive.

Jewel Runner

• Rep: 100
« Reply #33743 on: July 20, 2022, 08:51:24 AM »

It looks like you have these on your hands lol I can't unsee it

twic3

• Rep: 14
« Reply #33744 on: July 20, 2022, 10:46:17 AM »

Approx like 5-6 months of wear on them.

big_kev_215

• Trade Count: (+16)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 675
« Reply #33745 on: July 20, 2022, 08:01:56 PM »

I think we all need more of these in our lives

chillclinton87

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 72
« Reply #33746 on: July 21, 2022, 01:16:22 PM »
Expand Quote

[close]

It looks like you have these on your hands lol I can't unsee it

Fucking thanks! can't unsee it now either  :o

So many questions......those are the OG ones right? Not the D3 2001 thing? Wild
I got an unworn pair in my size of the OG ones for 20€ like 7 years ago and still don't know why and what to do with them

Frank

• Mods
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1429
  • daddy bought you a pony
« Reply #33747 on: July 21, 2022, 04:09:06 PM »
maybe anyone can help out with some info on this:

need to know if these models are tts or not(if not bigger/smaller?) cause i saw some deals

-half cab skates(with the ollie pad)-i tried some on a year ago and they felt big to me
-dc lynx zero
-emerica gamma & temple

thanks in advance if anyone replies

Quique

• Rep: 52
« Reply #33748 on: July 21, 2022, 08:08:29 PM »

need to know if these models are tts or not(if not bigger/smaller?) cause i saw some deals

-half cab skates(with the ollie pad)-i tried some on a year ago and they felt big to me
-dc lynx zero
-emerica gamma & temple

I've tried lynx zeros and I had to go half size bigger

Cthulhu!

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 455
« Reply #33749 on: July 21, 2022, 08:58:28 PM »

-dc lynx zero
-emerica gamma & temple

With all of the recent Emericas I have to go down half a size. Same thing with Vans. On the other hand, DC is one of the few brands where the vulc and cupsole models are tts. Though I do have a skinny foot.