Author Topic: Post the shoes you're wearing.  (Read 4525107 times)

BoxStuffer (+ 1 Hidden) and 2 Guests are viewing this topic.

DarkPools

• Trade Count: (0)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
Re: Post the shoes you're wearing.
« Reply #34140 on: March 16, 2023, 12:42:59 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
^The Tilt does not use the G6 sole. It's a vulcanized shoe with the "G6" insole. Very different to the actual G6 cupsoles. They need to change the marketing because a lot of shops still think they're the same thing too. I've seen a lot of the normal slipons incorrectly listed as "G6 slip cups" etc.
[close]

Sounds like an issue by the shops posting the models and not actually by Emerica. I see shops get info wrong about numerous other non-soletech brands' tech, too. If any of the employees read the catalog properly or Emerica's online summary on the shoes they ordered to sell, I guarantee there would be less confusion when translating that to shop's in person and online descriptions.

Every summary of G6 models I have seen (cups and vulcs) is crystal clear on whether it uses the G6 pour in sole or uses a G6 insole (all vulcs that have G6 attached to their name, basically).

Same thing for etnies and whether they have Michelin and/or STI insoles or not.
[close]

nah soletech model summaries are pretty misleading. in the case of accel ogs, they are advertised as having the nicer sti foam insoles but they just have regular, paper thin, non-removable insoles. meanwhile, the accel slims have those nicer insoles. that reminds me that i’ve been meaning to change out the insoles in my accel ogs because they’re pretty shit and my feet would prolly appreciate some additional cushioning and support

I've been buying soletech for yearsss and they have been  no where near as misleading as you're insinuating here. The Accel OG is the only model where that discrepancy has occurred against the Accel Slim, though. All the other models are pretty spot on. Whether a customer understands the terminology being presented in a description is a different story.

Es is the worst of the three with accurate info and even then, it's not bad.

I used to run the Lunarlon or DeluxeLite insoles in my Accel OGs years ago before I switched to the Marana/KSL/Joslin trio of shoes to skate in
Super Champion Fun Zone

mamba

• Rep: 134
  • Sucka free
« Reply #34141 on: March 16, 2023, 04:54:26 PM »

Regular converse

I had a pair of those, was there felt on the bottom? I love the all black ones but the ones i skated had felt on the bottom and it was dangerously slick

Fifty8mm

• Rep: 124
« Reply #34142 on: March 16, 2023, 07:28:13 PM »
Expand Quote

Regular converse
[close]

I had a pair of those, was there felt on the bottom? I love the all black ones but the ones i skated had felt on the bottom and it was dangerously slick

Get left over grip. Preferably black magic ;). And rub the shoe for a bit. It will come off.

Sila

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 320
  • Jamu Gost
« Reply #34143 on: March 16, 2023, 10:15:02 PM »
Expand Quote
^The Tilt does not use the G6 sole. It's a vulcanized shoe with the "G6" insole. Very different to the actual G6 cupsoles. They need to change the marketing because a lot of shops still think they're the same thing too. I've seen a lot of the normal slipons incorrectly listed as "G6 slip cups" etc.
[close]

Sounds like an issue by the shops posting the models and not actually by Emerica. I see shops get info wrong about numerous other non-soletech brands' tech, too. If any of the employees read the catalog properly or Emerica's online summary on the shoes they ordered to sell, I guarantee there would be less confusion when translating that to shop's in person and online descriptions.

Every summary of G6 models I have seen (cups and vulcs) is crystal clear on whether it uses the G6 pour in sole or uses a G6 insole (all vulcs that have G6 attached to their name, basically).

I think calling an insole, and a sole by the same name,  creates enough misunderstanding between shops and consumers that it warrants a change.

animalflesh

« Reply #34144 on: March 17, 2023, 06:10:21 AM »
Yeah I just cruise around in them and walk them in for a few weeks then they’re ready to skate

Nacho Maildrop

« Reply #34145 on: March 17, 2023, 07:14:43 AM »
Yeah I just cruise around in them and walk them in for a few weeks then they’re ready to skate

The stock insole also comes out pretty easily and can be swapped for something better. if you prefer. On the monochromes, that sole lasts longer than the gum on the skate line.

DarkPools

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 470
« Reply #34146 on: March 17, 2023, 11:59:35 AM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote
[close]

[close]

I think calling an insole, and a sole by the same name,  creates enough misunderstanding between shops and consumers that it warrants a change.

I disagree. It's the same tech/material just one is in the cupsole and the other is a removable insole. Why would a  different name be necessary when they're already described differently in catalogs/summaries to indicate G6 cupsooe or G6 removable insole?

Two good examples of above on emerica's site where It's clear whether you get the G6 cup or the G6 insole:
KSL G6
Tilt G6 Vulc

It would confuse people more (I believe) if they created a whole new name for the insole and the cup vs what it is now, essentially boiling down to the same thing once explained.

If the customer can't understand the difference between "G6 Insole" and "G6 Cupsole" as Emerica has advertised it since they launched G6, then that's on them, not the company.

Vans brings in multiple names and confuses people with their expansive lingo far more than soletech from what I've observed.
Super Champion Fun Zone

animalflesh

« Reply #34147 on: March 18, 2023, 08:48:34 AM »
Expand Quote
[close]

The stock insole also comes out pretty easily and can be swapped for something better. if you prefer. On the monochromes, that sole lasts longer than the gum on the skate line.

Yeah that’s a fact, if you get a better insole and shoe goo a couple ollie patches these things will lay you longer than CTAS skate

They look better too

turbo 2.0

• Rep: 52
« Reply #34148 on: March 19, 2023, 02:22:29 PM »

Sativa Lung

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 871
« Reply #34149 on: March 19, 2023, 02:31:27 PM »

Shout out to @theloniousmonk for these. Ive always been hesitant to take the Tiago plunge and now I'm mad at myself for it. Numerics fit my Flintstone feet better than any other skate shoe and just pushing down the street in these feels so good. It's too cold to properly skate them yet but from doing some bus stop tricks I think I'm gonna love them.

Mr. Kamikazi

• SLAP Pal
  • Rep: -116
  • 1,2,3,4, tell the people what she wore...
« Reply #34150 on: March 19, 2023, 03:51:05 PM »

Regular converse

I see some No Trend here….

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 300
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #34151 on: March 20, 2023, 01:18:44 PM »

handball top x mike arnold

BoxStuffer

• Rep: 110
« Reply #34152 on: March 20, 2023, 02:45:25 PM »
Lynx OG x Venture

Only negative is I'm on my 3rd left shoelace.  Lace is right where I ollie. 

Enjoy your life.

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #34153 on: March 20, 2023, 07:25:26 PM »
Lynx OG x Venture

i want a pair so badly. there was like a pair or 2 of the jahmir brown ones on paradeworld in my size for $55 but someone else got them literally the day i got paid. still kicking myself for not copping sooner

scab

• Rep: 200
« Reply #34154 on: March 21, 2023, 01:10:52 AM »
Lynx OG x Venture

Those are the bomb!

Frontside Slappy

• Rep: 91
  • Somewhere in a parking garage
« Reply #34155 on: March 23, 2023, 10:18:51 AM »

Tom Knox 440 Lows, love the shade of navy NB did on these!
"That was a clean one." -Werner Herzog

BartHarleyJarvis

• Trade Count: (+11)
  • SLAP Pal
  • Rep: 1082
  • What, me worry?
« Reply #34156 on: March 23, 2023, 10:33:13 AM »

Still my favorite bit. Shout out to Union Skates, LRAB VM001 Sage

eSK3

« Reply #34157 on: March 23, 2023, 12:20:18 PM »

fistful0dynamite

« Reply #34158 on: March 23, 2023, 08:16:05 PM »

eSK3

« Reply #34159 on: March 24, 2023, 07:17:12 AM »

ChompskyHonk

• Rep: 8
  • flow state in the bruh dimension
« Reply #34160 on: March 24, 2023, 07:53:53 AM »

The Jordan 2-5 run is literally perfect. If nike lowered the prices and had fire red colorways of every single one of those shoes available year-round they would never need to retro any other pairs of jordans

eSK3

« Reply #34161 on: March 24, 2023, 08:18:24 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

The Jordan 2-5 run is literally perfect. If nike lowered the prices and had fire red colorways of every single one of those shoes available year-round they would never need to retro any other pairs of jordans

Couldn’t agree more!

Pastasash

• Rep: 61
« Reply #34162 on: March 24, 2023, 09:06:02 AM »

Love the new WC3s, can't believe I struck out everywhere on those, but somehow magically hit on the SB 4s even tho those have much lower stock than the 3s.

But suuuper hyped on these, they've been glued to my feet since I hit on Orchards raffle earlier this week  ;D

eSK3

« Reply #34163 on: March 24, 2023, 10:01:21 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Jah bless Orchard! I hit on the 4’s from them too!

Love the new WC3s, can't believe I struck out everywhere on those, but somehow magically hit on the SB 4s even tho those have much lower stock than the 3s.

But suuuper hyped on these, they've been glued to my feet since I hit on Orchards raffle earlier this week  ;D

Pastasash

• Rep: 61
« Reply #34164 on: March 24, 2023, 12:27:41 PM »
Expand Quote
Expand Quote

[close]

Jah bless Orchard! I hit on the 4’s from them too!

[close]

Nice! Yeah this is my second raffle W from them, also hit on the Huf SF dunks. They're the best shop in NE!

eSK3

« Reply #34165 on: March 25, 2023, 09:22:23 AM »

LocalShrink

• Rep: -12
« Reply #34166 on: March 29, 2023, 06:50:44 PM »

Those are extremely gorgeous, how they skate ?

notinternetfamous

• Rep: 300
  • Watch PURGATORY - the Sproul video
« Reply #34167 on: March 30, 2023, 07:51:26 AM »
Expand Quote

[close]

Those are extremely gorgeous, how they skate ?
yea i'm psyched on these! usually adidas don't fit my wide flat feet, but these have been good so far. i don't have plans on skating them any time soon unless i nab a 2nd pair. The sole is very grippy and the upper materials feel premium. i imagine they skate great but they're not going to be in the skate lineup regularly from what i know. My personal opinion would be to keep them as chillers if that is the case

chronicbackpain

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 157
« Reply #34168 on: March 30, 2023, 09:10:57 AM »

These are more satisfying than a beer after a long day of work.

DERBY

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • Rep: 226
« Reply #34169 on: March 30, 2023, 09:27:03 AM »

These are more satisfying than a beer after a long day of work.

the plug?